Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! (16273 Views)

Nigeria’s Millionaire Class Increases / Banks Lending To Agric Sector Increases By 300% In 4 Years- CBN / Ekiti State Igr Increases By 600 Percent, Now 600 Million Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
shymexx: Lmao.

Why 28% and not 280%? grin

Comedians! undecided
lmaoo I swear these people are freaking clowns. Gullible to the core. They need to provide electricity and cable for them so they can have a constant view of the outside world and be ble to easily decipher when they are being decieved.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by ba7man(m): 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
I know a that bought Keke-Marwa and he rode it himself. The last time i saw him, he had bought a cab. He says he plans on saving and buying another one soon.

I entered those 3 wheeled vehicles in surulere and while discussing with my engineer about the project we were working on, the driver introduced himself and told us he also makes window blinds. He gave us his card before we alighted.

Those are the kind of people that are improving the economy........Do some people think Nigerians are still waiting for one G.E.J to supply them Cassava bread to sell or N10,000 from "YOU WIN??

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
Are they Nigerians?
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Mylove55(f): 4:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pastor Kun:

And based on what research did you do to arrive at your conclusion that most people go bed hungry and spend 50% of their salaries on fuel? It sound like an ignorant man's research/ rantings to me.
don't go there,i can show u millions of hungary pple around me,even me,i sleep without food,because no job.things were better than dis pdp 14yrs misrule.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by jmaine: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
taharqa:

This should be amongst the silliest 'logic' I have ever heard

That dude has successfully metamorphosed into something most bizarre embarassed
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
Mylove55: don't go there,i can show u millions of hungary pple around me,even me,i sleep without food,because no job.things were better than dis pdp 14yrs misrule.
you're ultra poor embarassed
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
It is only witches and wizards that celebrate negative news and reject GOOD news.
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by AZeD1(m): 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
Nigeria's middle class increase by 28% can also mean the high class has reduced by 28%

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: It is only witches and wizards that celebrate negative news and reject GOOD news.

Like the witches and wizards your Minister and President blamed as the reason why 4 Generations of Nigerians dont know what it means to have constant electricity, right?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
A-ZeD:
Nigeria's middle class increase by 28% can also mean the high class has reduced by 28%
but Bros, na palm wine de inside your head

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by safepassage2015: 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
[quote author=ba7man]Which favourable environment?

Is it Millitancy ?? High rate of Kidnapping?? Boko-Haram?? Ombatse?? The killings in Jos?? Epileptic power supply?? Corruption?? The railway line that struggles to complete a trip? ......Frankly, Nigeria has never been in a state of anarchy like this in a long time. Investors still troop in because of the high population, not because of what G.E.J told them. Its the citizens that lift this nation, not the F.G.

Don't be vague, pls highlight the "Favourable Environment" that inspired the populace to start developing ideas to create employment.[/quote which country can boast to hv tackled terrorism? Is it US or UK? Did d power problem start with gej? Obj spent $16bn on power wit notin to show 4 it yet u blindly criticise a govt that is genuinely n transparently tackling the power situation with unprecedented reforms. Pls I advice you to go and hug d nearest transformer

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by AZeD1(m): 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
sheyie2007: but Bros, na palm wine de inside your head
? ? ? ? ?
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by safepassage2015: 6:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
ba7man: Which favourable environment?

Is it Millitancy ?? High rate of Kidnapping?? Boko-Haram?? Ombatse?? The killings in Jos?? Epileptic power supply?? Corruption?? The railway line that struggles to complete a trip? ......Frankly, Nigeria has never been in a state of anarchy like this in a long time. Investors still troop in because of the high population, not because of what G.E.J told them. Its the citizens that lift this nation, not the F.G.

Don't be vague, pls highlight the "Favourable Environment" that inspired the populace to start developing ideas to create employment.

which country can boast to hv tackled terrorism? Is it US or UK? Did d power problem start with gej? Obj spent $16bn on power wit notin to show 4 it yet u blindly criticise a govt that is genuinely n transparently tackling the power situation with unprecedented reforms. Pls I advice you to go and hug d nearest transformer

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by atlwireles: 6:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
Mylove55: don't go there,i can show u millions of hungary pple around me,even me,i sleep without food,because no job.things were better than dis pdp 14yrs misrule.

