Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives (34520 Views)

See A Photo Of What The World's First Ambulance Looked Like? / Ambulance On An Emergency Runs Out Of Fuel (see Photo) / Lagos State Ambulance Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by godofwar666(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2013
This is kul i love it u knw u can save a brother from another moda. The world isn't safe no more. Tanx Op
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Ignatio(m): 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
I thought drinking water with a bullet wound kills.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by damosky12(m): 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
Caracta: Drink water? Where will I get water from when "Al-Shaabab" is shooting everywhere

That's why it's good to always carry water around. Never leave your house without water in your bag or pocket! wink
wait, Are u expecting bullet everywhere u go?
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by emmog25: 3:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
Your English(sentence construction) na AK47. The topic is interesting thou, but please I need some1 to interpret this in English or Better still, u write in pigin.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by emmymdk: 3:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
oke_chukwu: DRINK A LOT OF WATER:

Water will help replenish your intravascular fluid lost during bleeding.

Drink alot of water? Na inside a shopping mall where their is hostage situation?(Kenya mall)
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by XVIER(m): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2013
OP DON LIE OOO. ACCORDING TO WATIN I DEY SEE INSIDE FILM NA MAKE YOU USE CIGER AND KNIFE USE COMOT THE BULLET AFTER THAT THEN TAKE ALCOHOL AND GO BACK TO THE BOSS.

4 Likes

Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Sobrit(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nice points but dont you think the drinking water aspect will worsen situation on the imediate? Because your system has already been heated up, additional fluid at that point of tension will invariably cause more bleeding. My view though
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Caracta(f): 3:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
damosky12:

Be prepared! Always! grin
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Well it depends on the bullet's pathway. If it decides to pass through the 'sternal angle',between the right or esp the left 2-7 intercostal spaces anteriorly or posteriorly, or superiorly from the root of the neck to the vault of the skull then no need just clear your throat and start singing 'LORD AM COMING HOME'

5 Likes

Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by chamberlin1(m): 3:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
I think its good to be informed. But the points raised are few and one is misleading. Pls do not drink water or eat food when shot. Jus for dat moment until the bleeding stops as water wud necessitate blood rush, water also is not blood that wud replace ur blood cells when they wash away. Pls see this link for more info http://firstaid.about.com/od/softtissueinjuries/ht/07_gunshots.htm.
oke_chukwu: DRINK A LOT OF WATER:

Water will help replenish your intravascular fluid lost during bleeding.

Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by UchihaItachi(m): 3:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
emmog25: Your English(sentence construction) na AK47. The topic is interesting thou, but please I need some1 to interpret this in English or Better still, u write in pigin.

the op's English was better than yours. BTW what did you mean by"thou"

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by AKMoney1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
hustla: If Na head or balls them shoot you nko?
grin grin

Sharply Update your social network status to: RIP THINGS grin grin
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by akereconfi: 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
I see arm robbers and BOKO activist stoming this thread
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by UchihaItachi(m): 3:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
XVIER: OP DON LIE OOO. ACCORDING TO WATIN I DEY SEE INSIDE FILM NA MAKE YOU USE CIGER AND KNIFE USE COMOT THE BULLET AFTER THAT THEN TAKE ALCOHOL AND GO BACK TO THE BOSS.
He said to thrust a heated metal into the wound, didn't he? It's still the same as using a cigar. The point is killing off infections right? As for the knife only a badass gangster or a doctor would know how to do that grin
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by OrangeCounty: 4:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
Please DO NOT DRINK WATER after being shot, or involved in any form of accident as this will DILATE your blood vessels there by increasing the flow of blood and makes you bleed profusely and of course lead to death. The aim is to stop or restrict the flow of blood, or cloth the injury.

2 Likes

Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by ifyalways(f): 4:04pm On Sep 30, 2013
Satguru: One day I was watching a bullet-wounded criminal in a Police Station. After confession, he was given water and he gave up immediately.

