Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland (5081 Views)

Buhari Should Organise A Sovereign National Conference Now / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year / Jonathan Rules Out Sovereign National Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Caseless: 12:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
Afam4eva: I think the people that have been against the SNC and the restructuring of Nigeria are the Northerner elites because truth be told, they gain a lot from the current arrangement which was made possible by many years of Northern rule through the Military. Holding an SNC will mean that they will lose these privileges and won't want that to happen.
igbos will always point fingers at others for their woes and forgetting how they imbibed d habit of hate and that of carrying arms to fight d gov't whenever a particular set of people feel they need to press home their demand, like u ppl did thru ur imaginary biafra.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
Your hate for Igbos is out of this world. Don't forget that this Niger Delta republic is not only made up of Ijaws and Igbos will be intertwined in there somehow. Seperating Igbo from ND is tantamount to seperating butter from bread or vice-versa. Igbos and Ijaws mustn't be in one country and i actually think shouldn't be in one country but saying there won't be some form of cooperation is wishful thinking. The Ijaws in Rivers have some sort of ideology different from those in Bayelsa. That's why Barcanista's position is different from yours. Ijaws and Igbos are more related than you think. Only Rivers Ijaw people will understand that. Anyways, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
Butter and Bread do not have to go along every time na even though they share some xtics as complementary goods but just extremely partial complement as other alternative alliances abound !!!

It should be noted that Most Southern Nation is represented in ND and therefore ND is difference from SouthSouth ....... !!

The Southern Nigeria is better chart in an unwishful event of Division !!!

I believe in Nigeria therefore, GOWON !!!
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2013
For nigerian to work, we need SNC, and if SNC holds, Nigeria will be history!

1 Like

Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
Jenams: For nigerian to work, we need SNC, and if SNC holds, Nigeria will be history!
This is a lie !!!
SNC shall strengthened Nigeria unless some bigoted people highly desired to see an end to these country !!! .......Nigerian Army is on standby unless that is the wish of the entirety of such Nationality bearing in mind the Minority embedded there-in

In the Longrun of SNC, Majority view shall be uphold while Minority view shall be protected as such Nigerians view shall be represented in a document (Constitution) that shall be produced therefrom !!

N.b Majority view does not equate Majority Tribe/Ethnic same goes for Minority view doesn't equate Minority Tribe !!!
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Emperor007: 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
SNC is long over due.

The earlier we hold SNC, the better for everybody.

Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by IGBOSON1: 1:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
caseless: igbos will always point fingers at others for their woes and forgetting how they imbibed d habit of hate and that of carrying arms to fight d gov't whenever a particular set of people feel they need to press home their demand, like u ppl did thru ur imaginary biafra.

^^^Stop sounding like a bastard! Afam is right in that though elite from all ethnicities/regions are proving to be a stumbling block in the speedy convocation of a 'sovereign' national conference; even a blind man can see that the biggest opposition to it is coming from the core north!

Face here and now, and stop clutching at straws!
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by IGBOSON1: 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
donroxy: Butter and Bread do not have to go along every time na even though they share some xtics as complementary goods but just extremely partial complement as other alternative alliances abound !!!

It should be noted that Most Southern Nation is represented in ND and therefore ND is difference from SouthSouth ....... !!

The Southern Nigeria is better chart in an unwishful event of Division !!!

I believe in Nigeria therefore, GOWON !!!

^^^You sound like Musiwa! undecided
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by IGBOSON1: 1:31pm On Sep 26, 2013
Jenams: For nigerian to work, we need SNC, and if SNC holds, Nigeria will be history!

^^^Not necessarily bros.

If all component parts come to the round table with no preconceived notions of superiority and sense of entitlement.....willing to see all as equals with non given any 'political' advantages over the rest; and if some more blessed than others realise that they can't be swimming in wealth while their brother starves, then Nigeria will not only survive but thrive!
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^You sound like Musiwa! undecided
Wow, That Legend in satellite picture !!!

