Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,192 members, 7,845,909 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Nigerian Idol Season2 Winner Yet To Receive Recording Contract Promised - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Idol Season2 Winner Yet To Receive Recording Contract Promised (569 Views)

Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star / I Didn’t Get Any Recording Contract From Nigerian Idol-mercy Chinwo / Nigerian Idol Season 2 Winner Yet To Receive N7.5m Recording Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Idol Season2 Winner Yet To Receive Recording Contract Promised by entadaplace1: 6:23am On Sep 27, 2013
Over a year after winning the second season of Nigerian Idol, singer Mecry Chinwo is yet to be given her N7.5m recording contract.

‘As I speak to you, I’m one-man standing. I am not in any record label, I am alone. I have to say the truth. I am not or was never tied to nay record label‘, the Port Harcourt-born singer told Encomium Weekly last week. She however confirmed receiving the N7.5m cash prize.

Franchise owners of Nigerian Idol, Optima Media Group (OMG) had announced that the winner of the talent show would go home with the overall prize of a recording contract, an SUV and a mouth-watering cash of prize of $100,000 (N7.5m). The show was sponsored by Etisalat and Pepsi.

NET could not establish contact with OMG as a rep for the media company refused to pick our phone calls and reply text messages.

Mercy’s case isn’t the same with season three winner Moses Obi-Adigwe who says everything OMG promised has been delivered. ‘Yes I got the money and my contract, everything is okay‘, Moses told Nigerian Entertainment Today in a telephone chat. The singer says he has received his N7.5m cash prize and has released three new singles.

Apparently, Moses’ recording contract is with OMG who recently setup their own label. Moses says he is more relaxed working with OMG than any other label as they would ‘have time’ for him.

Source
Re: Nigerian Idol Season2 Winner Yet To Receive Recording Contract Promised by MsSpaqs(f): 6:35am On Sep 27, 2013
U should be arrested 4 putting a misleading topic
Re: Nigerian Idol Season2 Winner Yet To Receive Recording Contract Promised by entadaplace1: 6:43am On Sep 27, 2013
Ms Spaqs: U should be arrested 4 putting a misleading topic
The topic was longer than what the box. Sorry but dont take it personal now.
Re: Nigerian Idol Season2 Winner Yet To Receive Recording Contract Promised by MsSpaqs(f): 6:54am On Sep 27, 2013
Lol ok i won't
Re: Nigerian Idol Season2 Winner Yet To Receive Recording Contract Promised by honeric01(m): 7:26am On Sep 27, 2013
This thread must be shut down!
Re: Nigerian Idol Season2 Winner Yet To Receive Recording Contract Promised by entadaplace1: 7:31am On Sep 27, 2013
honeric01: This thread must be shut down!
Why o brother?
Re: Nigerian Idol Season2 Winner Yet To Receive Recording Contract Promised by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 27, 2013

(1) (Reply)

OJB Finally Discharged From Hospital After A Successful Kidney Transplant / "Dr Sid Is Perhaps Not The Most Talented......"-uche Briggs / Pregnant Kaffy Dances To ‘personally’ At Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo’s Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.