Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. (837 Views)

Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post / What U Need To Know Before Learn A Programming Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2013
Hey, I'm Diora, a software/web programmer. Studied Computer Science and currently serving at Ogun state. I use basically VB.Net for writing installable apps and PHP/MySQL for web apps. I've written a lot of students' projects and I've worked as an assistant programmer at Digital Dreams, Enugu. Now, I think it's time to kick off! I believe in team work. So I, hereby, call on my fellow programmers who might have ideas but lacks the necessary helping hands, who are willing to share ideas and rub minds to come and have a constructive chat with me, let's discuss the way forward! No app in mind yet, but two heads are better than one, they say. My family stays at Enugu state but I'm currently serving at Ogun state and am likely to be here for a while after service as I intend to kick off with my MSc or MICT programme here at Ogun state. Anyone nearby and interested in my joyful tidings can contact me on 08062968983. Great programmers! Thanks a lot!! You are the best!!!
Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by omoelu1(m): 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2013
i am sure interested in this..am still a kid though, i can do som little things with php and mysql ,nd what part of ogun state r u..am in magboro.

1 Like

Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
Cool, still waiting for more turn outs!
Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by omoelu1(m): 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
Gozie Diora: Cool, still waiting for more turn outs!
whr in ogun state are u?
Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by OmerianConsult: 8:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
Where exactly are u based. U may just be the oga l need as l want to go into web dev.
Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 26, 2013
I'm in Odogbolu, near Sagamu and Ikenne. I'm serving there.
Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by emandman: 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2013
Temitopeemmanuel90@gmail.com...based in abeokuta gradu8 of banking/f but currently in d beginin phase of php. Interested...mail me
Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
I'd want thank you all for your respones. I'd also like to point out that the prospective group is meant to be a software team and not a tutorial group on programming. In other words, we need programmers and not starters so as at start off on projects as soon as possible as we might not have time be teaching on coaching beginners. I really hope you don't misunderstand me. For those learning, I'd suggest you enroll at IT firms for necessary training. I wish you all well from the bottom of my heart.
Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by emandman: 10:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
Gotcha, peace bro! But if u need help around d city i was,born,bred and brought up dia...
Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 28, 2013
Thanks a lot. I'll keep that in mind.
Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by digi101(m): 12:48pm On Oct 07, 2013
You may want to rethink your criteria based on geological location if you're trying to startup an effective team from the beginning. Why not harness the power of the internet for communication/planning/co ordination? The difficult part will be finding team members that can flow and work together while being committed to your agreed goals and objectives. In Nigeria that's not really as simple as it sounds.

All the best.
Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
[quote
author=digi101]You may want to rethink your criteria based on geological
location if you're trying to startup an effective team from the
beginning. Why not harness the power of the internet for
communication/planning/co ordination? The difficult part will be finding
team members that can flow and work together while being committed to
your agreed goals and objectives. In Nigeria that's not really as simple
as it sounds.

All the best.[/quote]

Digi, you've got a point there but it would be a challenge of its own ensuring the dedication/commitement of members over the Internet. Besides, that would lead to total insecurity of intellectual property thus making room for plagiarism. I'd so much appreciate further suggestions from you, thanks a lot.
Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by digi101(m): 4:21pm On Oct 10, 2013
I dont know what area you plan on delving into but even core software tech companies are about a whole lot more than "Tech Specialties" (i suggest you may want to read the book E-Myth for starters).
At this point i would want to assume since you are creating the foundation for the start-up that you most likely will be the team lead. As the Lead element you have a responsibility to determine what other skills (that are not in your core competence) are required for the projects to be executed by your would be start-up, based on this you now know specifically the kind of people you are looking for and which part of the team they will occupy.
The idea of a virtual team is to keep cost low (transport & valued time) since your start-up wont have any revenue stream to start off with (except you are well connected and already have series of jobs awarded even without a coy grin; if that's the case i would suggest OUTSOURCING). This may help keep the focus of your team steady for the grunt work period of your start up (that is assuming they believe in the vision you have sold them), knowing at least there total risk is minimized to intellectual property.
And by the way "Plagiarism" na big word. Issue of plagiarism only comes to light when your product is successful and the cash start rolling in, when everyone is broke a lot of folks will take the risk.
A good read is the book start small, stay small. You can read a sample chapter available online. Entrepreneurship is simply about not being afraid to try, and even in failure to learn something and try again. Entrepreneurs are Crazy folks!

