Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,083 members, 7,825,412 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! (16287 Views)

Nigeria’s Millionaire Class Increases / Banks Lending To Agric Sector Increases By 300% In 4 Years- CBN / Ekiti State Igr Increases By 600 Percent, Now 600 Million Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by jmaine: 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
ba7man: No investor/Manufacturer will ignore a market base of 160 million people. Its common sense.

That's was what attracted them, not what G.E.J told them.

Nonsence . . .So they just discovered that we had such a huge population . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by PastorKun(m): 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
taharqa: . So it was OBJ that instituted d Local Content Policy , right? And it is declining, abi?? The Banking and Telecoms Sectors are also declining, right?? The index in these Sectors indicate that they are declining compared to what obtained b4?.... How I wish there wud a time IGNORAMUSES wud have enough sense to quit Shouting in public. How I wish

The fact that Obj instituted the local content policy is an indisputable fact. smiley
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by juman(m): 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2013
The title of the thread contradict the reality on the ground.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by taharqa: 9:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
ba7man: No investor/Manufacturer will ignore a market base of 160 million people. Its common sense.

That's was what attracted them, not what G.E.J told them.
Yea. And that is certainly cos Nigeria never had a high population b4 now. We must hv birthed hundreds of millions in d last 3 yrs!!..... I hv told you about d ijiotic 'logic' you've bn using on this thread in other to pass yr personal idiosyncracies as 'fact'. I feel sorry for you. And I hv tried to ignore d temptation whilst trying to respond to you I end up Descending on yr fooolishness on this thread cos you mk sense sm other times. But I wud respond to d above poster once I get to my Compt. You may read d response then
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by taharqa: 9:18pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pastor Kun:

The fact that Obj instituted the local content policy is an indisputable fact. smiley
Oh! Indisputable fact? Plz, tell me more bout this 'fact'. I am all EARS
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Sike(m): 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
We are getting there.
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by taharqa: 9:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
ashybabs:
Its funny how you claim logic and your falling prey to it following the arguments between you and this person, yours by far lack logic, and u cover up with curses, wivout justifying your points.
Prove me right and do same, but don't ever mention logic if u don't kno nofing bout it!

To everyone whose gullible enuf to belive in this statistic. Embrace this truth
if u belive everything you c on cnn and tv, your in too deep.
A fact is not dictated by news or statistics, it would suprise you how these folks come up with these things!
Shakespeare once sed the skeptics husband the truth from decay.

No news or statistics can tell me bollocks!
Ps nigeria or fg dosent make anyone, this favourable envoiroment to me is simply sort of a shadow, it goes two ways: we take wat we are given(roads light etc) or get what we have to(wealth) no govt does jack for u.

Thanks btw its my first comment smiley
Your 1st comment?? Well, says a lot bout yr Intelligence Quotient. Very nicely sums you up... Welcome, though
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by tunwe(m): 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
@OP, you just go there and throw percentages all about without basic foundations. What is total population? How many of them were in the upper, middle, and lower classes? What is the demographic shifts or changes now? What criterias did you use for your class classification (determination)....income, ratio of income to family seizes? If so, how much earnings per annual makes one a middle-class earner? Educations (literacy), and other fixed assets? Please let the world know. E-commerce has a minutial contribution to the national economic activities and GDP.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by taharqa: 9:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
kingoflag:

Seriously, how much do they pay you to come waste your life and sell the future of generations away on here?
Come on, Shattap tha, CLOWN... Stop trying to share yr FRUSTRATIONS; keep it within you, afterall you built it up to this point
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Texykool: 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
Where I live, there had been no power supply since October 2011 (no jokes) but somehow, I've been able to fuel my gen everyday since then so that I can watch news and other stuffs.

That makes me MIDDLE CLASS, right?
:/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Ifedechidex: 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
sheyie2007: What's this one saying

i wonder o
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Texykool: 9:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
Where I live, there had been no power supply since October 2011 (no jokes) but somehow, I've been able to fuel my gen everyday since then so that I can watch news and other stuffs.

That makes me a MIDDLE CLASS citizen, right?
:/
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by tunwe(m): 9:50pm On Sep 26, 2013
@op, you should have titled your writing "The growth of E-commerce" in nigeria, because you have no informations about the middle class.
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by willibounce: 9:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
What the ferk is MIDDLE CLASS? Fraudulent bastaarrds.
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by shalomblue: 9:58pm On Sep 26, 2013
safepassage2015: And they say he is 'clueless' in his appointing technocrats like NOI, Aganga,Odua, deziani and minister of agric amongst others in his cabinet. The economy is booming gradually and the ĹOSER governors are callin for d sack of NOI. Gej would keep working while Tinubu rats wud keep hating

I represent the middle class,and I find it laughable that 28percent of the populace fall into this class.May God save this country from media propangada.God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by ba7man(m): 10:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
taharqa: Yea. And that is certainly cos Nigeria never had a high population b4 now. We must hv birthed hundreds of millions in d last 3 yrs!!..... I hv told you about d ijiotic 'logic' you've bn using on this thread in other to pass yr personal idiosyncracies as 'fact'. I feel sorry for you. And I hv tried to ignore d temptation whilst trying to respond to you I end up Descending on yr fooolishness on this thread cos you mk sense sm other times. But I wud respond to d above poster once I get to my Compt. You may read d response then
See how pride oozes out of your post.

