Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 (11896 Views)

Chelsea Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 31st October 2015 / FC Porto Vs Chelsea: UCL (2 - 1) On 29th September 2015 / Arsenal Vs Olympiacos : UCL (2 - 3) On 29th September 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by luvola(m): 9:41am On Sep 27, 2013
Di Canio was axed last week 24 hours after the 3-0 defeat to West Brom left the Wearside club rooted to the bottom of the table.
Sunderland have just one point from their first five league outings and Ball will be hoping to boost his chances of landing the manager's job on a permanent basis with a positive result against Liverpool.
Liverpool travel to Wearside aiming to get back to winning ways after two straight defeats to Southampton in the Premier League and

The gloss to Liverpool's impressive start to the season has been taken off in the last few weeks and Brendan Rodgers will be keen to see them get back to winning ways at the Stadium of Light as they strive to keep pace with the leading pack.
Kevin Ball won't let Sunderland down because he is a good coach.
I played against him a million times and what he will give them is fire and confidence and I wouldn't be surprised to see Lee Cattermole come back in because he is a Kevin Ball-type player who will get stuck in and win tackles.
Liverpool have had shocking defeats to Southampton and Man United this week. They shouldn't be getting beaten at home by Saints and then they got knocked out by Man United's B team in the Capital One Cup.
It was United's reserves - if they picked the best team, only Wayne Rooney and David de Gea would get in it - against Liverpool's strongest side, so for them to lose was massively disappointing.
Luis Suarez has got another game under his belt, though, and I would expect Liverpool to win this game. Ball will have his players ready, but Liverpool should have too much class.

culled from : http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/295715/preview

source : http://www.nairacity..com/2013/09/sunderland-vs-liverpool-on-sunday-sept.html

My take on this match : bredren rodger should not start that selfish player called daniel sturridge because he killed the game against manchester united. Liverpool is really paying the price for the injuiry blow of their playmaker countinho as ever since he limped out of the field against swansea city , the reds has been on a losing situation. If bredren rodgers love himself , he should n't start that selfish sturridge and flop handerson.
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by luvola(m): 9:46am On Sep 27, 2013
A lose at the stadium of light will spell a doom for the red. We can't afford to lose this one since either arsenal, totthenham or chelsea will drop point tomorrow , bredren rodger should get its act together and win this match for us. Our last three matches performance has been awful and we can't afford to lose this match at d stadium of light.

1 Like

Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by JMOI: 3:40pm On Sep 27, 2013
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by luvola(m): 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2013
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by luvola(m): 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2013
mod front page pls. Thank you
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by luvola(m): 7:46am On Sep 29, 2013
A win for Liverpool will place them on second position . Pls rodgers dnt start that selfish sturridge .
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by Johnnoo(m): 11:37am On Sep 29, 2013
I'm missing my boy... embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by oluwadartey: 11:56am On Sep 29, 2013
Johnnoo: I'm missing my boy... embarassed
My oga, no be only You o... Mesef de miss am die as I de so.
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by Christmasdon(m): 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2013
Both teams are eager to earn a point.

Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by ghettodreamz(m): 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2013
I can't wait..

Make we no play sef, we don win this match.

This very unusual of me, but let me try join them for the first time.

If your Liverpool fan or a well-wisher; you believe LFC gonna win this match, not for any other reason but for the fun of it, kindly click the Like Button.

Thanks.

Up Liverpool!

Liverpool 4V3R!

