Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? (6867 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? / Stock Market: Questions And Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by richylook: 12:22pm On Jun 25, 2008
cry cry cry
Many experts believe the stock market is going to crash soon. I saw an headline to that effect in the paper. will it actually crash and what will be the effect on you and me
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by Gettolove(m): 1:38pm On Jun 25, 2008
what else will the market experience more than the downturn going on, well if you ask me, what is happening is not strange to a market that is determined by the forces of DD and SS.
I strongly beleive the market will soon bounce back and stabilise,what is currently happening was predicted by experts in the industry.The same recess is also affecting the asian market while the American market saw its own recently when the dollar was loosing strenght compared to other currencies and now the dollars has recovered.

If you are buying for long term you can buy now and keep but you can watch the market closely before buying if for short term.Even at that, i recommend the following stocks as a good buy anytime anyday:

Dangote sugar
gtb
costain west africa
nahco
platinum
dangote flour
Access
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by ucheuche1(m): 10:31am On Jun 26, 2008
wat abt wapic insurance. i'm upbeat on buying plenty of it nw. UBA too. wat do u tink GETTOLOVE.
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 26, 2008
Soon ke!!
The whole damn thing crashed totally. If you haven't lost enough. I lost more than is possible.
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by eminemkayc: 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2008
AM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS!! PLEASE LET IT CRASH VERY QUICKLY AND LET US THINK OF BETTER WAYS TO MAKE MONEY AND BE CREATIVE FOR ONCE IN THIS FATALLY USELESS COUNTRY RATHER THAN ADOPTING INDOLENCE BY TRADING IN STOCKS. IV ALREADY CONTACTED MY BROKER AND HE'S ADVCING ME PROFESSIONALLY ON MY REMAINING EQUITIES ON THE FLOOR, PLLLEEAASE CRASH NOW ABEG!! grin grin cool cool
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by woodboi(m): 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2008
na u get your mouth
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by eminemkayc: 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2008
na u get your mouth

MEANING WHAT?PLEASE REASON WITH ME! AND GET REAL lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by toluxa1(m): 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2008
eminemkayc:

AM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS!! PLEASE LET IT CRASH VERY QUICKLY AND LET US THINK OF BETTER WAYS TO MAKE MONEY AND BE CREATIVE FOR ONCE IN THIS FATALLY USELESS COUNTRY RATHER THAN ADOPTING INDOLENCE BY TRADING IN STOCKS. IV ALREADY CONTACTED MY BROKER AND HE'S ADVCING ME PROFESSIONALLY ON MY REMAINING EQUITIES ON THE FLOOR, PLLLEEAASE CRASH NOW ABEG!! grin grin cool cool

THAT'S NONSENSE

Gettolove:

while the American market saw its own recently when the dollar was loosing strenght compared to other currencies and now the dollars has recovered.

No the American market has not stabilized at all. I beleive it will but right now its hasnt stabilised. Even thought FED said yesterday that it will keep interest rate steady (at 2%) it stressed that the will likely be inflation soon
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by marosky(m): 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2008
eminemkayc:

why are you talking like this.stop being pessimistic.
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by Ibime(m): 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2008
Whether soon or not, it may crash eventually if their dodgy accounting practices are not put in check.
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by buttyelele: 2:13pm On Jun 26, 2008
The downturn of the stock exchange is not perculiar to nigeria alone. i live in the uk, where the inflation rate has gone up to like 3.5% from 2%,food prices has gone so high,amreica is not left out as she faces one problem or the other, particularly with the economy. the truth is we now live in a globalised world, where we are affected by a range of activities, from oil prices, to food shortage. the americans and the british stock exchange have not really been affected because they have moved away from the securities market as a major source of financing, but we are just tapping into it.

What we should know is that the prices of stock is determined by demand and supply, and people tend to go in one direction when something is happening, for instance the uniform declaration of financial statement recently announced by the apex bank, the probe of unethical practises by the house of assembly on the banks, could also be responsible. The banking sector has been mainly responsible for moving this sector (stock exchange) so any hiccup affecting the banks can aslo affect the stock exchange.

