Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,408 members, 7,853,805 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:34 AM

Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? (27496 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Queen Asisat Oshoala Crowned Bbc Women Footballer Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Katsumoto: 2:13pm On Sep 28, 2013
Sagamite:

Why can't he be a justified winner? grin

24 games is not enough to see someones quality? Added with many games for national team?

It is not about who plays the most games, logically, you have to give consideration for injury within reason.

I am sure many strikers scored 20 goals that season but, unfortunately, I doubt they were Africans. grin

I just checked, Etoo who came 3rd for AFoY scored 6. Worse still, Etoo scored 5 goals in 9 games for the national team, while Mboma scored 9 goals in 9 games and was more of the heartbeat of the team, which was one of the top 2 (with Nigeria) in Africa then.

By the way, Mboma won in 2000, so I think you should be checking season 1999 - 2000 or the matches throughout 2000.

I think you also forgot that Patrick Mboma helped Cameroun win the Olympic football gold in 2000 (their biggest achievement), where again he was second highest goalscorer of the tournament and top goalscorer for his country with 4 goals (helping them despite their horrible defence). His goals as usual were vital, scoring in the QF and SF. And the goal in the SF was an 84th minute equaliser (as usual coming from his snap shots exemplified at 2.08 as well) and winning them the penalty that got them to the final.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--i2F3GLZYE

To summarise year 2000 for him:

- He was vital to the National team in winning the ACN, where he was one of the top goalscorers despite being the support scorer.
- He was vital to the Olympic team in winning the Gold, where he was one of the top goalscorers despite being the support scorer. Their biggest world football achievement so far.
- He was a star in his top European team. Support striker to Crespo.
- He scores fantastic and important goals when it counts.
- Very skilful and highly technical player.

That is very hard for any African to beat in that year.

He had won the award before the Olympics.

The stats don't support Mboma as a starter for his clubs. He joined Cagliari in 1998 and left for Parma in 2000. In two years, he played only 40 games for Cagliari. In a season, most starting strikers play at least 34-36. No doubt he was good in that period. But the point I am making, to counteract the point you made about Mikel, is that there have been players who weren't great for club and country but who won it.

One can argue that the only guys who were critical for club and country were Yekini, Weah, Abedi, Drogba, Etoo, Yaya. Most of the past winners won on the basis of what they did for country.

1 Like

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by COOLDUN: 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
Sagamite:

What kinds of fucktards are these ffs?

Why is it that products of a failed education system's explanation and solution to everything is "Us vs Them", evident by unsubstantiated conjectures of conspiracy?

Cretin, when Nigeria was winning AFoY rampantly in the 90s was it a Charlie Powell and Ricky Charlton that were running CAF? Hayatou then did not want everything to go to "their people" (THEM, the frequent basis of illiterate fucktards)? According to person products of a failed education system: Once someone that is not "one of us" is in charge, "they" are conspiring to put "us" at a disadvantage. "They" hate "us"!!!

To you happiness and satisfaction is if "one of us" wins? As long as he comes from a country colonised by the British? grin

So did Mikel win the European Champions league, African Nations Cup, English Premier League, FA Cup, Carling/Capital One and Europa Cup in 2012-2013 season or one year? Or in your moronic understanding, you did not realise AFoY is offered based on your season/year?

Big FOOOOL, let me put you clear even though I know that you recently escaped from the psychiatric hospital and went back to your smoking habit. Issa Hayatou and his Francophone is not singular they represent different nouns that was why I used plural word (are) so the bolded statement was beyond your comprehension as an educated illiterate you are. You exposed your STUPIDITY more online while trying to correct someone who is more educated and informed than you.

I personally don't care about who wins it but i only want it to be worn on merit and not otherwise. Mikel stands better than other shortlisted players. Take it or leave it. Only matured and truthful football followers know what i am saying and not a SIMPLETON like you.

To your myopic. Shallow minded, and dullard reasoning of the bases of winning of the APOY Award, both your past and present performances and achievements are considered, the roles you played in the past and present in your club and national teams boosts your chance of winning APOY Award.