YNWA!
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by ifemiide: 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
If i were BR. My line up would be.

mignolet
kelly toure agger enrique
henderson gerrald
suarez alberto moses
sturridge
sub. Jones. Skertel. Sahko. Lucas. Sterlin. Aspas. Allen.
we dont have what it tkes to challenge for the first four. Thats is the bitter truth. If we could ge
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by giftbz(m): 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2013
Make genuine money while u enjoy beautiful football by predicting the outcome, for more details, http://www.saharabet.com/?action=register&referrer=cosb20
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by Eillyeillz(m): 12:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
Watz the writer smokeing??sayin we lost 2 a man shit team B.since wen did rooney,rafel,welbeck,smalling just 2 mention a few all got droped 2 the team B??get ur factz rite man!dat been said winning iz must.YNWA!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2013
I just de observe. #KTBFFH
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by bokohalal(m): 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
The game against Man Utd was the first time Liverpool claimed the second half this season.Though they lost they could just have won.Maybe it was the presence of Suarez that turned the tide from previous games' atrocious second half display. With that realisation I cannot see anything other than a Liverpool victory today. Wash away my disappointment of the Southampton loss. Took me days to overcome that.
Common you Reds! YNWA!
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by kaeel: 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2013
sure win
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by tchigofigo(m): 1:43pm On Sep 29, 2013
a win wit a margin of +2 wil put us in 2nd place just ahead of Spurs by goal diff.,bt Sunderland nids d win too dirly..,i'l jst hp we nick dis 1. 3-5-2 formatn wil jst do it..YNWA!
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by Anuoluwap(m): 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
Really? Control your tv with your hand and voice? REALLY? www.nairaland.com/1454543/samsung-smart-tv-hand-voice
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2013
Booking Space!!
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
We Kopites Are Here Again!!
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by pappythinko(m): 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
Liverpool shd come out in flying colurs today.... If i were Brendan Rodgers i wl go with the 4-3-3 formation.
Mignolet
wisdom skrtel Toure Enrique

Lucas Gerrard Alberto
Suarez Moses

Sturridge...
with ds formation I believe we wl blow epl teams away... wish the team all the very best today. ynwa!!
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2013
tchigofigo: a win wit a margin of +2 wil put us in 2nd place just ahead of Spurs by goal diff.,bt Sunderland nids d win too dirly..,i'l jst hp we nick dis 1. 3-5-2 formatn wil jst do it..YNWA!

Bruh!! If dem beat us ah go vex!! They lost 5games with 1 draw!

We have everything to get maximum points and continue our clean sheets.

YNWA
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
pappythinko: Liverpool shd come out in flying colurs today.... If i were Brendan Rodgers i wl go with the 4-3-3 formation.
Mignolet
wisdom skrtel Toure Enrique

Lucas Gerrard Alberto
Suarez Moses

Sturridge...
with ds formation I believe we wl blow epl teams away... wish the team all the very best today. ynwa!!

Nice Formation! Toure Is The Only Error In Dat Squad! I'm Missssing Glen So Bad!!

The Return Of Coutinho In Daat Midfield Would Make It Solid!
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
bokohalal: The game against Man Utd was the first time Liverpool claimed the second half this season.Though they lost they could just have won.Maybe it was the presence of Suarez that turned the tide from previous games' atrocious second half display. With that realisation I cannot see anything other than a Liverpool victory today. Wash away my disappointment of the Southampton loss. Took me days to overcome that.
Common you Reds! YNWA!

Not only you bruh!! Ma brothers are Man. U Fans!! I almost bet ma balls on it lol!! wink I was so sure we were going to Win! I didnt expect Rodgers to start Suarez!!

He's the only game-changer we have.. though Sterling can also do that, bt Luis is just a threat!!

I hope we Win this match sha!!
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by pappythinko(m): 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
[quote author=Brimmie]

Nice Formation! Toure Is The Only Error In Dat Squad! I'm Missssing Glen So Bad!!

The Return Of Coutinho In Daat Midfield Would Make It Solid!

but they(couty n Glen) are out injured na... the team sheet is out though.
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by sweetiePe(f): 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
EPL Fixture: Sunderland v Liverpool

Sunderland interim head coach Kevin Ball would rather not have landed his dream job in the way he has.
The 48-year-old may not remain in the post for much longer than the club's Barclays Premier League clash with Liverpool on Sunday, with owner Ellis Short engaged in the process of identifying a successor to the sacked Paolo Di Canio.

