Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,955 members, 7,821,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre (6629 Views)

‘metuh’s Firm Gave N500m To Buy Property On Banana Island’ / War Threats: Niger Delta Ex-militants Give Danjuma 7-day Ultimatum / Obiano: We Raised Anambra IGR From N500m To N1bn In Six Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 26, 2013

[size=15pt]Danjuma donates N500m to youth training centre[/size]

Former Minister of Defence, General Theophilus Danjuma, has donated N500 million to the Youth Centre for Industrial Training in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Danjuma also called on government at all levels to urgently take steps to check unemployment in the country to avoid a worse security situation.

The former minister made the donation yesterday at the second graduation of trainees of the centre set up by the retired Primate of the Anglican Church, Most Rev. Peter Akinola under the Peter Akinola Foundation, PAF.

He decried the high rate of insecurity in the country which he linked to the worrisome unemployment rate.

Danjuma said it was regrettable that unemployment and insecurity had now become the foremost challenges confronting Nigeria.

He also pledged an annual donation of N100 million to support the project.

The multi-million naira centre focuses on training unemployed youths to acquire skills in various vocations such as welding, electrical installation, tailoring, hairdressing, mechanic, vulcanising and masonry among others to enable them become selfreliant.

The Anglican Bishop of Asaba, Delta State, Rt. Rev. Emeka Mogekwu, also expressed concern over the unemployment situation in the country, stressing that it had poisoned the minds of youths against the society.

The cleric regretted that the country’s institutions were not producing graduates to meet the manpower need of a developing country like Nigeria.

He commended the Peter Akinola Foundation for setting the centre to empower youths, who would otherwise be roaming on the streets.

In his address, Akinola disclosed that he set up the centre as his own contribution towards solving the unemployment problem in the country.

He also said the management of the centre was exploring the possibility of affiliating it with the London Institute of City and Guild, saying that “our mission is to provide a world-class trade centre”.

Source: http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/danjuma-donates-n500m-to-youth-training-centre/
Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 26, 2013
... Nigeria we hail thee... I wonder if his salary could bring such amount...

They do these things so glaring for us to see as if dem do blood money and we know it is the fraudulent money they have sucked up....

God is watching and will feed them with their poo

3 Likes

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by warlei(m): 10:04am On Sep 26, 2013
This people be enriching ogun state.
Thanks anyway
Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by kilmix: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2013
He try

----------------------------------------

Am writing my LLB Final exams 2moro

How many like do I get for wishing me SUCCESS?

51 Likes

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 26, 2013
When i'm working hard to earn my fisrt N50m as a businessman, a former politician is donating N500m.

Why is power/politics now the way to riches ?? For me to donate N500m, it means i'm worth N50bn.

3 Likes

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 26, 2013
Thank you SIR!

My Chairman donating to my state. wink cheesy
Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by lincy(f): 10:28am On Sep 26, 2013
kilmix: He try
he try wetin, na him money ? Will I call it rescue mission, it too late tb joshua say revolustion to kick start by youth period no ammendment. More over we need a working system in the country not money donners money donation will not help matters but system will help. "Teach me hw to fish but don't fish for me". He is one of the biggest thiefs in nigeria 500m is way too small the money he stole that would have use to buld system in nigeria. There only saviour is them gentlelly return the money to federal gov. And remain silent. He has no good advice for us not even his appology wil reedem him.

1 Like

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 26, 2013
Nice try, but that's the people's money he gave back to them...

1 Like

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by nikkytruth(f): 10:34am On Sep 26, 2013
Thank sir, it is still our money. Other should also [s][/s]Vomit Donate.

1 Like

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 26, 2013
It's easy for anyone who had an oil bloc fall on his lap without working for it to portray himself as an altruistic philanthropist.

This back-stabbing retired general must think that all these "donations" will make us forget what he did to Ironsi.

Shall we compare N500 million with the worth of his oil bloc?

4 Likes

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by Emmanuel602(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2013
At least he is giving back to the public some percentage of what he stole from them

3 Likes

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by pembisco(m): 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2013

wch uni? Cos notin concern me if na ol diz unis owned by billionaire pastors *jst sayin my mind no b beef*

2 Likes

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by yuzedo: 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
so dis ugly genneral is still compititing wit me?? undecided

i loves sweet ice cream babes, he marry daisy danjuma. sad

i bougth oil block he beg for oil block. sad

am freinds wit govnors pressidents etc, his also roling wit boys in power.

i silently donates N1b to babes foundation he donate to ugly bois trainin center? well i win cos dat mean his gay! angry

13 Likes

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by validplanet: 1:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
This Association of Nigerian Graduates Against Unemployment should do fast and pay him a visit. maybe he should be a trustee. his money is needed.