Thank You smiley !!!
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by ijawcitizen(m): 2:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
Afam4eva:
Your hate for Igbos is out of this world. Don't forget that this Niger Delta republic is not only made up of Ijaws and Igbos will be intertwined in there somehow. Seperating Igbo from ND is tantamount to seperating butter from bread or vice-versa. Igbos and Ijaws mustn't be in one country and i actually think shouldn't be in one country but saying there won't be some form of cooperation is wishful thinking. The Ijaws in Rivers have some sort of ideology different from those in Bayelsa. That's why Barcanista's position is different from yours. Ijaws and Igbos are more related than you think. Only Rivers Ijaw people will understand that. Anyways, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
See Igbo man begging for Bilateral relationship and Claiming relationship with Ijaw!!! What a pity.

FYI, slicing Igbo land away from Niger Delta is as easy as winking of eyes. We are no related to Igbos, abi na by force?

Ideological difference? LWKMD!!!!!

The only ideology difference I know is the one that exists between Joe Igbokwe, Osodi Osuji and the rest of Igboland. Or should I mention the Ideological difference between Delta Igbos, Ikwerre and the rest of Igbo land?

Have a nice day, Mr. Butter & Bread!
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by ijawcitizen(m): 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
Abagworo:

You refuse to see the bigger picture. South-South is highly intermingled and you can never erase a stake holder or it might still lead to more wars. Every tribe that lives from Port-Harcourt all the way to Bonny are mix of Igbo and other ethnic groups.
Mr. Abagworo, It is clear that your head stinks of stupidity & delusions.

Na you mix am?
See what landlockophobia is doing to your head?
I should stop educating ragworms like you because we shall all be alive to see the disintegration of the country, then you would hear more of me as I take charge of the security of our North-eastern borders. North& South Korea borders is gonna be a child's play.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by IGBOSON1: 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2013
Afam4eva:

^^^Afam, his hatred for Igbos is legendary! grin

I keep on telling people that this slimy worm is not Ijaw! You only see him appear to make divisive and hateful comments when there's any talk of a synergy of efforts between ethnicities of the old eastern region to help further our collective interests in this country.....e no wan take ear hear say Ndigbo are in friendly relations and co-operation with ANY other ethnicity in the South South, and this belies his true intentions: not wanting a unified voice that can challenge the existing status-quo in Nigeria!

The raw facts on ground show the bastard is fighting a loosing battle!
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Caseless: 3:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Stop sounding like a bastard! Afam is right in that though elite from all ethnicities/regions are proving to be a stumbling block in the speedy convocation of a 'sovereign' national conference; even a blind man can see that the biggest opposition to it is coming from the core north!

Face here and now, and stop clutching at straws!
u are bereft of that intellectual ingridient to dispute the poin i've raised, rather, u resorted to insult. Ur inclination makes u arid in terms of construction and point to tell who was right btw afam and i. Face what i'v said, if u have eyez.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by pandriod: 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Afam, his hatred for Igbos is legendary! grin

I keep on telling people that this slimy worm is not Ijaw! You only see him appear to make divisive and hateful comments when there's any talk of a synergy of efforts between ethnicities of the old eastern region to help further our collective interests in this country.....e no wan take ear hear say Ndigbo are in friendly relations and co-operation with ANY other ethnicity in the South South, and this belies his true intentions: not wanting a unified voice that can challenge the existing status-quo in Nigeria!

The raw facts on ground show the bastard is fighting a loosing battle!

Stop sounding like a cursed camel. Every Ijaw man must like the ibos? aren't you the deluded goon here. I lived most part of my life with ijaw people in nembe, soko, kaima, mbiama, sagbama communities and I know most them would rather die than to live with ibos. There are many places in Bayelsa and Rivers State that ibos are not allowed to own properties. Goto Degema and Abonema and see for yourself. What about Oloibiri, sagbama, Ogbia in Bayelsa state? Ibos are not allowed to buy house in Amoku community in rivers state as we speak.

Even the ikwerre man still don't want to identify with ibos, these are your so-called distant cousins. Let me tell you, the ibo man has chance of becoming anything in Yoruba land than south south. Can you show me any principal political office holder of known ibo origin in rivers state or bayelsa state? Why is it that you people like writing nonsense on nairaland? If I haven't spent like 15 years in ijaw land, I'll think am dreaming. What kind of people are you?

4 Likes

Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
Anambrian,living in Rivers!

My position at the SNC.

