Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,668 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

iPhone 5S Fingerprint Sensor Hacked By German Computer Club - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 5S Fingerprint Sensor Hacked By German Computer Club (14257 Views)

Zero 3 Review: Battery, Multitasking, Sensor, Heat And Camera Comparison Tests / Latest Injoo 2 Smartphone With Fingerprint Sensor / Check Out Innjoo Latest Smartphone With Fingerprint Sensor And 13MP Front Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 5S Fingerprint Sensor Hacked By German Computer Club by free2ryhme: 8:47am On Sep 24, 2013
Rejoice5000: Ok ooooooo we don hear, how does that concern me??
hw e go conceRn when u neveR use youR money buy anyrtin wey pass N200 before for your life

1 Like

Re: iPhone 5S Fingerprint Sensor Hacked By German Computer Club by IAMBREEZY: 9:28am On Sep 24, 2013
Old news something that i've done before with my team mtchwww
Re: iPhone 5S Fingerprint Sensor Hacked By German Computer Club by 123gist(m): 10:51am On Sep 24, 2013
Apple will continue to flop........... Apple died the day steve Job was laid to rest.........
Updated Via: www./lindaikeji
Re: iPhone 5S Fingerprint Sensor Hacked By German Computer Club by crispgg: 11:08am On Sep 24, 2013
Some guys have even come up with a way to bypass the 4 digit code.

See Video, after showing how to do the fingerprint bypass, the guy now showed how to bypass the code and access the device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baio0qUj2Lk

Already they have sold over 2 million units. I don't know why Apple with its uninspiring design and flawed OS should be this successful whilst blackberry whose new OS and design was hailed is about to go private. I guess its not really about having a good product anymore, its more of the hype that you can generate about your product
Re: iPhone 5S Fingerprint Sensor Hacked By German Computer Club by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 24, 2013
Every device is prone to possible evaluation by anyone (or group). Its a challenge and trust me...Apple will counter it as they always have. Don't forget their incontestable position in this field though... cool
Re: iPhone 5S Fingerprint Sensor Hacked By German Computer Club by linearity: 7:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
crispgg: Some guys have even come up with a way to bypass the 4 digit code.

See Video, after showing how to do the fingerprint bypass, the guy now showed how to bypass the code and access the device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baio0qUj2Lk

Already they have sold over 2 million units. I don't know why Apple with its uninspiring design and flawed OS should be this successful whilst blackberry whose new OS and design was hailed is about to go private. I guess its not really about having a good product anymore, its more of the hype that you can generate about your product

Am not really bothered about these compared the ability of some1 to use a locked iPhone with iOS7 to make calls...

The first exploit shown on the video requires one to get the finger print you used to lock the screen as much as that is difficult plus the person have to guess which of your 10 fingers you used to lock the phone, also if someone steals the phone, they will not be able to get the finger prints unless they were able to guess which of your 10 fingers was used and cut it off as well as steal the phone.

The second exploit can be mitigate by disabling 'Access on locked Screen' in Control Center under General tab.

My major concern is that, one can make calls from a locked iPhone screen and there is no way around this.....
Re: iPhone 5S Fingerprint Sensor Hacked By German Computer Club by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ha ah! A pity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Block Some Numbers From Calling My Airtel Number / Google’s Android Apps Are No Longer Free / MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.