Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post (3685 Views)

VOTE: Seun Add Direct Message To Nairaland / Game Development: Join The Team / Using Next/prev Button To Display Array Elements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by igomen: 4:59pm On Dec 11, 2014
Fellow NLs, join me in calling on Seun to add a 'Dislike' button to every post on NL, that way one can get a better sense of how people feel about a particular post or topic. If the 'Like' button can be implemented, I see no reason why the 'dislike' button should not be added. Lets give the Nay sayers or should I say 'Dislike' sayers a voice on every topic and post. This is clearly evident on big sites like Yahoo, CNN, BBC etc where site visitors are allowed to comment, like or dislike other people's comments - this epitomises the beauty, freedom and power of expression and Nairaland should not be an exception. What do you think?
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by ishiamu(m): 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2014
LoL
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by pweedyuz(f): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2014
I agree to this.
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by zizazizu: 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
Seun, don't mind this thread jare. Dem waan spoil business for you. Facebook and instagram don't have dislike buttons and see how big they are.

Leave it as it is.

If we like it, we click like.

If we don't like it, we say it to your face by commenting.

E still dey work!
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by chiwex(m): 8:00pm On Dec 11, 2014
it will prevent some users from reading topic with many dislike numbers
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by DahtzFestjayz: 9:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
Agreed. He should also add "Delete Topic" button for personal use
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by asalimpo(m): 9:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
This is an old idea. Suen is being a Big hypocrite or just not thinking originally (facebook invented d like button ,seun simply copied d concept)
by failing to make this forum more real-life like.
In real like dont ppl dislike or disagree on issues, dont they voice it. As people grew used to d like button so will they to d dislike button.
Seun could test the concept for a year before deciding whether to make it permanent or not.
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by GodMode: 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
asalimpo:
This is an old idea. S3en is being a Big hypocrite or just not thinking originally (facebook invented d like button ,s3un simply copied d concept)
by failing to make this forum more real-life like.
In real like dont ppl dislike or disagree on issues, dont they voice it. As people grew used to d like button so will they to d dislike button.
S3un could test the concept for a year before deciding whether to make it permanent or not.

Hmmm
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 12, 2014
asalimpo:
Suen is being a Big hypocrite or just not thinking originally (facebook invented d like button ,seun simply copied d concept)

That's a fundamentally nonsensical statement. Seun "copied" the like button just like the other million sites that have it did.
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by asalimpo(m): 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2014
Nathan2222:

That's a fundamentally nonsensical statement. Seun "copied" the like button just like the other million sites that have it did.
He copied d concept. Gettit.
Most NL features are fb features .
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by asalimpo(m): 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2014
If fb/twitter had a dislike 'button/link' , you're sure NL wudve adopted.
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
asalimpo:

He copied d concept.

From who? I hope you know that facebook wasn't the first site to have the "like" button

Gettit. Most NL features are fb features .

This statement shows a gross misunderstanding between what facebook is and what nairaland is.

Facebook is not a forum.
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
asalimpo:
If fb/twitter had a dislike 'button/link' , you're sure NL wudve adopted.

Nonsensical statement.
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by asalimpo(m): 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2014
Nathan2222:

From who? I hope you know that facebook wasn't the first site to have the "like" button

This statement shows a gross misunderstanding between what facebook is and what nairaland is.

Facebook is not a forum.

this statemnt shows you cant think outside of typical.
Fb is not a forum so wat?
NL copied concepts from it - to use its site.

Fb inspires NL.
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by asalimpo(m): 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2014
Nathan2222:

Nonsensical statement.
rash comment.

NL uses like because it has seen d experiment get tested by other social media .
Seun, cant use dislike because he doesnt know how it will fare and doesnt want to try it out ,experimentally.
If twitter,fb others had used it with success, seun wudve quickly copied d concept.