I know you are still a kid who thinks that you have grown up by daily smoking weed and drugs, while you have not yet stopped wearing pampers, how would you see the politics in the CAF since Issa Hayatou became the CAF president, I know you are too myopic/blind to see it because you know nothing in the football politics, there is no point wasting my time with a novice like you because you will never learn, you think that watching football in the viewing centers and making noise makes you a football expert.

What do you know about football and its politics? When did you start watching football? All these street boys on nairaland forum who always jump into conversations with insults nowadays, you have no good family upbringing, if at all you have parents, I know they are worse than you, because a snake will always give birth to a snake. My comment was meant for people who are matured enough and know football and its politics and not a NONENTITY like you and your entire generation.

May I ask you this question as an educated professor how many books have you written? Can you give me the name of any of your books? so that I can look for them and know how good you are.

My advice to you is this: Please go back to your psychiatric hospital and continue with your treatment, if you were discharged by your doctor please go back and demand for the refund of your payment, sue the doctor and the hospital if they fail to refund your money ok.

And please look for another better hospital. And don’t fail to STOP SMOKING GUFU/DRUGS ok. They are very harmful to your brain ok. You have a title from today. CAF newly introduced the BEST LUNATIC OF THE YEAR AWARD, I am very glad to announce to you that you are the first winner of this award. Big Congratulation Mr. JUNKY.

2 Likes

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Prosperousmind: 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
Well i dont think mikel obi is worth being African's footballer of the year cause he is more lyk an average player in the field of football
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2013
Katsumoto:

He had won the award before the Olympics.

The stats don't support Mboma as a starter for his clubs. He joined Cagliari in 1998 and left for Parma in 2000. In two years, he played only 40 games for Cagliari. In a season, most starting strikers play at least 34-36. No doubt he was good in that period. But the point I am making, to counteract the point you made about Mikel, is that there have been players who weren't great for club and country but who won it.

One can argue that the only guys who were critical for club and country were Yekini, Weah, Abedi, Drogba, Etoo, Yaya. Most of the past winners won on the basis of what they did for country.

No o, Katsu.

He won it after the Olympics o. He was winner for 2000 and these things are named in the January of the proceeding year (2001), that is why the current AFoY is for 2012, we are still waiting till 2014 to know the one for 2013, which would not be Mikel. grin

He was the main man and heart of Cagliari, that is why Parma bought him. Think of Demba Ba at Newcastle before Chelsea, but only that Cagliari is more like Burnley or Reading without the top quality in midfield to supply strikers.

I agree with your point that mistakes have been made before. cheesy wink What I am arguing is that it is your entire football (club and country) that should count. I am for exceptions though if someone is so prodigious for country but club situation had an unforeseen K-leg. I think Mikel has been very good for SE but by no means has he been prodigious.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 2:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
COOLDUN:

Big FOOOOL, let me put you clear even though I know that you recently escaped from the psychiatric hospital and went back to your smoking habit. Issa Hayatou and his Francophone is not singular they represent different nouns that was why I used plural word (are) so the bolded statement was beyond your comprehension as an educated illiterate you are. You exposed your STUPIDITY more online while trying to correct someone who is more educated and informed than you.

I personally don't care about who wins it but i only want it to be worn on merit and not otherwise. Mikel stands better than other shortlisted players. Take it or leave it. Only matured and truthful football followers know what i am saying and not a SIMPLETON like you.

To your myopic. Shallow minded, and dullard reasoning of the bases of winning of the APOY Award, both your past and present performances and achievements are considered, the roles you played in the past and present in your club and national teams boosts your chance of winning APOY Award.

I know you are still a kid who thinks that you have grown up by daily smoking weed and drugs, while you have not yet stopped wearing pampers, how would you see the politics in the CAF since Issa Hayatou became the CAF president, I know you are too myopic/blind to see it because you know nothing in the football politics, there is no point wasting my time with a novice like you because you will never learn, you think that watching football in the viewing centers and making noise makes you a football expert.

