Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! (5445 Views)

Senators From The South Back Buhari On Inclusion Lag-calabar Rail In 2016 Budget / FRESH AIR In The Nigeria Police Force!! / FRESH AIR Bumper Harvest And Timelines!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by ENEONWO(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You cant take PROGRESS any longer? Are you a witch/wizard? Or are you the DEVIL himself?

What did you do when OBJ ruled for 8 years with nothing to show in the southeast? What is the legacy of OBJ's 8-year rule in the southeast? What is the legacy of Yar Adua's 3-year rule in the southeast? Ewu!

All the projects in my opening post are FACTS. You may need to go through them again, one after the other, and SLOWLY. After which you can return for a meaningful debate. I dont have time for EMOTIONAL outbursts.
Why you de vex,de call me "ewu" na? Answer my questions or own up to your lies and apologise to Nairalanders, if you still have some iota of shame. But, its clear that you have no shame/conscience. Otherwise, you would have recoiled, since your lies have been exposed. Pls, there is no Ohaozara-Uburu-. Ishiagu road in Enugu state! Abakaliki-Ogoja road remains a single-lane meandering patch-work.Which Okpala-Igwurita rd? Kai! What was rehabilitated in NNPC Aba?

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by luvmijeje(f): 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
ENEONWO: Why you de vex,de call me "ewu" na? Answer my questions or own up to your lies and apologise to Nairalanders, if you still have some iota of shame. But, its clear that you have no shame/conscience. Otherwise, you would have recoiled, since your lies have been exposed. Pls, there is no Ohaozara-Uburu-. Ishiagu road in Enugu state! Abakaliki-Ogoja road remains a single-lane meandering patch-work.Which Okpala-Igwurita rd? Kai! What was rehabilitated in NNPC Aba?
This is a serious allegation. Special adviser, please do the right thing by showing us pictures of all these roads.

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2013
ENEONWO: Why you de vex,de call me "ewu" na? Answer my questions or own up to your lies and apologise to Nairalanders, if you still have some iota of shame. But, its clear that you have no shame/conscience. Otherwise, you would have recoiled, since your lies have been exposed. Pls, there is no Ohaozara-Uburu-. Ishiagu road in Enugu state! Abakaliki-Ogoja road remains a single-lane meandering patch-work.Which Okpala-Igwurita rd? Kai! What was rehabilitated in NNPC Aba?
Let me dismiss your STUPIDITY with FACTS. I said stupidity because even if you'r IGNORANT about certain things, you could have used Google rather than expose your foolishness on NL.

Obiozara-Uburu-Ishiagu road is a 43 kilometer road in Ebonyi State and it links the state to Enugu because it ends at the Port Harcourt-Enugu Expressway. The road was constructed by Setraco
https://www.facebook.com/FMINigeria/posts/287015541425165?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C8908648848
http://www.setraco.net/project_det.php?id=77
http://fmi.gov.ng/latest/14862/

Read more about the reopening of NNPC Aba depot here
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nnpc-re-opens-aba-depot-10-years-after/119641/
http://www.nigerianorientnews.com/?p=1555

A simple search would have saved you this terrible embarrassment. It is not enough for EVIL minded goats to sit in the discomfort of their homes and WISH that these projects do not exist. I have all the FACTS of what I posted on my palms.

3 Likes

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by luvmijeje(f): 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2013
SAP, Those 3 links you provided are not facts. The first one is a facebook page. The second link is a map. The third one is not opening.
Please show us pictures.

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
luvmijeje: SAP, Those 3 links you provided are not facts. The first one is a facebook page. The second link is a map. The third one is not opening.
Please show us pictures.
Read his post. He said the road does not exist. I've shown that the road exist and was completed last year by Setraco. The facebook page is that of federal ministry of information. If you want to see the road, you can travel to Ebonyi and ask for Obiozara-Uburu- Ishiagu road.

The last link is Thisday news and should open. If it doesn't open on your system use Google to search for NNPC depot Aba and educate yourself.

I have now added MORE links. If you'r still not satisfied then you can go and eat fried STONE. I'm through with you.
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by luvmijeje(f): 5:37pm On Sep 28, 2013
Honestly, this boggles my heart. Our president wanted to ring an ordinary bell on NYSE floor, there was fanfare, maybe that's why I find it hard to believe that the President provided all this fresh scented air and there is no imagery to back it up. SAP, you are not doing your job.
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by taharqa: 11:26pm On Sep 28, 2013
luvmijeje: Honestly, this boggles my heart. Our president wanted to ring an ordinary bell on NYSE floor, there was fanfare, maybe that's why I find it hard to believe that the President provided all this fresh scented air and there is no imagery to back it up. SAP, you are not doing your job.
Will SHUT ya mouth and go play with yr mates?? Ya think this is 2go Or whatsapp??