We have experiment Nigeria and it is not working!
Rather than stay too close an burn each other, l.et us stay a bit apart and grow uniquely.

Enough of blood shed!
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
@Afam, Igbo Son and Ijaw Son....

I understand the position of Ijaw Son as regards to what transpired during the civil war between BIAFRA soldiers and Ijaw people.

I understand the robust relationship between both groups before the sour experience of the civil war.
Ijaw boy is ryt about abuse towards Ijaws by the Igbo soldiers(of which Ijaws responded accordingly). However, for us to move forward we must put all these behind us.
In fact there have been intra-clashes among the Ijaws since time immemorial.
Nembes Vs Kalabaris
Okrikans Vs Elemes
Okrikans Vs Ogonis
Kalabaris Vs Mbiamas
Okrika(Koniju) Vs Okrika (Tuboniju) etc
Does it mean that the Ijaw nation should split? Does it mean that Okrika Kingdom be divided? Thankfully the Ijaw nation are now embracing unity, not even the political dispute between Ameachi and GEJ could break it(for avoidance of doubt Amaechi is a Bas.Tard for working against ND interst). Of recent oil wells from Rivers were ceded to Bayelsa, that didn't bring any dispute btw the Kalabaris and the Bayelsans despite the fact that they both disagree on the ceding of the wells.
We must move beyond the Civil War ugly incident. It will be foolhardy to say Ijaws and Ibos has no form of historical relationship. Hence, while maintaining our respective soverign states, there is need to have a smooth relationship with our Biafran brothers. Remember, the Igbos support for GEJ is unquestionable and I so appreciate them for that.

Long Live Okrika Kingdom
Long Live Ijaw Nation
Long Live ND republic
Long Live BIAFRA republic

No Vacancy In Aso Rock
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Mylove55(f): 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2013
D solution to our problem is with us,just be ur brotherkeeper as one big family,love ,honesty to one another,dat is how d western world grow.no matter where u come frm.just love.u can use d oil money to better everyone,as one pple.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Afam4eva(m): 6:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
barcanista: @Afam, Igbo Son and Ijaw Son....

I understand the position of Ijaw Son as regards to what transpired during the civil war between BIAFRA soldiers and Ijaw people.

I understand the robust relationship between both groups before the sour experience of the civil war.
Ijaw boy is ryt about abuse towards Ijaws by the Igbo soldiers(of which Ijaws responded accordingly). However, for us to move forward we must put all these behind us.
In fact there have been intra-clashes among the Ijaws since time immemorial.
Nembes Vs Kalabaris
Okrikans Vs Elemes
Okrikans Vs Ogonis
Kalabaris Vs Mbiamas
Okrika(Koniju) Vs Okrika (Tuboniju) etc
Does it mean that the Ijaw nation should split? Does it mean that Okrika Kingdom be divided? Thankfully the Ijaw nation are now embracing unity, not even the political dispute between Ameachi and GEJ could break it(for avoidance of doubt Amaechi is a Bas.Tard for working against ND interst). Of recent oil wells from Rivers were ceded to Bayelsa, that didn't bring any dispute btw the Kalabaris and the Bayelsans despite the fact that they both disagree on the ceding of the wells.
We must move beyond the Civil War ugly incident. It will be foolhardy to say Ijaws and Ibos has no form of historical relationship. Hence, while maintaining our respective soverign states, there is need to have a smooth relationship with our Biafran brothers. Remember, the Igbos support for GEJ is unquestionable and I so appreciate them for that.

Long Live Okrika Kingdom
Long Live Ijaw Nation
Long Live ND republic
Long Live BIAFRA republic

No Vacancy In Aso Rock
I've been hearing about what Igbo did to Ijaws during the civil war from some Ijaws and i'm wondering why those events were not recorded like others that happened at that time. Anyways, who i'm i to doubt that such things happened. Afterall, i wasn't there. If those events happened, it didn't happen because Igbos hate Ijaws but because some people found themselves at the helm of affairs and probably thought they could do and undo. That's pure human nature. Even people from the same ethnic groups have subjected their fellow tribesmen to some agonizing experiences. Igbos fight Igbos, Ijaws fight Ijaws, Yorubas fight Yorubas. It's just what it is. We shouldn't dwell on that because people who perpetuate such acts are not representing anyone but themselves.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by ijawcitizen(m): 10:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
BARCANISTER, Don't be a fool!

