Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge (11379 Views)

Udom Emmanuel Completes House (Mansion) In Just Months In Office -SaharaReporter / Buhari Defies Rain In Cross River, Shuns Helicopter / President Buhari Visits Cross River State (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by ekkywolex(m): 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2013
Why so much noise about this bridge now, people have been using the bridge now for over a year....no need to sing praises....it's not a big deal, other governors are doing better things

2 Likes

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2013
Atouke: For those who dont have short attention span and hence can read more than 2 sentences the importance of this bridge to cross river and nay nigeria is embeded on the information below sorry if you cant read more than a few sentences then you would not know why idundu bridge is important and why it should be celebrated:

A submerged low-bed trailer that caused
the collapse of Idundu Bridge linking
Nigeria and Cameroun in Akpabuyo Local
Government Area of Cross River State
Saturday. The bridge links Nigeria and
Cameroun.
"THE 42-year-old Idundu bridge on Oban-Ekan road in Cross River State linking Otu-end of the Republic of Cameroun has collapsed, crippling economic activities in the area.
The collapsed bridge has also affected work at the ongoing construction site of the multimillion dollar Orascom/Unicem cement factory at Mfemosin, Akamkpa Local Government Area of the state, as well as cut off Obasanjo Farms at Ekong Anaku in the same local government area from the other part of the state.
The bridge, with a capacity for 20 tonne weight, collapsed at the weekend when a trailer low bed conveying an earth moving vehicle to the Oracom project site plunged into the Idundu River and crushing in the process, a tipper truck that was loading sand under the bridge at the time.
Though no life was lost, the impact of the accident prompted the state governor, Mr. Donald Duke, to visit the scene where he mandated the commissioner for works, Mr. Julius Okpotu, to assess the level of damage and work out temporary alternative for the people in the area.
Okpotu, who addressed the community in Akansoko, condoled with them for the accident and promised to provide a boat to ferry the people as a temporary measure to the problem.
The commissioner commended the villagers for their calm and understanding in the wake of the accident and sued for cooperation as well as support while the state government would liaise with the Federal Government and Orascom Company to rebuild the bridge.
He implored them not to blame the company for the accident since it was not deliberate. Okpotu added that the Orascom/Unicem cement plant when completed, would create jobs for the community and the state.
Also speaking, the Deputy Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Hon. Dominic Aqua Edem, thanked Duke for taking urgent steps to address the problem and appealed for calm from the community.
In his remark, the project manager of Orascom, Mr. Brain Sears, said the company was deeply grieved by the incident and promised to collaborate with the relevant authorities in building the bridge while promising to provide a boat to convey the people across the river at no cost as a temporary measure.
A community spokesman, Mr. Edem Ekong, commended the state government for the prompt concern over the incident and appealed to government to ensure the planned provision of water and electricity promptly, alongside the building of the collapsed bridge.

The bridge collapsed since 2002 and they are just building it now. SHAME

SHAME

SHAME

More SHAME

1 Like

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Jayses(m): 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2013
A welcome development though, call this number for your musical beat and mastering 08068834494 Anamdie baba
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by ShineIt: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
Confirmed dullards?

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by dossantos1: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
teeo:

ooo just shut up please the light rail project running from badagry to National theatre is what. Ewu gambia

Ode, olodo. mention one bridge e dey tallk light rail. y is d light rail not passsing through one of the inner roads of badagry. olodo, must u bring fashola to every thread, dats hw u create more enemies for d young man
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by ndcide(m): 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
why bad mouth the project.. Oyo state gov held a party to open a bridge and people celebrated on NL.

so if it's not done by my person, then, it's not good.

na wa oh!!!
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by victorv12(m): 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2013
Look at the little bridge they're giving props! You'll think it's one solid bridge like the Manhattan Bridge in New York. Abeg, make una carry your gada go menn!
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
@ POSTER U GUYS SHOULD STOP LIEING IN THIS NAIRALANDOOOO, YOU PRESENTED THIS AS IF ITS JUST A COMPLETED PROJECT. THIS BRIDGE HAS BEEN COMPLETED SINCE 2010/2011, I CAME TO CALABAR IN MARCH 2011, BY THEN THIS BRIDGE WAS IN USE.