*i hope i'm responding to som1 who can think and not a hasty person ready to make thoughless hasty comments. *
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by Ajibel(m): 6:35pm On Dec 13, 2014
If dislike exists, it'd reduce the number of comments. If i dislike a person's post, I'd quote the person and tell him off which drives conversation but if there is a dislike button, all I'd do is dislike and get out..
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by asalimpo(m): 6:46pm On Dec 13, 2014
People will initially react strongly to d dislike, meaning their sensitivity is raw. Initially, some will reduce postings, others will think bf they post , which will increase the overall quality of topics while reducing d number.
Then eventually, people will get used to it and finally embrace it.
At this stage, the impact of the dislike button can b objectively assessed.
But on the other hand some ppl will b very jubilant with it and embrace it,right away.
Som will b unfazed by or even oddly attracted to dislikes than likes.
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 13, 2014
asalimpo:

this statemnt shows you cant think outside of typical.

And that statement shows you didn't read my post.

Fb is not a forum so wat?

"So" saying silly things like "NL copied FB" is absolutely nonsensical.

NL copied concepts from it - to use its site.

Nonsense.

Fb inspires NL.

Says who?
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
asalimpo:

rash comment.

No, it was absolutely required as you can't seem to get the difference between FB and NL.

NL uses like because it has seen d experiment get tested by other social media .

False, stop making baseless statements.
The "like" button existed prior to FB.

Seun, cant use dislike because he doesnt know how it will fare and doesnt want to try it out ,experimentally.

Rubbish. Several forums have like/dislike or upvote/downvote buttons.

If twitter,fb others had used it with success, seun wudve quickly copied d concept.

Stop comparing apples to oranges, and making baseless assumptions. FB is not a forum, so comparing it to NL is ignorant.

*i hope i'm responding to som1 who can think and not a hasty person ready to make thoughless hasty comments. *

This is coming from a guy who finds it hard to correctly spell "thoughtless". Go look in the mirror.
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by asalimpo(m): 10:51pm On Dec 13, 2014
Nathan2222:

And that statement shows you didn't read my post.

"So" saying silly things like "NL copied FB" is absolutely nonsensical.

Nonsense.

Says who?

Says who?
If you hav eyes you wouldnt ask this.
The most popular social netwrk is a goldmine of inspiration to other sites including NL.
Which other larger and/or more influential site is there tht cudve supplanted fb? The contenders are few and less popular.
Fb is a likely influence on NL.

"NL copied fb"

NL's feature set closely align with those of fb. Seun ddnt think them up,just "borrowed" the ideas for use.
Y fb? Cuz its the most popular and most visited. Therefore the most likely source of inspiration.

Like i said - fb isnt a forum but NL is, how dos tht negate the issue of NL being inspired by it and adopting some of its features?

Or a forum cant use some of a social networks features?
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
asalimpo:

Says who?
If you hav eyes you wouldnt ask this.

If you weren't ignorant, you wouldn't make such a statement.

The most popular social netwrk is a goldmine of inspiration to other sites including NL.

NL is not a social network, it is a forum. Get that into your head.

Which other larger and/or more influential site is there tht cudve supplanted fb? The contenders are few and less popular.
Fb is a likely influence on NL.

Absolute nonsense. You obviously haven't checked the source code of this site.

NL's feature set closely align with those of fb. Seun ddnt think them up,just "borrowed" the ideas for use.
Y fb? Cuz its the most popular and most visited. Therefore the most likely source of inspiration.

False, false, false. You just keep making baseless assumptions.

Like i said - fb isnt a forum but NL is, how dos tht negate the issue of NL being inspired by it and adopting some of its features?

Or a forum cant use some of a social networks features?

Simply because no logical person would say an apple copied an orange. FB and NL are not in the same category.
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by asalimpo(m): 6:01am On Dec 14, 2014
Nathan2222:

No, it was absolutely required as you can't seem to get the difference between FB and NL.
you cant seem to get the connection btw fb and co and NL

False, stop making baseless statements.
The "like" button existed prior to FB.
it may hav existed but it's fb popularised it. Inspiring other social sites to copy

Rubbish. Several forums have like/dislike or upvote/downvote buttons.

Stop comparing apples to oranges, and making baseless assumptions. FB is not a forum, so comparing it to NL is ignorant.

baseless assumptions!
An assumption without a basis.
!!
Fb and NL are similar in many aspects.