I just hate it when IGNORAMUSES show themselves in public..... #BOUNCE
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by cjrane: 1:16am On Sep 29, 2013
[size=20pt]Why isn't the dualization of Enugu-Abakaliki expressway being talked about any more as part of Fresh Air in the SouthEast Region?
That road is part of the trans-African highway, in which the busiest section is the Enugu to Abakaliki section. The dualization of that Enugu-Abakaliki section have been promised by various politicians and even President Obasanjo to the SE,yet it has not been awarded till date.

The Governors of the affected state should take up this road with the relevant authorities. Moreso as it will be the only Federal dual carriage road to pass through Ebonyi State
.[/size]
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by ENEONWO(m): 8:43am On Sep 29, 2013
Insincere 9gerian, do u want to dodge all my questions by accussing me falsely? Where did say i Ohaozara (pls not Obiozara)-Uburu-Ishiagu rd does not exist?I said the rd is not in Enugu state.The single lane OHAOZARA-ISHIAGU rd starts from Ishiagu junctn of Enugu-PH way(in Ishiagu LGA) & ends in Uburu, in Ohaozara LGA both of Ebonyi state. Both ends are in Ebonyi state. If u cross the Enugu-PH rd straight from the Ishiagu end, you enter a junction leading to Ogboli-Awgu in Enugu state, but that does not mean the rd starts, ends or even passes thro any part of Enugu state. U get that? Now,back to my qstns:what was rehabilitated in NNPC-Aba? When did BridgeHead-Upper Iweka axis become 10 lane, or even 3 lanes? What about Okpala-Igurita rd(note that Igurita is in Rivers state)?I maintain that Enugu airport looks like motor park (bushy,no new infrastructure except run-way expansion, arrival hall not fully plastered).Abakaliki-Ogoja meander is being patched.Igbos are too busy to complain. 2015 wl do d complaining!
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by luvmijeje(f): 10:40am On Sep 29, 2013
taharqa: Will SHUT ya mouth and go play with yr mates?? Ya think this is 2go Or whatsapp??

I just hate it when IGNORAMUSES show themselves in public..... #BOUNCE

Total crap!
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Illuminatus(m): 10:50am On Sep 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I have created a number of threads on the impact of FRESH AIR all over the country but this thread will focus on the southeast.

The southeast is one of the six geopolitical zones in the country and has been unfairly treated by past administrations. The zone, along with the southsouth, gave GEJ the highest votes at the 2011 elections. In the most recent of the series of polls conducted by NOI, GEJ got the highest approval rating in the southeast, even ahead of the southsouth.

For all the support the southeast gave to GEJ, what is the region getting in return? Lets highlight some of FG interventions in the region in the last 2-3 years.

1. Completion of Onitsha River Port. Of all the River Ports being constructed by the FG (Baro, Lokoja,etc) Onitsha Port was the first to be completed. It is now being concessioned. Unfortunately, the concessioning process is taken too long. Yes, the Onitsha Port may not have gone commercial but the equipments being used by Julius Berger for initial works on Second Niger Bridge were delivered through the Port.

2. Construction of Oguta River Port in Imo State. That will be completed before the end of this year and concessioned too.

3. Anambra STATE University was among the 12 universities nationwide that received special impact funds in 2012. It got about N3billion.

4. FG is building a new N2.5billion federal secretariat in Anambra. None existed before now.

5. FG has completed the Onitsha-Owerri road

6. FG has expanded the Bridge-Head to Upper-Iweka section of the Enugu-Onitsha road to 10-lane. The whole stretch of the Enugu-Onitsha road will be completed next year. The road is covered by SURE-P.

7. The FG just awarded re-construction of Section I and II of Enugu-PH road at N90billion.

8. The Enugu International Airport is now open to business with the outside world with commencement of international flight operations.

9. The N13billion New international terminal is under construction at Enugu International Airport. It is the FIRST out of the 5 planned new international terminals to be built in Lagos, Abuja, Kano and PH.

