Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week (28493 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike / Nigeria: ASUU Strike Ends Next Week - Prof. Ruqqayatu Rufai (education Minister) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Nobody: 7:09pm On Sep 25, 2013
Watch Out 4 d Movie Title NASU Strike featuring Tonto Dikeh as Non-Tutorial Staff: librarian
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 25, 2013
Can we all, 'Great Nigerian Students' embark on our own indefinite strike? I think this can also make the public know and understand we matter in the society. Great Nigerian Students, we are starting our own strike with effect 1st October, 2013. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by chymystique(f): 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
adisa204: that scary movie!!!!

Very very Scary! I ope to slp well tonite
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Mannylex(m): 7:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
Nigeria is a messed up country.
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
Maybe the FG wants to use the salary meant for NASU to pay ASUU. HMmmm... sad
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by timoney(m): 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]GEJ is never going to be my president come 2015!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by DGREATBISHOP: 8:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]STRIKE NA PART OF THE SKUL SYSTEM 4 NIG.
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by bhidex007: 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2013
I am frustrated ,ve been in skul since 2008 yet I haven't graduated,even my parents having stopped sending me money coz i've stayed 2 long
Yet the end is not yet in sight.FG why all dis?. Infact am up for enrollment by any millitant group.or what wil an idle man do?

1 Like

Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by agehero13(f): 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2013
I dont know why i find it hard to read any news that relates to ASUU
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by MiMilicious1(f): 9:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
georjay:

see dis mumu boy sha,,,,u no knw say na NASU STRIKE worse pass..coz every where will be closed...lecture rooms will be locked even school gate...

they no go open lecture room...they no go open hostel...they no go open library ...infact the school gate will be locked...so even if ASUU call off nd they r still on strike ...i wonder hw u will receive lecture...EM U EM U
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Nonywendy(m): 9:57pm On Sep 25, 2013
Banks shld pls join d strike, i need to rest
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by cloves(m): 10:03pm On Sep 25, 2013
JUST IN: GHANAIAN ACTRESS YVONNE NELSON GETS LIMB AMPUTATED!

EXCLUSIVE ONLY ON trendperch..com
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by McLuhan(m): 10:52pm On Sep 25, 2013
Nigerians are the only people who feel that their government does not owe them anything. So when government pays the legitimate salaries of public workers, the workers rejoice as if they have won the lottery or as if some benefactor has handed them a largesse. No matter how badly their elected officials perform, no matter how wretched their daily lives become, no matter how bleak their nation's prospects are, Nigerians do not believe they can demand, much less effect, a change. They feel it is their lot to suffer and to eke out a precarious and tortuous existence in a land that is otherwise quite affluent. If anything needs to be done, God will do it, they believe. For that reason, they spend their days and nights importuning God in churches, mosques, and prayer houses, asking for miracles. They forget that God will never do for you what you can do for yourself. They criticise those who engage in public dissent, who demand their rights, who embark on strikes to press home their demands.

Nigerians are ready to cope with a failed state rather than risk not having a state at all. They forget that a state that does not safeguard the welfare of its citizenry is not a state at all, for the primary purpose of any sovereign state is to secure the wellbeing of its people. Nigerians will tell you that they know that the Federal Government signed an agreement with ASUU. However, they will also tell you that the government cannot be directly asked to acknowledge, much less implement, such an agreement. All that the affected lecturers can do is to fast and pray that government should condescend to even listen to their request. If the lecturers want their allowances paid or need better education for their children, they should "wait for their turn", or vie for elective public posts, after which they will be able to amass sufficient wealth to send their children to universities abroad.

All in all, Nigeria is perhaps the most pathetic country on earth, a country where the citizens expect nothing and get nothing from their government. O, sorry, they actually get something: they get sufficient misery to last them a lifetime.

3 Likes

Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Demallcrazy(m): 11:11pm On Sep 25, 2013
cloves: JUST IN: GHANAIAN ACTRESS YVONNE NELSON GETS LIMB AMPUTATED!

EXCLUSIVE ONLY ON trendperch..com
CRASE-Unlimited, final version grin

1 Like

Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Texykool: 11:34pm On Sep 25, 2013
NASU strike is usually messier than ASUU strike. Back then in my school, NASU staffers will block the school gate with tankers/trucks, chase students outta hostels and 'lock' the school gates with 'jazz' (charms) - touch it at your own risk. FG don't wanna be messing with this guys.

