Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,390 members, 7,954,567 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:39 PM

Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers (9586 Views)

CCT Mistook Saraki’s Pensions For Salaries – Kwara Government / Checkout A Village Court In Uyo In 1949 Where Colonial Officers Preside(pic) / Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by Awoofawo(m): 9:53am On Sep 24, 2013
JONA don lose his mojo, who wan help am find am? >:=) .
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by natureem: 9:57am On Sep 24, 2013
udemzy_udex: Good job Gej
e be like say TNT dey tick 4 UR HEAD
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by Pukkah: 9:58am On Sep 24, 2013
jking001: What's the source of this article ?I don't think its reliable, where is the link to national mirror online page guess its missing ?we should not believe everything we read here some are just mere propaganda or sepeculation,mod please be careful ,because people are hungry for news doesn't mean they should be fed with garbage .

Why not search for it instead of casting aspersions on the link. If you had searched, you would have found this:

http://mobile.nationalmirroronline.net/read.php?index=5653

Now that you've got the National Mirror link, what's your comment?
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by PeeDaVinci: 10:01am On Sep 24, 2013
good job gej!!!
wondering if this action is a means of reciprocating the good gesture of the UK in paying us compensations for both the slave trade and colonial rule atrocities ? smh

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 24, 2013
Hilarious as f uck.
Meanwhile, ASUU is on strike and Nigerian students are at home instead of school.
You could have used that excess money to settle our lecturers so that lectures can resume.
Those bunch are old already and will die any moment now, so why offering them some money?
Our rubber, palm kernels, cotton, groundnuts they exported to the UK before Independence never do them ni?
Unemployment rate is alarming.
Millions of Nigerians are school drop outs.
Hunger is ravaging many Nigerians.
Erosion and flood are destroying our lands.
Our roads are detoriated.
And Nigerians are dying in the hands of ruthless extremists.
And all you could do with our money is to export it to old British whatever? I am pissed like never. Indeed, this could be the peak of cluelessness! I weep for Naija laaa! sad
Jona, if you can't disclose names of the Naira receivers and the amount they'll receive, it totally means that money is going straight to your oversea bank accounts.
Nothing else!
I still can't even figure out why the Americans aren't paying the Brits? Didn't the Brits colonize them eh?
Mtchew:

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by simplynola(m): 10:04am On Sep 24, 2013
He should also remember to pay all the past foreign Ambassadors and High Commissioners that have served in Nigeria. The Queen of England also played a vital role, she should be included
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by kenjudy(m): 10:06am On Sep 24, 2013
Abeg anybody wey fit squat me for london wey dey nairaland make him contact me. I don tire for dis country. I sense nkewa na obodo aa!
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by sylve11: 10:08am On Sep 24, 2013
When there r enof pensioners here who r not getting their pension. undecided cool
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by akinnux(m): 10:14am On Sep 24, 2013
If this news is true, then I am very sure someone, somewhere is cornering this money.
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by Slizbeat(m): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2013
This is the kind of things that makes me ashamed of being a Nigerian. What the f.uck is he trying to do?? Pay pensions to dead British white men that amalgamated this nation and protected their f.ucking interest during the Nigeria-biafra war , neglecting the lifes of innocent women and kids just so they can continue gaining from their most priced colony??

How the hell did dis gets into GEJ's mind?? Who advised him on this should be arrested and tried for felony or treason or whatever cos I smell a foul play here. They want to use this as an opportunity to siphon state fund to the U.K in the name of paying "dead" colonial masters so they(dead colonial masters) could bribe their way in whatever place aside the world to stardom or to build colonies or what!

F.ucking feed up man, some peeps just reason through their as.s and to think that such people were set as number 1 citizens. Damn.
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by AreaFada2: 10:17am On Sep 24, 2013
If that was the commitment made at Independence (assuming Britain have kept all their commitments too) and such cannot be legally changed, then that's fine.

But they need to look at this very carefully.

Too much money has grown wings in Naija over the years.
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by pcicero(m): 10:19am On Sep 24, 2013
Were they not employed under Her Majesty's service? Would these clowns have included Frederick Lugard if he were alive?
Britain just paid some compensations to the victims of Mau-Mau uprising in Kenya. Netherlands just made a formal apology to citizens of Indonesia which was its colony.
Why is Nigeria paying Britain when we should be asking for compensations for the Aba Women's riot and other human rights violations suffered during the colonial era?
I really smh for this government.
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by otokx(m): 10:20am On Sep 24, 2013
When you think you have seen it all then you see just a little more of the ingenuity of Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by AreaFada2: 10:23am On Sep 24, 2013
pcicero: Were they not employed under Her Majesty's service? Would these clowns have included Frederick Lugard if he were alive?
Britain just paid some compensations to the victims of Mau-Mau uprising in Kenya. Netherlands just made a formal apology to citizens of Indonesia which was its colony.
Why is Nigeria paying Britain when we should be asking for compensations for the Aba Women's riot and other human rights violations suffered during the colonial era?
I really smh for this government.

