Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan (1098 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Updates From President Jonathan & ASUU Meeting / Message From ASUU President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan by ifeanyija(m): 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2013
From Goodluck Jonathan

Today, I had the honour of ringing the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange after I had heralded to global captains of industry Nigeria’s efforts in recent times that has made our nation a prime destination for foreign investment and one that ensures some of the highest Return on Investments (RoI) in the world. This is just the beginning of greater things to come for our country and our continent. The foundation of planning which we laid at the inception of our administration is being strengthened for greater service delivery for our people.

My attention has just been drawn to some modest but
positive steps in the education sector. In 2010, the pass
rates for our National Examinations Council (NECO) Senior School Certificate Examinations was 15.84%. To address the abysmal failure and general decay in education we convened an emergency education summit in 2010 to deliberate on why we had fallen so far back and how best can we move up? We took the report from that conference and began implementing some of the recommendations. The education sector had the highest sectoral allocation in the budget the following year and has remained among the topmost in allocation since then.

On Friday the 20th of September 2013, the results of our efforts began to manifest. This year, 69.57% of Nigerian students passed the 2013 Senior School Certificate Examinations. We cannot relent. While we continue to negotiate with ASUU so that never again will strikes be an impediment to the realization of our children's educational aspiration, it is important that we keep our eyes on the ball: a holistic turn around in our education.

As we make progress in every sector of our economy:
Transportation, Aviation, Agriculture, Power, Finance,
Energy Security and all others it is not celebration time until all our citizens can feel the progress in our
communities and our constituencies. We must pay greater attention to education. As I said on this page on April 10, 2012 when I commissioned the first of 400 Almajirinci Model Schools in Gagi, Sokoto state “a nation does not become wealthy by what it has under the ground rather the wealth of nations are today measured by what is between the ears of her citizens”. To the world I say, we have the most industrious humans on earth and we are ready for business. To fellow Nigerians, our collective work for change is not done. Lets us not be discouraged by
the attempt to drag us into partisan politics when the
urgent issue of the moment is governance.

GEJ

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=624881874228857&id=105479482835768&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5926928051175538913%3Amf_story_key.-8073324382920985566

www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck
Re: ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan by roli21: 12:09am On Sep 24, 2013
i
Re: ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan by wasak(m): 12:16am On Sep 24, 2013
classic crap
Re: ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 24, 2013
book brb.....make i attend meetin for river nija....its just 12:45
Re: ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan by gentlefada(m): 1:25am On Sep 24, 2013
As far as am concerned some one(special advicer) asks the president 'what should we write on facebook about ASUU', and he replied 'tell them we are negotiating with them'.
Re: ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan by premlove(m): 2:25am On Sep 24, 2013
So we are still negotiating, three months we are still negotiating eeh GEJ no problem come wait make i vote for you
Re: ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan by charleymed(m): 2:58am On Sep 24, 2013
Cheap propagandaCheap propagandaCheap propaganda
Re: ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan by kcy(m): 6:01am On Sep 24, 2013
my oga at the,u vomit something like dats all
Re: ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan by Cabsso(m): 6:11am On Sep 24, 2013
kcy: my oga at the,u vomit something like dats all

Re: ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan by Cabsso(m): 6:12am On Sep 24, 2013
[quote author=Cabsso][/quote]

Re: ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan by otokx(m): 6:28am On Sep 24, 2013
Boys are not smilling, by October 1st it will be 3 months at home for the majority of Nigerian undergraduates.
Re: ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan by Brimmie(m): 8:49am On Sep 24, 2013
[size=16]Retardeen.. Dazall!![/size]
Re: ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 24, 2013
Chai! Naija don enter 1 chance ooo..
Well i'll endure ur "fresh air" till 2015.
Re: ASUU Matter: Facebook Message From President Jonathan by Actor007: 11:24am On Sep 24, 2013
God Bless Me, God Bless Nigeria From Ur Boy GEJ. ASUU Strike Still On The Matter. cool

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland's University Of Port Harcourt Students' Chat Room / Common Phobias Experienced By People / OAU Admission Cut Off Mark For 2014/2015 Is Out (departmental)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.