Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star (35847 Views)

Jemiriye Blasts Falz Over "This Is Nigeria" Video / Jemiriye Cruises In Limo As She Speaks Against Libya Slave Trade / Jemiriye Shares Bum Short Photo & Wrote "Keep The Sabbath Holy", Fans React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by NEHLIVE: 7:06pm On Jan 21, 2016
PLEASE READ AND BE INSPIRED

EVICTED FROM NIGERIAN IDOL, BECOMES AN INTERNATIONAL STAR: The amazing story of Jemiriye (Photos)

When Jemiriye was kicked out of the Nigerian Idol stage in the 2012/13 season of the show, she could have thought it was the end of the world, but for her it was the beginning of a journey to greatness.

A graduate of the prestigious Nigerian Institute of Journalism(same school Korede Bello is currently attending), Jemiriye relocated to the United States where she has since been living, and while she was let down by Nigerian Idol despite being an audience favourite thanks to her unique style, she has been soaring her and making Nigeria proud in the diaspora.

While in the US, Jemmy has she is fondly called was busy working hard on her skills and it wasn't long before she was spotted by the Philadelphia Phillies games committee who invited her as the first Black to perform for the team during the last Philadelphia Phillies vs Miami Marlins' flagship game in front of thousands as she sings the teams' official anthem "Take Me To The Ballgame" at the stadium.

What's more curious is why the judges on the Nigerian Idol show didn't see the huge talent of this young stunning singer and kicked her out of the show. This same question has been begging for answers as year In year out, we continue to see the best talents being evicted from most of the musical reality shows in Nigeria. This is evident in the wild protests that often trail the announcement of a winner at the end of almost all the Nigerian music reality shows. But that's a topic for another day.

It may interest you to know that the same Jemiriye, the rejected stone on Nigerian idol just got a nomination in the US as the Pittsburgh Emerging Artist for the year ended 2015, making her the only African nominee in the music category.

Jemiriye has unarguably become one of the most sought-after African singer in America even as she works on her full album that will be ready in 2016.

The Afrocentric Jemiriye who recently released the video to her single "Pamilayo" is already back in the studio working on a new song titled "Knocking on Heaven's Door".

"Knocking On Heaven's Door" by Jemiriye is being produced by Grammy award winning producer, Dr Gregory McPherson amongst other respected American music experts.

According to her rep, the song features all the music professionals Jemmy had dreamt to work with, like Mr David Otis (late Queen of Pop, Whitney Houston's guitarist), Mr Spike, who played percussions for the legendary Aretha Franklin, great musicians from Spelman College, to mention a few."

Jemiriye who recently performed at the "I am Somebody" Tour concert, the first African concert in Las Vegas on December 26th 2015, has performed for the AD King Foundation's Youth empowerment forum, which also witnessed the largest gathering of Nigerian Vice Chancellor's outside of Nigeria.

Not long ago, she performed at the 84yr birthday of Ms Naomi Ruth Barber King, sister in law to Dr Martin Luther King, in Atlanta.

Need we say more? Jemiriye has also performed at the FunTimes magazines gala and awards night in Philadelphia, featuring the CEO of Shoprite Mr Jeff Brown.

The Osun state born singer received an award in recognition of her distinguished and devoted contribution in musical entertainment from Impeccable First Eye Concept, Dallas, Texas.

While many Nigerian youths are taking to crime in the US, Jemiriye is one of the determined youths doing a lot to represent Nigeria in the best light in the US.

She even recently volunteered to support and perform for Americans Living with Disabilities in Tampa, Florida. She performed at the first edition of African Heritage Broadcasting and Entertainment Awards, in Houston, Texas, in October 2015. Which features entertainment moguls from Nigeria and diaspora."

She performed at the African Women in Leadership Organisations Conference in the city of Sugarland, Texas, August, 2015. Featuring Sen Ita Giwa, Sen Donzella James from Georgia, and the Nigerian Consul general, Ambassador Geoffrey Teneilabe.

