Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,235 members, 7,957,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:28 PM

GTA V Review – The Unmitigated Benchmark In Gaming - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / GTA V Review – The Unmitigated Benchmark In Gaming (1199 Views)

What Are Your Saddest/worst/angriest Moments In Gaming? / Grand Theft Auto V Review / Is GTA V Likely To Come To Android Very Soon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTA V Review – The Unmitigated Benchmark In Gaming by vowiski(m): 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
Grand Theft Auto IV wasn’t that ground breaking despite every attempt to make it look like it was one stealer game. I haven’t had any terrible experience with any iteration of the highly rated Sandbox franchise. GTA IV gave enough reason not get carried away by the hype train of GTA V.

I will not try to waste time ranting about GTA IV, I really don’t think that’s important any more but what I do know is that GT A V is worth every hype and worth every penny. I tried not to fall for this game but then again, I realized how long it took the team to get a sequel to GTA IV. I thought Rockstar would be cooking something really fantastic hence the delay in production. My thoughts were accurate as playing GTA V for the first time was simply amazing.

Grand Theft Auto V is arguably the biggest game this generation, I am not exaggerating but I just can’t help but confess that GTA V is the ultimate benchmark in current-gen gaming. The scale of the game is jaw-breaking and attention to details is simply unbelievable. I really can’t explain what feeling I had playing GTA V, the unparallel vastness and depth of this game will make a lot of Hollywood blockbuster movies hide in shame.

Sandbox games normally do not have incredible graphics like FPS or TPS reason being that graphics is sacrificed to make the game run smoothly. All Grand Theft games usually have ridiculous graphics but the fun factor makes us forget all about graphics. What is graphics without a resplendent gamplay to make it enjoyable? That’s the case of Grand Theft Auto series but this time around, the Graphics on GTA V isn’t entirely ridiculous considering the unconvincing size of Los Santos and its environment. Although zooming at the some areas of the city can reveal some minor flaws but the way the game is crafted will make you forget that such a thing exists. The guys at Rockstar deserve a lot and I am truly impressed from what I have seen.

The visuals of GTA V are emotionally seductive. It brings to the question of whether next-gen is needed in 2013. GTA V clearly and remarkably pushed the ageing hardware to the very last limits. It is just astonishing to see lofty skyscrapers, rolling grasslands, Eagles shadows, alleys, desert stretches and lots more. There is nothing more to do than to get involved in exploration and sightseeing. This game has the ability to drag you into her world because it is clear that GTA V was developed in a gamer’s mindset. We love to explore things in a game and when this becomes a pain in the back-side, it won’t take long before such a game in dumped in the shelves where it would keep collecting dust. GTA V redefined the sandbox genre; it makes you feel every metric linear unit

Continue Reading
Re: GTA V Review – The Unmitigated Benchmark In Gaming by livingstoneony(m): 1:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
I can't wait to play this game and call of duty ghost
Re: GTA V Review – The Unmitigated Benchmark In Gaming by Tbase2: 3:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
Am so gonna hack my console .time to put my ps3 to the sword no more 1 hour gaming now it's from 4 and above
Re: GTA V Review – The Unmitigated Benchmark In Gaming by vowiski(m): 7:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
T'base:
Am so gonna hack my console .time to put my ps3 to the sword no more 1 hour gaming now it's from 4 and above
cheesy
Re: GTA V Review – The Unmitigated Benchmark In Gaming by liquidsnake: 4:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
I must say the graphics is superb. I spent my first day touring the game world. Got into a fight with someone I accidentally bumbed into and had to knock him out. Off course, I got my first star immediately. And, oh boy, the police force is very UNFORGIVING!!. I only completed less than 10% but restrain myself from rushing through the game. now go hunting in the grasslands. Drive around looking for thieves to catch, or police being killed by gangs to pick up guns or cash or go sea diving. Still looking for how to get a diving gear to stay long in water.

(1) (Reply)

Command & Conquer Generals / 500gig Ps3 Superslim For Sale!!!! / Play Station 3 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.