Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,690 members, 7,851,373 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:59 PM

You're Born Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You're Born Again? (827 Views)

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? / Divorce Rates Amongst Born-again Christians Compared To Other Groups / Do Catholics Believe in Being Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You're Born Again? by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 27, 2013
Some people think one can be smuggled into God's kingdom.
One cannot truly be born again without realizing he is guilty of sin and helpless in judgement under God's law. He then goes on to embrace the saviour of grace, Jesus Christ, he believes jesus paid for his sin, and suffered the consequence of his evil ways, and he accepts God's salvation. He's legally dismissed by God then, due to lack of evidence.

So have you received christ? Are you really born again? Do you understand that the wages of sib is death? Or are you a false convert A false convert NEVER continues to walk in freedom from sin. He can never get far with God you see, there's something wrong with his foundation.
No, you don't receive Jesus to 'try' him out! And you're not born into his kingdom through physical birth either. You can't be 'raised' from childhood as a christian. No sir.

So check your foundation. Why did you embrace Christ? Is it because you thought your life will get better? Or you thought you'd get 'blessed'? No sir, Jesus is not a goodluck charm. Or did you come to Jesus because the law given by God through moses showed you that you've offended God by breaking his law? Yes, you're guilty. Do you sin without thinking about repercussions? Do you insult God almighty and use his name in vain? Blaspheming him? Do you esteem another above him? Then I'm sorry, because whether you like it or not, you're guilty you see. And when you stand before God almighty after death, you shall be condemned. Because God is good. As a good judge. He shall punish sin, and you'll go to hell. It's not about fear, its plain reality. Are you proud? Think you don't deserve hell? After all your sin? Think God doesn't exist and insult him? Just because you misunderstand him, and you think he doesn't exist won't stop him from being a righteous judge. Yes. You're guilty. And don't be proud. The bible says God resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble. Yes, grace. For those who understand they're guilty, there's good news you see, jesus has paid the price. You don't need to be guilty anymore. Infact, you don't need to be condemned. Yep. He paid the price for your sins by dying for you. And he broke the power of satan and sin over you by being raised from the dead.

To receive him, all you gotta do is go to God in Jesus' name in prayer. Tell him you realize you're guilty under his law. And tell him you accept his salvation. It's that simple you see.
If you've prayed this prayer. Congrats! You're legally in right standing with God, set free, dismissed from his court and wrath. Rejoice. You're born again! Born into the family of God. Now trust in Gods power, and go and sin no more.

6 Likes

Re: You're Born Again? by holypower(m): 7:48am On Sep 27, 2013
Even if you believe not, HE abides faithful, HE cannot deny HIMself

2 Likes

Re: You're Born Again? by Alwaystrue(f): 8:07am On Sep 27, 2013
Chibuebem:
To receive him, all you gotta do is go to God in Jesus' name in prayer. Tell him you realize you're guilty under his law. And tell him you accept his salvation. It's that simple you see.
If you've prayed this prayer. Congrats! You're legally in right standing with God, set free, dismissed from his court and wrath. Rejoice. You're born again! Born into the family of God. Now trust in Gods power, and go and sin no more.

Amen OP.
The bible says:
John 1:17
For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

When Jesus was physically on earth, He IS (not was) the truth of God's word and He speaks grace and comfort to those who believed Him. He sent ANOTHER comforter I.e. The Holy Spirit to continually guide us in all truth and this is what the new convert needs especially when studying the bible that is his mirror to enable him reflect Christ more and more.

This is truly what grace does:

Titus 2:11-13
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, 12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

God bless you for evangelising.

1 Like

Re: You're Born Again? by Ishilove: 8:46am On Sep 27, 2013
Preach on pastor!! cheesy

If you find yourself stuck in a vicious cycle of sin even though you are born again, if you keep going back to a particular sin no matter how hard you try, then there are two things that may be involved: either

1) You are yet to crucify your old man

or

2) You need deliverance

1 Like

Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 27, 2013
holypower: Even if you believe not, HE abides faithful, HE cannot deny HIMself
You are speaking Christianese, English pls? tongue

@op: Doing a alter call on Nairaland?? Tell us something we don't already know like your view on, "Once saved, forever saved"
Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 27, 2013
Ishilove:
If you find yourself stuck in a vicious cycle of sin even though you are born again, if you keep going back to a particular sin no matter how hard you try, then there are two things that may be involved: either

1) You are yet to crucify your old man
yeah. Crucifying your flesh is in faith. Faith is simply believing and walking in God's word. You believed christ was able to save you from sin, continue in christ's power as you walk with him
The just shall live by their faith. Life is continuous. Faith in christian life is too. It is not by might, ot by power, but by the spirit of God.

