Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan (9313 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Paralyses Lagos, Other Major Cities -PUNCH / Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark / Oshiomole Paralyses Entire Education System In Edo State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by IgboDelta: 6:51pm On Sep 23, 2013
Torrential rain paralyses activities in Ibadan

on September 23, 2013 / in News 6:10 pm / Comments

Ibadan – A heavy rain in Ibadan, which started on Sunday evening, has paralysed the activities of the residents of the city.

The rain, which has yet to stop on Monday evening, caused the flooding of several bridges across Ibadan.

The submerged bridges include the 7up/Elebu bridge in Oluyole Estate, which prevented residents, including pupils and government workers, from leaving their homes.

Some of the people said however, bemoaned the sudden increase in the cost of transportation, adding that most commercial motorists even declined to convey people to long distances.

Mrs Blessing Joshua, a housewife, lamented about the continued downpour since Sunday evening.

“What kind of rain is this? I went to the market to buy some foodstuff, only for me to come back empty-handed because most of the sellers were not present.

“Even the few available traders increased the cost of things in the market; I hope this is not the seven-day rain which, as some people predicted, would fall in September,’’ she said.

Mr Abdullateef AbdulGafar, a commercial motorcyclist, said: “I would not have gone to pick my customer if he had not paid me for my services earlier.’’

Mrs Rasheedat Rufail, a teacher of Ansar-Ud-Deen High School in the Liberty area of Ibadan, said that the school’s academic activities had been paralysed due to the deluge.

She said that most of the teachers and students failed to come to school on Monday. (NAN)
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/torrential-rain-paralyses-activities-in-ibadan/
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by IgboDelta: 6:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
Flood is a big issue in south west. The governors needs to be proactive

1 Like

Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by geeez: 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2013
Igbo Delta: Flood is a big issue in south west. The governors needs to be proactive

The last major flooding we had got Onitsha submerged

The landlocked SE zone has a landmass almost the size of Oyo

As if that is not bad enough, half of the land is erosion ravaged

6 Likes

Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by passion007: 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2013
geeez:

Same happening in Ondo.
https://www.nairaland.com/1450926/24-hours-nonstop-rainfall-ondo

No need to trivialize/tribalize this issue.
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by IgboDelta: 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2013
THE FLOOD IN Yorubaa land is very abnormal
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by abatajjvii: 10:21am On Sep 24, 2013
Igbo Delta: THE FLOOD IN Yorubaa land is very abnormal

men that rain here be weeeeennnnnnnnnn

everyone has a touch of it
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by moscobabs(m): 10:24am On Sep 24, 2013
That Ibadan own still small...come ask us here in Benin City.
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by biyiwilly(m): 10:25am On Sep 24, 2013
end time tinz
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by gboso1ne(m): 10:26am On Sep 24, 2013
I dey come
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 24, 2013
. grin grin
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by RealAlfranco: 10:28am On Sep 24, 2013
News without Pictures to 'back-up' it up is pretty much da in-vogue thing on NL dis days!!! I tire oo!!! Bt well,its sad...all dis politicians who will 'chop' our money and still leave us 2 suffer,God dey watch una in REAL DEFINITION (RD)!!!
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by 3ace(m): 10:30am On Sep 24, 2013
“I would not have gone
to pick my customer if he had not paid me
for my services earlier.’’
Commitment, reliability. I hope same won't fall in Lagos o. I dey gbadun the cool weather and mild rain.

2 Likes

Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by Texykool: 10:33am On Sep 24, 2013
Two people were confirmed dead around Orita -Challenge area of Ibadan while unconfirmed reports say that five persons have been declared missing.

I was beaten to and from work in that rain.
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by princemolak(m): 10:34am On Sep 24, 2013
if not for the expansion of the rivers by AJIMOBI,there would av bin anoda flood disaster,only 7 people were reported to b missing sha

2 Likes

Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by Kaxmytex(m): 10:36am On Sep 24, 2013
princemolak: if not for the expansion of the rivers by AJIMOBI,there would av bin anoda flood disaster,only 7 people were reported to b missing sha
chai......c hw rain dey kidnap pple
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 24, 2013
Same here at Benin
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by christejames(m): 11:04am On Sep 24, 2013
Human activities ignited the sudden flood why is everyone complaing, no need to apportion blame to any zone please
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by Damlesky(m): 11:05am On Sep 24, 2013
when we dey pray make fall for our area some people dey experience flood. You people stingy oooo. You no fit share us some rain.
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by AbuMikey(m): 11:10am On Sep 24, 2013
Same shitty rain stuff at Ekpoma. 6:00am to 8:00pm angry
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by Sheggun1: 11:10am On Sep 24, 2013
Same........................... here in ekiti
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by Clemzy16(m): 11:17am On Sep 24, 2013
Benin was worst. The Rain lasted for more than 9 hours¡ now that`s a record|
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 24, 2013
geeez: 

1mbecile, bringing tribal nonsense into any small thing.1diot
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by Jobabori(m): 11:25am On Sep 24, 2013
God have mercy on the land of Oluyole. Ogunpa, Kudeti, Ogbere and others were once source of blessing, may the careless dump-droppers and those people without foresight who blocked your passages through erection of structures not turn you to source of calamity. Ajimobi, I thank you for expanding the passages of this rivers earlier. We should always remember that " Eni foju agbara wo kudeti, odo yoo gbe lo" (He whould consider Kudeti as a mere flood will be flooded away by this river"
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by Layolaw(f): 11:32am On Sep 24, 2013
i hope is not Noah rain ooo
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by Willgates(m): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2013
condoms should be distributed ASAP...we don't want to hear stories of missing 'stuffs' after everything! lolz
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by Lordseyad(m): 11:35am On Sep 24, 2013
hehehe~, hin don start again.......its stopped 30mins ago .rain ofcourse!!!
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by funshint(m): 11:36am On Sep 24, 2013
Clemzy16: Benin was worst. The Rain lasted for more than 9 hours¡ now that`s a record|
9hrs!! Dats small... Its alrdy going to 48hrs in Ibadan no joke O°˚˚˚ !
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by bee444: 11:44am On Sep 24, 2013
You guys should learn how to attach photos of event in your reporting. Even the Vanguard you quoted haven't got a clue; no single photo. Bad journalism!
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by sureteeboy(m): 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2013
This OP even copied the comment link 4rm the source website.
Re: Torrential Rain Paralyses Activities In Ibadan by Histrings08(m): 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2013
In fact tz bn along tym I see the like,kudos to Oyo state govt 4 d Drainage or Else d casualty would av bn limitless...Buh d most surprising thing is that there was light in my area till this morning I.e the Phcn neva turn it off..isn't that surprising

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Grills Five Ex-nnpc Bosses Over $153m Transfer / Minimum Wage: Ngige Consults AGF, Threatens To Sue Governors / Bidi Akande: Obasanjo, Northern Elites Rejected Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.