In my opinion i think it is normal and shouldnt be seen as crashing, it should however be seen as an opportunity for the wise to buy , buy and buy, since the prices are going down, because when this little events are over, you will probably smile to the bank.
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by olekus(m): 2:28pm On Jun 26, 2008
Well, it is a sign for us to look in another direction to acquire stable wealth. So many other lucrative businesses are available like  farming, poultry etc,
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by alliednetw(m): 2:43pm On Jun 26, 2008
The feared crash is not going to happen.The market is only experiencing some corrections.
Stakeholders have been meeting to stem the slide and firm up things.Causes of the recent
prices meltdown have been identified and neccesary actions taken.In coming weeks,i expect
a gradual rise in prices.Though one will admit that some investors' confidence have been shattered
and will take time to be rebuilt,the market will always create wealth for investors who know what
to do at this point.
Buy when others are selling and sell when others are buying.
Buy low and sell high.
Infact, buying now is a great thing to do.Afterall life is all about risk, but well calculated risk
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by fotodaddy: 2:47pm On Jun 26, 2008
eminemkayc:

Correct talk
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by lucabrasi(m): 2:48pm On Jun 26, 2008
pls i want to buy more could anyone advice on which sector to invest in pls
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by achinu(m): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2008
All stock markets have to correct themselves at a certain point. The Nigerian market had a nice run-up & it needs to let some air out. If you're a long-term investor in the markets, a dip in value usually allows for you to buys some stocks at a bargain!
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by raystanley(m): 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2008
Well, to me there is nothing like Consolidation of Nigerian Banks & Inssurance companies etc., this was an avenue to rob Nigerians in the name of giveng them an unfaithful assurance. It is only the Almigthy God, that will interven into this matter of Stock Market Crash because we the investors are now a victim of the deceits in the Stock Market.

Stanley.
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by brauneyes: 3:36pm On Jun 26, 2008
As a Stockbroker, i would say that the crash was imminent, i have warned my friends that invest in the nigerian capital market to be wary.
The market in Nigeria is still growing and one should expect this type of situation.
The typical nigerian investor is bullish to a fault and wants to invest in the morning and reap 30 to 100% gain at close of market.
That is not feasible as the stock market is not a lottery.
Again, investors should try to invest for the long term and to be able to know what they are getting into before calling their brokers to invest in what he(broker) thinks is best for him(client).
As Warren Buffet says " Do not invest in any company that you DO NOT understand what they do"
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by eudio(f): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2008
this is the right time to buy cool
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by CARUSO(m): 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2008
I smelt the leaking gas from afar!!!
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by raystanley(m): 4:07pm On Jun 26, 2008
Please, do anyone have appropraite information abou UBA Shares Certificate, uptill now i have'nt got mine. If I had got my UBA shares cert. I would'nt have been in this mess (Nigerian Stock Market Creash) if you have information about it Please, don't hesitate to holla me on 01-8915391.

Stanley
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by mafolayomi(f): 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2008
Pls Dangote still selling shares now?
if yes like how much will one need to buy the smallest of Dangote shares? am thinking of buying it for my sis.
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by mafolayomi(f): 4:31pm On Jun 26, 2008
Pls is Dangote still selling shares now?
if yes like how much will one need to buy the smallest of Dangote shares? am thinking of buying it for my sis.
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by LAKANYE(m): 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2008
[b]It is very obvious that the economic perspectives of the current US economy is nothing to write home about. The Dow Jones, Nasdac, D&C, and all other "super"economic indicators of daily world economy portrayed bad economic and gloomy pictures of a downward sloping world economy; Thanks to the US Government for fucking up all the world economy by poking their "bussy body" big white noses on the affairs of the Arab countries, by invading IRAQ/AFGANISTAN, spending  borrowed monies to rebuild all the damages they had done around the world, and making poor countries and their individual citizens surffer for the consequences of bad American Government  of a bleeped up President BUSH and his dumb entourage. The World economy was invarsely affected by the 9/11 attarcks on the twin towers in NYC. Needless to say that two wrongs do not make a right, that the American invasions of IRAQ and AFGANISTAN were the ultimate reason for the current economic problems of the world as at date. The world economy partially crashed after economic effects of 9/11, but the debilitating effects were hidden and unknown to the world until now that it has become beyound repairs.
         The invicible nomenclatures of the forces of Demand and Supply can ONLY  work on a positively responsive economy, and not if the purchasing powers of individual aggregate implicative measures of the economic powers had adversely decline as it at the moment. The US Dollars is dropping down to its kneel at every close of the world market indicators, and Russian Government is begining to advocate for a change of world economic measurements fronm the US Dollars to some other measures.
To a layman in a typical local market like Oshodi market, all the layman know is going on is "it don't make no sence why a bottle of water will cost #500.00 or more, or why a taxi cab ride will cost so much due to an outrageous increases in petroleum prices at every winking of an eye of violence in oil enriched neighbohoods.
      I will advocate and pray for an absolute collapse of the world economy for a simple reason why one entity would feel he has the absolute monopolistic power to control the world economy at the detriment of the rest of the world. Let the rich people around the world loose all they had nefariously accumulated, and begin to live like the poor people in Bamuda, or some remote parts of the world. MAY THE WORLD STOCK MARKET CRASH, AND NEVER RECOVERS FROM ITS ACCIDENT;, THEN, WE SHALL ALL BECOME AS POOR AS CHURCH RATS, AND START FROM THE SAME LEVEL ALL OVER AGAIN.[/b]
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by LAKANYE(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2008
osinaike:

