Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD (2027 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 26, 2013
Giving 10% tithe to babel to support a false system of worship is not giving to GOD , stop deceiving yourself.

Read the scriptures below to understand what true giving entails :

"If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person?" - 1 John 3:17

"If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and be filled," and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?…" - James 2:15-16

"'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' "The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'…" - Matthew 25:38-40

2 Likes

Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by haibe(m): 10:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
lol you no dey tire, only God knows who is giving to him.

1 Like

Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by rezzy: 11:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
If its not Frosbel, its Obadiah777, Most high, or Pastor kun. Make una leave tithing christians alone. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Rhymeyjohn: 11:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
Frosbel is obvoiusly revealing himself as a false teacher. to make matters worse, u unwisely goofed in logic, quoting wrong scripture in an attempt to autiticate your heresy. Giving to poor/needy bethren and tithing are mutually exclusive, and one does not stop the other. it is people like you who miss quote to ur confusion that confuse the people.
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Rhymeyjohn: 12:08am On Sep 27, 2013
Frosbel and his team of 'anti tithers' are just hypocrites who use emotions to cover truth. Ever since he stopped tithing, how many poor people has he help out of poverty? one of them 'drummaboy' exposed their hypocrisy when he said "those of us who say we don't tithe, do we give up to 10% of our income (for Gods purpose)? I don't know of others, but for me, I will be truthful, I don't... for now. https://www.nairaland.com/1294816/defence-tithes/1. you would think those who scream regularly, feed the poor, clothe the naked should do more, rather they are hypocritical heretics. A biblical pettern of them is Judas; John 12:5-6
Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
KJV
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 27, 2013
^^^

I guess you want me to provide you with a list of people I help or what charitable deeds I am involved in ?

What is your purpose of donating a fixed unbiblical amount of money to your club , all in the name of a myth that the money goes to God. Keep deceiving yourself , your ilk are more interested in the supposed blessing that comes from the false tithes , even though many who do not tithe are far more prosperous.

Stop following dollars.
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Rhymeyjohn: 12:36am On Sep 27, 2013
'GIVING 10% TITHE TO CHURCG IS NOT GIVING TO GOD' FALSE the church is a gathering of saved people

Acts 2:47-3:1
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
the church is owned by God Himself
1 Cor 1:2
Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:, 1 Cor 10:32
Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:
These shows that the 'church is of GOD', hence, anything you give to the church belongs to the owner (GOD). This proves Frosbel claim and thread as false and a lie against the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Rhymeyjohn: 12:43am On Sep 27, 2013
Jesus says,
Luke 6:38
Give, and it shall be given unto you (weather giving to the church, the poor or charity, its a universal principle); good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
KJV
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 27, 2013
[quote author=frosbel]^^^

I guess you want me to provide you with a list of people I help or what charitable deeds I am involved in ?
Then your reward of charitable deeds is in the hands of men.E be like say no be today you dey show yourself grin
What is your purpose of donating a fixed unbiblical amount of money to your club , all in the name of a myth that the money goes to God. Keep deceiving yourself , your ilk are more interested in the supposed blessing that comes from the false tithes , even though many who do not tithe are far more prosperous.
We have shown tithing from scriptures to predate mosaic law as an act of faith If you are a child of Abraham, you will do the works of Abraham cheesy

Stop following dollars.
You are the stingy guy here who follows the unrighteous mammon. grin

11 If we have sown [the seed of] spiritual good among you, [is it too] much if we reap from your material benefits?

12 If others share in this rightful claim upon you, do not we [have a still better and greater claim]? However, we have never exercised this right, but we endure everything rather than put a hindrance in the way [of the spread] of the good news (the Gospel) of Christ.

13 Do you not know that those men who are employed in the services of the temple get their food from the temple? And that those who tend the altar share with the altar [in the offerings brought]?

14 [On the same principle] the Lord directed that those who publish the good news (the Gospel) should live (get their maintenance) by the Gospel.

2 Corinthians 9:7

The Message (MSG)

6-7 Remember: A stingy planter gets a stingy crop; a lavish planter gets a lavish crop. I want each of you to take plenty of time to think it over, and make up your own mind what you will give. That will protect you against sob stories and arm-twisting. God loves it when the giver delights in the giving.
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Rhymeyjohn: 10:39am On Sep 27, 2013
waiting for the 'anti tithers' to make their stand about this thread and their front man 'frosbel'. Note that you cant lie against the truth. God bless you all.
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:00am On Sep 27, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: waiting for the 'anti tithers' to make their stand about this thread and their front man 'frosbel'. Note that you cant lie against the truth. God bless you all.
u are actually lying against the truth
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2013
[quote author=Bidam][/quote]see how u confuse urself, the verse u quoted was talking about voluntary giving and not compulsry 10%
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Rhymeyjohn: 11:43am On Sep 27, 2013
EMILO2STAY: u are actually lying against the truth
Sir, what truth am i lieing against? that giving 10% of your earning to church is giving to GOD, or what? Note that thats the subject of this thread. Please reveal my lie, so i'll humbly ask of God's mercies. But i wont be cowed, or silenced if you are frosbel proselyte.
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by haibe(m): 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2013
As christians you do not have to give a tenth of your income, give as you purpose in your heart or as God is leading you to.