This is coming from a guy who finds it hard to correctly spell "thoughtless". Go look in the mirror.

if a typo error is ur definition of hasty , and only 1 at that, you still hav a long way to go.

Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by asalimpo(m): 6:18am On Dec 14, 2014
Nathan2222:

If you weren't ignorant, you wouldn't make such a statement.
ignorant about wat? The diff btw a forum and a graph?
You cud do better than this

NL is not a social network, it is a forum. Get that into your head.
so wat? They share similarities.
Seun cud copy and implemnt wat he liked from the graph site. Function is irrelevant here .
Keep on tripping over this simple concept.

Absolute nonsense. You obviously haven't checked the source code of this site.
still back to the function /imitation issue . You dont need NL's source code to use a feature.

False, false, false. You just keep making baseless assumptions.
i made no assumptions without basis

Simply because no logical person would say an apple copied an orange. FB and NL are not in the same category.
still the function issue.
Twitter and fb are also dissimilar ,function wise. Yet they hav some similar features.

Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by CodeHouse: 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2014
asalimpo:

rash comment.

Good
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by Nobody: 11:51pm On Dec 14, 2014
asalimpo:
you cant seem to get the connection
btw fb and co and NL

To see the non-existent connection would be as foolish as seeing a connection between dreamincode.net and twitter.com, a foolishness you so dearly embrace.

it may hav existed but it's fb popularised it.

So that means any site using it "copied" it?
That's as dumb as suggesting using a navigation menu is "copying" someone.

Inspiring other social sites to copy

And you still haven't figured out the fact that FB and NL are not the same.

baseless assumptions!
An assumption without a basis.
!!

Saying the same thing twice, huh? Effect of not actually understanding what it means.

Fb and NL are similar in many aspects.

Prove it!. Show me one feature on FB that exists exclusively i.e. only on both FB and NL that exists on no other site.

if a typo error is ur definition of hasty , and only 1 at that, you still hav a long way to go.

And yet you still can't spell "have" or accurately place a ",". Educate yourself because everytime I waste my precious time replying to your nonsense, I'd expect you to learn at least a little from it.
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by Nobody: 12:06am On Dec 15, 2014
asalimpo:
ignorant about wat? The diff btw a
forum and a graph?
You cud do better than this

A graph? Are you that silly? You are right, I could do way better than responding to your ignorant posts but I choose to.

so wat? They share similarities.
Seun cud copy and implemnt wat he
liked from the graph site. Function is
irrelevant here .

Graph site Wow, I didn't realize it was this bad with you.

Saying Seun copied from FB just because you saw a "like" button that exists on NL is just as dumb as saying cnn.com copied from cnet.com just because you saw a navigation menu on cnn.com.

Keep on tripping over this simple
concept.

Just look in a mirror. You're the one who can't figure out the difference between a forum and a social media site.

still back to the function /imitation
issue . You dont need NL's source code
to use a feature.

To "use" a feature? Do you get tired of making nonsensical statements

i made no assumptions without basis

That statement, this whole argument is based on the silly baseless assumption that NL copied FB.

still the function issue.
Twitter and fb are also
dissimilar ,function wise. Yet they hav
some similar features.

That's as foolish as saying because two kids have smilar features, their parents "copied" each other.
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by asalimpo(m): 2:54am On Dec 15, 2014
Nathan2222:

To see the non-existent connection would be as foolish as seeing a connection between dreamincode.net and twitter.com, a foolishness you so dearly embrace.
Hmm. Non existent connection...
After this post , go sleep.
I tot i was replying som1 who cud think. But your gray matter isnt mature enuff for grasping anything except cusswords

So that means any site using it "copied" it?
That's as dumb as suggesting using a navigation menu is "copying" someone.
peurile counter example

And you still haven't figured out the fact that FB and NL are not the same.
your brain cant correlate like i said.

Saying the same thing twice, huh? Effect of not actually understanding what it means.

Prove it!. Show me one feature on FB that exists exclusively i.e. only on both FB and NL that exists on no other site.

this question shows you missed the point by a far mile.

