Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,036 members, 7,838,587 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

The Mighty Sacrifice - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mighty Sacrifice (539 Views)

Monsters Of The Holy Bible Part 1:the Mighty Unicorns / “the Mighty God”, The Lord Jesus Christ, The Only Saviour / The Mighty Vision Of The Golden Clock Of God Almighty In The Sky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mighty Sacrifice by AlBaqir(m): 7:47pm On Sep 23, 2013
IN His Name, The Most High

Many don't know or belittle the significance of sacrifice in Islam; yet many understood its spiritual importance.

Right from the time of Nabi Adam (a.s), sacrifice in one way or the other had been one of means in seeking nearness to God, showing gratitude and fulfilling ones promises.

It however took shape at the time of Nabi Ibrahim (a.s) when he finally had a son with Hajar in his old age. Qur'an says:

Surah as-Saffat (37), Verses 102 to 107

"And when (his son) was old enough to walk
with him, (Ibrahim) said: "O my dear son, I
have seen in a dream that I must sacrifice
thee. So look, what do you think ?" He
(Ismail) said: "O my father! Do that which thou art commanded. Allah willing, thou shalt find me of the steadfast."
Then, when they had both surrendered (to
Allah), and he (Ibrahim) had flung him (Ismail) down upon his face, We called unto him: "O Ibrahim! Thou hast already fulfilled the vision." Lo! thus do We reward the good. Lo! that verily was a clear test.
AND WE RANSOMED HIM WITH A MIGHTY SACRIFICE"

For Nabi Ibrahim to fulfill the promises he made with his Lord, of which the greatest was the planned sacrifice of Nabi Ismail, Allah made him and his offspring 'Imam' over mankind (Sura Baqara vs 124). And part of this reward is the immortalized continuous remembrance and celebration of E'idul Adh'a; and of course Hajj rites in which majority were established and practiced by Nabi Ibrahim (a.s).

However, when you ask majority of the muslims what does it mean by Allah in the holy Qur'an:

"...AND WE RANSOMED HIM (Ismail) WITH A MIGHTY SACRIFICE"?

Many Ulama and muslims never think twice before they jumped to the conclusion that it was refer to 'a Ram'.

On the other hand, many equally reason sensibly that it can never be Ram and questioned how is it possible to amount the replacement of Nabi Ismail(a.s) as a sacrificial lamb with a Ram and dubbed it "mighty sacrifice?"

Even an ordinary human being not to mention a great prophet is more worthy before Allah than a Ram. Only a man can replace another man and never an animal. And a worthy Man should he be indeed!

My question still remain: what's this mighty sacrifice that needed to be paused over a certain period of time but figuratively replaced by a Ram pending the time it will actually take place?

If we believe Allah sent Muhammad (saws) with guidance and the religion of truth to prevail over all 'deen' (ways of life, practices et al) (sura saff vs 9)!

If we believe Muhammad (saws) is the greatest and MIGHTIEST among all prophets because his mission was the last and heaviest that will last till the end of days!

Then is it not reasonable the 'Mighty sacrifice' was being delayed for him (saws) and his Ummah (community)?

If you don't agree I seek your indulgence to please for Allah's sake give a better or correct view.

Among the Ummah (community) of Muhammad (saws), the BEST were his households (a.s), the purified, who were the ONLY worthy personalities to represent Islam in a duel with Christianity that could lead to the extinction of either faith (see Sura al-Imran vs 59 -61 and its Tafsir).

Muhammad (saws), Ali, Fatima, al-Hassan and al-Hussain (a.s) were the ONLY five personalities that went to the above noted Qur'an confrontation.

NB: please read "Dead become Alive by the Grace of the holy Five" - collections of hadith on Ahl al-bayt by Abdurahman Jalaludeen as-Suyuti, a grand Imam of Ahlu sunnah, a Muffassir and Muhadith.

So long Nabi Ismail (a.s) was the son and of household of Nabi Ibrahim(a.s), these were the children and household of Nabi Muhammad (saws); and were the only worthy personalities to be the "MIGHTY SACRIFICE".