Let us have faith in God's word, and walk in it, living life to the fullest

Romans 8:2 (Living bible)
-For the power of the life giving Spirit of Christ(and this power is MINE through Christ jJesus) has set ME free from the vicious circle of sin and death.

Hallelujah.
Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 27, 2013
Wu Zetian:
You are speaking Christianese, English pls? tongue

@op: Doing a alter call on Nairaland?? Tell us something we don't already know like your view on, "Once saved forever saved"
sorry ma'am. But I preach the message, not 'my views' you see. To the humble, this message is grace, and the power of God to save.

Here's Romans 1: 16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

This message is the power of God. May this power reach out to men whose hearts are ready.
Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 27, 2013
Chibuebem: sorry ma'am. But I preach the message, not 'my views' you see. [s]To the humble, this message is grace, and the power of God to save.[/s]

Here's Romans 1: 16
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
This message is the power of God. May this power reach out to men whose hearts are ready.

Point of correction,
"To the believers, this message is grace, and the power of God to save."

Your God gave you a brain, didn't he?? I would love to think he expected you to use it smiley

As a Christian, I already expect you to back your views with scriptures aka "the word of God".

I am not asking you to be ashamed, lol grin What the fvck are you going on about?? Make una help me see Pastor oo grin grin
Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 27, 2013
Wu Zetian:
Point of correction,

Your God gave you a brain, didn't he??

As a Christian, I already expect you to back your views with scriptures aka "the word of God".

I am not asking you to be ashamed, lol grin What the Bleep are you going on about?? Make una help me see Pastor oo grin grin

sorry ma'am. Last time I checked, it took humility for one to believe the message.

Here's james chapter 1:
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 27, 2013
Chibuebem: sorry ma'am. Last time I checked, it took humility for one to believe the message.

Here's james chapter 1:
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
How does the scripture you posted say only the humble receive the Christian God as the Lord of their lives??

Was it not the same bible that says,
2 Corinthians 4:4
"In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

Romans 11:8
As it is written, “God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that would not see and ears that would not hear, down to this very day.”

According to your ideology, we have no proud Christians, which be both know is bullshit.
Are you sure you know your Bible or "this message" you boastfully speak of??

If you can't back up your views with scriptures, then no point with this back and forth. I will look for a Christian that God has permitted to use his/her brain and pose my question to that person.
Re: You're Born Again? by Ishilove: 9:32am On Sep 27, 2013
Chibuebem: yeah. Crucifying your flesh is in faith. Faith is simply believing and walking in God's word. You believed christ was able to save you from sin, continue in christ's power as you walk with him
The just shall live by their faith. Life is continuous. Faith in christian life is too. It is not by might, ot by power, but by the spirit of God.

Let us have faith in God's word, and walk in it, living life to the fullest

Romans 8:2 (Living bible)
-For the power of the life giving Spirit of Christ(and this power is MINE through Christ jJesus) has set ME free from the vicious circle of sin and death.

Hallelujah.
Amen
Re: You're Born Again? by Ishilove: 9:34am On Sep 27, 2013
Wu Zetian:
How does the scripture you posted say that, only the humble receive the Christian God as the Lord of their lives??

"In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God."

As it is written, “God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that would not see and ears that would not hear, down to this very day.”

According to your ideology, we have no proud Christians, which be both know is bullshit.

If you can't back up your views with scriptures, then no point with this back and forth. I will look for a Christian that God had permitted to use his/her brain and pose my question to them.
Sholly, there are ways to pass a message across without resorting to insults.
Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 27, 2013
Wu Zetian:
How does the scripture you posted say that, only the humble receive the Christian God as the Lord of their lives??

If you can't back up your views with scriptures, then no point with this back and forth. I will look for a Christian that God had permitted to use his/her brain and pose my question to them.
shollypopz...is that you? I'm not here to argue ma'am.
Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 27, 2013
Wu Zetian:

shollypopz...is that you?grin I'm not here to argue ma'am. No arguments please ma'am. Ishilove will deal with us if we argue. Worse still, the bible says we should avoid silly arguments. grin
Re: You're Born Again? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2013
I want to grow up.....
Re: You're Born Again? by Ishilove: 10:07am On Sep 27, 2013
Chibuebem: shollypopz...is that you?grin I'm not here to argue ma'am. No arguments please ma'am. Ishilove will deal with us if we argue. Worse still, the bible says we should avoid silly arguments. grin
'But avoid foolish arguments and
genealogies and strife and disputes about the
Law, for they are unprofitable and worthless'.
Titus 3:9

grin grin
Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 27, 2013
Chibuebem: shollypopz...is that you?grin I'm not here to argue ma'am. No arguments please ma'am. Ishilove will deal with us if we argue. Worse still, the bible says we should avoid silly arguments. grin
Now I see why logicboy is always angry, if I had to deal with these sort of dull minded believers on a regular, I will blow my brains out.

