Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Why Catholics Don't Kill Themselves - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Catholics Don't Kill Themselves (529 Views)

Catholics Don't Worship Mary / Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Catholics Don't Kill Themselves by Topsido(m): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
Do you remember the music of Boney M or those shine-shine wearing artistes who try to spoil our vision with the stage spot lights? Very few people sing like them these days and a group of sociologists at the University of Toronto and Freie Universität Berlin thinks it might be an indication that we are becoming more morose than before. The first time I heard Tiwa Savage’s Without My Heart, I thought it was going to be a very big hit but I was wrong. People’s taste for music have changed permanently and some researchers think this might be connected with our mood. Major key and high tempo music, they posited, is happier than minor key songs. Considering the number of major key, high tempo music that hit the top charts from the 1960s till now, it is very obvious that we do not prefer the sweet fast happy happy songs anymore. Even the so-called fast paced notes of today are not half as fast as those of the old. What is it with us? Could it be that we have grown a little unhappy in spite of our reduced hate, our ipads, smart phones, video games and internet? For the young adults, could it be that our parents, in spite of the Biafra war, or the slow mail system and boring sermons at church were happier than us when they were our age? (considering that they too, enjoyed the globally accepted songs alongside the native ones) Was it all patience that kept our mothers married to our fathers, and how were they able to carry on with so little information- without the kind of wisdom that is being shared from the modern day pulpit? This is not a piece to praise the old or mitigate the strides of the new, but a discussion to show how humanity might be in the threshold of a major decline, and how Africa, especially the least expected of her, might be the only tether by which humanity can hold on to civilization.

Full article at
http://topeapoola./2013/09/26/why-catholics-dont-kill-themselves/

(1) (Reply)

What Does He Save U From? / Everyone Can Say When He Goes To Sleep But No One Can Say When Sleep Came. / 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.