What do you know about football and its politics? When did you start watching football? All these street boys on nairaland forum who always jump into conversations with insults nowadays, you have no good family upbringing, if at all you have parents, I know they are worse than you, because a snake will always give birth to a snake. My comment was meant for people who are matured enough and know football and its politics and not a NONENTITY like you and your entire generation.

May I ask you this question as an educated professor how many books have you written? Can you give me the name of any of your books? so that I can look for them and know how good you are.

My advice to you is this: Please go back to your psychiatric hospital and continue with your treatment, if you were discharged by your doctor please go back and demand for the refund of your payment, sue the doctor and the hospital if they fail to refund your money ok.

And please look for another better hospital. And don’t fail to STOP SMOKING GUFU/DRUGS ok. They are very harmful to your brain ok. You have a title from today. CAF newly introduced the BEST LUNATIC OF THE YEAR AWARD, I am very glad to announce to you that you are the first winner of this award. Big Congratulation Mr. JUNKY.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I couldn't help but laugh. grin grin grin

Look at this person! grin

A product of a failed education system that has shown he is one with his moronic "They hate us" rudimentary, uneducated mindset is talking about being educated. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

A person is talking about myopic but argues an award that recognises seasonal achievement should be based on entire history. grin grin grin grin grin

Then the person measures success of professors by how many books they have written. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Complete product of a failed education system! They do not even know how academics are assessed. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Katsumoto: 2:45pm On Sep 28, 2013
Sagamite,

I just want to agree with something Cooldun stated. There is heavy politics in CAF.

The North Africans bond together and the Francophone countries vote in bloc as well. The Anglophone countries on the other hand are not united. Also, the Francophone countries are led and controlled by Hayatou. Cameroun won the 1988 and 2000 AFCON because of Hayatou. The same sort of politics is present in UEFA and FIFA.

1 Like

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2013
Katsumoto: Sagamite,

I just want to agree with something Cooldun stated. There is heavy politics in CAF.

The North Africans bond together and the Francophone countries vote in bloc as well. The Anglophone countries on the other hand are not united. Also, the Francophone countries are led and controlled by Hayatou. Cameroun won the 1988 and 2000 AFCON because of Hayatou. The same sort of politics is present in UEFA and FIFA.

Bruv, I am sure there would be politics in any big organisation or any position of power especially an international one where money yafun. grin

But I am sure that politics would have very little bearing on an award based on voting on who excites you the most where you can not vote for your citizen. Especially a vote by head coaches and Technical Directors of FAs who are likely to have a significant headcount of foreigners.

Football is an entertaining game where performance can suppress discrimination. You no like black people does not mean you will not like watching Okocha or Ronaldinho play. grin
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by COOLDUN: 3:11pm On Sep 28, 2013
Katsumoto:

How strategic was Kanu to Arsenal when he won the award in 1999? He had just moved from Inter where he had scored 1 goal in 3 years (12 games).

How strategic was Mboma to Parma in 2000 when he won. He scored only 5 goals and played only 24 games (meaning he wasn't a regular)

Diouf won it twice based on what he did for Senegal and not what he did for Lens.

What about Hadji who scored only two goals for Deportivo in 1998. Most of his appearances were as subs.

Most of these guys won it based on what they did for their countries rather than what they did for club.

If I go back in time, there are even more examples of guys who won it while not playing for their clubs. Mikel has been a regular at a big European club for 7 years. And recently, he led the Eagles to winning the African trophy.

No one is more deserving.

My dear you really know football, from your comment every football historian would know that you are a veteran. Don’t mind the yesterday arrogant and uncultured brats who derive joy from insulting people online instead of arguing constructively. Goal keepers like Thomas Nkono of Cameroun(1979-Thomas Nkono (Cameroon and Canon Yaounde) and Badou Zaki of Morocco (1986-Badou Zaki (Morocco and Real Mallorca/ESP) won this award based on their performances in their clubs and national teams respectively as Mikel is doing rightnow. How good was F.Kanoute when he won it? He helped his club Sevilla FC to win Euefa Cup and his national team Mali to qualify for the AFCON.

