Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! (1981 Views)

Division In Nigeria Army. / Frosbel As A Mod? God Forbid / Why Did God Forbid Sex Before Marriage If He Made It So Pleasant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by Emusan(m): 11:41am On Sep 24, 2013
I've gone through many posts on this forum before I inferred this statement.

Different argument in Christendom can be clearly seen on this forum which has limited the Gospel of our Lord Jesus.

*The Universe is thousands of years old....no no no you're wrong universe is billions of years old. Many scriptures Will be quoted by both parties.

*God created some certain people before Adam.....no no no I disagree with you God only created Adam.

*Jesus didn't preexist His birth....stop that Bro/Sis. Jesus pre-exist His birth.

*Jesus is God......Jesus isn't God

*Christian suppose not to be paying TITHE...
Very big lie Bro/Sis. We need to be paying TITHE

*Jesus is the archangel Michael.....pure delusion Jesus is not.

*Hell and Heaven is real....you're being deceived Hell and Heaven is not real

Note: both paties will be quoting Bible verse by verse.

What can I say? Afterall the scripture cannot be broken.

I descover that it's just a means by which devil is trying to prevent the Gospel of Christ being spread.

Bible is not a book of confussion but a book to edifying and build your spiritual soul.

It is high time we Wake up and do the commandments of our Lord Jesus.

I didn't say is a bad thing to know more about what you have known but let everything be done moderately. Don't thing you know or have insight more than the other person.

Let this mind always be in you; Bible is a Book that you can make it says what ever you want it to say.
But God has made His word known to us and declared them. Everybody want to prove my doctrine is true than yours, is there any division in Christ? God forbid!

Which ever way you view your own interpretation let it be done by glorifying God with it.

The foundation has been laid which is JESUS the SAVIOUR no other foundation can be laid than this but everyone should take heed how he/she built on it.

Let's preach the Gospel of Christ and let's stop promoting religion.

May the grace of our Lord Jesus, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy spirit be with you all.(Amen)

Shalom!
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by ammyluv2002(f): 11:44am On Sep 24, 2013
Ok, I don hear.....preach the gospel people!!!!!!!
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by RayMcBlue(m): 12:47pm On Sep 24, 2013
What's with this Shalom business nowadays, are you a Jew??
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by Emusan(m): 12:54pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ray McBlue: What's with this Shalom business nowadays, are you a Jew??

Lol...

Yes and no.
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by RayMcBlue(m): 12:59pm On Sep 24, 2013
Emusan:

Lol...

Yes and no.

Care to elaborate?
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:07pm On Sep 24, 2013
Ray McBlue: What's with this Shalom business nowadays, are you a Jew??

The guy is more than embarrassment to himself. He is a yoruba but can hardly speak it. Only enslaved soul will cherish foreign language, culture and belief over it own
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by italo: 1:39pm On Sep 24, 2013
Good message. But what will you advice that we Catholics do for unity among believers in Christ?
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by Emusan(m): 3:45pm On Sep 24, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

The guy is more than embarrassment to himself. He is a yoruba but can hardly speak it. Only enslaved soul will cherish foreign language, culture and belief over it own

Brother Foly ahahaha, I can speak Yoruba but to an extent. Why this nah....lol

Shalom!
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by Emusan(m): 3:53pm On Sep 24, 2013
italo: Good message. But what will you advice that we Catholics do for unity among believers in Christ?

What is bordering me is the gospel of CHRIST, be it Catholic, Deep life, Olorun shogo parish e.t.c

Let us continue in doing the work that have been committed into our hand. The Gospel of Christ.

Shalom!
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by frank317: 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2013
So which one is the gospel of christ since everybody claims his own version is the gospel of christ?

Do realize ur post is inconclusive. Are you advising people to adhere to ur own gospel of Christ? They are trying to tell u that their version is the gospel of christ yet u are saying they should follow the gospel of christ like their is not the gospel of christ.
What exactly do u want the different fractions in christiandom to do?
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by italo: 4:15pm On Sep 24, 2013
Emusan:

What is bordering me is the gospel of CHRIST, be it Catholic, Deep life, Olorun shogo parish e.t.c

Let us continue in doing the work that have been committed into our hand. The Gospel of Christ.