That's not all, she performed at the Okapi Back To The Root Fashion show at the Kelly Strayhorn Theater in Pittsburgh. Dec 11, 2015 which had many of the who-is-who in American fashion and entertainment present.

Finally, Jemiriye may not have enjoyed the media buzz that winning the Nigerian idol competition brings here in the country, but her uniqueness has attracted top foreign media houses who now sees her as a marketable content for their platforms. Not long after gracing the cover of Fun Time Magazine in the US, Jemiriye has now been invited as the artiste of the week on the popular BBC Focus on Africa TV show.

According to what she shared online over the weekend, she first got an email from the respected international media corporation; then...

"the interview was scheduled for 12:30pm, then I got a call at 7:30am saying, Hi, Jemmy this is Kim from BBC, I was like okay, then she said are you ready for the interview? I was like, hmmm, it's 7:30am here. Then she said oh sorry, it's 12:30pm in LONDON, " She wrote.

She continues; "I had no idea the call was from the BBC World main studio in London, ��. Then I told Kim to give me about 3hrs to drag my lazy self from bed, cos I slept very late the previous night, working in the studio. I finally got ready, dressed up, Skype ready and a exactly 10:30am central time, I got connected to the studio from the BBC World studio."

She was even asked to sing the Philadelphia Phillies baseball anthem live on the show!

With the speed at which this young lady's career is racing, she is definitely set to shake the world for Nigeria soon.

To you reading this, the question is; WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE? Watch BBC World, Focus on Africa Interviews Jemiriye via Skype below..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_hLA0Vr0cM

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/01/evicted-from-nigerian-idol-becomes.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by NEHLIVE: 7:07pm On Jan 21, 2016
More photos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by Smellymouth: 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
Yawns!!!!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by Evyivy(f): 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
She was evicted from Nig idol means she wasn't this good, I guess she didn't lose hope and she found her muse. She got better that's all.

BTW Osun babe that schooled in nig. Now forming an accent . Very very cold indeed.

She is cute tho and shows off her African beauty

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by guruvick(m): 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
Proudly Black grin angry

Hit like if you are Black and Proud

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by allanphash7(m): 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
Why was she evicted
Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by pharmow: 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
I wish I have time to read this post, but I don't. You may wanna ask me why I commented if I don't have time to read. All I have to say to that is that I'm booking a space so that I'll make relevant contribution when I do have time to read because what really grinds my gear on nairaland are people that make irrelevant comment on threads. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by burnexcessfats(f): 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
Congrats gal

1 Like

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by sleekkid2015: 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
Ok
#BREAKING| Barcelona Star Javier Mascherano Sentenced To 1 Year In Prison Over Tax Fraud [PICS]

http://www.musbizubeat.com/2016/01/barcelona-star-javier-mascherano-sentenced-to-1-year-in-prison-over-tax-fraud-pics/
Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by adonbilivit: 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
why did u have to tell us korede bello attends her alma mata? congrats to her

7 Likes

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by Tombilly(m): 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
Maybe she refused to sleep with d damn Fuckíñg Nigerian idol judges, directors and sponsors so she bowed out honourably rather than compromise at d detriment of her dignity. But today she z been celebrated for who she really is. Not like all diz our NL holy than I girls who will free their London for any Visa applicant cool

8 Likes

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by efilefun(m): 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
Most competitions in Nigeria are just formalities they don Sabi winner before them start gan

3 Likes

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by bamidell(m): 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
Noted...
Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by babyfaceafrica: 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
So who she don help?

1 Like

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by kiltoko1(m): 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
Nice
Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by okedoyinolabisi(f): 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
the stone which the builders rejected became the cornerstone

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by daveyjay(m): 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
The only limit to success is the one we set upon ourselves! To many others, after the niqerian idol eviction, that'll be the end of their music career, but she worked on her failure to achieve qreater success...kudo jemiriye and other optimists out there

2 Likes

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by danbrowndmf(m): 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
When she was been evicted here instead of going back & start crying...she worked on her skill more & more..That's why she attain this level....but i know read the Story sha...eblike C.R.K note.