I am a Man U fan for life, I am not Mikel fan, I am only a man who has been following this award since it inception and know how the winners are selected, sometime merited players don’t win it because of politics in the CAF management. When F. Kanoute won it Drogba left the place with annoyance and many people protested and criticized CAF for it but nothing was done. JJ Okocha lost it when it was clear that he was in the best position to win then, nothing happened. Politics and luck are involved sometimes.

I love your factual and constructive comment, keep it up my dear. When we see educated people we know not street touts that graduated in the mere glorified nursery schools they call university nowadays.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Katsumoto: 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
Sagamite:

Bruv, I am sure there would be politics in any big organisation or any position of power especially an international one where money yafun. grin

But I am sure that politics would have very little bearing on an award based on voting on who excites you the most where you can not vote for your citizen. Especially a vote by head coaches and Technical Directors of FAs who are likely to have a significant headcount of foreigners.

Football is an entertaining game where performance can suppress discrimination. You no like black people does not mean you will not like watching Okocha or Ronaldinho play. grin

Watching them play and liking it is not the same as voting for them. I get your point but human bias always comes in. When France Football organized the award from 1970 to 1994, francophone players won it 15 times. Anglophone players started winning in the late 80s with Kalusha, Abedi, and Weah. And they are all recognizable names. Some of the Francophone players that won it, you (generic) probably have never heard of them.

1 Like

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
COOLDUN:

My dear you really know football, from your comment every football historian would know that you are a veteran. Don’t mind the yesterday arrogant and uncultured brats who derive joy from insulting people online instead of arguing constructively. Goal keepers like Thomas Nkono of Cameroun(1979-Thomas Nkono (Cameroon and Canon Yaounde) and Badou Zaki of Morocco (1986-Badou Zaki (Morocco and Real Mallorca/ESP) won this award based on their performances in their clubs and national teams respectively as Mikel is doing rightnow. How good was F.Kanoute when he won it? He helped his club Sevilla FC to win Euefa Cup and his national team Mali to qualify for the AFCON.

I am a Man U fan for life, I am not Mikel fan, I am only a man who has been following this award since it inception and know how the winners are selected, sometime merited players don’t win it because of politics in the CAF management. When F. Kanoute won it Drogba left the place with annoyance and many people protested and criticized CAF for it but nothing was done. JJ Okocha lost it when it was clear that he was in the best position to win then, nothing happened. Politics and luck are involved sometimes.

I love your factual and constructive comment, keep it up my dear. When we see educated people we know not street touts that graduated in the mere glorified nursery schools they call university nowadays.

person, so why did Hayatou let Kanoute win it over Drogba? Is it because Drogba spoke better English and he hates English-speakers that much? grin

Nursery school? grin grin grin grin grin grin This is coming from a person that assesses professors by how many books they authored? grin
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by COOLDUN: 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
Katsumoto: Sagamite,

My dear brother, that guy is high on something go through all his comments and there you will see how useless he is. I am not commenting for people like him. He is always high on something.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by COOLDUN: 3:28pm On Sep 28, 2013
Sagamite:

person, so why did Hayatou let Kanoute win it over Drogba? Is it because Drogba spoke better English and he hates English-speakers that much? grin

Nursery school? grin grin grin grin grin grin This is coming from a person that assesses professors by how many books they authored? grin

I am very sorry for the country that still have the APES like you. Now i know that you reason with your mother's dirty holes. There is no point wasting my time with a NEVER DO WELL like you. If ever respond to your trashes again then know it that i am like your miserable father. Go on and expose your STUPIDITY more online, check your comments and know how people like them. Bragrat.

