Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

From An Average Londoner To A Below Average Lagosian - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / From An Average Londoner To A Below Average Lagosian (544 Views)

A Day In The Life Of A Lagosian By Musa Salami / Infographic Shows That The Average African Woman Bears 6 Children / Ebook: 197 Cash Pumping Opportunities For Average Nigerians. Yours Free. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

From An Average Londoner To A Below Average Lagosian by BelleofNaija: 10:40am On Sep 24, 2013
From an average Londoner to a below average Lagosian
How did that happen?

One minute I’m an average Londoner, fast forward a year later, I am a below average Lagosian. Granted I was getting a bit fed up of London, but I didn’t envisage Lagos would be an ass-kicking-judgmental-hub of a place.

Why you ask..do I feel this way?

Well for starters…I can confidentially get on a bus without as much as a second glance from anyone. After-all Boris Johnson does the whole London public transport thing. But here in Lagos…it’s a different matter.

Just a few weeks back…my 20 something cousin nearly had a heart-attack when I told her I’ve been using the bus to get to work in VGC. She asked me ‘WHY? WHY would you do that?’ with a very horrified expression on her perfectly made-up face.

The truth of the matter is that, up until July…I would not have even dreamed about getting on a Lagos bus. But now I’m kinda used to it…and always praying I get back in one piece..but secretly hoping that no-one from my working place sees me getting off or on. After all I don’t want to be judged that harshly again. However the realistic part of the it is that it was becoming very expensive to spend between 4,500 - 6,000 naira per day on getting to and fro work using cabs.

read more at - http://ijescorner.tumblr.com/post/61662817114/from-an-average-londoner-to-a-below-average-lagosian#disqus_thread

(1) (Reply)

Cloudy / The Biblical Toasting Of Snowprince / THE INVISIBILITY FORMULA - Osewa Oluwaseun Mentioned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.