Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Bridging The Front Fans Of Our 3MZ-FE Engine - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bridging The Front Fans Of Our 3MZ-FE Engine (905 Views)

2004 Murano With A Toyota 2MZ-FE Engine And Transmission V.NEAT, Shocker / Naija MDXers Community: For The Owners, Techs, DIYers, Or Fans Of The X / Reversing Thermostat/radiator Fan Bypass And Bridging To Factory Setting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bridging The Front Fans Of Our 3MZ-FE Engine by Ehido(m): 11:05am On Sep 23, 2013
Abt 3 months ago I had to repair the ac of our HighlanderN the ac repairer filled the gas and put oil in it saying the oil was to detect any leak in the condenser located in front of the car but unfortunately he didn't check thoroughly.
Fast forward to abt 3 months after the ac wasn't cooling againN took it to another ac person and a leak was detected on the condenser he said since the leak was inside we have to buy a new one and so we did, it was installed and the gas was topped, now the ac is working perfectly.
My point of confusion was when he said the heat in the engine must have caused the leak cos the fan speed was not sufficient to cool the condenser so he advised that the fan speed be increased, we called a nearby auto electician and he bridged the fan immediately he did I could hear the noise of the fan and to be fair to them the engine is now cooler as the bonet is not usually as hot as it used to get but I hate the sound of the fans I used to enjoy that super quiet engine but that groan of the fans can be so annoyin. Before I could sneak up on someone and the person won't notice until I blar the horn but now that fan sound just makes the engine noise noticeable.
My question is, was bridging the fans correct and if not what shld have been done. Can I reduce the noise of the fans?
Pls forgive me for the long post, it was just so I could state the issue clearly.
Thanks in advance for ur valuable contributions.
Re: Bridging The Front Fans Of Our 3MZ-FE Engine by Ikenna351(m): 1:20pm On Sep 23, 2013
I would advice you to quickly go and revert the fan to it's original connection.

The days of that engine is numbered, if you continue to run that car with it. Also, get ready to be replacing that fan every now and then with that connection. They were not designed to spin constantly and on that noisy speed. You are simply killing the fan's motor and the bearing.

Your engine is suppose to run hot, for the engine to last long. So, your bonnet should feel warm and not cold.

Ikenna.
Re: Bridging The Front Fans Of Our 3MZ-FE Engine by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 23, 2013
That electrician is crazy. His head is not correct. How can he suggest that. That means ur fans don't have a relay anymore. Wow. Just disconnect the wire yourself. Its not difficult.
Re: Bridging The Front Fans Of Our 3MZ-FE Engine by Ehido(m): 9:47am On Sep 24, 2013
Thanks Ikenna and Chiebube for ur responses. Pls is it possible that it was the heat frm the engine that led to the leaking condenser as the guy told me? The electrician also told me that the engine heat also led to a blown gasket on an avalon which uses same engine. One thing is sure though I'm returning the fan to its original connection. Thanks again guys.
Re: Bridging The Front Fans Of Our 3MZ-FE Engine by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 24, 2013
Ehido: Thanks Ikenna and Chiebube for ur responses. Pls is it possible that it was the heat frm the engine that led to the leaking condenser as the guy told me? The electrician also told me that the engine heat also led to a blown gasket on an avalon which uses same engine. One thing is sure though I'm returning the fan to its original connection. Thanks again guys.

1. A good working fan doesn't make an outrageous noise
2. Maybe ur condenser was leaking because of rust or some other reason.
3. Return ur fan to the normal operating speed and make sure its sucking in air from outside not the other way round. Maybe the initial connection of the fan wasn't properly done and the electrician is causing another problem in addition to the first.
4. Pls disregard the Avalon story

Pls don't patronise that electrician again. He is telling u 'fantabulous' stories which don't make sense.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Replace Rear Shocks On Honda Accord 08? / Would You Like To Drive This Car ? / What's D Effect Of Dis In My Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.