Ball would dearly love to be that man, but in the shorter term, he will concentrate on the task of preparing the team for as long as it takes to appoint a replacement, just as he did back in 2006 after taking over the reins on a caretaker basis from Mick McCarthy.

Asked what it meant to him to be in charge of the club for which he played with such distinction, the Black Cats' senior professional development coach said: "It's funny.

"The situation the last time and the situation this time - in an ideal world, you wouldn't want either of them to have happened.

"You would want the role, but in a different situation and different circumstances.

"How did I feel when I took the training? Fine, because I am currently doing a very similar thing with another group of players who are not very much younger than some of these.

"The day-to-day stuff, we are already doing, so it dovetails quite nicely with that.

"Speaking to the media, it's not like I haven't done it before. It's not something that I couldn't do and I thoroughly enjoy doing it."

Ball was thrown in at the deep end when he was asked to take training on Monday morning and, along with academy assistant Robbie Stockdale, select and prepare the team for Tuesday night's Capital One Cup third-round tie against Peterborough.

He freely admits his week has been hectic ever since, but it is one he has thoroughly enjoyed.

"It is a busy week, but you do enjoy it," Ball said. "There are always going to be bits you think are a pain in the backside, but that's life, isn't it?

"But you try to enjoy it. I enjoy my football anyway, I enjoy my coaching, I enjoy doing what I do in terms of the (under-) 21s, so it's not an illogical step.

"It's not like I have come from the wilderness and, all of a sudden, someone has brought me back in. I am doing a job very similar to that anyhow, so it wasn't such a massive transition."

Sunderland striker Steven Fletcher will be sidelined for up to six weeks with the shoulder injury he suffered at West Brom last weekend.

Defender John O'Shea, who came off with a niggle during Tuesday night's 2-0 Capital One Cup victory over Peterborough, is expected to be fit and midfielder Lee Cattermole could also figure after coming through that game unscathed, while full-back Phil Bardsley is close to returning from a broken bone in his foot.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers is not worried about his side's second-half form this season.

More Sports Updates>>http://www.rosyside.com/pt/EPL-Fixture-Sunderland-v---Liverpool--9.29.2013/discussion.htm
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by pappythinko(m): 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
BREAKING: Liverpools starting Xi against sunderland: Mignolet, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Moses, Suarez, Sturridge.. Subs: Jones, Ilori, Wisdom, Ibe, Sterling, Agger..
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2013
pappythinko: BREAKING: Liverpools starting Xi against sunderland: Mignolet, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Moses, Suarez, Sturridge.. Subs: Jones, Ilori, Wisdom, Ibe, Sterling, Agger..

It's likely he sub. Ilori!
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by Brimmie(m): 3:31pm On Sep 29, 2013
[quote author=pappythinko][/quote]

Yeah! I Know.. Just Sayin!

Coutinho is goin return in October.. Late October! That's like 3 EPL games that he's goin to miss.

We cant continue wt Toure, dat bros na flop!!
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by bokohalal(m): 3:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
pappythinko: BREAKING: Liverpools starting Xi against sunderland: Mignolet, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Moses, Suarez, Sturridge.. Subs: Jones, Ilori, Wisdom, Ibe, Sterling, Agger..
Toure as RB? Would still like to see a Toure/Sakho CB. Sakho is going to be the most monstrous CB in a few months. He already is one,in my opinion.
Liverpool should win this match. I do not see where Sunderland's threat is going to come from.
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by ghettodreamz(m): 4:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
Up Liverpool....
Re: Sunderland Vs Liverpool (1 - 3) On 29th September 2013 by ghettodreamz(m): 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2013
OMG......

Bad as-s linesman, that would have been a good first goal for us..

Wtf!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Leeds (4 - 2) On 14th February 2021 / Arsenal Vs Hull City (2 - 0) On 4th December 2013 / Manchester United Vs FC Copenhagen UCL (1 - 0) On 24th October 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.