You sleep with no food, but you can recharge your internet service. Hunger neva sama you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
Femmyfamous4u: This is purely statistics! I kept telling people, how long will all this praise-singers continue to drum support for statistics on paper. Yes, it's on paper that Nigeria is 1 of the fastest growing economy of the world with 7% growth rate every year but unfortunately, this is only on paper as it does not translate to welfare of the populace. As a matter of fact, about 40 million Nigerians are still unemployed, epileptic power supply just to mention a few.

If the report is true, then it has to be those awarded sham and shoddy contracts, oil thieves, and various people who became stupendously rich over night when the poor are becoming poorer and the REAL MIDDLE CLASS have not fared better neither.

Friend, statistics don't lie. You just have to wait a few years to see the results materialize in the lives of the people. Take what is happening in Osun state as a case study. Nigeria is growing. Data means fact, you know.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Teotihuacan: 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2013
Fresh Air till 2019.....Inspite of Boko Haram the economy is improving somewhat.Nigeria has a very resilient economy infact Jonathan should just place it on autopilot.........No wahala.
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by ba7man(m): 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
safepassage2015:

which country can boast to hv tackled terrorism? Is it US or UK? Did d power problem start with gej? Obj spent $16bn on power wit notin to show 4 it yet u blindly criticise a govt that is genuinely n transparently tackling the power situation with unprecedented reforms. Pls I advice you to go and hug d nearest transformer
List the actions that provided a favourable environment under G.E.J's administration.
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Godogwu: 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2013
ba7man: Which favourable environment?

Don't be vague, pls highlight the "Favourable Environment" that inspired the populace to start developing ideas to create employment.

Your assessment is just amusing, is it the FG thats kidnapping, employing militants, boko haram or creating corruption?...Corruption alone starts from the everyday Nigerian; the people in government aren't from mars. Thesame goes for kidnapping and the rest, its mostly useless and unaccomplished people like yourself that go about doing all sorts just because you believe the federal government should provide your every need. Finally, i totally agree with the other poster that the federal government has made the economy more favorable for entrepreneurs and investors.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
What manner of people become Angered, Pained, Convulsive when there is good news about our country?

Goodluck Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by freeR1: 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
smurfy:

Friend, statistics don't lie. You just have to wait a few years to see the results materialize in the lives of the people. Take what is happening in Osun state as a case study. Nigeria is growing. Data means fact, you know.

Statistics lie, especially when data is wrong but even when the data is right, statisticians still have a way of making it look all good. Just a simple example for you. If you gather 5 people in a room with various income eg; 5,5,5,5,100, you can easily say the average income is 40 which is right but the median income is 5 which is the true state of things. The "100" among the data is called the outlier which depending on the result you want to get, you can either leave out or include in your data. Now you have ways to correct this eg skewness, approximation to normal distribution etc. Bottom line, based on a data given, I (statisticians) can make a really terrible situation look at least ok.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by creativemusic: 6:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
how do you get this? what report show this ? can we see it? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by mandarin: 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pastor Kun:

And based on what research did you do to arrive at your conclusion that most people go bed hungry and spend 50% of their salaries on fuel? It sound like an ignorant man's research/ rantings to me.

There are lots of places in nigeria without power, some for weeks and some months. If as said Nigeria needs 10000Mw and currently generate less than 3000mw then a shortfall of 7000mw meant for homes and companies are non existence and powered by generator.
For a home that power a small generator for say with 5litres a day and 140litres a month, that translate to almost 14000 a month which would have been spent on say tangible developments and family improvements etc. I do not believe this report but come to think of it what was their own definition of middle class?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by ba7man(m): 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
Godogwu:

Your assessment is just amusing, is it the FG thats kidnapping, employing militants, boko haram or creating corruption?...Corruption alone starts from the everyday Nigerian; the people in government aren't from mars. Thesame goes for kidnapping and the rest, its mostly useless and unaccomplished people like yourself that go about doing all sorts just because you believe the federal government should provide your every need. Finally, i totally agree with the other poster that the federal government has made the economy more favorable for entrepreneurs and investors.
The question i keep asking is "How has the Federal Govt made the economy more favourable for entrepreneurs"

How?? How?? How
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Abel202: 6:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pastor Kun: The sky is the starting point, once our Power problem is sorted(which is very imminent) and we stop wasting billions of dollars to import fuel (thanx to dangote smiley ) Nigeria would witness a major economic leap forward. Surely better days ahead.