9. Ebonyi now has a brand new teaching hospital. Thus, 5 DECADES after, the southeast now have 2 teaching hospital- University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Enugu and Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki (FETHA) EBONYI.

10. Ebonyi now has a brand new federal university. It is called Federal University, Ndufu-Alike,Ebonyi State.

11. Contract for the N100billion 6-lane Second Niger bridge has been awarded to Julius Berger. Julius started preliminary work around July and will complete it next month. Between October and November, the President will flag off actual construction work.

12. The PH-Enugu-Maiduguri railway rehabilitation will be completed in December.

13. The Southeast is well covered in the ongoing feasibility studies for modern railways across the country.

14. The Sam Mbakwe Airport in Owerri is one of the 11 Airports undergoing remodelling.

15. The N1.5billion Zik’s mausoleum and library being constructed in Onitsha.

16. Completion of work on Obiozara-Uburu-Ishiagu road in Enugu and Ebonyi States.

17. Completion of work on Abakaliki-Mbok (Ogoja Junction) road in Ebonyi and Cross-River States.

18. Completion of work on Owerri-Aba Road in Imo and Abia States.

19. Completion of work on Okpala-Igwurita road in Imo State.

20. Completion and commissioning of the crucial second 330KV Onitsha-Benin transmission line.

21. Completion of 1×7.5MVA power injection sub station each in Orafite and Amichi in Anambra states

22. Completion of 2×2.5MVA Eke distribution injection sub station in Enugu.

23. Completion of 7.5MVA power distribution injection substation in Trade fair area of Enugu.

24. Completion of 7.5MVA power injection sub station in New Heaven, Enugu state.

25. Rehabilitation and reopening of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, depot at Aba, Abia State. The depot was closed for over 6 years.

These are the ones I could recall now.

In summary, suffice to say that the East has had fair share of FG intervention within the period. In the next few months and years, it can only get better. And the people of the area will NOT stop demanding for dividends of their support for GEJ.
I hate big problems with number twenty four. In the past two months, we have less than three hours of electric power per day on average. When I visited the PHCN office in the area, they said it's cos they're alternating power between us and New Haven.
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 29, 2013
ENEONWO: Insincere 9gerian, do u want to dodge all my questions by accussing me falsely? Where did say i Ohaozara (pls not Obiozara)-Uburu-Ishiagu rd does not exist?I said the rd is not in Enugu state.The single lane OHAOZARA-ISHIAGU rd starts from Ishiagu junctn of Enugu-PH way(in Ishiagu LGA) & ends in Uburu, in Ohaozara LGA both of Ebonyi state. Both ends are in Ebonyi state. If u cross the Enugu-PH rd straight from the Ishiagu end, you enter a junction leading to Ogboli-Awgu in Enugu state, but that does not mean the rd starts, ends or even passes thro any part of Enugu state. U get that? Now,back to my qstns:what was rehabilitated in NNPC-Aba? When did BridgeHead-Upper Iweka axis become 10 lane, or even 3 lanes? What about Okpala-Igurita rd(note that Igurita is in Rivers state)?I maintain that Enugu airport looks like motor park (bushy,no new infrastructure except run-way expansion, arrival hall not fully plastered).Abakaliki-Ogoja meander is being patched.Igbos are too busy to complain. 2015 wl do d complaining!
I am not "insincere 9gerian". If you repeat that term again, then you'll wait for your response from whoever you were refering to.

Check my opening post again. What is written there is "Completion of work on Obiozara-Uburu-Ishiagu road in Enugu and Ebonyi States". So that takes care of whether the road is in Ebonyi or Enugu.

I dont know when last you went to Enugu Airport. The remodelling of the Airport is complete. But maintenance of any Airport anywhere in the world is a continuous process. What is happening now is construction of the N13billion new international terminal. The Airport is now open to the outside world. Aren't you happy about that? It is now an international Airport. Aren't you glad about that?

Read more about the work done on the 83 kilometre Abakaliki-Ogoja Road ( from the facebook page of federal ministry of information):

"The Federal Government is constructing weigh bridges on major roads nationwide as part of a deliberate policy to guard against damage to the roads by overloaded trucks.

Director of Highways in the South South, Mr. Chukwunweike Uzo announced this at the Abakaliki-Mbok Junction when members of the National Good Governance Tour Team inspected the newly completed Abakaliki-Ogoja road in Cross River State.

He observed that the abuse of roads by truck drivers through excessive overloading usually cut short the lifespan of roads.