Anyways, the last global recession has forced foreign investors to seek out developing markets. They are the future of investment .

They keep talking about how companies are rushing to grab a slice of them on different economic reports on CNN.

Don't you watch CNN??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by ashybabs(m): 10:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
taharqa: Your 1st comment?? Well, says a lot bout yr Intelligence Quotient. Very nicely sums you up... Welcome, though
I did hint that you'd attack, I literally said it and you still cursed, didn't justify yourself ur uphold your argument! Just went out of content and defensive! Sums up that ure a weak mind. And u bring I.Q into it!!!! Hilarious mate
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Hearme(m): 10:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
Really, in a country struggling to pay salaries? May be it is fair to say so because people are really struggling this days.
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by manny4life(m): 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2013
ba7man: See how pride oozes out of your post.

Anyways, the last global recession has forced foreign investors to seek out developing markets. They are the future of investment .

They keep talking about how companies are rushing to grab a slice of them on different economic reports on CNN.

Don't you watch CNN??

Most Nigerians have called Nigeria a failed nation which was doing very poorly, question is, will an investor want to grab a slice of such risk?
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by emiye(m): 10:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
Middle class increases by 28% in 4 years, and most likely lower class increases by 280% , mtseeeew. So where is the good news?

Alll those plenty children newly born in to poor homes are they not increasing the lower class ?

To those dundees who are celebrating, lets assume the population of nigeria 4 years ago was 100. 7 upper class 15 middle class and 78 lower class. (7 +15+78 =100) After 4 years a 28 % increase in middle class means we now have 19 middle class, an increase of 4 extra people, but the sensible question will be are the number of folks in the lower class now 74 lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i am sure that is not the case with nigeria.

The lower class is growing at a much faster rate than the growth in the middle class

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by ba7man(m): 10:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
manny4life:

Most Nigerians have called Nigeria a failed nation which was doing very poorly, question is, will an investor want to grab a slice of such risk?

We have a large market base and they're willing to risk the insecurities and lack of power to have acess to it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by manny4life(m): 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
ba7man: We have a large market base and they're willing to risk the insecurities and lack of power to have acess to it.

So if this is the case, we've been had a large market since thy kingdom come, so large market ain't cutting it. Back in 2000, Nigeria already had a population of at least 100million, so what changed now?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
kingoflag: 28%?! Dude, yall don't even know how many people reside in ur country.
bros is ur problem the statistics, english language or comprehension? The info said 28% INCREASE for crying out loud. Means that 28% MORE of the population are now in d middle class IN ADDITION to those who were previously there. Your blind hatred for GEJ makes u ignore glaring facts. Now we undastand y stdnts fail courses of lecturers they hate.
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
And the designation of nigeria as a Middle-class economy means that majority of the population are in the middle class. Means that >50% of the population are comfortably in the middle class bracket. Simple economics that we learnt in secondary schl, haba!
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Tellerman: 11:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
Can anyone please tell me the name of the premises/building and area or country shown in the picture above?
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 27, 2013
Tellerman: Can anyone please tell me the name of the premises/building and area or country shown in the picture above?
my back yard
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by thoth: 1:39am On Sep 27, 2013
Liars!! It is really sad how gullible Nigerians are.
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 27, 2013
taharqa: Come on, Shattap tha, CLOWN... Stop trying to share yr FRUSTRATIONS; keep it within you, afterall you built it up to this point

Why u dey try to fight me now, bros? Na simple question I just asked you and all u suppose to do is answer:

HOW MUCH THEY PAY YOU TO SELL YOUR FUTURE AND THAT OF OTHERS DOWN THE RIVER?
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Knaruto(m): 3:14am On Sep 27, 2013
i just dey one side dey observe all those fools whey dey talk crap....people whey no pass economics for dia waec...people whey no know the difference btw economic ''Growth'' and ''Development...Nigeria economy is growing at a fast pace...yet the economy aint developing countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Australia, Taiwan Singapore are some of the few countries who their economic growth matches their development and for the igbo smokers...by economic development i mean General standard of living...What Nigeria lacks is Economic development
Re: Nigeria's Middle-Class Increases By 28 percent!! by Godogwu: 3:20am On Sep 27, 2013
kingoflag:

Wait, didnt you say you lived out here in the United States for a few years now, so how the hell do you know how the electricity situation is?

My entire family lives in Nigeria, I on the other hand go to school in the US with my brother and theres google; you can always do a little bit of research.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Prof. Soyinka Has Refused To Endorse Me For President – Sowore / Amina Mohammed Inspects Delta Forcados Oil Spill (Photos) / Benue Killings: Herdsmen Agree To Cease Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.