Shalom!

Yes. Yes. The problem is when I look at a unbeliever and pity him. I say to him: Jesus loves you and died to save you. Come with me to Church. Try to get baptized into the Church - God's family and go on to receive all the other sacraments while living your life the way God wants, as taught by the Church. That is what I know to be the gospel of Christ which was handed to the apostles and passed down to us.

Other people come and tell the person: dont mind him. They are idol worshippers. Dont follow him. Etc.

What then can I, as a Catholic do to encourage unity?
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by Enigma(m): 4:19pm On Sep 24, 2013
When an Anglican invites a person to church, the Roman Catholics will say: "Ah! the Anglicans are not even a "Church"; their worship place is only a shop. They don't have sacraments; their holy communion is not even holy communion; their priests and bishops are not real priests and bishops; their baptism is no baptism; they are even anathema because they don't accept the "authority" and "infallibility" of our 'pope'". wink

smiley
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by Emusan(m): 4:33pm On Sep 24, 2013
frank3.16:
So which one is the gospel of christ since everybody claims his own version is the gospel of christ?

Do realize ur post is inconclusive. Are you advising people to adhere to ur own gospel of Christ? They are trying to tell u that their version is the gospel of christ yet u are saying they should follow the gospel of christ like their is not the gospel of christ
The purpose of Christ on earth is to redeem everyone from death and gave us everlasting life through His stop which has nothing to do with all debate's topic in my Op.

Though we can still engage in such debate just to have more insight about the word of God but not the extent of neglecting the purpose in which the whole Bible structured.

What exactly do u want the different fractions in christiandom to do?

Preach the dead, resurrection anr the hope of life in Christ and how it's important to our reigning with Him.

Shalom!
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by italo: 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2013
Emusan:
The purpose of Christ on earth is to redeem everyone from death and gave us everlasting life through His stop which has nothing to do with all debate's topic in my Op.

Though we can still engage in such debate just to have more insight about the word of God but not the extent of neglecting the purpose in which the whole Bible structured.

Preach the dead, resurrection anr the hope of life in Christ and how it's important to our reigning with Him.

Shalom!

You sound like Pope Francis.
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by ARareGem(f): 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2013
I don't see any cord to hold on to that confirms we are one. What I constantly see are Christains earnestly pulling each other apart, especially on NL. Are Christains really one? We argue incessantly, denigrate, provoke and abuse each other. We act divided most times so much so that I wonder what our common goal is. We have no room for love anymore.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by Enigma(m): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2013
@ ARareGem

When you get a chance, please go through this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1229310/infallibility-christian-church-simple-approach

smiley
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by ARareGem(f): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2013
Do we know that there's a way to tell someone to jump off a cliff and they'll do it happily? Yes, there's a way. grin We can agree to disagree. We can tolerate each other. We don't have to pull each other apart. We give the devil upper hand when we do otherwise. Call black black when you see it that way, but add a genuine smile while stomping your feet and calling it black.
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by ARareGem(f): 5:18pm On Sep 24, 2013
Enigma: @ ARareGem

When you get a chance, please go through this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1229310/infallibility-christian-church-simple-approach

smiley

I will. smiley
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by italo: 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2013
Truth is, we who are called "Christians" are not one.

We dont have one faith. We dont teach one doctrine. We dont even agree on who Jesus is.
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by sylve11: 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
ARareGem: I don't see any cord to hold on to that confirms we are one. What I constantly see are Christains earnestly pulling each other apart, especially on NL. Are Christains really one? We argue incessantly, denigrate, provoke and abuse each other. We act divided most times so much so that I wonder what our common goal is. We have no room for love anymore.

lol. Even Christ Himself wud be wondering with the degree of hatred we have towards each other. The thing tire me pass u. cool
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by sylve11: 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2013
italo: Truth is, we who are called "Christians" are not one.

We dont have one faith. We dont teach one doctrine. We dont even agree on who Jesus is.

Why is it like that Mr. Italo? cry cool
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2013
italo:

Truth is, we who are called "Christians" are not one.

