Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,850 members, 7,813,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark (2955 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Paralyses Lagos, Other Major Cities -PUNCH / Nassarawa Lawmakers In Free For All Fight / Fuel Scarcity Paralyses Labs, Hospitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2015
You are here : Home » Business »
Naira in free fall as dollars scarcity paralyses activities at parallel market
November 23, 2015 at 8:57 pm in Business FacebookTwitterSMSWhatsApp
Lagos – The Naira on Monday fell freely at the parallel market, as scarcity of dollars paralysed activities.
It lost N3 to exchange at N241 to the dollar on Monday afternoon, after it traded for N238 to the dollar on Friday.

http://linkis.com/www.vanguardngr.com/YAKHr
Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by AceRoyal: 9:25pm On Nov 23, 2015
Change!
Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by EternalTruths: 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
Let's clap for the Northern slaves down South who voted this outdated President grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 23, 2015
Its called Chanji.

Buhari will surely ruin Nigeria faster.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by Elslim: 9:49pm On Nov 23, 2015
End Time Naira
Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by Rose2014: 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
Did I hear 241? shocked

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 23, 2015
EternalTruths:
Let's clap for the Northern slaves down South who voted this outdated President grin

Do you understand the issue at stake?

Black market! Is it legitimate? How deep is it? How big is it? How is it funded?

When did an illegal market become the yardstick for measuring the health of a currency?

Do you know the relationship between the BVN and the spike in black market rate?

The only slave here is you - a slave to ignorance!

9 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by Onyejiuwaokoh: 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
After experiencing the sectional appointment, selective anti corruption war, current Judiciary injustices and nepotism, and recent do or die election in Kogi. We are going back to insensitive fruitless economic policy and anachronistic governance.

2 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by jordy101(m): 10:38pm On Nov 23, 2015
Activa:

Black market! Is it legitimate? How deep is it? How big is it? How is it funded?

You are the real slave, whose common sense of reasoning have become so obscure that you are forever bound to bondage and slavery by your inability to embrace common truth

8 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by TechRev: 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
which is falling faster?? Naira or Nigeria??

Click like for Naira, share for Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by dialfa: 10:47pm On Nov 23, 2015
The Zoo must fall

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by ishiamu(m): 11:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
Rose2014:
Did I hear 241? shocked

Rose what's up?
Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by cjrane: 12:24am On Nov 24, 2015
TechRev:
which is falling faster?? Naira or Nigeria??

Click like for Naira, share for Nigeria.

Naira will reach N300 to $1 by end of February.
The dulllard will surely co to ur his body language economic policies.

Wetin concern me?
Nigerians voted deserve what they asked for.

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by Rose2014: 12:53am On Nov 24, 2015
ishiamu:

Rose what's up?

I greet u sir

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by StOla: 1:04am On Nov 24, 2015
jordy101:
You are the real slave, whose common sense of reasoning have become so obscure that you are forever bound to bondage and slavery by your inability to embrace common truth

And what is truth?

Care to let us in on the truth of this steady decline of our Naira vs Dollar since Q4 of 2014?

Mind you Buhari was not in power then.

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by Nobody: 5:37am On Nov 24, 2015
jordy101:

You didn't answer my questions. I challenge you to a debate on this subject.

It is not about shouting 'slave' all over. Support your assertions with facts or remain a fool.

Don't run your mouth over a subject you're not familiar with.
Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 24, 2015
cjrane:

Naira will reach N300 to $1 by end of February.
The dulllard will surely co to ur his body language economic policies.

In which Fx market do you see the Naira reaching N300?
Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 24, 2015
Onyejiuwaokoh:
After experiencing the sectional appointment, selective anti corruption war, current Judiciary injustices and nepotism, and recent do or die election in Kogi. We are going back to insensitive fruitless economic policy and anachronistic governance.

Are you aware that the Naira closed yesterday at N197 at the Interbank FX market?

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by 989900: 6:06am On Nov 24, 2015
Baba how far na?

A good number of Nigerians voted for you because the Naira was in free-fall under 'oga Jona', because you claimed to know how to arrest the fall and make it rise again.