is there still hope for as at now market because i ve got my finger burnt

HOPE FOR ECONOMIC RESUSCITATIONS AROUND THE WORLD WILL, AND CAN ONLY COMES FROM NO ONE ELSE, BUT "THE ALMIGHTY GOD"
     THE GREAT BOOK SAYS, "CAST ALL YOUR BURDENS UPON THE LORD"
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by Finecat(m): 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2008
I think it's time for me to buy some shares. I will definitely [b]NOT [/b]be buying any banks shares. These banks are hiding behind crooked numbers and recent happenings in some banks scares me like hell, especially intercontinental bank.
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by RedHotChic(f): 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2008
I don't know much about stocks but I have sizable shares in Union bank, oceanic bank, zenith and dangote flour. Should i get rid of them now?
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by UNLEASHED(m): 10:36pm On Jun 26, 2008
People hoping and expecting it to crash will also crash in the name of any kind of god they serve.
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by hallagoni: 11:09pm On Jun 26, 2008
No! the stock market isn't going to crash. The downturn experienced right now in the market is as a result of irregularity by the respective stakeholders. Real soon i believe! things will pick up, But my best advice for a smart investor is to buy now cos the bulls are returning soonest, Today NSE market update shows it,
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by LAKANYE(m): 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2008
You are talking about micro~economics 101 here. But the reality of life is different from most of what we actually studied in advanced Economics classes. Today in the US, the DOW JONES, NASDAQ, S&grin, AND SAP all are at severe economic loss due to a $5.00 per barrel increases in price of crude oil, and an indication that huge credit card companies are at severe loss, and close to bankrupsy.

THE WORSE IS YET TO BE COME
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by eminemkayc: 7:56am On Jun 27, 2008
You are talking about micro~economics 101 here. But the reality of life is different from most of what we actually studied in advanced Economics classes. Today in the US, the DOW JONES, NASDAQ, S&grin, AND SAP all are at severe economic loss due to a $5.00 per barrel increases in price of crude oil, and an indication that huge credit card companies are at severe loss, and close to bankrupsy.

THE WORSE IS YET TO BE COME
AND THIS IS JUST THE BARE TRUTH OF THE MATTER!! THE FACT IS THAT MOST NIGERIANS DONT READ AND ITS UNFORTUNATE. LETS TAKE SOME TIME TO DO SOME RESEARCH AND WE WOULD OBVIOOUSLY FIND OUT THE IMPLICATION OF A SLIGHT CHANGE IN MARKET DOWNTURN. I STILL MAINTAIN MY OPINION!! CRASH!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is The Stock Market Going To Crash? by yinkaoke(f): 9:41am On Jun 27, 2008
IF THIS IS TRUE IT THEREFORE MEANS THAT THE WORLDS RICHEST MAN WILL NO LONGER BE AT NO 1 i.e Warren Buffet
HOW THEN CAN ONE BUY AT THE SECONDARY MARKET OR IS THERE ANY IPO's.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Withdrawing Bitcoin To Naira / Vfl - Scam / A Legit And Fast Paying Global Survey Site: $10 Withdrawal Threshold. No VPN!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.