My dear, thanks for this post.
Nigeria's future is looking realy bright and smart people should position themselves to take advantage of this. The power sector reform is going very well and soon Nigeria will start generating and distributing power in a quantum leap. This alone will REVOLUTIONISE the Nigerian economie.
Then the Dangote Refinery; if it works out as planned and comes into operation by 2016 then Nigeria will be unstoppable as our great potentials shall be unleashed.
The Rail revamping is already being vigorously pursued.
I see real LIGHT at the end of the Tunnel.
Although its hard to sell this dream to some visionless unemployed folk looking for garri to drink, but if you are wise and smart you shall realise that Nigeria is soon presenting a golden opportunity for great exploits.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Sammy107d(m): 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
Godogwu:

How? Is it by better access to funding, better power, better technology infrastructure like cheaper Internet connectivity, better road networks, tax breaks for startups, investment in research, 72 hour cheap business incorporation etc. What has the government done to ensure that an entrepreneur will find it easier starting up in Nigeria than, say, Kenya? Talk to any of these entrepreneurs and they'll tell you how difficult the market is. The only reason they're here is out of necessity to create livelihoods in a 160m market. The population is huge and at least 10% of them have decent purchasing power. That's the biggest selling point, not "enabling environment and fresh air".
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Elueme: 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2013
shymexx:

Just as you're dead in the real sense of living because your brain cells and sense of reasoning objectively like a sane humanoid are dead...and you just exist based on the crumbs you receive. wink

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”
Shut up! You are too verbose and I think you are empty in the real sense of it and you caught me like a proud being. Why don't you come up with your own statistically researched findings inthe economy to refute the above topic?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by samilo88(m): 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
Fresh Air Noni..
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Amasuccess: 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pastor Kun: The sky is the starting point, once our Power problem is sorted(which is very imminent) and we stop wasting billions of dollars to import fuel (thanx to dangote smiley ) Nigeria would witness a major economic leap forward. Surely better days ahead.

God bless you
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by theoctopus: 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
ba7man: The question i keep asking is "How has the Federal Govt made the economy more favourable for entrepreneurs"

How?? How?? How

See my dear friend, your problem is simply hatred for gej for no justifiable reason. If the stats was from an fg department, you would have called it fake. Now,.you claim Nigerians are developing by themselves. You sound too lame. Just admit you all were wrong and give gej his due credit. It won't cost you anything
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by chinaman666(m): 6:54pm On Sep 26, 2013
Keneking: Ok, because we are buying Ipones and Blackberry phone, they think we are now middle class.

Most people still go to bed hungry and some even spend 50% of their salary on fuel in this 'jerrycan economy'. In my opinion, this is a lazy man research.

My two pence contribution.

I think some are misunderstanding the research findings. It DOES NOT say that that the middle class is now 28% of the Nigerian population. Rather, the size of the middle class has increased by 28%. This is a huge difference.

For example, if there were 10% of the population that were middle class previously, after a 28% increase, there is now 12.8% (NOT 10%+28% = 38%!) of the population that is middle class. Or if it was before 5%, now it is 7.4%.

Regardless, there can be no denying that things are getting better in Nigeria. Business has never been better for me.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Osama10(m): 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
What is the quality of life in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by GodhelpNaija: 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
This handlers/marketers will not seem to disappoint us more.Until the truth is been told, i doubt if GEJ will leave any legacy.
OBJ has opportunity to give Nigeria a working system, but alas, personal ego will not allow him. All his legacies is been destroy in his eyes by his successor.

Let start from Local content in oil and Gas that empower uncountable youths in this country, The policy is gradually been eroded. The only big design project that could have created lot of jobs is taken to South Korea.Those that are in the sector are not secure talkless of new employment.

Telecommunication is another great sector that is gradually been messed up,All operators instead of employing now , they are converting their staff to contract employee and mass redundancy. yet somebody is talking about ''favourable condition for job explosion''

Banking job is another no go area, down sizing in thousand, yet somebody is shouting fresh air. I hope GEJ will understand these before it is too late.people are suffering , no job, no policy to encourage job opportunities. Please open up power sector, this could make a great difference this trying time.

All these deceits and propaganda will not move the country forward.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Responds To Oyegun's Statement‎: "We Handed Over A Better Nigeria To Buhari" / Fresh Plot To Invade National Assembly Thickens,150 Delta Youths Moved To Abuja / APC Congresses Under Threat As Court Declares Buni’s Chairmanship Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.