THE AUTHOR OF THE ABOVE WRITE-UP IS NAIVE.
NEVER DRINK WATER WHILE SUSTAINING BULLET WOUND.
True.
I wonder who wrote this and it made nld's homepage.

Water for anyone bleeding is death.Please don't drink or give water to anyone bleeding.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Shalome(m): 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
Man no dey drink water after being shot o,na wetin kill alhaji be that o
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by xynerise: 4:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
How about a shot in the asss? undecided
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by buchi4action(m): 4:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
Satguru: One day I was watching a bullet-wounded criminal in a Police Station. After confession, he was given water and he gave up immediately.

THE AUTHOR OF THE ABOVE WRITE-UP IS NAIVE.
NEVER DRINK WATER WHILE SUSTAINING BULLET WOUND.
that is true.....NEVER DRINK WATER WHEN SUSTAINED BULLET WOUND...WATER KILLS THE BULLET VICTIM INSTANTLY
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by tayork(m): 4:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
I don't think water is any way good in this....i have a friend grand mum that was shot accidentally when coming back from vigil at night and d man beside her tried to save her bt the woman asked for water which d man gave to her and immediately she passed on so SINCE THEN I HAVE LEARNT THAT WATER IS NOT ANYWAY GOOD TO GIVE A PATIENT THAT SUBTAIN GUN SHOT instead the doc give drip cus water flush out the blood more
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by doclek(m): 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2013
Pls if u re bleeding don't take water o,especially internal bleeding(That's why u shd not give accident victims water when they cry of thirst).It's contra-indicated in bleeding cos it dilute the blood.As much as I appreciate the poster I want to warn that pple shd not post what they've not verified o,especially when it's a matter of life and death.Pls every shd take note o.I'm a medical doctor and I'm speaking authoritatively on this.

7 Likes

Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Morgan1092(m): 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2013
Thread for arm robbers
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Emilord(m): 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
Rubbish....if u ever drink water when u are shut,u will die immediately
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Okuda(m): 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2013
[size=15pt]water is the wrongest thing to take when u have a gunshot wound. you would die quicker than u expect. imagine this: when drinking water, you heart rate increases. what does the heart do? it pumps blood, increased heart rate means pumping more blood around the body, when there is an opening on your body where more blood pumps out, what do you think would be the result [/size]

1 Like

Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by MistadeRegal(m): 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2013
What if the bullet penetrated tbrough your neck or temples! (GOD forbid O!) Can you still apply this method! cheesy !
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Mickyboiz: 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
Shalomé: Man no dey drink water after being shot o,na wetin kill alhaji be that o
whic alhaji?
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by Ultimate001: 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
Look...it's wrong and so unsafe to drink water after losing so much blood.It's deadly,let no one try or recommend it for anyone o.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by MistadeRegal(m): 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
damosky12:
The bullet according to your reply resemble MTN slogan!
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by anytexy: 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2013
On a very serious note, this forum is a learning ground. On a matter that involves LIFE like this no body should post wht he or she is not sure of. Let's face the fact, this thread is misleading. And some people are here commending the poster. No proper resaerch. Go and comit sucide by taking water while bleeding.
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by mecheadams: 4:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
I have been a victim if you drink water you will die immediately.....................
Re: How To Survive A Bullet Wound Until Ambulance Arrives by njcdrich: 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
That is good advice. Moreover, know that 'The Name of the Lord is a Strong Tower, the righteous runneth into it and is save'. Pro. 18:10. And also 'He that the dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty' Psalm 91:1-2.

So make sure you are at peace with your God. Receive Jesus Christ now. Even if the bullet kills you and you will have nothing to loose since you will going to your real home.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am I Infected With Measles Or Heat Rash? / Anambra TRACAS Driver Bleeds To Death On Steering - Pictures / HIV Vaccine Breakthrough As Experts Generate Immune Cells To Stop Spread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.