Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

What Happened To Blackberry? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Happened To Blackberry? (30832 Views)

Craziest Thing That Happened To Me In 2015 / NL.... Time To Return To Blackberry Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2013

Canada fhucked up. Too bad.
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Lilnizzy(m): 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
grin abeg tecno is d movement going for mah M3 tonyt.BB and dia yeye ba3 i think dats part of dia downfall also.
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by EzePromoe: 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
Blackberry treated its customers with low regards.
When they dominated the market, they were hiking the price for BBM subscription.
I prayed for a better day, and now its here. Blackberry are now at the losing side, begging us for our patronage by removing BBM charges.
SHAME!
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by nkeboy(m): 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
So I might have no option 2 finally get an andriod fone......d BBM 4 blackberry tire me sef cos of so much fake friends sad
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Osinachi101(m): 1:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
Making BBM available 2 android fones is d biggest mistake BB company will/have made...... Dey have jux killed d little market dey have now! Their best feature is wat dey sold out........SMH......... Na to change 2 android fone b d way now.
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Projectors(m): 1:11pm On Sep 24, 2013
Pinging for all.

For sometimes now, I have abandoned my BB for Android phone.

I have peace using my Android.

UP Android.
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by adedayourt(m): 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
Tђε̲̣ major downfall I saw with  ℓƧ that they were blinded by d maket share bbm brought dem and never found reason 2 improve features on other models of  they produced. It not over for dem sha. (#teambb til I use ♍ÿ̲ last card comot d fone body)

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Gorrbachev: 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
Blackberry went black and whites boycotted it. They have the purchasing power and they decided to kill it. its their world.
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Iaz93: 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
the BBM is nothing sef...

With WhatsApp, I can chat all I want.

Useless battery, I go dey waka, charger go dey my pocket....inconveniences!

God bless TECNO.

4 Likes

Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by idrisolaide(m): 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
Android Ruling now, i was wondering what made 1.1 Million People Download the leaked APP in just less that 48 Hours, so what if its left for a while... Na Message for RIM, BB Family, Dreaded Fans, and Cant Do Without Folks... smiley
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Elxandre(m): 1:13pm On Sep 24, 2013
Mr OP you had a nice article so far, till you touted tecno as a major player in the smartphone game..

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2013
Team#andriod#...like if u belong

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by moscobabs(m): 1:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
Everything has its time.BB has gone already!!!
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by John1305(m): 1:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
The threader was right, they never worked on varieties.., they push up their brand name only forgetting the product itself. So their customers only bought and paid for brand BB.. And not the satisfaction.. The only reason I am still using a bb now is the cheaper Internet Access rate. BIS is still making sense, and I'm sure will make more sense sooner.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Bsc(m): 1:23pm On Sep 24, 2013
just watched on CNN as it is a topical news. Am sorry BB
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by lorddarshwood(m): 1:24pm On Sep 24, 2013
Blackberry sold its birthright and that's exactly what happened because the world was waiting and can you imagine 1.1millie download and 80% of this downloads are from samsung and Iphone only,if ur uniqueness is gone,then ur just an empty vessel. Greatest mistake
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 24, 2013
Its difficult for BB to survive the android evolution, even Apple iOS may not survive Android evolution.

BBM is the best and most secure messaging platform and for BB to make it cross platform is ther worst mistake and the best thing to happen to humanity.

I gave out my Z10 after just 1 month of purchase and am glued to Galaxy range of products for effectiveness and efficiency but I also go around with iPhone not for anything but to show am rich.

4 Likes

Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by kcjazz(m): 1:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
BlackBerry problem was they failed with the transition from Corporate customers to the mass market. They saw the mass market as an opportunity but could not keep up with the innovation. Stick to your core business and don't try to please everyone no matter what.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by wonlasewonimi: 1:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
They should have stuck to their enterprise solutions model. They were enticed by the consumer market forgetting that consumers are very fickle and would always want new things unless you can re-invent the wheel like apple and Samsung are currently doing. The consequence - they got burnt!
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
kcjazz: BlackBerry problem was they failed with the transition from Corporate customers to the mass market. They saw the mass market as an opportunity but could not keep up with the innovation. Stick to your core business and don't try to please everyone no matter what.
I advice they drop their BB10 OS and adopt Android as OS.
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by BeingAkorede(m): 1:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
Saturday was a great day but they killed it all and RIM said the Android version of the hyped BBM was leaked after which it has to be suspended. Thats an indication that people only want the BBM PIN and nothing else.

who cares about BB anyway...? Let us have your BBM asap otherwise we'll continue the fun on whatsapp only.
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by ibiali(m): 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2013
thats the point @life style.....there more to BB other than d BBM......for me ,the fone is being under-utilized... smiley
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 24, 2013
kcjazz: BlackBerry problem was they failed with the transition from Corporate customers to the mass market. They saw the mass market as an opportunity but could not keep up with the innovation. Stick to your core business and don't try to please everyone no matter what.

Even if they stayed with only Corporate clients, do you think other phones would not have attacked that market too. The Corporate/Retail market are no longer separate in phones. Many companies now give out iphones and samsung to their staff so BB was always going to be in trouble. They just failed to be innovated.
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by penzino(m): 1:41pm On Sep 24, 2013
BBM on Android or not... Nt parting with my BB cos of moderate data consumption rate... Can u manage 500mb of data on android without downloads for a mnth? We all know the ansa.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Holuwahphemy(m): 1:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nothing much,

BB's Ogas at the top (tecno, samsung, htc, ipone et.c)

came around,

and swept it off its feet!

SHIKENA!
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by iwanchop(m): 1:42pm On Sep 24, 2013
Now that Blackberry is gone I hope the prices of Android and iPhone will not skyrocket.
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Amyceilyn(f): 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2013
Blackberry company is critically endangered
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by kcjazz(m): 1:43pm On Sep 24, 2013
Nashville:

Even if they stayed with only Corporate clients, do you think other phones would not have attacked that market too. The Corporate/Retail market are no longer separate in phones. Many companies now give out iphones and samsung to their staff so BB was always going to be in trouble. They just failed to be innovated.

Focus is key. If they stayed their research and future innovation would be more directed at their corporate clients. The company have realised this issue and have announced they are leaving the mass consumer market. There are companies that focus on corporate environment cos it requires different mindset and objectives.
Re: What Happened To Blackberry? by Lero15(m): 1:44pm On Sep 24, 2013
please can someone show me how to gt bbm on android? couldn't find it on playstore

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mention One App That Has Changed Your Life / Oppo A92 Unboxing, First Impressions And Long Term Review + Price (photos) / Elephone P7000 3gb RAM Android 5.0 4G Smartphone Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.