Afam4eva & Igbo son, you guys can't fool us!

The Igbos are still fighting the civil war with us, they still nurse the ambition to to make all of Niger Delta Igbo land someday. IGBOS ARE CONSTANTLY IN A CAMPAIGN OF CALUMNY AGAINST IJAWS.

We see and take note of all your thoughts as expressed here on nairaland, other social interraction media, all thru' the internet and books/articles written by Igbos. All your thoughts and analysis are bereaved of OBJECTIVITY, but filled with parochial sentiments, half truths, outright lies, insults,acrimonius and hateful comments against the Ijaws and the values we stand for.

You should stop believing these NEWLY FORMED & WELL ENGRAVED PROPAGANDA of Igbos being behind Jonathan's electoral success, Pls do an analysis of the 2011 election results with reference to TOTAL NUMBER OF VOTERS & TOTAL VOTES CASTED FOR PDP in each region to see for yourself which region voted massively for Jonathan.

Also consider how the GREATEST "HERO" of Igboland, Ojukwu used the last breath that he had to campaigned against Jonathan, but for IBB of all people. Earlier, he insulted all Niger Deltans and Ken Saro Wiwa during his trying moments.

Up till this moment, the Igbo campaign of Calumny against Niger Deltans is still very much on. These are people who don't see anything wrong in their past misdeeds and are ready to repeat them at any given opportunity.

Igbos MUST explain to us how Ijaw "betrayed" them.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 26, 2013
ijaw citizen: BARCANISTER, Don't be a fool!

Afam4eva & Igbo son, you guys can't fool us!

The Igbos are still fighting the civil war with us, they still nurse the ambition to to make all of Niger Delta Igbo land someday. IGBOS ARE CONSTANTLY IN A CAMPAIGN OF CALUMNY AGAINST IJAWS.

We see and take note of all your thoughts as expressed here on nairaland, other social interraction media, all thru' the internet and books/articles written by Igbos. All your thoughts and analysis are bereaved of OBJECTIVITY, but filled with parochial sentiments, half truths, outright lies, insults,acrimonius and hateful comments against the Ijaws and the values we stand for.

You should stop believing these NEWLY FORMED & WELL ENGRAVED PROPAGANDA of Igbos being behind Jonathan's electoral success, Pls do an analysis of the 2011 election results with reference to TOTAL NUMBER OF VOTERS & TOTAL VOTES CASTED FOR PDP in each region to see for yourself which region voted massively for Jonathan.

Also consider how the GREATEST "HERO" of Igboland, Ojukwu used the last breath that he had to campaigned against Jonathan, but for IBB of all people. Earlier, he insulted all Niger Deltans and Ken Saro Wiwa during his trying moments.

Up till this moment, the Igbo campaign of Calumny against Niger Deltans is still very much on. These are people who don't see anything wrong in their past misdeeds and are ready to repeat them at any given opportunity.

Igbos MUST explain to us how Ijaw "betrayed" them.
sir I'm not a FOOL. I know the history of the Ijaw nation. We Ijaws can't allow the past to blind us, we must move forward. Your utterances against the Igbo is uncalled for. I can tell of the relationship between the Ijaws and the Igbos that predate the Civil war.
While Igbos may think that Ijaws are their brothers, I'm yet to see an Igboman that lay claim to Ijawland. Even during the civil war, they never laid claim to any portion.

Please its wrong to deny Igbo support for Jonathan, its very clear to the blind man-ignore some articles in the press.

As for Ojukwu campaigning against GEJ, I didn't read it anywhere, maybe you will help with the link.

@Afam: there were lots of abuse by the Biafran soldiers during the war.

But like you rightly put it, it may be some bad eggs who took pleasure in oppression of others.

