Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done (28496 Views)

Snake: JAMB Registrar, Oloyede Blasts Nigerians For Joking Over Missing N36m / JAMB 2017: Oloyede Made Everyone Look Brilliant / Ishaq Oloyede Resumes As JAMB Registrar; See How He Was Received (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by lafex: 7:01am On Aug 02, 2016
I have no doubt that appointment of Prof. Oloyode is the best man that can handle JAMB at the moment.
This is a man wgo brought sanity to University of Ilorin during his tenure as VC. He's very descipline and don't tolerate nonsense. During his tenure as VCboth the teaching and non teaching staffs did their work excelently. Unilorin became the first university to write CBT during his time. Unilorin had the fastest academic program without strike. He opted out of ASUU without looking back and even did not fall. Above all unilorin became the best university and the most chosing university among the jambite then in Nigeria during his tenure. Though am not a unilorite but I always eny them then.
I believe that he will be able to reform JAMB and Nigeria's education system as a whole just like he did in Unilorin.

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by EVarn(m): 7:14am On Aug 02, 2016
Indeed,i'm a student of unilorin and I can attest to oloyede's vigorous cleansing of UIL's academic and moral structure.
He is a strict religious adherent though.

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by kettykin: 7:20am On Aug 02, 2016
If you like make Awolowo the minister of Education, it will never reverse the gains of the South-East in academic excellence neither will it give other regions undue advantage over east and niger delta.

Few minutes after the appointment was leaked, the jamb admission sent to universities were withdrawn with no explanation and reasonable excuse.

13 Likes

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by sinkhole: 7:22am On Aug 02, 2016
I hope "emirate" mentallity will not be brought to JAMB sha?
The Christian employees of JAMB should gird their loins and the general staff of JAMB should know that they have no right again!
If you are looking for job in JAMB now and you are a Christian, I think you should just wait till Oloyede leaves that place!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by mamaafrik(m): 7:23am On Aug 02, 2016
This dibu of a man was just playing PES 2015 with pesin destiny.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by nrexzy: 7:43am On Aug 02, 2016
CHANGE!!

1 Like

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by 8BitGee(m): 8:22am On Aug 02, 2016
I know he was Secretary-General of supreme council for Islamic affairs. A post I think he managed largely well.

Except for that time when Jonathan and Oritsejafor were hell-bent on dividing Nigeria across religious lines for political gain. Much of the bickering then would have been avoided IMO. Then the annual moon sighting wahala.

I wish him all the best. Professor Olaiya Balogun (former VC UNAAB) would have done a great job too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by bolaji73(m): 8:24am On Aug 02, 2016
kettykin:
If you like make Awolowo the minister of Education, it will never reverse the gains of the South-East in academic excellence neither will it give other regions undue advantage over east and niger delta.

Few minutes after the appointment was leaked, the jamb admission sent to universities were withdrawn with no explanation and reasonable excuse.
Chai! See mentality. Some people's brain and logic are just like oil and water. They would never mix.

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by bolaji73(m): 8:26am On Aug 02, 2016
sinkhole:
The Christian employees of JAMB should gird their loins and the general staff of JAMB should know that they have no right again!
If you are looking for job in JAMB now and you are a Christian, I think you should just wait till Oloyede leaves that place!
just as he sacked all the Christian lecturers in unilorin abi?

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 02, 2016
8BitGee:
I know he was Secretary-General of supreme council for Islamic affairs. A post I think he managed largely well.

Except for that time when Jonathan and Oritsejafor were hell-bent on dividing Nigeria across religious lines for political gain. Much of the bickering then would have been avoided IMO. Then the annual moon sighting wahala.

I wish him all the best. Professor Olaiya Balogun (former VC UNAAB) would have done a great job too.

Jonathan & Oritsejafor dividing Nigeria along religious lines? shocked

Jonathan is hated in the south south because he didn't have 97/5% mentality.

What divides a country more than implementing two different legal systems across different regions? Sharia in the north?

What divides a country more where muslims go to court not to protest quality in education or any real iaauebwith real impact but to enforce dress codes in places where uniformity is the standard worldwide?