You know what, paying such money (assuming Naija is legally obliged to) might even give us the moral high ground to ask for our own back.

Aba women, Abeokuta women, Jaja of Opobo, Oba Ovonramen and the loot of Bini arts, etc.
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by olatiler(m): 10:41am On Sep 24, 2013
My reply might sound rude to this Otuoke shoeless fisherman so I ain't gonna say anything about this thread

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by ShineIt: 11:05am On Sep 24, 2013
olatiler: My reply might sound rude to this Otuoke shoeless fisherman so I ain't gonna say anything about this thread
[size=14pt]QUESTIONS FOR THE DUNCES[/size] (I mean the f.o.o.l.s heaping insults here)

1.Have any of you dunces check to see when this agreement came into force?
2.Have any of you dunces check to see if past presidents paid this pension?
3.Do the dunces know or care what happen's to bilateral agreements if we break this pact?
4.How many of you dunces can actually say they know what bilateral agreements mean?
5.How come non of you dunces could prove Nigeria is not oblidged to pay these pensions.

As they say, "Talk is cheap" but in naija talk is incredibly cheap.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by hikmoj(m): 11:16am On Sep 24, 2013
ezedolar: We dont need this type news now untile we finish murning those innocent people that were killed in kenya by this religion of devil and its followers
ur senses are beneath ur slippers
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by Awoofawo(m): 11:24am On Sep 24, 2013
Shine It:
[size=14pt]QUESTIONS FOR THE DUNCES[/size] (I mean the f.o.o.l.s heaping insults here)

3.Do the dunces know or care what happen's to bilateral agreements if we break this pact?
4.How many of you dunces can actually say they know what bilateral agreements mean?
5.How come non of you dunces could prove Nigeria is not oblidged to pay these pensions.

U CRAZ?!
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by ShineIt: 11:34am On Sep 24, 2013
Awoofawo: U CRAZ?!

Another member of (DCoN) Dunces Club of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 24, 2013
Nigeria will be 100yrs next year. And Amalgamation pact was for us to be united for 100yrs then decide if we are to continue, without paying those colonial masters we possibly dont expect them to be happy to appear next year to testify to our unionism, Sovereign National Conference is coming and the colonialists will witness our peacefull secession or unionism.

We must pay them.
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by Dagoma: 11:41am On Sep 24, 2013
udemzy_udex: Good job Gej

You MUST be a joker, may be you are also duuull like him.
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by hikmoj(m): 11:41am On Sep 24, 2013
So after conquerin,enslavin &usurping d next tin is 4 our undertaker president to pak our money go giv dem.we are now richer dan UK?is dis not d same money dat cause kata kata btw Asu/FG? who is his special adviser on foreign affair matters?are these so called special advisers contributin meaningfuly 2 d development of dis nation ?GOD PLS help us wipe these corrupt leaders away.
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by MrAboki: 11:42am On Sep 24, 2013
Shine It:

Nna men!!!!!

Some mother do have them...
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by free2ryhme: 11:57am On Sep 24, 2013
Have d govt paid those pensioneRs currently being owed? They aRe just creating avenue to steal money foR 2015 election
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by Stallion77(f): 12:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
Pukkah: Someone should please prove this news item to be untrue because it makes no sense at all.

Pray, why should Nigeria that's still struggling to provide basic infrastructure add the pension bill of some very old folks to its already humongous recurrent expenditure?

Why should Nigeria that is yet to properly cater for its pensioners strut offshore to pay pension to uninvited colonialists?

Why should Nigeria with a scary rate of youth employment be paying pensions to British citizens of 81 to 106 years old?

Why should Nigeria that has no well-articulated social benefit system in place for its citizens pay pension to citizens of Britain which has a robust social welfare package in place?

Why should Nigeria reward colonialists that were uninvited and worked in the interest of Britain?

Why should Nigeria add to the loot and plunder the colonialists went away with?

Why should we be reminded of colonialism in such a rude manner?