7 Likes

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by CACAWA(m): 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
Hahahahahahahaa...

All that Ankara for audio interview?

Abeg enjoy my ijoba orun cover jare...and keep your thank you for another day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsKNWND9Ftw

4 Likes

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by orijintv(m): 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
So She Be Emenike for Nigeria . . She Cum Go Yankee Turn Ronaldo . . Issoryt. . God Bless Her Career Though

2 Likes

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by kennyman2000(m): 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
Baba God done pick her call be that oooo....
F*uck Nigeria idol jooooooooorrr

check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
While many Nigerian youths are taking to crime in the USA

Was the author of this article born a retarrd or he chose to act like a retarrd? I see nothing but a haterz pen at work here. Nigerian immigrants are one of the hardest set of workers I have ever come across, they boss it over us Americans, Akata, Nigerian Americans etc any day. This is really poor. In some of my classes, the top 5 usually all have west African accents, I think the op should do his research before spewing lame ass trash.

If its Italy or china where Ipod youths suffocate, then I might agree with him tongue

11 Likes

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by Raymee(m): 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
NEHLIVE:
PLEASE READ AND BE INSPIRED

EVICTED FROM NIGERIAN IDOL, BECOMES AN INTERNATIONAL STAR: The amazing story of Jemiriye (Photos)

When Jemiriye was kicked out of the Nigerian Idol stage in the 2012/13 season of the show, she could have thought it was the end of the world, but for her it was the beginning of a journey to greatness.

A graduate of the prestigious Nigerian Institute of Journalism(same school Korede Bello is currently attending), Jemiriye relocated to the United States where she has since been living, and while she was let down by Nigerian Idol despite being an audience favourite thanks to her unique style, she has been soaring her and making Nigeria proud in the diaspora.

While in the US, Jemmy has she is fondly called was busy working hard on her skills and it wasn't long before she was spotted by the Philadelphia Phillies games committee who invited her as the first Black to perform for the team during the last Philadelphia Phillies vs Miami Marlins' flagship game in front of thousands as she sings the teams' official anthem "Take Me To The Ballgame" at the stadium.

What's more curious is why the judges on the Nigerian Idol show didn't see the huge talent of this young stunning singer and kicked her out of the show. This same question has been begging for answers as year In year out, we continue to see the best talents being evicted from most of the musical reality shows in Nigeria. This is evident in the wild protests that often trail the announcement of a winner at the end of almost all the Nigerian music reality shows. But that's a topic for another day.

It may interest you to know that the same Jemiriye, the rejected stone on Nigerian idol just got a nomination in the US as the Pittsburgh Emerging Artist for the year ended 2015, making her the only African nominee in the music category.

Jemiriye has unarguably become one of the most sought-after African singer in America even as she works on her full album that will be ready in 2016.

The Afrocentric Jemiriye who recently released the video to her single "Pamilayo" is already back in the studio working on a new song titled "Knocking on Heaven's Door".

"Knocking On Heaven's Door" by Jemiriye is being produced by Grammy award winning producer, Dr Gregory McPherson amongst other respected American music experts.

According to her rep, the song features all the music professionals Jemmy had dreamt to work with, like Mr David Otis (late Queen of Pop, Whitney Houston's guitarist), Mr Spike, who played percussions for the legendary Aretha Franklin, great musicians from Spelman College, to mention a few."

Jemiriye who recently performed at the "I am Somebody" Tour concert, the first African concert in Las Vegas on December 26th 2015, has performed for the AD King Foundation's Youth empowerment forum, which also witnessed the largest gathering of Nigerian Vice Chancellor's outside of Nigeria.