What divides a country more when Muslims blow up several churches on sunday mornings till churches were closing down... no Muslim organisation condemns them until they started attacking mosques?

Your problem with Pa Ayo was that he was the first vocal CAN president. You like Christians when they are quiet and act like it is ok to slaughter christians ... Just like Pa Adeboye is doing now but when they speak up against evil, they become divisive

If you need a reminder about the atrocities muslims have been commiting in Nigeria, I can help you this morning.

1. Do you remember at that the supreme muslim council in Nigeria put a death fatwa on a 25 year girl for simply writing mohammeds name in a newspaper article? Do you know how many people were killed, churches burnt and millions lost because of that?

2. The current sultan of sokoto has been defending Muslim fulani marauders who have killed thousands of people since last year. Ayo or jonathan never defended any organisation that is known for killing. Yet they are divisive.

3. All of the world the Muslims commit atrocities and the same muslims expect to be tolerated?

4. You want me to keep blaming jonathan for everything when Nigeria as a country has been ruled by more of your muslim brothers whose primary aim has been to frustrate christians out of government and civil service.

Think again. Before you say rubbish and call names on posts. Know that because people generally tend to avoid arguments. It doesn't mean they don't know you are evil. They just don't care enough to let your evil distract them. It goes beyond NL. People are wary of Muslims who take their religion serious because it is a thin line from there to terrorism

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 02, 2016
Isn't that the same guy who had the moon sighting saga?

2 Likes

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by sinkhole: 8:57am On Aug 02, 2016
bolaji73:
just as he sacked all the Christian lecturers in unilorin abi?
If you have a relative who is a Christian and an academic staff of UNILORIN during Oloyede's erra, I think you should ask for the antecedent of Oloyede from such! Mind you, I'm not talking about sacking (he may not really have the power to do that without any serious reasons) but Im talking about freedom, promotions, benefits and recruitment of new employee

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 02, 2016
sinkhole:
If you have a relative who is a Christian and an academic staff of UNILORIN during Oloyede's erra, I think you should ask for the antecedent of Oloyede from such! Mind you, I'm not talking about sacking (he may not really have the power to do that without any serious reasons) but Im talking about freedom, promotions, benefits and recruitment of new employee

Unilorin became a sharia compliant school under him.

He was good with the administration no doubt but the school basically became a islamic state. All a girl needed to do to get in many teachers good graces was to wear hijab. Hijabi girls became a special sect that got special favors from osama bin ladin looking lecturers. I know how many times my friend complained

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by bussicutie(f): 9:15am On Aug 02, 2016
sinkhole:
people like you are the major problem we have in this country,, must everything be based on religion or ethnic groups What makes you think a Christian can't gain employment under oloyede?? Not everyone has a shallow way of reasoning, we should be vying for progress whether it comes from a Christian, Muslim, yoruba, ibo, or hausa person... Sometimes, u should reason deeply before typing

20 Likes

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by cutesimplycalm(f): 9:16am On Aug 02, 2016
Yes o! He was my former vc nd he performed so well during his tenure in unilorin better by far

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 02, 2016
Very true. I know just how much he did for my alma mater.

1 Like

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by ChappyChase: 9:17am On Aug 02, 2016
kettykin:

For once be sincere...

3 Likes

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 02, 2016
grin

I do hope the allegation I heard against his administration ain't true. During his tenure I read of various complains about the nepotism shown by unilorin management towards admission seekers.

I know clearly unilorin was a federal school, but I was totally confused when the admission look like a process to favour northerners and Muslims. These were just allegations though, but I do hope they are not true, but if they are, I pray he's a repentant extremist.

please do not forget to check my signature.