“If we only have passenger cars driving on this road, it can even last 50 years. But we have a situation where you see people overloading even when the truck is full, they cut (tree) branches and add to the sizes of their trucks,” he said.

Speaking on the 83 kilometre Abakaliki-Ogoja Road, Mr. Uzo said the Federal Government undertook the construction of the road under the Road Sector Development Team with funding from the World Bank and the African Development Bank to provide access road from Nigeria to Cameroon.

He stated that the project which started from Enugu went through Abakaliki-Mbok-Ikom and terminated at the suspended bridge in Mfom"
https://www.facebook.com/FMINigeria/posts/507209175998662?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1205980686

As for the Bridge Head section of the Enugu-Onitsha expressway (item 6 on the opening post), read more about the expansion of that section of road to 10 lanes below:
http://www.punchng.com/news/traders-to-lose-market-to-onitsha-road-expansion/

Meanwhile, I asked you some questions earlier which you have not responded to. GEJ has been president now for 3 years and a few months. But before GEJ came to power, Yar Adua ruled for 3 years while OBJ ruled for 8 years. So my questions are:
1. What are the legacies of the 8-year rule of OBJ in the southeast?
2. What are the legacies of the 3-year rule of Yar Adua in the southeast?
3. Just in case 8 years not enough period for project commencement and COMPLETION (but we know that is not the case), what is the legacy of the COMBINED 11-year reign of both OBJ and Yar Adua in the southeast?

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by ENEONWO(m): 10:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
@Op, u said what u are not (not Insincere 9gerian) but u didnt say what u are.Before u run away in the pretence of being annoyed, note that am glad u have admitted u lied about "Obiozara-Ishiagu Rd in Enugu & Ebonyi state". I was in Enugu Airport in August. Its still looking like a motor-park. No proper security.The old wire-guaze fence persists. Nothing new except d expanded run-way. I was in Ipong, near Obudu for a burial on 15/9/13. I used the Abakaliki-Ogoja rd, which was just patched. My brother trades at Onitsha.He just confirmed d little BridgeHead-Upper Iweka axis is the same old 2-lane. The much touted Fed. University, Ndufu-Alike Ikwo in Ebonyi is operating from a secondary schl. For lack of hall,her post UME was conducted at Folks College, Ikwo.Now, ur questions about Obasanjo & Yaradua legacies in Igboland are neither here nor there,becos they didnt send anyone to Nairaland to lie about their legacies.If Yaradua failed the IGBOS, GEJ was his deputy! Dont listen to Labaran Maku's bad govnance tour!
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
ENEONWO: @Op, u said what u are not (not Insincere 9gerian) but u didnt say what u are.Before u run away in the pretence of being annoyed, note that am glad u have admitted u lied about "Obiozara-Ishiagu Rd in Enugu & Ebonyi state". I was in Enugu Airport in August. Its still looking like a motor-park. No proper security.The old wire-guaze fence persists. Nothing new except d expanded run-way. I was in Ipong, near Obudu for a burial on 15/9/13. I used the Abakaliki-Ogoja rd, which was just patched. My brother trades at Onitsha.He just confirmed d little BridgeHead-Upper Iweka axis is the same old 2-lane. The much touted Fed. University, Ndufu-Alike Ikwo in Ebonyi is operating from a secondary schl. For lack of hall,her post UME was conducted at Folks College, Ikwo.Now, ur questions about Obasanjo & Yaradua legacies in Igboland are neither here nor there,becos they didnt send anyone to Nairaland to lie about their legacies.If Yaradua failed the IGBOS, GEJ was his deputy! Dont listen to Labaran Maku's bad govnance tour!
Bridge Head section of Enugu-Onitsha road is a 2 lane road? I thought I was even having a debate with a NORMAL human being. Now I know better. I am through with you. I dont have time for mischief makers. Those who care about the details should follow the links in my earlier post.

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nigerianmovie(m): 11:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Bridge Head section of Enugu-Onitsha road is a 2 lane road? I thought I was even having a debate with a NORMAL human being. Now I know better. I am through with you. I dont have time for mischief makers. Those who care about the details should follow the links in my earlier post.

it beats my imagination that u wasted so much on this man. How could he say bridge head to upper iweka us 2 lanes.....since when?
sincere Nigeria learn not to waste on dumb.
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by cjrane: 1:36am On Sep 30, 2013
luvmijeje: SAP, Those 3 links you provided are not facts. The first one is a facebook page. The second link is a map. The third one is not opening.
Please show us pictures.

