Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,239 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day (1783 Views)

9-Year-Old Homeless Girl Feeds Feaces To Baby Of Lady That Rescued Her / Calling Off Wedding After Introduction? / Homeless Man Returns Diamond Engagement Ring; he's Rewarded With Over $180,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 27, 2013
Bride calls off wedding, invites 200 homeless people to crash her big day http://huff.to/1gXLaQ6

Georgia Bride Calls Off Wedding, Then Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day! -Sep 24, 2013

After a Georgia bride canceled her lavish wedding last minute, she decided to still find a way to bring joy to her big day.

With just 40 days to go until her wedding, Carol and Willie Fowler’s daughter called off her wedding for reasons she declined to share, ABC News reported. Rather than cancel the entire affair, the do-gooder family decided to invite 200 homeless women, children and families from Hosea Feed the Hungry, an organization that helps the needy, to revel in an afternoon of delicious food and entertainment.

“Events are canceled, and sometimes for unknown reasons,” Carol Fowler told WBUR. “Do not allow that opportunity to go to waste. Call up your favorite charity. Give them an opportunity to use that for people that will not have an opportunity perhaps in life.”

The generous family hopes that the party on Sept. 15 will be the first of what will become an annual two-day charity event that the family will organize, according to ABC.

"The event on Sunday demonstrated how as a community when we come together and live in harmony,” Elisabeth Omilami, CEO of Hosea Feed the Hungry, said in a press release, “we can make a difference.”

Thumbs Up or Down? smiley
Re: Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day by dynatress: 10:29am On Sep 27, 2013
hmmmmm! onyibo people dem no just well
Re: Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2013
What an idea, really. Bringing out something positive out of an unpleasant situation. I hope the "bridegroom" handles the situation, well.

1 Like

Re: Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day by baby124: 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
This must have been one hell of a party. All the smelly homeless guys. grin grin grin. I once attended a wedding that was canceled. Omo, we chop die. grin grin grin. The bride also called it off. cheesy. She even had the best time that night. grin
Re: Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day by Idowuogbo(f): 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
Kai! I for like attend dis kian thing mehn.... Eat as much as u like tinz. grin grin
Re: Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 28, 2013
Idowuogbo: Kai! I for like attend dis kian thing mehn.... Eat as much as u like tinz. grin grin
idowu where in this world have you been.moti miss e gan o.oju e re cheesy kujo meta cheesy how are the twins,family nko? Work nko? Shey everything is going smoothly? cheesy we bless God wink
Re: Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 30, 2013
kulyie: idowu where in this world have you been. moti miss e gan o.oju e re cheesy kujo meta cheesy how are the twins, family nko? Work nko? Shey everything is going smoothly? cheesy we bless God wink
your absence was very noticeable. Really, we deserve an answer..wink
Re: Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 01, 2013
OlowoTee: your absence was very noticeable. Really, we deserve an answer..wink

grin its work o.i was promoted recently and work has been soooo time consuming that i have little or no time for nairaland like before.its when i have time or like a weekend or public holiday i can check out nl.lol,so how have you been cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day by Nobody: 1:20am On Oct 01, 2013
baby_123: This must have been one hell of a party. All the smelly homeless guys. grin grin grin. I once attended a wedding that was canceled. Omo, we chop die. grin grin grin. The bride also called it off. cheesy. She even had the best time that night. grin
she can afford to call it off because she's not a pregnant bride,if she was,she wont try it because she wont have a choice.oun gan oni fe te.infact i am even suspecting that is one of the reason(s) some men and their families insist the lady must get preggy before wedding.by the way was it not the other time a chinko bride attempted suicide because the groom called off the wedding before onlookers rescued her by pulling her gown.i wonder what this man will do.i hope he too wont attempt suicide o.na im almighty ego i pity
Re: Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 01, 2013
Aawwh! Congrats, girl wink More cash..more task smiley. With moi, God has been faithful. Do have a exciting month of October. #Bleessings x

1 Like

Re: Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day by Idowuogbo(f): 9:56am On Oct 01, 2013
kulyie: idowu where in this world have you been.moti miss e gan o.oju e re cheesy kujo meta cheesy how are the twins,family nko? Work nko? Shey everything is going smoothly? cheesy we bless God wink
Ha! Ore mi atata.... Omo olori re, omo alalubarika, omidan to ri rumu rumu, omoge to ki saya ati eyin bi obe efo Elemi marun.... So wa? It af tey small o! My dear how is ire? grin

@ Mummy Anu

Wassupi? She wa pa? She gbo gbo e is jo ra won? I miss u o!! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
OlowoTee: Aawwh! Congrats, girl wink More cash..more task smiley. With moi, God has been faithful. Do have a exciting month of October. #Bleessings x
awww thanks sugar! *hugs*

we pray God gives us a truly independent Nigeria,independent from all forms of financial and mental impoverishment.may God grant Nigeria happy family,happy homes,well mannered/balanced kids,a saner/safer society, a violent free society and much more we pray through christ Jesus our lord.i also wish/ pray God will take you way higher than your dreams and expectations with your kids glowing all around you :*

1 Like

Re: Bride Calls Off Wedding, Invites 200 Homeless People To Crash Her Big Day by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Ha! Ore mi atata.... Omo olori re, omo alalubarika, omidan to ri rumu rumu, omoge to ki saya ati eyin bi obe efo Elemi marun.... So wa? It af tey small o! My dear how is ire? grin

@ Mummy Anu

Wassupi? She wa pa? She gbo gbo e is jo ra won? I miss u o!! kiss
yay,oremi tio dull ara e ma gbadun ni ti e.infact it afff ofa teyyyy gan,iwo ni mo ri were lai gba visa.oyekin pop champgne ni. I am so happy you are doing so well with your lives *hugs* :*

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Addiction / Stop Buying Fuel For Your Generator Every Night, Use Solar Power And Inverter / What Are The Best Way To Discipline A Child Other Than Flogging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.