1 Like

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 3:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
Katsumoto:
Watching them play and liking it is not the same as voting for them. I get your point but human bias always comes in. When France Football organized the award from 1970 to 1994, francophone players won it 15 times. Anglophone players started winning in the late 80s with Kalusha, Abedi, and Weah. And they are all recognizable names. Some of the Francophone players that won it, you (generic) probably have never heard of them.

Obviously human bias would come into a vote, that is why Kanu won. grin grin grin grin grin

You know I hate democracy right from time. grin

In democracy, my opinion and many of those like COOLDUN would carry equal weight. Ko ni daa fun democracy! (E no go better for democracy). angry

I also think you have to consider the fact that very few Anglophone players played in the West prior to the late 80s. Anglophone countries are not as closely tied to their colonisers as Francophone countries. So there were more Francophone footballers (the best ones) heading to places like France to play. Obviously they would play at a higher standard as the leagues were more advanced and they would also be more visible to France Football journalists in a world that was less connected than we have today.

Also, obviously, France Football journalists would mainly visit more Franco-phone countries than Anglo-phone countries. So as an Anglophone footballer, to stand out with a chance to win, you must make your name at continental club and country level championships.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2013
COOLDUN:
My dear brother, that guy is high on something go through all his comments and there you will see how useless he is. I am not commenting for people like him. He is always high on something.

Who told you to comment "for" me?

Cretin! grin

COOLDUN:
I am very sorry for the country that still have the APES like you. Now i know that you reason with your mother's dirty holes. There is no point wasting my time with a NEVER DO WELL like you. If ever respond to your trashes again then know it that i am like your miserable father. Go on and expose your STUPIDITY more online, check your comments and know how people like them. Bragrat.

Cretinous product of a failed education system talking about doing well. grin grin grin grin grin grin

person! grin

I also think you meant "braggart". Mooron! grin
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Chartey(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
Jarus:

Saga, I don't know what you're sniffing these days. One Ghanaian listed Ghanaians and interspersed it with few others and call it Africa's Best 11, and you endorse.

Imagine saying KPB is Africa's best. He was never and is not Africa's best. He had his best season 2 seasons ago in ACM, andd even at his peak that season, he wasn't Africa's best that year. He was later shipped to Schalke, and here in 2013, you agree such a player is Africa's best.

The list is so crappy that I didn't bother to reply it, because I didn't even know where to start as it's nonsense from beginning to end.
KPB wasn't shipped Oga Jarus. He went back to Germany for family reasons. Even the Milanista were disappointed.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Chartey(m): 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2013
Jarus: My Top 10 African Players Oct 2012-Sep2013

1, Mikel
2, Yaya
3, Moses
4, Pierre Augyebang
5, Mohammed Salah
6, Alain Traore
7, Emmanuel Emenike
8, Jonathan Pitriopa
9, Stephne Sessegnon
10, Emmanuel Adebayour
Are u serious Adebayor?? I'm very sure u included Pitroipa n Traore cuz of Afcon. How can you rate Sessegnon for instance ahead of KPB? And Salah is not even the best Egyptian player. This list is so not it abeg.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Chartey(m): 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2013
Jarus:

In 2013? What are the highlights of his performance this year?

As for Muntari, I have never doubted his quality, but I have not watched him in recent time.
I find myself quoting your posts and it amazes me how little you know seem to know of football aside the EPL and the UCL. Muntari has been very consistent for Milan since last season. He isn't their best player but he is a key part of that team and even coming up with the odd goal occasionally
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Chartey(m): 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2013
Jarus: My Top 10 African Players Oct 2012-Sep2013