Why do you guys argue like wild animals? If you state something and some proves to you that it is wrong or false, just accept it or you provide counter argument to prove his information isn't the most current on the issue.

Telling ridiculous lies that the link cannot open,while people click the link and see it actually opened makes everything you have said before now to be considered a lie from an e.diot bent on wasting people's time.

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by ENEONWO(m): 10:02am On Sep 30, 2013
Insincere 9gerian, answer my questions and stop gyrating about ur axis! BridgeHead-Upper Iweka axis is a 2-lane (not 10 lanes) expressway. The other one (close to the fence of the moribund Premier Breweries) which some may erronously consider the 3rd lane is not part of the expressway. Its an internal Fegge layout road, which connects d upper part of Port Harcourt street, Miss Elems street and BridgeHead goat market). Pls, say what you know & stop deceiving people here! May i still put to u thatsad1) There was no rehabilitation of NNPC Aba, except that some vandalised pipes were changed (2). The Fed. University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo,Ebonyi State is being housed by a secondary schl.Some of her events take place in Folks College Ikwo. (3)Abakaliki-Ogoja rd (a single lane) was only patched (4) Onitsha & Oguta "ports" are simply sand-dunes (5) Enugu-PH rd was also patched. Am ashamed of talking about ur Fed.Govt transformer achievements. For these insults & many more, d Igbos pay back period is 2015. No noise about it!

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by achi4u(m): 10:57am On Sep 30, 2013
^^^
The Enugu -Abakaliki road are still construction with their slow motion attitude.
A single lane for that matter. But from Abakaliki to Ikom has been completed.
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2013
achi4u: ^^^
The Enugu -Abakaliki road are still construction with their slow motion attitude.
Why are you responding to that LUNATIC? A beg leave the guy to celebrate his FOOLISHNESS.
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Decryptor(m): 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
BOOKMARKED FOR FUTURE REFERENCE
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by Nebeuwa(m): 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
There seems to be "Fresh Air" in the South-East. Past administrations have neglected the region, but Jonathan seems focused on helping the South-East.

Can anyone name any development that was done in the South-East prior to Jonathan and after the civil war?

1 Like

Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by banki(m): 4:02pm On Sep 30, 2013
@SINCERENIGERIAN its obvious you work with the government while I have no problem with that, I just wish you relate the true feelings of Nigerians to mr president, to whom much is given much is expected, yesterday in one of the dailies am sure you saw pictures of one of the newly renovated airports with leaking roofs

your job is to launder the image of GEJ go ahead and do it but don't feed us with lies also endeavour to feed us with facts for example the how much money is going into some of this projects......I hate when the president and his people should just work and stop making it look like he is the best leader Nigeria ever had

I hear you are a dr does it not irritate you or annoy you that MR president says he has improved and fixed our hopitals and his wife is sick and she runs to Germany for months on tax payers money? is it not a shame that Doyin Okupe who I guess is your boss is mr presidents spokesman yet he is tackling corruption? are you not ashamed that we don't have any job creation figures? is it not a shame.....for whatever reason the university students have been home the whole time, and less attention is paid to it all the energy is going to resolve pdp crisises

It is also a shame that the minister of education is publicly more interested in Rivers state than his ministerial portfolio,the list goes on but since all of you don't have shame...
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by ENEONWO(m): 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
achi4u, please what kind of construction was done on Abakaliki-Ikom road if not patching? Was reasphalting work or was a new road created? How am i even achi4u is not Insincere Nigerian?
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by ENEONWO(m): 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2013
achi4u, please what kind of construction was done on Abakaliki-Ikom road if not patching? Was it reasphalting work or was a new road created? How am i to even know that achi4u is not Insincere 9gerian?
Re: FRESH AIR In The South-East!!! by ENEONWO(m): 5:50pm On Sep 30, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Why are you responding to that LUNATIC? A beg leave the guy to celebrate his FOOLISHNESS.
Call me names; abuse me as much as you wish. That does not answer any of the questions waiting up there for you. I now understand that your stock-in-trade is to tell white lies, so as to eke a living & live up to your toga: Insincere 9gerian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Personality Profile: Alfred Diete-spiff Nigerias' Youngest Military Governor / The Northerners Don't Fear Biafra Anymore - See Their Fears / President Buhari To Attend Climate Change Summit In Poland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.