10 Likes

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by Feranchek(m): 9:18am On Aug 02, 2016
Cool

1 Like

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by Stegomiah: 9:19am On Aug 02, 2016
You didn't add that he favours one religion over another

You didn't add how he wanted to make unilorin a Muslim school

He may be good, but yet he's a religious bigot

25 Likes

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by jamoleewhorf: 9:19am On Aug 02, 2016
Former President, ASSOCIATION OF AFRICAN UNIVERSITIES
Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by jammani(m): 9:19am On Aug 02, 2016
Deputy VC, Unilorin..... Obasanjo
VC,Unilorin ..........Yaradua
Secretary SCFIA......Jonathan
CONFAB deligate.........Jonathan
JAMB boss..........Buhari

Once you are good, you dont need to join politics to be embraced by govt of the day

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by timilehing(m): 9:20am On Aug 02, 2016
This man will flush out JAMB system. His introduction of CBT in Ilorin still rocks today.

1 Like

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by sCun: 9:20am On Aug 02, 2016
The OP is a Muslim as suspected.

6 Likes

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by RealJaneDoe: 9:20am On Aug 02, 2016
Hmm
Dear Mr. OP
Don't start praising him yet let him work first biko. There was a time that me and fifteen million Nigerians thought that buhari will be a saviour and look at us now.
#actionspeakslouderthanwords

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 02, 2016
Result will tell....
Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by sCun: 9:21am On Aug 02, 2016
Stegomiah:
You didn't add that he favours one religion over another

You didn't add how he wanted to make unilorin a Muslim school

He may be good, but yet he's a religious bigot
The OP himself is a Muslim what did you expect?

12 Likes

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by xender(m): 9:21am On Aug 02, 2016
best man for the job How Let him work first now ... nor be so ona shout buhari the Savior undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by Emmyval: 9:21am On Aug 02, 2016
All these testimonies about this man remind me of Prof Ilochi Okafor- former Nnamdi Azikiwe (Unizik) VC. He did a great job in the school and also wasn't member of ASUU. Kudos to the Man.

6 Likes

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by adbokus(m): 9:22am On Aug 02, 2016
lafex:
I have no doubt that appointment of Prof. Oloyode is the best man that can handle JAMB at the moment.
This is a man wgo brought sanity to University of Ilorin during his tenure as VC. He's very descipline and don't tolerate nonsense. During his tenure as VCboth the teaching and non teaching staffs did their work excelently. Unilorin became the first university to write CBT during his time. Unilorin had the fastest academic program without strike. He opted out of ASUU without looking back and even did not fall. Above all unilorin became the best university and the most chosing university among the jambite then in Nigeria during his tenure. Though am not a unilorite but I always eny them then.
I believe that he will be able to reform JAMB and Nigeria's education system as a whole just like he did in Unilorin.
When I saw the heading thought you wanted to write an objective and a balanced article. This is merely the explosion of an apologetic and a shallow-thinking fellow!...

5 Likes

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by sinkhole: 9:23am On Aug 02, 2016
Suprnov3r:

Unilorin became a sharia compliant school under him.

He was good with the administration no doubt but the school basically became a islamic state. All a girl needed to do to get in many teachers good graces was to wear hijab. Hijabi girls became a special sect that got special favors from osama bin ladin looking lecturers. I know how many times my friend complained
Oloyede is an autocrat and a religious extremist, he suppressed ASUU and hence managed the University's allocations as he deemed fit without any challenge. He short paid his staff and nobody could mutter a word! The difference between salaries of staff in UNILORIN and other Federal Universities where ASUU is existing is there to attest, even till today!

11 Likes

Re: Oloyede's Appointment Is The Best Appointment Buhari Has Done by sCun: 9:24am On Aug 02, 2016
bussicutie:
people like you are the major problem we have in this country,, must everything be based on religion or ethnic groups What makes you think a Christian can't gain employment under oloyede?? Not everyone has a shallow way of reasoning, we should be vying for progress whether it comes from a Christian, Muslim, yoruba, ibo, or hausa person... Sometimes, u should reason deeply before typing
He wrote based on the antecedents of Oloyede

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Sisters Graduate As Medical Doctors (Photos) / WAEC Timetable 2020/2021 – Check Updated Timetable / ASUU Strike: Union Confirms NEC Meeting Did Not Hold On Saturday, Nov 16 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.