1, Mikel
2, Yaya
3, Moses
4, Pierre Augyebang
5, Mohammed Salah
6, Alain Traore
7, Emmanuel Emenike
8, Jonathan Pitriopa
9, Stephne Sessegnon
10, Emmanuel Adebayour
Pls just sit back and look at your list again. Loooooool
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Chartey(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2013
iszyboy: Have you guys forgotten so soon that kelvin prince boateng has retired from international duty? which automatically disqualify him from the award. Have you also forgotten that in 2008 abou treka of egypt correct me if am wrong in the spelling,won AFCON,CAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE,EGYPTIAN LEAGUE AND SEMI-FINALT in WORLD CLUB CUP, bt adebayor who didnt win any trophy won the award? have you also forgotten that in 2010 samuel eto' fills won UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE,WORLD CLUB CUP,ITALIAN SERIAL A and ITALIAN SUPER CUP, but drogba who only won premierleague nd fa cup won the award? have you also forgotten that in 2012, drogba won UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE and F.A Cup single handedle,but yaya toure who only won premier league won the award? for those of you saying that mikel derserves the award cus he won EUROPA LEAGUE and AFCON,dont also forget that moses outshined mikel in AFCON and EUROPA LEAGUE and also musa won RUSSIAN LEAGUE,RUSSIAN F.A Cup,AFCON,RUSSIAN SUPER CUP. Although the award is by voting, but your perfomrance matters which we all knows that yaya toure performs better than mikel this year be it club or international.
Ur 1st statement is wrong. KPB was on the bench in Kumasi against Zambia. He would hv played if he hadn't picked up a knock in training.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by fijiano202(m): 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
mu mu that was 2012 we are in 2013
Emmadani: passenger?Did u watch ucl final against bayern?Tel me who performed any beta dan mikel dat day.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by fijiano202(m): 5:08pm On Sep 28, 2013
Do u guys remeber mikel was not the MVP at the afcon 2013,i would rather give toure or pierre emerick aubameyang cos those are the top performing africans in Europe and still playing for Their country.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by bingbagbo(m): 8:15pm On Sep 28, 2013
mikel obi plays for chelsea because of michael eneramo or whatever, a nigerian technical director of chelsea...fact#
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by boron10(m): 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2013
bin gbagbo: mikel obi plays for chelsea because of michael eneramo or whatever, a nigerian technical director of chelsea...fact#
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
And Michael Essien is still in Chelsea because his 'daddy' is the manager of Chelsea.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Syenite(m): 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
bin gbagbo: mikel obi plays for chelsea because of michael eneramo or whatever, a nigerian technical director of chelsea...fact#
So y does Chelsea nt have a Ghanaian tech director?
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2013
boron10:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
And Michael Essien is still in Chelsea because his 'daddy' is the manager of Chelsea.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Good response! grin

1 Like

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by costandi(m): 11:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ayomax: una dey craze? coz he scored one goal for Chelsea in 7yrs, you think we should consider him for Africa footballer of the year. when Yaya dey there
One goal for Chelsea in 7yrs? I think you should be banned from using the internet. Cos people like you make the internet an unreliable source of info.

2 Likes

Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by COOLDUN: 12:15am On Sep 29, 2013
DJDOLA: Some nigerian are crazy walahi....if u can not support ur brother who else will support him....I believe if yaya toure is not better than mikel is people will support him no matter what....abi if yaya toure is nigeria and mikel is from ivory coast I trust nigeria they will vote for mikel

My dear that is what i am seeing here also, i know that there is no time everybody will like a person, but from the anger and tones i have witnessed from some people who are opposing Mikel’s selection in this nairaland , i come to know that some are because of personal hatred, bigotry, and jealousy.

We should not quarrel over someone's opinion because we feel that is doesn’t suit ours, this forum is like a classroom, where 40 students should represent 40 different essays/views, it is only science subjects that has one formula, any essay/composition should be different individual opinions, there is no point commenting on someone's comment with insults, this English language is a borrowed language which no one except the English people is perfect in it. As long as Nigeria is concerned the only single general communication language is English, which is a colonial language all of us studied in school through education which is an acquired knowledge while wisdom is pure natural.

The most important thing is the ability to pass your message and points across, but on nairaland some people see it as an avenue to show off their academically superiority and i know more than all mentality . while we all make the same mistakes, some of them even communicate in a short hand form of writing which is never recognized by any English institution.

