Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) (35132 Views)

The Typical Nigerian Attitude To Foreign Goods And The Dollar Slide. / A Typical Day At Ladipo Market / 5 Characteristics Of A Typical Igbo Business Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by Gudintent: 5:43am On Sep 25, 2013
pak: Why the focus on the condoms in the first picture ?

Ohun ti o n dun eni, ni po ni oro eni.

My translation;

He only had eyes on the condom, that was the reason he was in the shop in the first instance wink

@op so colourful.
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by kingk(m): 5:52am On Sep 25, 2013
3ace: Imagine someone coming into this kind of market where people are peacefully going about their normal businesses and just pulls off his jacket, says allau akbar or whatever and presses the button. I hail baba God for his mercy, patience and kindness.
Chai! Bia you are a suspect, how can you imagine that? Ehmmm Op pls call JTF this person must be searched thoroughly grin
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by lolexzy: 7:56am On Sep 25, 2013
Why CONDOMS con plenty for that first pic ?
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by Burger01(m): 8:17am On Sep 25, 2013
adeaugustus: Dirty! Unkempt! Irritating! Contagious! Infectious! Hazardous!

.. Obnoxious! 'Cancerous'! Disgusting! 'Headachious'!!

Phew!

angry
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by Godson201333(m): 8:37am On Sep 25, 2013
So its true they like punnnani for North.. see as condom full your shop...and sharia law allow you to be selling condom?
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by deetoks: 9:01am On Sep 25, 2013
I just discovered this site mile12market.com. they sell products like Mile12 market has anyone bought from them or heard of them ?

1 Like

Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by nursemyke: 9:31am On Sep 25, 2013
Capableben: I just decided to share this with u my fellow nairalanders especially those of you in urban centers who have never seen a typical rural area. i took these photos myself in a village called sunkani. Thats their market on its busiest day. The place is in taraba state. HAPPY VIEWING
OP thank you for making my day with these pics, I was once there, I serverd between 2006 and 2007, that is Oga John shop, he is a good friend. My regard to him. I stayed at the chairmans quarters and worked at the town clinic behind the secretariat. Hmmmmm Sunkani, how is the corpers lodge? Have you been to Ardo Kola, Garba Shede, Sibre, Iware, Mutum Biu all these has very interesting market even Kasuwa n Ladi on your way to Bali. Cheerssssssssss
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by Beaf1: 9:35am On Sep 25, 2013
^
Are you a nurse? I like nurses cheesy

Only lady nurse o

1 Like

Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by obasi1(m): 10:12am On Sep 25, 2013
Why on the first picture,there was so so much condom.its absord

1 Like

Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by delishpot: 10:31am On Sep 25, 2013
where is the market naa? I thought you were going to show something relating to the arts, craft and culture of the people. That so called market on a busy day is seen everywhere na.
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by Silensa(m): 10:35am On Sep 25, 2013
when condom and its likes becomes common even on nairaland then know that 'ETT' is near

1 Like

Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by topas100(m): 11:07am On Sep 25, 2013
A good place to be
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by Larrygr8t: 11:19am On Sep 25, 2013
Na the market I dey grow up.....so waiting ?
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by sleazy5(m): 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2013
@poster... for your mind now... this is what you call a typical busy market in Nigeria.... unfortunately, this cannot even be compared as busy to some of the markets we have down south, east and west of Nigeria.

By the way... why is your first picture upload filled with gold circles....or are you advertising your shop grin
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by KDULAR: 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
That obviouslyt is not a pharmnacy but a patent medicine store masquerading as a pharmacy obviously being ran by a quack, encouraged by the system that would not care about maintaining minimum standards and a populace that will be quick to shout ethnic cleansing coupled with giving lame excuse that closing and or regulating that business will deny the livelihood of the common man "

Ziggyzito: That pharmacy has just condoms filled in it. grin
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by bizngr(f): 5:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
Hey guys! Did you watch Man of Steel? Here are five lessons every entrepreneur should learn from the movie.
http://www.bizngr.com/management-tips/7-entrepreneurship-lessons-man-steel/
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by infodollarman(m): 10:24am On Sep 26, 2013
[quote author=ichommy]Sunkanmi or wetin, Nah North abi? See Market o.[/quote
yea! real village setting. but the first two pix... i doubt..
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by iogbonnaya(m): 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
E be like sey ppl wey live around dat patent medical store dey Bleep too much....I pity d young gals dat live around dr...most of dem their t*t* go don sag... ;DE be like sey ppl wey live around dat patent medical store dey Bleep too much....I pity d young gals dat live around dr...most of dem their t*t* go don sag...
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by MikkeyJ: 11:07pm On Dec 20, 2014
Dirty! Unkempt! Irritating! Contagious! Infectious! Hazardous!

One more word but for you this time. Idiota!
Re: A Typical Market Day In A Nigerian Village(photos) by Originalsly: 5:22am On Dec 21, 2014
Capableben:
WAIT!!!!!! DID I JUST LIKE, AS IN, SERIOUSLY ,I MEAN, DID I JUST LIKE MAKE FRONTPAGE WOW AM SO HAPPY. THIS IS MY FIRST POST OUT OF ABOUT 30 TO MAKE FP. AM SO GLAD. *rushes to parlour to get wine*
You talk like a little White girl......straighten up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inoson Oil & Gas Ltd Discovers 8trillion Cubic Feet (TCF) Gas In Sierra Leone / CBN To Launch E-Naira Soon, Drafts Guidelines / Billionaire Businesswoman, Bola Shagaya Is 60, Shares Lovely Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.