My premise is that the bond existing betwEen us and the Igbos predate my own Father, so we need to move ahead.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Onlytruth(m): 11:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
barcanista: sir I'm not a FOOL. I know the history of the Ijaw nation. We Ijaws can't allow the past to blind us, we must move forward. Your utterances against the Igbo is uncalled for. I can tell of the relationship between the Ijaws and the Igbos that predate the Civil war.
While Igbos may think that Ijaws are their brothers, I'm yet to see an Igboman that lay claim to Ijawland. Even during the civil war, they never laid claim to any portion.

Please its wrong to deny Igbo support for Jonathan, its very clear to the blind man-ignore some articles in the press.

As for Ojukwu campaigning against GEJ, I didn't read it anywhere, maybe you will help with the link.

@Afam: there were lots of abuse by the Biafran soldiers during the war.

But like you rightly put it, it may be some bad eggs who took pleasure in oppression of others.

My premise is that the bond existing betwEen us and the Igbos predate my own Father, so we need to move ahead.

When people like you show up here to discuss Igbo/Ijaw relationship and history, FAKE Ijaws like "Ijaw-citizen" disappears. Just hang here for a while and engage that guy indeptly on Ijaw issues; you will see that he is anything but Ijaw.
I personally think he is either Yoruba or even Fulani.
He has only ONE interest in EASTERN POLITICS, and that is DIVISION, nothing more.

You talk like a human being with HUMAN SENSE. The so called "Ijaw-citizen" talks like an animal. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by tomakint: 11:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
It was on 21st Feb 2005 when Obj convoke something similar to SNC under the name National Political Reform Conference (NPRC or Confab) under the able Chairmanship of Justice Niki Tobi! Despite the salients points raised to be discussed (from electoral act, review of Oputa Panel to new revenue allocation formula) the Confab ended a failure as a result of issues of resource control and six-year single term for political office holders! The question is, how do we make SNC a success?
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by ijawcitizen(m): 3:38am On Sep 27, 2013
@Barcanister,

You may not have come to understand the Igbo philosophy as it pertains to the Ijaws and all Niger Deltans because of the relationship YOU may have established with them to the extent of advocating "LOTS" of Bilateral relationship with the Igbo country, why the rush? Is it even up to you to decide?

There is no SE/SS unity anywhere, what exists is a situation where political elites from SW, NW & NE are ganging up against president Jonathan, leaving enlighten, unbiased & well meaning individuals from these zones, and the people of SS, SE & NC to be on THE OTHER SIDE as a direct consequence of such gang up. When election time comes, these political elites would be disgraced again as the voting pattern would not change from 2011. Nigerians are now wiser than the politics of hate and acrimony they are playing against president Jonathan.

Mind you, apart from Igbos kidnapping & selling themselves to us and some other forms of trading, we don't share any other form of interraction, talk less of relationship. Igbos are not our only trading partners, we traded with almost all groups in Nigeria in ancient times, even up North along the River Benue. You seem not to know the meaning of that word -RELATIONSHIP.

But unlike you, I understand the Igbo philosophy & Ideology very well and I'm not blinded by their pretence. I'm not surprised you're very ignorant of these 'cos there are very many of you out there. I'm glad you've admitted to certain degrees of unenlightenment.

The Igbos believe that the Niger Delta is their foothold, their birthright and they have absolute control (without regards to any contrary ideology) over the destiny of every Niger Deltan WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT! Any contrary ideology on their way to annex ND must be CRUSHED!

The ideology extents to the cultural assimilation of the Niger Delta to become Igbos in the near future. A feat they have achieved in previously non Igbo territories like Ndoki (Ijaws), ORU-igbos (Ijaws), Delta Igbos (Edoid), Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ndoni etc (all Edoid people). Now they working very hard with the intent of making Opobo & Bonny one of such unfortunate victims of cultural assimilation.

They believe we all have a COMMON DESTINY with them, and they see the Yorubas & Northerners as a threat to that ambition. That is why despite us not being related to Igbos, they lament how their "brothers" betrayed them in support of their enemies.

The term "brother" in this context is not the regular meaning we know of. The Igbos crushed US the so called "brothers" with every form of unimaginable cruelty and made us prisoners in our own land before & during the war, they even went as far as reproducing "the exile of Israelites into Babylon"

The "brotherhood" they profess is not brotherly love for Ijaws but an expression of their pain that a part of their conquered territory are fighting against them. This is the crust of the bitterness Ojukwu and all Igbos have against us, for not being loyal servants of our Igbo masters. They hate us because according to them, "we stupidly gave our oil wells to far away people rather than to them" . So you see from this statement, they believe they are our gods and we have no mind or will of our own.

