Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,028 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? (1640 Views)

Governor's Office Workers Locked Out For Coming Late In Ilorin, Kwara State (pic / IBB Has Yarn .....? Breaking News / IBB Has Been Our Pillar Of Support - Abiola's Family! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by gr8t(m): 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2006
I asked myself a question everyday when I think about the nigeria political scene. What is the intention of the formal head of state for coming back? He has also been the most quiet in the ungoing saga. I'm afraid of is quiteness.
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by twinstaiye(m): 5:06pm On Jun 05, 2006
gr8t, the truth is and this may be very difficult for you to swallow, He is coming back and he is definitely going to win. He is silent, because he has so many people working for him. Better prepared your mind that he is our next president.
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by DaHitler(m): 5:11pm On Jun 05, 2006
I am not accepting IBB as the next President. I don't care what his intentions are. If you steal billions from your people you deserve death by firing squad. If he comes back, I assure you that he would be assassinated within the first year.

Even the mere mention of IBB makes my blood boil. angry
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by twinstaiye(m): 7:15pm On Jun 05, 2006
Then prepare 4 another war like that of 3rd term, because from what is available, his structure is solid.
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by DaHitler(m): 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2006
There is nothing to prepare for. He is not going to win. The next president is going to be from the PDP and IBB is not winning the nomination of that party.
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by pascal(m): 12:23am On Jun 06, 2006
Ready or not, you want him or not only. If only IBB is not interested in the highest position of leadership in this country that he will not win.

But the day IBB declares his intention to run as a presidential candidate, I know that nobody in Nigeria can stop him.

It is a question of time and it will be clear on why third term failed, it is not because of the south but for the interest of the north.

I pray 2007 comes and go without a bloodbath in this Country.

lipsrsealed
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by DaHitler(m): 12:54am On Jun 06, 2006
If IBB becomes president, there would be a lot of blood shed. Anyone that kills this man would get a thumbs up in my book. Only in this charade that they call Nigeria would a man that steals billions from one of the poorest country in the world be allowed to run for Presidency.

And like I said before, IBB is not going to win the election. The next President is going to be from PDP.
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by Ndipe(m): 3:00am On Jun 06, 2006
Dont be surprised if the man is our next 'democratically' elected president.

Anything can happen in Naija, remember that
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by Abeem(m): 7:40am On Jun 06, 2006
Afeni:

There is nothing to prepare for. He is not going to win. The next president is going to be from the PDP and IBB is not winning the nomination of that party.
How can you be absolutely sure? What are your facts? If you want people to take you serious when you write, always endeavor to support your ideas with credible facts.

On this topic, the consensus seem to be that IBB might win but you are in disagreement, which is fine. However if you want to be credible you will need to tell us why you disagree with the rest of the people.
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by DaHitler(m): 7:52am On Jun 06, 2006
Here is a link showing what parties control the governorship office of the States. http://www.nigeriacongress.org/FGN/admin.htm

As you can see, PDP controls all but 7 States in the union (note: there are 36 States in Nigeria). The President is also from their party. PDP is not going to lose a nation wide election when they control 29 State governments, 54.5 percent of the house of Representatives and 53.7 percent of the senate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elections_in_Nigeria

While IBB might have the support of a few greedy degenerates, the base on which to stage a successful campaign is not there. And don't think for a second that the ruling party (PDP) is not going to carry the election.

So, unless IBB has some miraculous plan on getting the nomination of the PDP (impossible) he is not going to be the President.

Also note that the PDP machine has already began its anti-IBB campaign with the recent probe by EFCC. Whatever good will that this monster they call IBB (Man with the blood of innocent and stolen public funds on his hands) has would be gone by years end.

Link showing proving the current investigation of IBB by the EFCC http://www.againstbabangida.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=96&Itemid=1

