Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Are You Scared Of Lions? See Woman Who Keeps An Adult LION As A Pet (PHOTOS) - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Are You Scared Of Lions? See Woman Who Keeps An Adult LION As A Pet (PHOTOS) (1625 Views)

Lol: See Woman Breastfeeding Her Baby While Driving A Motorbike (PHOTO) / Brazilian Woman Who Sold Virginity Was Scammed / Lions Being Fed At Uni Ibadan Zoo (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Scared Of Lions? See Woman Who Keeps An Adult LION As A Pet (PHOTOS) by iamOdino(m): 9:13am On Sep 24, 2013
South Africa's Annel, is now known for having an adult lion as a pet named Timba. Annel’s love for animals started six years ago when, with help from her mother and father, she opened a guest house – called Loebies Guestfarm – on the land where she lives.

In a bid to make the resort more appealing she decided to adopt various farm animals and this eventually turned into hand-rearing African cats and other wild animals after being approached by someone in the game industry in 2009.

Since then Annel has hand-reared dozens of animals including six Serval kittens, a cheetah cub, five lions, a white lion and a leopard. Annel admits she spoilt the first lions she cared for even more than Timba and would regularly go swimming with them.
She said: ‘Being the first lions reared on the farm, they ruled the house, the bed and the couches and would regularly join me for swims in the farm dam up until they were rather large.

‘For me, working with these animals was therapy and unbeknown to me at the time, the start of a whole new passion and path that my life was soon to take. ‘After all the necessary permit applications for the keeping and hand rearing of indigenous predators were approved by the Department of Nature Conservation, I got my first Serval kittens to raise.

‘This was quite a challenge but the first wild animals I cared for were my children and my life.‘After hand rearing six Servals and a Cheetah cub, I decided that I could no longer raise the cats, form a bond with them and then let them go and thus decided to apply to start keeping predators on a permanent basis.
http://www.egistonline.com/content/2013/09/24/are-you-scared-lions-see-woman-who-keeps-adult-lion-pet-her-house-photos

Re: Are You Scared Of Lions? See Woman Who Keeps An Adult LION As A Pet (PHOTOS) by stan4b(m): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2013
Its beautiful. Hope d bush meat won't hunt d hunter in future.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Finest Girl Democracy Nigeria 2013 Queen Vivian Makan Gets Ready / P-square & Iyanya Nominated For 2013 Soul Train Awards (photos + Details) / How I Got An Infection From A Top Nigerian Musician After Having S*xwith Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.