2 Likes

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by aminho(m): 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2013
at least a Northerner is helping the western part of Nigeria later they will say cut us away from them,we all need each other were is musiwa
Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by ezedolar: 1:18pm On Sep 26, 2013
If I can steal half of what he stole I can do that too

1 Like

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by AbuMikey(m): 1:19pm On Sep 26, 2013
yuzedo: so dis ugly genneral is still compititing wit me?? undecided

i silently donates N1b to babes foundation he donate to ugly bois trainin center? well i win cos dat mean his gay! angry
Dike Anagbalizu!!!!!
Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by adconline(m): 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
A guy who robbed you at a gun point, you got and injured and taken to a hospital, now, he's paying for your medical bills. Only in Naija #OIN

1 Like

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by hopilo: 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2013
Stolen money that would have been used in building schools in the north then and these high rate of almajiris turning to boko haram today would not have existed.

1 Like

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by yuzedo: 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
Abu Mikey: Dike Anagbalizu!!!!!
are u a cia boy spy?? how did u no my grate chiftansy title?? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
yuzedo: so dis ugly genneral is still compititing wit me?? undecided

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Abeg park well..... na ur type?
Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by WildChild00(m): 1:22pm On Sep 26, 2013
Lolz! This same General T.Danjuma that said to have about $2 billion some years back and that he does not know what to do with the monies, considering his age, he has lots of oil well accross the country and estates, he was also a formal Minister of Defence to Formal President Olusegun Obasanjor.
Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by dridowu: 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2013

all da best bro
@topic, what else can i say than Kudos to Danjuma 4 donating 2 my state
Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by AbuMikey(m): 1:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
yuzedo:
are u a cia boy spy?? how did u no my grate chiftansy title?? undecided
gringringringrin

[img]http://3.bp..com/-uq1xArFbmAE/T5GjNmF-c7I/AAAAAAAAGNY/oRT4dS0y6Ic/s1600/Cool-Pictures1.jpg[/img]
Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by veraponpo(m): 1:25pm On Sep 26, 2013
WildChild00: Lolz! This same General T.Danjuma that said to have about $2 billion some years back and that he does not know what to do with the monies, considering his age, he has lots of oil well accross the country and estates, he was also a formal Minister of Defence to Formal President Olusegun Obasanjor.

If you dont know how to spell, Google is your friend.

While spoiling Chief Obasanjo's name like that? No 'r' for the sake of another time.
Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
Brb
Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by horlabiyi(m): 1:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
Is the money from his pocket or from FG
Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by ayodeji752: 1:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
WildChild00: Lolz! This same General T.Danjuma that said to have about $2 billion some years back and that he does not know what to do with the monies, considering his age, he has lots of oil well accross the country and estates, he was also a formal Minister of Defence to Formal President Olusegun Obasanjor.
Abacha
Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by Jeel: 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
I have always loved this man
Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by MARKREN: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2013
With the level of underdevelopment in his hometown Takum in particular & Taraba (his own state) in general, one begins to wonder about the significance of this gift to Ogun State.

I served in Taraba state and it level of development is miles away from Ogun state. Only 4 local governments out of the 17 or 18 have power. Education is nothing to write home about. Health services are poor, & corp member make up a sizable bunch of their medical teams all of their hospitals and health centers. Road and Infrastructure is another matter. Despite all these this is a state that has the potential to feed this country with its vast and rich land suitable for virtually all forms of agriculture & animal husbandry.

One would think that though his wealth is ill gotten, if he wanted to make a donations, he would remember his people first.

My 2 cents..................................

Nigeria a nation of paradoxes.....................................

3 Likes

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by adebayosun02: 1:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
Stolen money returned in a grand style

1 Like

Re: Danjuma Donates N500m To Youth Training Centre by aladon10: 1:53pm On Sep 26, 2013

what's LLB? Anyway goodluck

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba's Achievements-(catch Us If U Can) / See How Much Buhari's Daughter Spent On A Single Flight;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; / INEC To Meet Today Over Ban On Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.