Since the days of Dappa Biriye & Adaka Boro, we have vowed to forge our own destiny, and any attempt by any individual (within & outside Ijawland) or people to go against our God Given right & quest self determination MUST & WILL be crushed by whatever means necessary.

3 Likes

Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by MafiaMan: 3:40am On Sep 27, 2013
Onlytruth:

When people like you show up here to discuss Igbo/Ijaw relationship and history, FAKE Ijaws like "Ijaw-citizen" disappears. Just hang here for a while and engage that guy indeptly on Ijaw issues; you will see that he is anything but Ijaw.
I personally think he is either Yoruba or even Fulani.
He has only ONE interest in EASTERN POLITICS, and that is DIVISION, nothing more.

You talk like a human being with HUMAN SENSE. The so called "Ijaw-citizen" talks like an animal. cheesy

Stop deluding yourself!. Move out of your basement for once and visit ijaw land. Let me help you out, can you show me any active Ohaneze Ndigbo in any part of ijaw land? We get to hear Ohaneze Ndigbo in Kano, Lagos, Ekiti, and other parts of the country making political statements about market and what have you, but not in places like Bayelsa. The ijaw people are extremely intolerant to bullshits and can make all non ijaws go into extinction within their community, should they try any nonsense like creating political office. The guy you are praising may even be an ibo settler in okrika. Most of my friends claiming okrika are actually ibo settlers from Abia State. Even Patience Jonathan is from Abia State.

The problem with you guys is mass delusions. The most annoying thing is that you don't even know the road to ijaw land or haven't spent 2 seconds in any part of ijaw land in your life and you are here spewing nonsense and dreaming. Though, the Ijaw Citizen appeared to be extreme with his choice of words, but he's not different from what his folks think and say about ibos here.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by asha80(m): 3:55am On Sep 27, 2013
Mafia Man:

Stop deluding yourself!. Move out of your basement for once and visit ijaw land. Let me help you out, can you show me any active Ohaneze Ndigbo in any part of ijaw land? We get to hear Ohaneze Ndigbo in Kano, Lagos, Ekiti, and other parts of the country making political statements about market and what have you, but not in places like Bayelsa. The ijaw people are extremely intolerant to bullshits and can make all non ijaws go into extinction within their community, should they try any nonsense like creating political office. The guy you are praising may even be an ibo settler in okrika. Most of my friends claiming okrika are actually ibo settlers from Abia State. Even Patience Jonathan is from Abia State.

The problem with you guys is mass delusions. The most annoying thing is that you don't even know the road to ijaw land or haven't spent 2 seconds in any part of ijaw land in your life and you are here spewing nonsense and dreaming. Though, the Ijaw Citizen appeared to be extreme with his choice of words, but he's not different from what his folks think and say about ibos here.

you want to tell me that there are no igbos in ijawland?are you willing to bet on that?
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by ijawcitizen(m): 4:03am On Sep 27, 2013
Barcanister, Let us listen to what our "brothers" have in stock for us:

"If Ijaw, Efik, Ibibio, and Ogoni
want to join us, they will be free to do so as equal
partners. If they elect not to, they will be at
liberty to so elect but what they cannot do is
interfere with Igbo's access to the sea. Igbo's
access to the sea is through Igbo land of Igweocha
(Port Harcourt).
If these folks elect to form their
own Republic (into which they have indicated no
provision for Ikwere), Igbo will not try to access
the sea through Warri, Bayelsa, or Cross River/
Akawa Ibom; Igbo will mind its business by going
through its Igweocha to the sea. But if these folks
interfere, they risk extinction from Igbo's
response!"

www.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NIgerianWorldForum/conversations/topics/322503

Barcarnister, you are from Okrika so you surely understand the ethnic composition of the city. Which part of the so called Igboland in Port Harcourt is having access to the sea that Igbos are threatening us with EXSTINCTION?
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by MafiaMan: 4:15am On Sep 27, 2013
asha 80: you want to tell me that there are no igbos in ijawland?are you willing to bet on that?