Among these holy FIVE, only Hussain (a.s) was left with this mission (of being the mighty sacrifice) and he did that in flying colors.

Imam Hussain together with 72 of his companions among the household of Muhammad (saws) and loyal followers were massacred and slaughtered at the plain of Kar'bala on the day of Ashura at the hand of Yazid Ibn Mu'awiyyah, a person whom Ibn kathir in his "al-bidaya wa Nihaya" said has no affiliation with Islam, a 'khalifa' who drinks alcohol publicly, who never prays but amused with playing with monkeys and music; and who is sexually free.

Their (72 bravest Islamic soldiers)crime was that they, led by Hussain wanted to revive a defiled Islam.

"When I realized Hussain stood for 'Amr bil Mahruf wa Nahy anil munkar' (enjoying what is good and forbiding what is bad), then I had no choice than to allow him to go to karbala with the rest of holy prophet's household while I knew they will be massacred" ~Abdullah Ibn Abbas (R), who was in his late 90s then.

"If Husain fought to quench his worldly desires, then I do not understand why his sisters, wives and children accompanied him. It stands to reason therefore that he sacrificed purely for Islam." ~Charles Dickens.

"My faith is that the progress of Islam does not depend on the use of sword by its believers, but the result of the supreme sacrifice of Husain, the great saint." ~Mahatma Gandhi.

It is shameful that many scholars have tried to belittle this bravery and valor of Imam Hussain (a.s) in order to save the cursed Yazid.

This is not an avenue to analyze the matyrdom of Imam Hussain; or what actually lead to it. Suffice it is to say why has the names of household of Muhammad been swept under the carpet and no importance has been attached to it; but that of their murderer being praised?

Is it not stand to reasoning that this blessed group whom the holy prophet dubbed "the Ark of salvation, the city of forgiveness, the door to the city of Muhammad's knowledge, second of the two weighty legacy of Muhammad after Qur'an that MUST be followed if we are to maintain the right path...", should be research into?

What do you know about Fatima other than being daughter of Muhammad? If her status was so high to the point of being "Sayyidatu Nisa-il alameen (leader of all women of the worlds) ~sahih Hadith"!

What do you know about Hassan and Hussain (leader of youth of paradise) other than being "once upon a time twins or kids (as it is being presumed)"?

No wonder why new edition of Abdullah Yusuf Ali English translation and commentary of the holy Qur'an has been edited and marred by Saudi authority where all commentaries that mentions the names of Ali, Fatima, Hassan and Hussain (with his sacrifice) has been expunged; only the old edition still has it.

Eid adh'a (Festive of sacrifice) is being celebrated yearly by every muslims, what about the 'mighty sacrifice' of Imam hussain (a.s), the son of Muhammad (saws) on the day of Ashura?

Some might say Muhammad only celebrate Eid adh'a and not 'matrydom of Hussain' thereby, we only follow him on what he does.

How can he mourn (celebrate) an event that took place after him for you to see? How many practices you've indulged yourselves into that he never ever practiced today?

Although Umm salama (R), one of his consort narrated she saw Muhammad (saws) in her dreams the night Hussain was killed, crying and greatly disturbed. This was a day when some scholars reported all the prophets of God (in Bar'zakh) came to accompanied the holy prophet (saws) to the field of Kar'bala and mourn his beloved son.
"Hussain is of me and I am of Hussain" ~holy prophet (saws)

Others might reasoned if the event is important, he (saws) should have foretold it to the generality of muslims during his time.
He (saws) did! This article will be stretched if I were to analyze that but suffice is one of many hadiths he says about them (ahl al-bayt):

"I leave behind you two weighty things so long you adhere to them you will never go astray: book of God and my household. Fear Allah as you treat them after me! Fear Allah as you treat them after me! Fear Allah as you treat them after me!" (Sahih Muslim).

Peace be upon Hussain and his loyal companions who fought for the stability of Islamic principles.

Wa salam Alaykum

Olawale Abdulwasi

(1) (Reply)

Disobedience: The Scotch Of Man's Original State (well-being). / Can Ones Sleeping Position Determine The Kind Of Dream You Will Have. / Living Your Life Without Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.