Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy (13050 Views)

Siasia And Super Eagles Training At Abuja Stadium (PICS) / Keshi Condemns Abuja Stadium Renovated Pitch / Abuja Stadium (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by kayClt(f): 10:06am On Sep 27, 2013
Na wah oooo,nigeria my father land, regrassing staduim for 96million,sumtin is wrong sumwhere
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by mrofficial(m): 10:15am On Sep 27, 2013
96million? cheesy. Joke nation.
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by matty1024: 10:17am On Sep 27, 2013
Who goes to jail is not the issue, but proper accountability. Its really unfair the way monies goes out recklessly without anyone taking responsible. How on earth can someone justifies the said amouth spent on just regrassing the pitch? Too Bad! Corruption is really killing the entire institution. I wonder when Nigerians will wake-up and challenge these bunch of Rouges.
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 27, 2013
Justiceotuya: manchester united used 500000 pounds which is equivalent to 100million to renovate their own pitch. my take is that 96mill is not too much. but how much of that money that reaches the hands of the contractors depends on how quality the work will be. in this case the 96mill is too much for a pitch that I'll still be water logged. www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-pitch/man-utd/news/man-utd-to-spend-gbp500k-on-new-pitch_73945.html
nigeria spent almost d exact money but our pitch isnt even close to standard let alone being compared to that of united.
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by pressyhaywhy(m): 10:18am On Sep 27, 2013
Hummm, supendn 96m on a stadium dt hasn't last 3yrs of renovation. Nd dere is no money 2 pay ASUU. Dis nation nid serious prayer.
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by fuckluv(f): 10:22am On Sep 27, 2013
philmimi1992:

In the same vein, chairman of the committee, Godfrey Ali Gaiya has refused to accept the amount spent because to him the job done is substandard.

“My God, how can you use N96million to re-grass a pitch, and this job was tested by nature right in our presence when it drizzled for few minutes and the whole place became water-logged, we have asked them to invite the contractors to come and do a good job.”

“My verdict is that I am not comfortable with the level of water logged on the pitch. I was in Calabar and it rained for three days non-stop before the match and you cannot compare Calabar that is in tropical environment to Abuja that is in the Savannah where rain is lighter.”

“So, if it rained in Calabar for three days when Nigeria played Malawi and I never saw anything like waterlogged spot, why should ordinary drizzling cause water ponds on the renovated Abuja pitch,” Gaiya asked.

“We don’t want to aggravate our mood further so we decided to be silent on that, but this is not good for our sport,” Gaiya fired back.

Thank God we still have saner people like this in the sports ministry.

1 Like

Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by Ayooxx(m): 10:26am On Sep 27, 2013
Yepa..96m for grass..abeg I dey sell grass now o.. any grass atall even carpet grass,rug grass,tiles grass in short any variety of grass I get am
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by Justiceotuya(m): 10:27am On Sep 27, 2013
nuru3000: nigeria spent almost d exact money but our pitch isnt even close to standard let alone being compared to that of united.
yes it's true. but do u know how much went to Julius Berger?.
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by prof800(m): 10:29am On Sep 27, 2013
96million naira and I hear the govt still owes the contractor another 11million.
But the troubling thing is that yesterday's little downpour of rain has flooded the pitch. Then what did the contractors do with 96million.?
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by chessguru1(m): 10:39am On Sep 27, 2013
I believe a lot of nigerians J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ suffer from small mindedness. When we hear large figures being quoted, we tend to reason from the "one man" angle.
Yes to an individual, 96 million might cos hypertension or hysteria, but as far as an engineering activity is concerned, its not too much.
The questions that should be asked here is
- how much does a world class renovation on a stadium cost (can use brazil or SA as a sample)
- how much of the proposed money was actually given to the contractors

When govt quote figures, we shouldn't join d bandwagon of people shouting about J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊τ̲̣̣̥ the size, but rather its implementation.
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by wola44: 10:52am On Sep 27, 2013
GEJ will finish Nigeria money before 2015 o. No check & balance in this country.
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by 3ace(m): 10:53am On Sep 27, 2013
Director of Finance and Administration in the Sports ministry, Alhaji Mustapha Mohammed
Ole! He was defending the allegation with confidence because he's aware of the shady deal otherwise he would have thought along the line of the committee chairman.
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by conyema12(m): 11:00am On Sep 27, 2013
Things have gotten out of hand, I really dont think we can get it right again because 99.9% of the population have developed a corrupt mind set.
How on earth will someone on this forum support this wicked act.

The next line of action is for the commitee members to be bribed and you will not hear anything about it again.

