Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,263 members, 7,836,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD (2033 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / TB Joshua Returns N500,000 Tithe To Elderly Woman / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Giving 10% Tithe To Your Church Is Not Giving To GOD by EMILO2STAY(m): 12:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
alexleo:

Your sacrifice of fire for tithe is wrong. However let me make this clear to you. My church has a box at the back of the church with the inscription "tithe and offering". We don't have any special time during church service to collect tithe or offering rather if at any time or any day you have tithe or offering to give, you just go and drop it in the box. That's the reason for the box. We don't keep record of tithers and nobody wants to know whether you gave money to the church or not and how much you gave, that's why its silently structured. You don't write your name and you don't even write whether its tithe or offering. Just drop the money and go your way.
i may be wrong in saying that the tithe was a sacrificial offering. but i still disagree with u on giving money u call tithe to the church. There is no passage in the new testament stating christians gave 10percent of their wages in the synagogue or to build or maintain a synagogue, they all willingly gave; any percentage they purposed to give they gave out and not by compulsion to give a fixed 10percent from their income so they will get richer or in fear of getting devoured by the devourer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reply To TB Joshua's Return Of Tithe. / Deaf Muslim Healed In Jesus Name. (See video) / Popular Lesbian Repents, Boasts Of God, Her Before And After Photos Will Shock U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.