Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,732 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Review This Poem Pals. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Review This Poem Pals. (952 Views)

What Poetic Devices This Poem Used? Help! I Am Not An English Speaker / Please Who Has This Poem? Help Me Please!!!!!! Gbemisola Adeoti: Ambush / Lovers Of Literature. Do You Remember this Poem?:NIGHT FALL IN SOWETO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Review This Poem Pals. by nonso3k(m): 11:32am On Jun 25, 2008
SHE LOOKS SO ANGELIC
YET SHE DENIES HER BEAUTY
A BEAUTY SO COUSPICUOUS
THE WORK OF A MASTERHAND
YET SHE DENIES THAT SHE IS THE BEST
WITH EYES LIKE DOVES
LIPS LIKE A SCARLET THREAD
NECK LIKE AN IVORY TOWER
YET SHE SAYS THIER IS ONE BETTER
IF THERE WAS ONE EVER BETTER
SHE MUST HAVE BEEN A GODDESS
AND IF THIER IS ONE CLOSE TO HER SO PRETTY
THEN SHE MUST BE AMONG THE ARCHANGELS
EVERYTHING ABOUT HER IS SO ARTLESS
HER MERE PRESENCE EXHILIRATES EVERYONE
IF SHE'S NOT THE BEST THEN THE WORD "BEAUTY" IS MEANINGLESS.

ALL RIGHT RESERVED.
Re: Review This Poem Pals. by nonso3k(m): 11:48am On Jun 25, 2008
stillwater could you mail me at nonso3k@yahoo.com.thought i did catch you online.
Re: Review This Poem Pals. by TrueBrit: 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2008
Poetry Section please angry
Re: Review This Poem Pals. by Janji(m): 12:53pm On Jul 05, 2008
My review is that this peom relates to someone or people who think they aint beautiful
come to think of it, beauty is in diverese ways
i think the peom is nice because it got me thinking about what we sometime have that we think is not good enough
we cant be too sure anyway
these happens in everything we do, we are good at something and we think we aint
I will try to relate this poem beyond being beautiful
it can be seen in a variety of ways
it is also like putting on a cloth and you are told it is very beautiful, there goes your doubt, you put off the cloth and i say to myself
after being tired of assuring you, 'that cloth is fine and she/he doesnt know it, if that cloth is not beautiful then what is ?

Nice one
Re: Review This Poem Pals. by nonso3k(m): 10:07am On Jul 24, 2008
pls review

(1) (Reply)

Dear Mum....... (..... To The Mothers We Lost) / My Story : Life As A Student. / Story: Another Morning At The Bar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.