You create a thread about salvation and a question about salvation is irrelevant?? KAI! Just say you don't know, only stup1d ppl will find your cheap cop-out funny. tongue

Peace! grin grin cool

1 Like

Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 27, 2013
Wu Zetian:

Point of correction,

Your God gave you a brain, didn't he?? I would love to think he expected you to use it smiley

I am not asking you to be ashamed, lol grin What the fvck are you going on about?? Make una help me see Pastor oo grin grin

See lack of home training.

1 Like

Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 27, 2013
p investigator:

See lack of home training.

Was it your God that revealed that to you, don't tell me you are coming up with conclusions on your own?? shocked

According to Chibuebem, remember Christians are not allowed to use their brains, all they can do is "preach the message". LMAO @ the folly grin grin
Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 27, 2013
Wu Zetian:

Was it God that revealed that to you, don't tell me you are coming up with conclusions on your own??

According your Chibuebem, Christians are not allowed to use their brains, all they can do is "preach the message". LMAO @ the folly grin grin

Park well joor.Trouble maker.

1 Like

Re: You're Born Again? by gradeA(m): 11:02am On Sep 27, 2013
Some folks resorting to insults, just to seem controversial..... perhaps if God had not given us the power of freewill and the ability to make choices as regards life and death, such negligence would not occur.

When i read posts like this from the op, I am happy, cos it simply spreads the gospel further, and no one would ever claim ignorance on that last day.

There is no need arguing with people on this, we should simply divide the word of truth rightfully, and allow God minister to their souls. Afterall, He alone can save. Just continue to include them in your prayers.

Apostle Paul said in 1cor 3:6 : "I Paul have planted, Apollos has watered, but it's the Lord that yields increase"

Chibuebem, you might have planted the seed of the gospel to some hearts, some of us through our comments might have watered that seed, but ultimately its the Lord that causes the increase. Lets allow God do his work.

3 Likes

Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 27, 2013
I'll be back...
Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2013
gradeA: Some folks resulting to insults, just to seem controversial..... perhaps if God had not given us the power of freewill and the ability to make choices as regards life and death, such negligence would not occur.

When i read posts like this from the op, I am happy, cos it simply spreads the gospel further, and no one would ever claim ignorance on that last day.

There is no need arguing with people on this, we should simply divide the word of truth rightfully, and allow God minister to their souls. Afterall, He alone can save. Just continue to include them in your prayers.

Apostle Paul said in 1cor 3:6 : "I Paul have planted, Apollos has watered, but it's the Lord that yields increase"

Chibuebem, you might have planted the seed of the gospel to some hearts, some of us through our comments might have watered that seed, but ultimately its the Lord that causes the increase. Lets allow God do his work.
remain blessed sir.
I'd like you to go to this site www.livingwaters.com and download
-Hells best kept secret

See if you agree with the tape sir.
Re: You're Born Again? by Ishilove: 11:56am On Sep 27, 2013
Chibuebem: remain blessed sir.
-Hells best kept secret

How heavy is the tape?
Re: You're Born Again? by gradeA(m): 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ishilove:
How heavy is the tape?

I just downloaded it. It's not heavy, about 9.2mb.
let me listen, and share my own view.
brb.
Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ishilove:
How heavy is the tape?
its just like gradeA said.
Re: You're Born Again? by gradeA(m): 6:36pm On Sep 27, 2013
Chibuebem: remain blessed sir.
-Hells best kept secret

wow!
My soul has indeed been blessed.
My spirit man 100% accepts that message. There is always a need to re-examine your foundation, and prioritize your reason for salvation accordingly.

Until you realise that there is a problem, you cannot go in search of the solution.

After listening to the tape, this scripture readily comes to my mind;

Matt 6:33 ; "But seek ye first the kingdom of God , and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you"

Let us stop dwelling on the benefits of salvation, and go back to the basics which is the kingdom of God and His righteousness.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I am blessed.
Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 27, 2013
No. Christians mainly have it wrong (what’s new ?) Nowhere in the bible is there a requisite to be ‘’born again’’. The words put into the mouth of Jesus by John in the conversation with Nicodemus (John 3:3) are grossly mis-translated from the greek language. The verb ‘’gennao’’ (coming into the world) is accompanied by the adverb ‘’anothen’’ in certain contexts this adverb can mean ‘’again’’ or ‘’from above’’.