The question is: what would make us one?
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by italo: 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
sylve11:

Why is it like that Mr. Italo? cry cool

My candid opinion:

Because "Christians" have broken away from the Church that Jesus gave us which is the pillar and foundation of the truth. Simple!
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by Enigma(m): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

We have to accept the "authority" and "infallibility" of the Roman Catholic "pope"!

lipsrsealed
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by italo: 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

And the answer is...?
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by Enigma(m): 5:37pm On Sep 24, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Let me answer it in the same way but slightly differently. smiley

We have to agree that:

Roman Catholic Church

“We declare, state, define and pronounce that it is altogether necessary to salvation for every human creature to be subject to the Roman pontiff. (‘Pope’ Boniface VIII, Unam Sanctam; statement made ex cathedra, thus ‘infallibly’!)

Except that as Christians we have to choose what Jesus Christ said instead. smiley

Jesus Christ

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6)

cool
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2013
italo:

And the answer is...?

...In the summation of this excerpt:

"In the early 1500s, a German monk named Martin Luther was so conscious of his sins that he spent up to six hours in the confessional. Through study of the Scriptures he found that salvation didn't come through anything he did, but simply through trusting in the finished work of the cross of Jesus Christ. He listed the contradictions between what the Scriptures said and what his church taught, and nailed his "95 Thesis" to the church door in Wittenberg, Germany.

Martin Luther became the first to "protest" against the Roman church, and thus he became the father of the Protestant church. Since that split, there have been many disagreements about how much water one should baptise with, how to sing what and why, who should govern who, etc, causing thousands of splinter groups. Many of these groups are convinced that they alone are right. These have become known as Protestant "denominations." Despite the confusion, these churches subscribe to certain foundational beliefs such as the deity, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Bible says, "The foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are his (2 Timothy 2:19)
"

Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by italo: 5:45pm On Sep 24, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

...In the summation of this excerpt:

Are you saying all Christians are one or all Protestants are one or all non-Catholic Christians are one?..let me get you clear.
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:06pm On Sep 24, 2013
italo:

Are you saying all Christians are one or all Protestants are one or all non-Catholic Christians are one?..let me get you clear.

We have to see with the eyes of eternity. God doesn't see any of the splinter groups in heaven, He knows no distinctions. He only sees members of His Church, and it's not the Roman Catholic Church.

"Thomas Jefferson once wrote of a preacher, Richard Mote, "who "exclaimed aloud to his congregaton that he did not believe there was a Quaker, Presbyterian, Methodist or Baptist in heaven, having paused to give his hearers time to stare and to wonder. He added that, in heaven, God knew no distinctions"
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by italo: 3:03am On Sep 25, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

We have to see with the eyes of eternity. God doesn't see any of the splinter groups in heaven, He knows no distinctions. He only sees members of His Church, and it's not the Roman Catholic Church.

"Thomas Jefferson once wrote of a preacher, Richard Mote, "who "exclaimed aloud to his congregaton that he did not believe there was a Quaker, Presbyterian, Methodist or Baptist in heaven, having paused to give his hearers time to stare and to wonder. He added that, in heaven, God knew no distinctions"

Jesus wants us to be one on earth. Is he not seeing with eyes of eternity?

Most of your post isnt relevant to my question which is:

Are we ONE as Jesus wants or are we DIVIDED as he doesnt want?
Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:34am On Sep 25, 2013
italo:

Jesus wants us to be one on earth. Is he not seeing with eyes of eternity?

Most of your post isnt relevant to my question which is:

Are we ONE as Jesus wants or are we DIVIDED as he doesnt want?

It depends on what you mean as "we". Our Lord Jesus Christ prayed for the unity of His body and not for uniformity or unionism of sinners. Are you washed in the blood of the lamb, are you born again?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Division In Christ? God Forbid! by woky: 6:02am On Sep 25, 2013
Enigma: When an Anglican invites a person to church, the Roman Catholics will say: "Ah! the Anglicans are not even a "Church"; their worship place is only a shop. They don't have sacraments; their holy communion is not even holy communion; their priests and bishops are not real priests and bishops; their baptism is no baptism; they are even anathema because they don't accept the "authority" and "infallibility" of our 'pope'". wink

smiley
meaning.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Think Eternity / MUSLIMS!!! I Need An Explanation!! / What Does It Really Mean To Be Born Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.