Regardless of the determinant parameters, it was Jona's fault -- so it is your fault too.
#zerotoleranceforexcuses

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by chxe: 6:49am On Nov 24, 2015
and the idiot is in IRAN.. shebi na change una vote for? una neva see suntin.... this one na morning...
Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by doctokwus: 7:02am On Nov 24, 2015
chxe:
and the idiot is in IRAN.. ...
Some of u are damn stupid and need to be secluded from any rational discourse!What has his Iran trip got to do with falling naira.
I feel cbn under Emefiele is not getting some things right in regards to its monetary policy.

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by ERAKAMUS: 7:32am On Nov 24, 2015
doctokwus:

Some of u are damn stupid and need to be secluded from any rational discourse!What has his Iran trip got to do with falling naira.
I feel cbn under Emefiele is not getting some things right in regards to its monetary policy.
DON'T MENTION THE EMEFIELE'S NAME DUDE

YOU GUYS VOTED IN AN ILLITERATE

#SHIKENAN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by chxe: 7:59am On Nov 24, 2015
doctokwus:

I agree with u. Useless idiots like yourself should be excluded from National issues.
He is incharge of the country therefore if it's good or bad he is to blame.. anu mpama

2 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by doctokwus: 9:17am On Nov 24, 2015
chxe:

I agree with u. Useless idiots like yourself should be excluded from National issues.
He is incharge of the country therefore if it's good or bad he is to blame.. anu mpama
I really showed how senseless u are. Just a little honest truth I told u, u are already pained,yet u have d nerve to use such word against a man that is trying to save ur likes from your years of ineptude and doom.
Shift b4 I tell u another one that may cause u heart attack.I can even feel ur animated state from here just because I told u to always excuse urself from rational discourse. What if I tell u I doubt ur education because of ur uncommon arse licking of a failed past govt?
Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by chxe: 11:11am On Nov 24, 2015
doctokwus:

I really showed how senseless u are. Just a little honest truth I told u, u are already pained,yet u have d nerve to use such word against a man that is trying to save ur likes from your years of ineptude and doom.
Shift b4 I tell u another one that may cause u heart attack.I can even feel ur animated state from here just because I told u to always excuse urself from rational discourse. What if I tell u I doubt ur education because of ur uncommon arse licking of a failed past govt?

I will say it again. The man and u na idiot. If e pain you, go kids cobra. Mumu.

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by Horus(m): 11:24am On Nov 24, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VShY01G0UQI

[size=15pt]CBN Governor On Naira Devaluation[/size]

Godwin Emiefele CBN governor refuse the request of the IMF to further devalue the Naira.
He said Nigeria will not devalue her currency again, at least for now.
Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by doctokwus: 11:55am On Nov 24, 2015
chxe:

, go kids cobra. .
There goes further evidence.
Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by NNPCFACTS: 12:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
Activa:

When did an illegal market become the yardstick for measuring the health of a currency?

Do you know the relationship between the BVN and the spike in black market rate?

Take sense for a senseless post my brother.

The world is a global village and PMB should stop isolating Nigeria because of a few useless unpatriotic Nigerians that have been stealing from this country since 1960.

Nigerian businesses are suffering because of the foreign exchange senseless policy. Thus the reason why I have decided to dash you more sense. Receive sense my brother.

3 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by feelamong(m): 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
It is only in Nigeria that Importers will be going to BDCs and parallel markets to source their dollars!!

Dollars plenty...... na customers with BVN to buy the dollars that are scarce... hence they all flock the illegal markets..

Infact Genuine BDCs are finding it hard to sell all their dollars to genuine customers with BVN

http://leadership.ng/business/477161/cbn-saves-300m-demand-bvn-bureau-de-change

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by ishiamu(m): 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
Rose2014:

I greet u sir

How u dey?
Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by Rose2014: 12:40am On Nov 25, 2015
ishiamu:

How u dey?

Too many people on my mention, I almost missed this

I'm very fine sir. Thanks

I remain loyal sir

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall As Dollars Scarcity Paralyses Activities At The Parallel Mark by ishiamu(m): 12:52am On Nov 25, 2015
Rose2014:

Too many people on my mention, I almost missed this

I'm very fine sir. Thanks

I remain loyal sir

Wanted having a special chat with over pressing issues

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Someone Made The List: 10 Most Corrupt Politicians In The World / Under No Circumstances Will I Pay Any Money Back To EFCC Or Govt – Fani-kayode / Sokoto Agod For Tambuwal. Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.