It is clear John uses the adverb in the sense of ‘’from above’’. In other words Jesus tells Nicodemus he must be ‘’born from above’’ to enter the kingdom of God, meaning a birth from God. Not ‘’born again’’ as commonly espoused. In the final analysis the doctrine is largely redundant, the entire conversation with Nicodemus is entirely imaginary.
Re: You're Born Again? by gradeA(m): 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
Sarassin: No. Christians mainly have it wrong (what’s new ?) Nowhere in the bible is there a requisite to be ‘’born again’’. The words put into the mouth of Jesus by John in the conversation with Nicodemus (John 3:3) are grossly mis-translated from the greek language. The verb ‘’gennao’’ (coming into the world) is accompanied by the adverb ‘’anothen’’ in certain contexts this adverb can mean ‘’again’’ or ‘’from above’’.

It is clear John uses the adverb in the sense of ‘’from above’’. In other words Jesus tells Nicodemus he must be ‘’born from above’’ to enter the kingdom of God, meaning a birth from God. Not ‘’born again’’ as commonly espoused. In the final analysis the doctrine is largely redundant, the entire conversation with Nicodemus is entirely imaginary.

Your post is contradictory.

If I may ask, What is the difference between being born from above and the connotation of the term 'born again'?

bro, it's purely the same thing.

2 Likes

Re: You're Born Again? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
gradeA:

wow!
My soul has indeed been blessed.
My spirit man 100% accepts that message. There is always a need to re-examine your foundation, and prioritize your reason for salvation accordingly.

Until you realise that there is a problem, you cannot go in search of the solution.

After listening to the tape, this scripture readily comes to my mind;

Matt 6:33 ; "But seek ye first the kingdom of God , and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you"

Let us stop dwelling on the benefits of salvation, and go back to the basics which is the kingdom of God and His righteousness.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I am blessed.
thank God sir! That message blessed me deeply too.
Re: You're Born Again? by Alwaystrue(f): 6:30am On Sep 28, 2013
Hebrews 9:16-17
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The Old Convenant took effect on the Israelites ONLY AFTER the sacrifice of blood. But before the convenant took effect God had to give His laws, statutes and judgements (ordinances) FIRST. The blood of the bulls and sheep simply SEALED the bond.

But because the people could not fulfil their part and infact did so much evil, God has to send His Son Jesus Christ to avert the imminent curse on the earth.
Malachi 4:5-6
5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

And the word of God in Malachi was fulfilled below when Jesus was speaking of John the Baptist, who had come to prepare the way.
Matthew 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

And Jesus finally came, born of a woman, under the law (Galatians 4:4) to redeem those under the law as seen by some of the deliverances from devils miracles He did.
So THE WORD OF GOD BECAME FLESH.
John 1:14,17
And the WORD WAS MADE FLESH, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) FULL OF GRACE AND TRUTH
17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ

Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished IN HIS FLESH the ENMITY, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances ; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, AND took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross

It was while Jesus was IN THE FLESH that He abolished the law of commandments CONTAINED in ordinances (Exodus chapter 21-24)that was causing enmity between Jews and Gentiles....Read the story of the Samaritan woman for example in John 4, and the commission to take the gospel to the end of the earth (totally different from just Israel alone). Also read Matthew 5 and see where He was abolishing the judgements for going against those ordinances. e.g. Eye for eye etc. It was at His death that he TOTALLY TOOK IT OUT OF THE WAY by nailing it to the cross being a sacrifice for sins. The 10 commandments were not the ordinances. Jesus was even very angry when the traditions of men were put over the law of God. Tithe and offerings were already before the law and are not the ordinances often misconstrues in Malachi 3:7 as that scripture is not talking about Malachi 3:8....verse 7 was already answered in verse 7.

That is why scriptures says: Jesus is the end of the law FOR righteousness to them that believe (Romans 10:4) because the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us when we walk in the Spirit (Romans 8:3-4) and you believe in Christ by believing His words (John 5:24) as well as the finished work on the cross. (John 19:30)

Why? Because all Jesus did and said while He was IN THE Flesh was THE TESTAMENT (THE TRUTH AND GRACE) which was only SEALED at His death by BLOOD. Hence the NEW CONVENANT!

Matthew 26:28 for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many

To read more on this and also the transfiguration, continue in https://www.nairaland.com/1455684/what-seem-difference-between-old#18398498

2 Likes

Re: You're Born Again? by Joshthefirst(m): 9:50am On Oct 07, 2013
Hello all. My former moniker; chibuebem is no longer in use as you can see. This is my new moniker. I'll follow you again gradeA

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe On Ancestral Spirit? / A Challenge To All Christains. / Why Some Pastors Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.