you can give a 10th 20th 50th or even 100% of your income, just obey the spirit leading, anyone that says if a Christian does not give a tithe he will be under a curse needs to examine his/her head.

some people don't give tithe but they give up to 30% of their income to God by helping the needy, so will this people still be under a curse? lol.

1 Like

Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by EMILO2STAY(m): 1:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: Sir, what truth am i lieing against? that giving 10% of your earning to church is giving to GOD, or what? Note that thats the subject of this thread. Please reveal my lie, so i'll humbly ask of God's mercies. But i wont be cowed, or silenced if you are frosbel proselyte.
show me from the bible where christians are to give God ten percent of their income weekly and monthly.
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: Frosbel is obvoiusly revealing himself as a false teacher. to make matters worse, u unwisely goofed in logic, quoting wrong scripture in an attempt to autiticate your heresy. Giving to poor/needy bethren and tithing are mutually exclusive, and one does not stop the other. it is people like you who miss quote to ur confusion that confuse the people.
You really sound like a pastor or you are related to one
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2013
@Frosbel am booking this space in antisipation to render an answer very soon.
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by DrummaBoy(m): 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
Rhymeyjohn: Frosbel and his team of 'anti tithers' are just hypocrites who use emotions to cover truth. Ever since he stopped tithing, how many poor people has he help out of poverty? one of them 'drummaboy' exposed their hypocrisy when he said "those of us who say we don't tithe, do we give up to 10% of our income (for Gods purpose)? I don't know of others, but for me, I will be truthful, I don't... for now. https://www.nairaland.com/1294816/defence-tithes/1. you would think those who scream regularly, feed the poor, clothe the naked should do more, rather they are hypocritical heretics. A biblical pettern of them is Judas; John 12:5-6
Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?
This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.
KJV

I will request, sir, that U provide the full post from were U successfully quoted me out of context. That way ur readers we see the full picture.

I stand by my words though
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by haibe(m): 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2013
DrummaBoy:

I will request, sir, that U provide the full post from were U successfully quoted me out of context. That way ur readers we see the full picture.

.lmao
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Rhymeyjohn: 7:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
EMILO2STAY: show me from the bible where christians are to give God ten percent of their income weekly and monthly.
can you see where you obviously miss it? You are defending the piont that 'giving 10percent tithes is to the church not giving to God which both you the proselyte and frosbel the 'false teacher' were totally wrong .
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Rhymeyjohn: 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2013
unlike frosbels unscriptural claim, my stand is giving 10percent of your earning (call it tithes, offerings, vows, donation) to the church is giving to God
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Rhymeyjohn: 7:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
DrummaBoy:

dont sink deeper into hypocrisy, you have the link there.
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 28, 2013
rezzy: If its not Frosbel, its Obadiah777, Most high, or Pastor kun. Make una leave tithing christians alone. Thanks
As dem take leave 'unbelievers' alone?
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:17am On Sep 29, 2013
Rhymeyjohn:
can you see where you obviously miss it? You are defending the piont that 'giving 10percent tithes is to the church not giving to God which both you the proselyte and frosbel the 'false teacher' were totally wrong .
i asked you a simple question; show me where it is commanded in the bible that we should give ten percent of our income to God or to the church every week, and month. U said those against tithe are lying againt the truth, that truth of tithe as practiced today is what i want u to show me.
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 29, 2013
EMILO2STAY: i asked you a simple question; show me where it is commanded in the bible that we should give ten percent of our income to God or to the church every week, and month.
1cor 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints: As I have given orders to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 1 Corinthians 16:2 (GNT)

2 Every Sunday each of you must put aside some money, in proportion to what you have earned, and save it up, so that there will be no need to collect money when I come.

Definition of a proportion:Agreeable or harmonious relation of parts within a whole; balance or symmetry. Mathematics: A statement of equality between two ratios. Four quantities, a, b, c, d, are said to be in proportion if a/b = c/d . 10% is a proportion.
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by EMILO2STAY(m): 10:08am On Sep 29, 2013
Bidam: 1cor 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints: As I have given orders to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 1 Corinthians 16:2 (GNT)

2 Every Sunday each of you must put aside some money, in proportion to what you have earned, and save it up, so that there will be no need to collect money when I come.