All the best
Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 11, 2013
I'm very much conversant with the rudiments of software project management/evaluation and team works, so I do know the personels needed in software teams apart from techs but as you said, one has to cut out on some things for a start. I've been a victim of unfavourable circumstances in the past, bro as this is not my first time of participating in group projects though never as a leader. You said I need skills I, as the leader, don't have and I don't think the Internet is the best approach to evaluating the competence of a prospective member as a dog can claim to be a lady online (Bill Gate). I suppose you know the effect of dropping a member half way (Linus Law). Instead of starting a project that will be abandoned half way due to the dissappearance or incompetence of a member, I'd better start off on a hard note and end well.
Plagiarism is not all about already made big shots. In fact, the worst type of plagiarism ever is the theft of mere ideas. You will get me better if you read Mark Zukerberg's Law suits or Apple-Microsoft cases over graphical OS. I've been a victim onece, so Undertand my stand, thanks.
Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by digi101(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2013
Gozie Diora: I'm very much conversant with the rudiments of software project management/evaluation and team works, so I do know the personels needed in software teams apart from techs but as you said, one has to cut out on some things for a start. I've been a victim of unfavourable circumstances in the past, bro as this is not my first time of participating in group projects though never as a leader. You said I need skills I, as the leader, don't have and I don't think the Internet is the best approach to evaluating the competence of a prospective member as a dog can claim to be a lady online (Bill Gate). I suppose you know the effect of dropping a member half way (Linus Law). Instead of starting a project that will be abandoned half way due to the dissappearance or incompetence of a member, I'd better start off on a hard note and end well.
Plagiarism is not all about already made big shots. In fact, the worst type of plagiarism ever is the theft of mere ideas. You will get me better if you read Mark Zukerberg's Law suits or Apple-Microsoft cases over graphical OS. I've been a victim onece, so Undertand my stand, thanks.

I really dont think we are talking about the same way of kick starting your startup. To be clear my perspective on this prospective startup assumes its going to be bootstrapped.
Given that i assume you want to create a MVP quickly to confirm there is a profitable target market to be had, following which your startup will follow an organic pattern in based your market.
These kind of startup adopt the Lean & Mean approach to get there foot in the door of the market simply because they cant afford to sit around waiting for the perfect cross of chance, opportunity and resources.

And by the way i did read Mark Zukerberg's Law suits also happened to watch the spin of film grin. In this case am talking about the Zukerberg's approach (if the idea is great get started however now! and scale later once your idea is confirmed) or you can take the other approach and hope someone else hasnt seen the potential.

All the best
Re: A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 11, 2013
digi101:

I really dont think we are talking about the same way of kick starting
your startup. To be clear my perspective on this prospective startup
assumes ........
Thanks for your contributions. Like I said, I had a lot of things planned out already from a professional prospective before putting up this post. In the world of software, methodologies, strategies or approaches are almost of no limit. Mr. A approach may differ from that of Mr. B but that doesn't make Mr. B approach less competent cause he might have considered some environmental limitations or carried out a feasibility study before choosing that. I believe the sensitivity of my prospective project in terms of security and otherwise is the force that propeles my choice of approach. No matter how good a programmer is, he ca never understand the system requirements more that analyst in charge of the system. I didn't jump into this, I planned it and it's working already. Once again, I appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

What Will It Cost To Create A Secure Financial Portal? / Are There Nairaland APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) That We Can Use? / I Need Help In Installing CS5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.