And yet you still can't spell "have" or accurately place a ",". Educate yourself because everytime I waste my precious time replying to your nonsense, I'd expect you to learn at least a little from it.
now ur advertising your
foolshness for all to see.
You'll argue inanely nxt tht uve never heard of internet culture or mssgg formats .
Where brevty and trunctn is d norm.
You expct long hand writng and formal pen and papr editing..!
You just discovered the internet right?

enlighten ur self about history of like button here.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Like_button
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by asalimpo(m): 3:14am On Dec 15, 2014
Nathan2222:

A graph? Are you that silly? You are right, I could do way better than responding to your ignorant posts but I choose to.
are u a programmer? Or u jst visited here to argue vacuously?
Any knowledgble person wud ask u the question u just asked:
"Are u silly?"

Graph site Wow, I didn't realize it was this bad with you.
i was arguing with a fool apparently .You dont know what i meant by 'graph site'.
You only wntd to hastly display ur ignorance - speakg ur shallow mind

Saying Seun copied from FB just because you saw a "like" button that exists on NL is just as dumb as saying cnn.com copied from cnet.com just because you saw a navigation menu on cnn.com.
broken analogy.

Just look in a mirror. You're the one who can't figure out the difference between a forum and a social media site.

your soap box..

To "use" a feature? Do you get tired of making nonsensical statements
the oddity us you havnt or are incapbl of logically explaing ur stand only quick to write off.
A symptom of gross deficiency

That statement, this whole argument is based on the silly baseless assumption that NL copied FB.

That's as foolish as saying because two kids have smilar features, their parents "copied" each other.
Another broken outta place counter example. Do some thinkg bf countering. Parents cant externally reproduce physcal features in their offsprings even if they wanted too.

Again - ur advertsg ur shallowness here.
If ur counters are so shallow and outta place ,is it suprisng tht u can't grasp d gist of wat i was sayng ?

Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by Ajibel(m): 3:17am On Dec 15, 2014
Arguing that "dislikes" would improve the quality of posts cant hold on NL. For instance, when a folk posts about GEJ, GMB supporters would dislike it while GEJ supporters would like it. How would you then guage the relevance of the post that'd have 150likes and 180 dislikes A dislike feature wont be cool for Nairaland IMPO
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 15, 2014
asalimpo:
Hmm. Non existent connection...
After this post , go sleep.
I tot i was replying som1 who cud
think. But your gray matter isnt mature
enuff for grasping anything except
cusswords

An understandably dumb comment coming from someone who can't even spell "isn't". You aren't merely foolish, it's existed in you for so long that it's become part of your DNA

peurile counter example

Foolishly denying the obvious, nice one. And it's puerile, go to school.

your brain cant correlate like i said.

And this is coming from a person whose brain couldn't even co-ordinate its self long enough to enable you spell "can't".

this question shows you missed the
point by a far mile.

And this statement confirms I've been talking to a hopeless dummy.

You foolishly claimed NL copied FB because of a like button and yet you ignored the fact that such an absolutely nonsensical statement is just as stupid as saying that every site "copied" the navigation menu or comment box.

now ur advertising your
foolshness for all to see.

And you can't even spell "foolishness". Look in a mirror before you project.

You'll argue inanely nxt tht uve never
heard of internet culture or mssgg
formats .
Where brevty and trunctn is d norm.
You expct long hand writng and formal
pen and papr editing..!
You just discovered the internet right?

Nope, I just follow rules:

21. Please spell words correctly when you
post, and try to use perfect grammar and
punctuation.

But your fundamentally degenerate brain wouldn't comprehend that.

enlighten ur self about history of like
button here.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Like_button

This just confirms you've not been reading my posts because I posted that link almost 20 posts ago. Dummy, read before you post.

asalimpo:
are u a programmer? Or u jst visited here to argue vacuously?
Any knowledgble person wud ask u the question u just asked:
"Are u silly?"

Any knowledgeable person would as you: Why are you so hopelessly foolish?
And then send you here for education

i was arguing with a fool apparently .

Go look in a mirror.