Definition of a proportion:Agreeable or harmonious relation of parts within a whole; balance or symmetry. Mathematics: A statement of equality between two ratios. Four quantities, a, b, c, d, are said to be in proportion if a/b = c/d . 10% is a proportion.
i know someone will come up with this verse; see how desperate u are trying to validate a lie, why are ur pastors not preaching tithe with this verse instead of malachi 3,8
The verse explains how paul urged the church in corinth to set aside some contribution for the saint at the start of every week how does this explain compulsary 10 percent,
note; it says contribution for the saint, not 10percent for God or to build the house of God. these are contributions that are cosumable by the apostles. Paul did not commamd a 10percent of their monthly and weekly income. Also paul urged them to give according to their ability and not a fixed 10percent for building the church of God as modern pastors preach today. So u are yet to prove to me where jesus or the apostles commanded christians to give 10percent of their income weekly or monthly for building the house of God or else God will curse them and send a devourer to them.
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
EMILO2STAY: i know someone will come up with this verse; see how desperate u are trying to validate a lie, why are ur pastors not preaching tithe with this verse instead of malachi 3,8
The verse explains how paul urged the church in corinth to set aside some contribution for the saint at the start of every week how does this explain compulsary 10 percent,
note; it says contribution for the saint, not 10percent for God or to build the house of God. these are contributions that are cosumable by the apostles. Paul did not commamd a 10percent of their monthly and weekly income. Also paul urged them to give according to their ability and not a fixed 10percent for building the church of God as modern pastors preach today. So u are yet to prove to me where jesus or the apostles commanded christians to give 10percent of their income weekly or monthly for building the house of God or else God will curse them and send a devourer to them.
SMH! Na u sabi..to ur tent o israel.
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by alexleo(m): 10:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
I went to church today and quietly moved to the tithe box corner and put my tithe. It is God I gave my tithe to.

3 Likes

Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by EMILO2STAY(m): 11:10pm On Sep 29, 2013
alexleo: I went to church today and quietly moved to the tithe box corner and put my tithe. It is God I gave my tithe to.
is there anything like tithe box in the bible?.the people who gave tithe in the bible did not put it in a box, neither did they got to the church to pay tithe. They gave to God by sacrifising a tenth part of the tithe with fire. How much did ur church sacrifies with fire to God?
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by PastorKun(m): 6:16am On Sep 30, 2013
EMILO2STAY: is there anything like tithe box in the bible?.the people who gave tithe in the bible did not put it in a box, neither did they got to the church to pay tithe. They gave to God by sacrifising a tenth part of the tithe with fire. How much did ur church sacrifies with fire to God?

You are wrong here, biblical tithe was never sacrificed with fire. It was either eaten by the tither in the presence of God or shared with levites, widows and orphans.
Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by alexleo(m): 6:37am On Sep 30, 2013
EMILO2STAY: is there anything like tithe box in the bible?.the people who gave tithe in the bible did not put it in a box, neither did they got to the church to pay tithe. They gave to God by sacrifising a tenth part of the tithe with fire. How much did ur church sacrifies with fire to God?

Your sacrifice of fire for tithe is wrong. However let me make this clear to you. My church has a box at the back of the church with the inscription "tithe and offering". We don't have any special time during church service to collect tithe or offering rather if at any time or any day you have tithe or offering to give, you just go and drop it in the box. That's the reason for the box. We don't keep record of tithers and nobody wants to know whether you gave money to the church or not and how much you gave, that's why its silently structured. You don't write your name and you don't even write whether its tithe or offering. Just drop the money and go your way.

4 Likes

Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
Pastor Kun:

You are wrong here, biblical tithe was never sacrificed with fire. It was either eaten by the tither in the presence of God or shared with levites, widows and orphans.
dont get me wrong, am not saying the whole tithe was a sacrificial offering...when u look at numbers 18.26 and 29,this explains giving the tenth of the tithe and the best part to the priest, also malachi 1,8 to 13, is a warning to the priest for their failure in offering the best part of all the offering by sacrifice to God...,,,so i thought the best sacrifice they failed to offer as burnt offering in malachi 1,8 is the same as the best part of the tithe in numbers 18,29.
Maybe i was wrong

(1) (2) (Reply)

Popular Lesbian Repents, Boasts Of God, Her Before And After Photos Will Shock U / Donald Trump(US Presidential Aspirant) Calls Jesus "A Loser" / Please Someone Shuld Help Me Interpret This Persistent Dream.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.