Not long ago, she performed at the 84yr birthday of Ms Naomi Ruth Barber King, sister in law to Dr Martin Luther King, in Atlanta.

Need we say more? Jemiriye has also performed at the FunTimes magazines gala and awards night in Philadelphia, featuring the CEO of Shoprite Mr Jeff Brown.

The Osun state born singer received an award in recognition of her distinguished and devoted contribution in musical entertainment from Impeccable First Eye Concept, Dallas, Texas.

While many Nigerian youths are taking to crime in the US, Jemiriye is one of the determined youths doing a lot to represent Nigeria in the best light in the US.

She even recently volunteered to support and perform for Americans Living with Disabilities in Tampa, Florida. She performed at the first edition of African Heritage Broadcasting and Entertainment Awards, in Houston, Texas, in October 2015. Which features entertainment moguls from Nigeria and diaspora."

She performed at the African Women in Leadership Organisations Conference in the city of Sugarland, Texas, August, 2015. Featuring Sen Ita Giwa, Sen Donzella James from Georgia, and the Nigerian Consul general, Ambassador Geoffrey Teneilabe.

That's not all, she performed at the Okapi Back To The Root Fashion show at the Kelly Strayhorn Theater in Pittsburgh. Dec 11, 2015 which had many of the who-is-who in American fashion and entertainment present.

Finally, Jemiriye may not have enjoyed the media buzz that winning the Nigerian idol competition brings here in the country, but her uniqueness has attracted top foreign media houses who now sees her as a marketable content for their platforms. Not long after gracing the cover of Fun Time Magazine in the US, Jemiriye has now been invited as the artiste of the week on the popular BBC Focus on Africa TV show.

According to what she shared online over the weekend, she first got an email from the respected international media corporation; then...

"the interview was scheduled for 12:30pm, then I got a call at 7:30am saying, Hi, Jemmy this is Kim from BBC, I was like okay, then she said are you ready for the interview? I was like, hmmm, it's 7:30am here. Then she said oh sorry, it's 12:30pm in LONDON, " She wrote.

She continues; "I had no idea the call was from the BBC World main studio in London, ��. Then I told Kim to give me about 3hrs to drag my lazy self from bed, cos I slept very late the previous night, working in the studio. I finally got ready, dressed up, Skype ready and a exactly 10:30am central time, I got connected to the studio from the BBC World studio."

She was even asked to sing the Philadelphia Phillies baseball anthem live on the show!

With the speed at which this young lady's career is racing, she is definitely set to shake the world for Nigeria soon.

To you reading this, the question is; WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE? Watch BBC World, Focus on Africa Interviews Jemiriye via Skype below..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_hLA0Vr0cM

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/01/evicted-from-nigerian-idol-becomes.html
Eviction is done by votes of audience I guess or maybe I don't get it right.
Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by sirAmeh(m): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2016
Nice!!
Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by lumzybo: 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2016
Let's not be to quick to judge those that evicted her from the Nigeria Idol platform.

The eviction from the idol might be the needed push that made her discovered her hidden talents.

Keep the flag flying gurl and keep repping 9ja. kiss

1 Like

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by izikjon(m): 8:44pm On Jan 21, 2016
Nice....happy she worked hard to show herself approved
Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by kenoz(m): 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
Ok
Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by Afrok(m): 8:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
If she wasn't evicted, its possible she may not have MADE IT. Such is life...
Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by kaziblake(f): 8:48pm On Jan 21, 2016
Black beauty.

1 Like

Re: Jemiriye: Evicted From Nigerian Idol, Becomes An Int'l Star by naijaobi(m): 8:48pm On Jan 21, 2016
NEHLIVE :
While in the US, Jemmy has she is fondly called was busy working hard on her skills

grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olayode Juliana's Parents Reconcile After 17 Years Of Divorce / I Go Dye Supports Efe With N1Million To Ensure He Wins Big Brother Naija / Missy Elliot Tweets At Lil Kesh Being The Shoki Dance Originator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.