There are plenty ibos in ijaw land, but they are irrelevant.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by Nobody: 5:21am On Sep 27, 2013
This thread is not for Ijaw Vs Igbo

we are talking unity ,common goals,respect and progress here ...!!!

What transpires on this thread between some Ijaw and some Igbo dudes is the same reason why SNC has been unable to be convened !!!

Make Una no vex!!!
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by badmeat(m): 5:37am On Sep 27, 2013
Afam4eva:
you always say people hate igbos,don't igbos hate other tribes!I believe the ND can exist without the igbos!!
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by asha80(m): 7:01am On Sep 27, 2013
Mafia Man:

There are plenty ibos in ijaw land, but they are irrelevant.
relevant or not does not interest me....what i wanted to puncture in what you wrote was presence.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by luckyDon1: 7:30am On Sep 27, 2013
ijaw citizen: Barcanister, Let us listen to what our "brothers" have in stock for us:

"If Ijaw, Efik, Ibibio, and Ogoni
want to join us, they will be free to do so as equal
partners. If they elect not to, they will be at
liberty to so elect but what they cannot do is
interfere with Igbo's access to the sea. Igbo's
access to the sea is through Igbo land of Igweocha
(Port Harcourt).
If these folks elect to form their
own Republic (into which they have indicated no
provision for Ikwere), Igbo will not try to access
the sea through Warri, Bayelsa, or Cross River/
Akawa Ibom; Igbo will mind its business by going
through its Igweocha to the sea. But if these folks
interfere, they risk extinction from Igbo's
response!"

www.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NIgerianWorldForum/conversations/topics/322503

Barcarnister, you are from Okrika so you surely understand the ethnic composition of the city. Which part of the so called Igboland in Port Harcourt is having access to the sea that Igbos are threatening us with EXSTINCTION?
It is now clear that your hatred towards Ndigbo is pathological.But if you must know,the average igbo man doesn't hate the Ijaws or any ND nation and can live with them peacefully but in the event of the distengration of this country and Ijaws votes against co-existing with Ndigbo,then so be it!
I will also like to advise u against banking on your oyel as the US and China which are our highest oil buyers have discovered shale gas in massive quantities in Alaska.There have been drastic reduction in their oil import.So know that by 2016,the US will be energy sufficient and will even be the highest exporter of oil.

Secondly,haven't u heard that oil has been discovered in commercial quantity in Anambra state?Are u also aware that River Niger dregding is underway which will give room for economic expansion.Anyway Ndigbo are very enterprising and an average Igbo man shows little or no intrest in it.And have u really cared to check of what use will oil be in the world be in the next 20 years taking into consideration that the world is going greener by the day.

My points are;
Ndigbo are very friendly and bears no grudges against the Ijaws or any ND nation.

Your hatred towards the the Igbos will do u no good.Listen to the advice of your brothers.

And finally you don't even represent the views of the mainstream Ijaw or any other major ND nation.
Re: Sovereign National Conference Thread On Nairaland by SaintEddie: 8:05am On Sep 27, 2013
Tribe: Tiv
State: Benue

@Barcanista and Bad meat, ur comment are just but trash, how do u mean the areas/states generating revenue (producing oil) be given 50 or 80% of what they generate? See the way u guys reason, so self centered. Pls want to bring us back to the memory lane, do u know that Lagos, calabar and some other cities were built from resources that was generated from the northern part of the country? Especially Calabar (groundnut pyramid in kano) then everything was equally distributed and even the so called oil in the SS that u guys are so proud of was exploide with the groung nut and cocoa money. Well, u guys can talk trash but then I blame the northern leaders whose eyes are still blind, its time for them to wake up and bring back the glory of the north thereby going back to Agriculture that the north was known for rather than fight for oil money cos even if Nigerians leave the ss state alone with the oil to control, they will kill themselves all. Ish! Well for the SNC, I am not in support cos I forsee disintegration of it come to pass that snc is held.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scientists In Canada Announces The Successful Treatment Of Ebola Virus / What If Buhari Does Not Win ? / VIDEO : Man Climbs PowerLine: Threatens To Commit Suicide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.