You dont know what i meant by 'graph site'.
You only wntd to hastly display ur ignorance - speakg ur shallow mind

Ignorant dummy with a degenerate brain, educate yourself

broken analogy.

It's only broken to someone who is broken.

your soap box..

... is meant for holding soap, what do you use yours for?

the oddity us you havnt or are incapbl of logically explaing ur stand only quick to write off.
A symptom of gross deficiency

Deficiency? Have you read your post? If animals could talk, they'd be weeping at the level of foolishness displayed by you.

Another broken outta place counter example.

Again, it's only broken to a person who is broken.

Do some thinkg bf countering. Parents cant externally reproduce physcal features in their offsprings even if they wanted too.

Such foolishness. I see you've never heard of plastic surgery.

Again - ur advertsg ur shallowness here.

If I'm shallow, there's no hope for you.

If ur counters are so shallow and outta place ,is it suprisng tht u can't grasp d gist of wat i was sayng ?

Is it supposed to be odd that a person with a degenerate brain thinks my counter examples are "outta place"
Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by asalimpo(m): 10:22am On Dec 15, 2014
Nathan2222:

An understandably dumb comment coming from someone who can't even spell "isn't". You aren't merely foolish, it's existed in you for so long that it's become part of your DNA

hahaha. Ooh its a cuss out u were itching for all along, agbero.
I'll oblidge u.
But my time is precious.

First,you're a degenerate half wit.
I've been here a long time,made posts n commnts.
I'v not read any meangfl thread or commnt from u apart from ur trite cusswrds.

2. Ur a halfbrain fool. You probably suffer from partial strke with half of ur face dead as u type right now, because bsc concepts just xcape u.

In instnt mssgg culture ur actg up cuz u sb doesnt reply in long hand-mumu. Wen nxt ur sendg sms go d lng hand route as a rule.
D smrter,faster wrld is more instnt. Ode

Foolishly denying the obvious, nice one.

And this is coming from a person whose brain couldn't even co-ordinate its self long enough to enable you spell "can't".

stabbing rant of an epileptc mind. The charred remns of ur gray matter cant link d similarts btwn NL and fb. Not to even grasp what is meant contxtlly by a graph.

Began spewg sub terranean imbecility wen u encountered d term,instead of quietly researchg it or askg politely fr clarifctn

And this statement confirms I've been talking to a hopeless dummy.
at least the yolks in my brain hav hardened. Urs hav refused to so any thing greater in concept than cussng gets u wrked up.
I can imagine u began using straight jackets from 6mnths of age!! Go get a lobotomy. Half brain

You foolishly claimed NL copied FB because of a like button and yet you ignored the fact that such an absolutely nonsensical statement is just as stupid as saying that every site "copied" the navigation menu or comment box.

find better adjectvs than 'foolishly' bf i read ur junk. I'm tired of ploddg thru ur kindergatten logc gashed by trite colorless cusswords.
Use that pulsing remaing gray matter back again.

And you can't even spell "foolishness". Look in a mirror before you project.

pass .....

Nope, I just follow rules:

But your fundamentally degenerate brain wouldn't comprehend that.

there's nothng u intellgnt u spew, so talkg of comprehension from an agbero makes me wonder.
U shudnt've dropped out of primary school to head for d parks.

This just confirms you've not been reading my posts because I posted that link almost 20 posts ago. Dummy, read before you post.
ur post consisted in three syllables: foolish,nonsense, baseless.
Thats all ur epileptc brain cud muster.

Besides, hope you had d presence of mind to research on d like button on wikipedia? It confrmd wat i said.

Run along now ... Tout

Re: Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post by asalimpo(m): 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
Similarities btw NL and fb:

page feature.
On a face book post.

like,
comment,
share,
Tag photo, full story, more

NL post features:

quote, report, like, share

NL fb intersect (FB n NL):

like,share,report(to d mods. Not necessarily inspired by other sites), pix ( though nL has it in d profile page and its only 1, but it provides visual information about d member)

twitter features:

follow/unfollow

NL intersect.
Follow/unfollow.
[/b]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help On Being A Good Computer Science Student / Java Internship Full Time / Jamb Past Questions API In JSON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.