Lastly, please don't accuse me of being a PDP supporter. Like I have said on many occasion, Nigerian politics is devoid of meaning and so I can only resort to past history of potential candidates to use to judge elections.
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by omu(m): 8:38am On Jun 06, 2006
You see, he said it before that he his stepping aside, that is to say he is still not completely out of the game. but for sure this time he will surely pay for his sins cry
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by twinstaiye(m): 9:42am On Jun 06, 2006
Nfeni, I share your frustration too, it is not as if I am in support of IBB, but with the things on ground now, he is our best candidate to rule Nigeria in the absence of those credible candidate whom those politicians will never allow to get there. In the seeming death of 3rd term, which would have been a permament check on IBB ambition because by the time OBJ would have left office, IBB would have lost interest in governance. Your analysis of PDP government is quite good, and you wont be surprise at the end of the day that IBB can get PDP ticket, and where he cant, his structure on ground is enough to push him to power. Dont forget that IBB already has more than one political machineries already in motion in all the local government in the federations, and I tell you they are very strong, they only chose not be so conspicuous for now. Mark my words, with the death of 3rd term, it clearly pave way for IBB. You cant eat your cake and have it, you cant kill 3rd term and also prevent IBB.
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by DaHitler(m): 10:07am On Jun 06, 2006
Twinstaiye, IBB is not winning the PDP nomination. PDP is going to choose one of their existing members (Most like a Northerner with a Igbo VP) to run for their Presidential platform. While IBB needs the PDP ticket, the PDP does not need him. They are currently dominating the political scene. IBB is going to be forced to run under a joint ticket of several of the smaller parties that he is funding with stolen money.

Nigerians do not want anymore Military men. The only reason anyone ever gave OBJ a chance was because he handed over power to a democratic government at the end of his tenure in 1979. IBB on the other hand annulled the election and created an interim government that gave birth to the monster they call Abacha.
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by twinstaiye(m): 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2006
You sound as if you have seen a vision. Military men you say? let us wait and see then.
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by Odeku(m): 1:07pm On Jun 06, 2006
IBB Will never rule Nigeria again, he can spend all his ill gotten money and he will never regain that power again. Mark my word
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by otokx(m): 1:43pm On Jun 06, 2006
did OBJ have a good intention for coming back? politics is a very complex situation especially the one in Nigeria.
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by gr8t(m): 4:27pm On Jun 06, 2006
huummm! I thnk it is only the Almighty God that can stop IBB from becoming the next president of this nation, by the way he only stepped aside and if you watch, since he did that he has always being beside everything going on. His got almost everybody siting to make decision inside is agbada and some of them will rejoice if there phone ever rang and it is IBB on the other side! They know what that meand for them and their families.
IBB is the most intelligent of all the people in the whole of the political scene in this country. He is silent but is dangerous and his a danger about to happen.
The major person that I think understand his intentions very well is the same man everyone doesn't like his face anymore.
We need to just remind God to please once again visit this man call IBB like he did in the past with those who will not let the country progress.
Don't mistake his quietness for good intention, my main question and concern at this point is
Does IBB has a good intention for coming back?
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by DaHitler(m): 4:34pm On Jun 06, 2006
gr8t, read my second post on this thread. God or no God, IBB cannot come back.
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by gr8t(m): 4:52pm On Jun 06, 2006
Afeni! Please read my last posting very well and please answer the major question.
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by DaHitler(m): 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2006
gr8t, I backed up my views with solid facts, you are merely speculating. Unless you can provide solid numbers to support your ideas, I am going to have to write it off as the typical Nigerian propaganda.
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by Gkings(m): 5:36pm On Jun 18, 2006
cry cry cryI think God has a purpose for allowing IBB to think about coming back. However, I think we need to do a critical analysis of his administration before concluding on the type of death sentence for him and his ambition;

IBB did not rule as the sole administrator of Nigeria. Late MKO got contracts worth billions of Naira from Him. Facts released by world bank to CBN on Nigerians running accounts with swiss shows that MKO was one of the people used by IBB to "SIPHON" OUR HARD EARNED INCOME from oil and even a dumb will know that Mike Aden (CHAIRMAN) and Aliko all became rich through same man, i.e check the letter head used by ETB between 1992 & 1998 and the letter head of Aliko's companies during same period, you will see Aisha and Ibrahim Babangida's name as executive Directors.

The same set of people that was with Shagari when " we did not know what to do with our oil money" were with Babangida and are still there ill-advising the presdent(a typical case study is the aborted thrid term coup)

The point is that IBB may not have a good intention for coming back, but since he is not the only bad egg on our political terrain , why should he be singled out for prosecution when others that are worse are still rotating the ministerial appointments between their cabal?
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by Orikinla(m): 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2006
Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back?

DOES IBB HAVE A GOOD INTENTION FOR COMING BACK?
Re: Does IBB Has A Good Intention For Coming Back? by Mariory(m): 9:44am On Jun 19, 2006
How can we tell if IBB has good intentions in coming to the political scene. Only IBB knows the answer to that. Anyways, IBB can go to hell.

(1) (Reply)

Is Uncle Sege Serious At All? / Sick Yar'adua Off To German Hospital In Saudi Arabia? / The Black Race Remains Hopeless, As Nigeria Remains One Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.