God we need you now.
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by Wisdytech(m): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2013
This is what i call. A continuous Misuse of public fund. Who said Nigeria wil be developed by 2020? Meanwhile no sign of change uptil now?
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by Williamso(m): 11:18am On Sep 27, 2013
NL just pissed me off! At the risk of derailing, I'd like to know why my post was hidden when I carefully followed all the rules. angry angry undecided
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by Nobody: 11:18am On Sep 27, 2013
The MOD that hid my post is mad o. You are crazy, what was wrong with my post. Bloody hypocrites angry . Its not ur fault, I blame ASUU, useless idiotas.
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by cyril10(m): 11:19am On Sep 27, 2013
People that are mentioning JEG name here don't really get it, what has the president got to do with this?
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by bionicdude(m): 11:24am On Sep 27, 2013
Promhize:

The second sensible person.
am not complaining about d money coz to regrass a pitch is expensive datz y even major european clubs don't do it regularly.my only problem is dat they didn't do a gud job.i don't care about d money just d work if they did a gud job no one will complain
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2013
matty1024: Who goes to jail is not the issue, but proper accountability. Its really unfair the way monies goes out recklessly without anyone taking responsible. How on earth can someone justifies the said amouth spent on just regrassing the pitch? Too Bad! Corruption is really killing the entire institution. I wonder when Nigerians will wake-up and challenge these bunch of Rouges.

Do you realize the 96million went to middlemen and contractors? And not 'Rouges' (politicians) as you call them?
For Nigeria to be good, we need to first realize no 'rouge' is enslaving us, we are enslaving ourselves.

Nigeria will be good the day Nigerians stop being corrupt! Fullstop!!!
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 27, 2013
This Mods will just be flexing muscles....why hidding post na.
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 27, 2013
Justiceotuya: yes it's true. but do u know how much went to Julius Berger?.
no i dont
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by AhWetin(m): 11:46am On Sep 27, 2013
Justiceotuya: manchester united used 500000 pounds which is equivalent to 100million to renovate their own pitch. my take is that 96mill is not too much. but how much of that money that reaches the hands of the contractors depends on how quality the work will be. in this case the 96mill is too much for a pitch that I'll still be water logged. www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-pitch/man-utd/news/man-utd-to-spend-gbp500k-on-new-pitch_73945.html

Just stop there, what are you saying?!!! The economic environment is more expensive in europe when you do direct conversion. A typical house will be built for around £200k, that's like 50million, the same house in naija will be finished with at most 20million, so don't give me that man u bull crap.
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by slimfit7: 11:55am On Sep 27, 2013
this people hv come again to drain our economy, it is high time to stop using this company call julius berger and go to others like ccecc, they can deliver this type of job wit half of this money. 9ja use ur head
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by koladebrainiac(m): 11:55am On Sep 27, 2013
Breaking news: Jonathan to setup committee to look into the 96milion scam of national stadium regrassing.
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by abdul123(m): 12:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
a cement bag of grass cost nothing less than N400 and to grass such a field u need nothing less than 150 bags and at most 200 bags please do the maths its not up to 100k, adding soil and any other thing they wud put wnt cost up to 1m plus 1m for local labour instead of julius "rubber" sorry i mean berger in a country where they say unemployment is on d high side. pls my people na how much be all dis money !!! not up to N4m, somebody pls tell me where N92m dey go
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by andyanders: 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2013
Corruption. I ask, why can't these individuals be prosecuted? This is glaring. Why can't the law send these individuals to a longer period of time in jail so that others can learn.

If 96 million is been used to re-grass the stadium, then this country is in a big hole.
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by vanstanzy(m): 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2013
And the useless spending and embezzling never stops. Na wa o! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by Youngtekkey(m): 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2013
that's naija for u,corruption everywhere,96million and the pitch is still being waterlogged na wa ooooooo
Re: N96M Abuja Stadium Re-Grassing Causes Controversy by oseo1(m): 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
abdul123: a cement bag of grass cost nothing less than N400 and to grass such a field u need nothing less than 150 bags and at most 200 bags please do the maths its not up to 100k, adding soil and any other thing they wud put wnt cost up to 1m plus 1m for local labour instead of julius "rubber" sorry i mean berger in a country where they say unemployment is on d high side. pls my people na how much be all dis money !!! not up to N4m, somebody pls tell me where N92m dey go

What kind of cheap grass are you talking about? I bring jn grass seeds for a few customers and there is absolutely no grass that is that cheap except u want local crab grass. I know a family that spent 300k on 18sqm of grass, and it's not nearly the grade of grass required for an international pitch.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flying Eagles Jet Out To Sudan AFCON U-20 Qualifier / Ex-Enyimba Goalkeeper, Chinedu Agwu Dies / Tragic! Pictures Of Emiliano Sala’s Dead Body Emerge Online After Leak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.