At this rate, even kidnappers, militants, Boko Haram terrorists, oil theft thieves, etc will soon be on pension.

Nobody will throw stones at a tree without fruits. As long as there are fruits on the tree, stones would be hauled at it. End of discussion.
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by siraj1402(m): 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
ezedolar: We dont need this type news now untile we finish murning those innocent people that were killed in kenya by this religion of devil and its followers
Definitely, u are stepping on ur brain. grin

Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by Pukkah: 12:17pm On Sep 24, 2013
Stallion77:

Nobody will throw stones at a tree without fruits. As long as there are fruits on the tree, stones would be hauled at it. End of discussion.

Please relate this to the topic at hand.

What sense does it make to pay pensions to British citizens who worked for the British especially when the citizens of the paying country are suffering at home and in Britain?

In any case, stoning a tree as a form of harvesting its fruits is primitive, backward and time-consuming. It's probably for village kids.
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by Pukkah: 12:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
Billyonaire: Nigeria will be 100yrs next year. And Amalgamation pact was for us to be united for 100yrs then decide if we are to continue, without paying those colonial masters we possibly dont expect them to be happy to appear next year to testify to our unionism, Sovereign National Conference is coming and the colonialists will witness our peacefull secession or unionism.

We must pay them.

Let's even assume that your 100-yr theory is true, you mean Nigeria must pay pension to those folks so that they can 'be happy with us'?

Billyonaire!!!
Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by Stallion77(f): 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2013
Pukkah:

Please relate this to the topic at hand.

What sense does it make to pay pensions to British citizens who worked for the British especially when the citizens of the paying country are suffering at home and in Britain?

In any case, stoning a tree as a form of harvesting its fruits is primitive, backward and time-consuming. It's probably for village kids.

News flash,I be ghetto kid. And since u are Aje-butter... You culd send ur orderly to go to maitama farmers market to get u fruits while u were growing up. That's by the way sha. My point is this: inasmuch as ur perceived side of the argument might be understandable, is there any thing that Jonathan would do that nobody will criticize? Am sure ur understanding of an analogy is weak so I forgive u.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by Pukkah: 12:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
Stallion77:

News flash,I be ghetto kid. And since u are Aje-butter... You culd send ur orderly to go to maitama farmers market to get u fruits while u were growing up. That's by the way sha. My point is this: inasmuch as ur perceived side of the argument might be understandable, is there any thing that Jonathan would do that nobody will criticize? Am sure ur understanding of an analogy is weak so I forgive u.

You're evading the issue.

I've not criticized all the actions of Jonathan.

But must you defend all his actions even when they are manifestly pointless?

What's your take on this pension to British colonialists issue?

Leave the tree and fruits out of it.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by Awoofawo(m): 12:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
Shine It:

Another member of (DCoN) Dunces Club of Nigeria.

YOUR DICK GO BEND AND NEVER STAND STRAIGHT LAILAI!!! ODE + MUMU, YAMHEAD YABA LEFT STO-AWAY >smiley angry undecided

Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by Katsumoto: 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2013
Shine It:

1. You do not know the meanings of bilateral relations and colonialism. You clearly seem to think Nigeria sent a letter of invitation to Britain to come and colonize it
2. If Nigeria, despite its wealth, is struggling with paying Nigerian citizens their pensions, then it shouldn't be concerned about some old farts who were employed by Britain to protect its interest in Nigeria.
3. Britain stole from Nigeria and Nigerian artworks are still in various museums in Britain; Nigeria should be demanding for the return of these artworks
4. Even assuming that past presidents paid these pensions, is GEJ entitled to carry on paying it? Isn't that why he was elected? If students are at home for months, pensioners are dying while queuing for their pensions, and infrastructure is creaking, then no sensible person should be worried about paying old farts in nursing homes in the UK
5. In these days when former colonialists are ashamed of their past actions, Britain and the queen would be thoroughly lambasted by the world press if word got out that colonized nations were still paying pensions of its former officers
6. If Bilateral agreements are in Nigeria's favour, then the Brits wouldn't care about pensions it could quite easily pay itself.
7. Paying those who enslaved you is the height of wickedness, stupidity, insensitivity, callousness, and wastage

You PDP goons need to stop defending everything that slowpoke you call your president does. Even Obama is criticized by his most loyal supporters.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari's Victory: A Proof God Does Not Exist. / Oloye Jumoke Akinjide Launches National Mandate Group For Atiku / Northern CAN To FG: Life Becoming A Living Hell For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.