Honestly, if NASU eventually goes on strike, then their case must surely be settled before that of ASUU. Those guys hold the keys to the school.
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Texykool: 11:42pm On Sep 25, 2013
Wetin gan

Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by delors(m): 12:03am On Sep 26, 2013
...na wah o. When will students too strike self? Make everybody kukuma strike make case for close. Bunch of dumb opportunists!
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by josephayo: 12:53am On Sep 26, 2013
See even crayfish the call him self fish! If una lyk make NUSS (Nigeria university skool security ) join the strike e knw be my business, abi them too never get associationa!
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Royvic(m): 6:05am On Sep 26, 2013
NASUU TO PATNER ASUU............... WOW! GREAT MATCH DER ARE FOR EACH ODA. PLS PEPS, DOWNLOAD ASUU APPS ON UR I- PHONES, ERY facinating indeed....
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by jap132: 6:33am On Sep 26, 2013
thnk God we 've sm private universities ;Dthnk God we 've sm private universities
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Dchiefpriest(m): 6:41am On Sep 26, 2013
ennon92: If they like they can embark on a 10year strike dats their problem....my main concern is 4 ASUU to call off.
dnt talk lyk dat NASU nd ASUU works in paripasu, so we both of dem.
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by samtos007: 7:27am On Sep 26, 2013
chymystique: Looll... NASU wants to join d ASUU strike too..that's Great. Lemme continue ma movie. "The Conjuring" cool
Horror thingz!
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by castrokins(m): 7:32am On Sep 26, 2013
Of Course We'd Embark On Strike. I'm A NASU Member (Unical) And We've Not Been Paid. And On The ASUU Imbroglio, A Staff (ASUU) Member Said Unical Had Received N3Billion Part Of Funds Released By The Feds Based On Unical's NEEDS Assessment. He Went On To Say That ASUU Is Bent On Dragging Down The Government To Make 100% Commitment Or At Least Drag On To Deceive Nigerians They Were Not In For The Money. In A Democracy, You Expect People To Shift Grounds For Progress While Sustaining Dialogue. I Have Seen Many ASUU Members Who Are Against The Ongoing Strike Action. When We Blame The Feds For Corruptions, We'd Also Understand The University Leadership Isn't Accountable To Nobody.
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by omegafeetal(m): 7:34am On Sep 26, 2013
Azboy34: ETT - End Time Things. Ori Fg ti buru o..LOBATAN!
LOLz......... grin grin grin
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Mistatee(m): 7:40am On Sep 26, 2013
Wel, evrytin wrks togeda 4 gud....Wel, evrytin wrks togeda 4 gud....Wel, evrytin wrks togeda 4 gud....
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by bong4(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2013
georjay:

see dis mumu boy sha,,,,u no knw say na NASU STRIKE worse pass..coz every where will be closed...lecture rooms will be locked even school gate...

they no go open lecture room...they no go open hostel...they no go open library ...infact the school gate will be locked...so even if ASUU call off nd they r still on strike ...i wonder hw u will receive lecture...EM U EM U

As on point as your observation is, you don't have to call him names in order to comment. Pls apologise.
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Chiigirl: 7:52am On Sep 26, 2013
ennon92: If they like they can embark on a 10year strike dats their problem....my main concern is 4 ASUU to call off.
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by pseudonomer: 7:58am On Sep 26, 2013

How will ASUU operate without NASU... Are you ɑ fresher?
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Chiigirl: 8:00am On Sep 26, 2013
You are funny cos u don't know that NASU has it own role in universities,no NASU no ASUU.
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Raphtop(m): 8:10am On Sep 26, 2013
you think ASUU can run the system without NASUU?
Re: NASU Will Join ASUU Strike Next Week by Dgaffer(m): 8:37am On Sep 26, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Am jst tierd of al this strike here and there......please they should jst call it off cos thats what we Nigerian Students wants to here and nothing else....
Wel;mak i stil dey do my own bussiness smal smal cos nobi wetin one read they want mak him practice 4real

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done / Ezinne Okeke Gets Yam, Beans And Pawpaw As Best Creative Advert Student Of COOU / ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.