ITS NOT A RECENT PROJECT GUY.
LOOK FOR A RECENT PROJECT, AND POST
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Orokita(m): 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
Its only in Nigeria that someone will paint an existing bridge and commision it as new... This bridge has been in use for quite some time now!!! If it were in developed countries I'm sure this so called leaders would rot in jail. Imagine the audacity! I wud av said THUNDER FIRE THE OP sef buh Seun is watching so I-m just going to Mouth iT! If u say it out loud na u seun go catch... T H U ND ER FIRE THIS OP and FAKE P olITiCIAnS!!!
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by kpolli(m): 4:58pm On Sep 23, 2013
I don't see any toll gate or noise like our Lagos counterparts oooo

Hope Fashola is learning how to govern.... Stop making money off us
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Saintly01(m): 5:04pm On Sep 23, 2013
Good to know
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2013
victorv12: Look at the little bridge they're giving props to! You'll think it's one solid bridge like the Manhattan Bridge in New York. Abeg, make una carry your gada go menn!

I tire o my brother. THE BRIDGE SEF NA CHINA PRODUCT. Who knows weda e go last? grin
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Bibol(f): 5:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
This isn't a new project please. Or is it not the same Idundun that links Bakassi?
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Aifey(m): 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2013
I d land of d blinds" wht do we do than 2say a big congrts.
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Atouke: 5:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
idundu bridge has fallen down! Prior to intervention by his excellency the gov. of cross river state lyle imoke.

i bet if this was the present picture of the bridge some of you on this thread would have been very happy? but sorry a new bridge has been constructed to replace the broken one.

some of us nigerians are fixated on bad news, we should change our ways. celebrate good things and dont denigrate it, so we will see good things in our lives.

For some of you who are criticizing the bridge attached is a picture of the fallen bridge prior to new construction you can open a new thread called idundu bridge has fallen down or whatever fits your deranged fancy and feed your craving for bad news and self delusion.

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by creativemusic: 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2013
so it is good but not good not enough, let government provide social security for graduates that has no job to reduce crimes. all these road is done by foreigners when our nigeria people are mere slaves and casual boy workers in the their company. please let all governors provide social security for unemployed graduate to reduce the effect of poverty and reduce kidnapper problem. see WHAT OKOROCHA IS DOING IN IMO STATE. . shikenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Lushgreen: 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2013
This bridge have been in existence for over 2years. Infact, the entrance to the bridge, when coming from Calabar, failed last year and was repaired. The exact point of failure is the concrete patch between the road and the bridge in the first set of pix.

I really don't know what this thread is celebrating.
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Godson201333(m): 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
Na this small bridge una dey celebrate?
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by azzutee(m): 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2013
To say d fact, dis bridge is nt worth celebrating. This is project ought to be executed by local govt chairman & nt state governor. If we continue lyk dis, Nigeria wil neva developed in d nxt 500yrs.
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nicepoker(m): 8:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
shakol91: A good project,but why that curve bridge...I personally don't like that design..
thats the best design so far. It limit cracks and the rollers at both ends shift wel too.
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Nicepoker(m): 8:23pm On Sep 23, 2013
aasog1: Good stuff. But been a professional Engineer, I think the project will become a nightmare in the next two years or so!
Why do Nigerian government, including the states and federal keep building roads without drainage? Its a total waste of money...
Such roads get washed away as fast as possible! angry angry angry angry
luk at dis road side engineer
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Emperor007: 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2013
At least, it's toll free.

Hmmmm.

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Usen9c(m): 8:38pm On Sep 23, 2013
[quote author=shymexx]Lmao!!