The country is greatly divided in these lines : Tribal, Religion, Political Party, Football Clubs, Have Much, and Have None, i have read so many furious comments from people and looked deeply to see that these aforementioned groups are where their anger and arguments were derived from.

There is no way this country can be brought together with the kind of people we have in the country nowadays. Football which is the only the unifying factor in the country is fast failing, i wonder what else that will unite this country again. When someone is not from your Tribe, Religion, Party, Football Club, Class, whatever he/she does is never accepted. When you go to other countries you will see them speaking with one voice, as the Gabonese would proudly tell you in their French language, ''Les Gabonese Avant Touts'', meaning the Gabonese before all. But in Nigeria a foreigner is more preferred to our own people.

Nigerians are the enemies of themselves, there is no unity in division, people say that there is strength is diversity, but Nigeria is an opposite of this word. Thank you for your sensible observation once again.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 1:06am On Sep 29, 2013
COOLDUN:
My dear that is what i am seeing here also, i know that there is no time everybody will like a person, but from the anger and tones i have witnessed from some people who are opposing Mikel’s selection in this nairaland , i come to know that some are because of personal hatred, bigotry, and jealousy.

We should not quarrel over someone's opinion because we feel that is doesn’t suit ours, this forum is like a classroom, where 40 students should represent 40 different essays/views, it is only science subjects that has one formula, any essay/composition should be different individual opinions, there is no point commenting on someone's comment with insults, this English language is a borrowed language which no one except the English people is perfect in it. As long as Nigeria is concerned the only single general communication language is English, which is a colonial language all of us studied in school through education which is an acquired knowledge while wisdom is pure natural.

The most important thing is the ability to pass your message and points across, but on nairaland some people see it as an avenue to show off their academically superiority and i know more than all mentality . while we all make the same mistakes, some of them even communicate in a short hand form of writing which is never recognized by any English institution.

The country is greatly divided in these lines : Tribal, Religion, Political Party, Football Clubs, Have Much, and Have None, i have read so many furious comments from people and looked deeply to see that these aforementioned groups are where their anger and arguments were derived from.

There is no way this country can be brought together with the kind of people we have in the country nowadays. Football which is the only the unifying factor in the country is fast failing, i wonder what else that will unite this country again. When someone is not from your Tribe, Religion, Party, Football Club, Class, whatever he/she does is never accepted. When you go to other countries you will see them speaking with one voice, as the Gabonese would proudly tell you in their French language, ''Les Gabonese Avant Touts'', meaning the Gabonese before all. But in Nigeria a foreigner is more preferred to our own people.

Nigerians are the enemies of themselves, there is no unity in division, people say that there is strength is diversity, but Nigeria is an opposite of this word. Thank you for your sensible observation once again.

I really weep for Nigeria considering the amount of people that have this kind of mentality and then claim they are well-educated graduates. undecided

The cells that are meant for 'reasoning' in their brains are just dead!
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Profbenson: 1:57am On Sep 29, 2013
Mike obi,deserves to be Africa football of the year.
Stop beating youself,sell your kidney with just about 80,000,000 in india and its within three weeks.Can you call this number 08128249768.
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by Sagamite(m): 2:02am On Sep 29, 2013
Profbenson: Mike obi,deserves to be Africa football of the year.
Stop beating youself,sell your kidney with just about 80,000,000 in india and its within three weeks.Can you call this number 08128249768.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There is no scam Nigerians would not get involved in. grin
Re: Is Mikel Good For African Footballer Of The Year Award? by ColdTruth: 5:33am On Sep 29, 2013
Bonapart: ode! Were mikel g dey play? Na sunshine fc? U dey talk abt localy n internationaly

Lol...I presume what he actually meant was abt which of the two has made AFRICA proud on performance n regularity bases, both on African nd foreign soil!...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chelsea Fan Admits Verbally Abusing Manchester City Ace Raheem Sterling (Photos) / Henry Onyekuru Dances Zanku, Shaku Shaku And Gbe Body Eh At Entrance Show / Top 19 Jersey For Russia 2018 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.