That looks like a road - defo not worth celebrating. undecided

i hate dis water na dat bridge kill my elder brothe while crossing the water wit a canoe wen the bridge was on construction. Rip brothe ETIDO ur memorie wud ever remain in our heart, i pray the almighty God wud keep u in a safe place till we meet again. Amen;(;(
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Usen9c(m): 8:39pm On Sep 23, 2013
[quote author=shymexx]Lmao!!

That looks like a road - defo not worth celebrating. undecided

i hate dis water na dat bridge kill my elder brother on 2009 while crossing the water wit a canoe wen the bridge was on construction. Rip brothe ETIDO ur memorie wud ever remain in our heart, i pray the almighty God wud keep u in a safe place till we meet again. Amen;(;(
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by funshint(m): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
So because we don dey show una hw we dey tear new bridges/flyover 4 SW; na so U̶̲̥̅̊na 2 one show abi? It is well!
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by biafranqueen: 11:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
ledafaze:

The bridge collapsed since 2002 and they are just building it now. SHAME

SHAME

SHAME

More SHAME
they are really tryingooo embarassed
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by biafranqueen: 11:11pm On Sep 23, 2013
[quote author=Usen9c][/quote] cry cry cry Sorry for your loss that is terrible!
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by winteriscoming: 11:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
I can't believe no one has said this.

Fresh Air
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by adino(m): 11:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
Kairoseki77: Always good to see this!

Question though, is this really an accomplishment?

Anyway, I am happy for the community that uses this road. I'm sure they are happy too.

Bloody hypocrite, when fashola commissioned 155 meter falomo ramp and all of you were dancing owanbe on the thread. Here you are foolishly trolling and making a fool of yourself, while fashole spent N2.5billion on a less than 200 meter ramp.

https://www.nairaland.com/775838/fashola-unveils-n2.5bn-falomo-ramp

Just see the shameless ones dancing all over the thread in the link above.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by adino(m): 12:05am On Sep 24, 2013
Jubilation in Lagos as Fashola commissions 155 meters ramp with N2.5Billion.

https://www.nairaland.com/775838/fashola-unveils-n2.5bn-falomo-ramp

http://ekoonibajeng.com/index.php?topic=4505.0;wap2

http://lagos.wantedinafrica.com/news/8461/fashola-commissions-new-falomo-bridge-ramp.html

http://lagosindicatoronline.com/Fashola_commissions_Falomo.html

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/fashola-commissions-new-bridge

This is to all the hypocrites here, when fashola commissioned a less than 200 meter ramp, they all went gaga and made sure all online and on stand newspapapers reported it. One of the newspapers had the guts to call the ramp the very first of its kind in west Africa.

1 Like

Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by nkenu(m): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2013
This is the only little thing the sleeping Governor has done. He couldnt fit into the " OKON BIG SHOES" the former Governor, Donald Duke left for him to wear! Ssmmmmmm!!
Re: Cross River Completes 220-meters Idundu Bridge by Gabrinoz: 11:04am On Sep 24, 2013
[/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size][b][/b]
Atouke: Now this is a good project completed by gov. imoke He used one of the best construction company in nigeria CCECC to construct the bridge which connotes quality.

BIG BIG LIE, the said road is a FG road which links Cameroun and where Obj farm use to be, the contract for the bridge was awarded some time in 2006/2007 by Obj and the said bridge has being in use for almost 3yrs now. The Bridge was not a CRS project Please.
Atouke: Now this is a good project completed by gov. imoke He used one of the best construction company in nigeria CCECC to construct the bridge which connotes quality.

BIG BIG LIE, the said road is a FG road which links Cameroun and where Obj farm use to be, the contract for the bridge was awarded some time in 2006/2007 by Obj and the said bridge has being in use for almost 3yrs now. The Bridge was not a CRS project Please.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My View On Radio Biafra By A Northerner / Afenifere Chieftain, Olaniwun Ajayi Is Dead / Video Of President Buhari's Speech At TICAD7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.