Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,649 members, 7,861,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:17 AM

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles - Religion (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (40189 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 05, 2013
Goshen360:

Just tell us in plain language who Malachi 3:8 was refering to, no need playing card here.
Can you also tell us why Paul had to quote the Law of Moses to validate giving to ministers in 1 Cor 9:9? You can't eat your cake and have it both ways. cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 12:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
Goshen360: @ Gombs,

I will still backup and continue from page 15 where I left off but kindly answer these question. Since you agreed the Levitical is cancelled,

#1. Is Abraham's tithe from 'spoils of war', items from war acceptable under the levitical priesthood?

#2. Is it Abraham's tithe that Malachi and Christ was referencing?
this is d most DISHONEST TITHE collector i'v ever seen. See what greed can do to a (child?) of God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
Gombs:

Never knew it had it....all I say here is from careful inspiration from God. After study, I am righfully dividing the word of truth. Thanks anyway...I await ur review

Again, the eternal priesthood continues right. Please, if I pay or give tithe like the seed of Abraham, to whom do I pay or give the rest 90 % of my income spoils of war?

I'm still warming up again o cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 12:10pm On Oct 05, 2013
Bidam: Can you also tell us why Paul had to quote the Law of Moses to validate giving to ministers in 1 Cor 9:9? You can't eat your cake and have it both ways. cheesy

I have promised to deal with this topic. Open a new thread and invite me. We shall do some cooking in the word. cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 12:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
Gombs:

www.nairaland.com/1456343/tithes-offerings-eternal-principles/19

Compare that with this

Doesn't that look like stuff from a confused fellow?

At first he said "they (Levitical priests) must have said thank you" grin Dear Lord!
And that he won't know if I can call that a blessing

grin

Then later he said "You can see an exact form of blessing pronounced on the tither here" grin

People of God From this scripture Deut 14 from 22 was speaking of Tithing principle in the Levitical order...it told them how they should go about it and it ended thus

"that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work
of thine hand which thou doest"

If you notice it had a semi colon...meaning do all that from v22 to 29 then the above will be urs. That's under the levitical order. How does dis mean that the Levitical order blessed the tither? Did Aaron bless any tither? Why not? Because He can't...bible said Melchizedek could because he was greater than Abraham who was in turn greater than Levi who bore the Levitical order.

If then the Levitical order can't bless, Who then was Mal 3v8 refering to? The order that can bles or the one that couldn't?

No mine dear. It shows me as someone honest enough to admit I do not know if Levites pronounce blessing or not on tithers. The bible didn't record it so I refused to speculate, guess or lie like you've been doing since the thread started.

Show where i said the Levite blessed the tither.

That God pronounced a blessing on them is obvious from Deut 14:29. Or you didn't see the blessing there?

You just proved your desperation again by trying to twist what I wrote there in black and white. Meanwhile take a cue from me: admit when u really DO NOT know
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 12:12pm On Oct 05, 2013

I will still backup and continue from page 15 where I left off but kindly answer these question. Since you agreed the Levitical is cancelled,

#1. Is Abraham's tithe from 'spoils of war', items from war acceptable under the levitical priesthood?

Was Abraham a Levite? Or did he pay his tithe to the Levitical order? undecided

#2. Is it Abraham's tithe that Malachi and Christ was referencing?

Malachi was talking about the Order of Melchizedek because only that order could bless the tither.

Do u still think Melchizedek is long dead? grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 05, 2013
Goshen360:

I have promised to deal with this topic. Open a new thread and invite me. We shall do some cooking in the word. cheesy
I don't need you long chocking eisegesis.Deal with the issue here,be concise and straight to the point cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
Goshen360:

Again, the eternal priesthood continues right. Please, if I pay or give tithe like the seed of Abraham, to whom do I pay or give the rest 90 % of my income spoils of war?

I'm still warming up again o cheesy

Go read what Abraham did with the remaining 90percent. If I decide to give it away, its a personal choice.....if I decide to keep it it isnin no way an offence.

But I thought u said he was long dead..I mean Melchizedek...if you dont acept is is alive, then we have no further thing to discuss...why? Because the Order of Melchizedek has no succession, if u said he died or is dead, then that means it has a successor.

So, accept u are wrong about that and the fact that he was horn of a woman...if not, then we have no bais to discuss further
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2013
Gombs:

Was Abraham a Levite? Or did he pay his tithe to the Levitical order? undecided

Malachi was talking about the Order of Melchizedek because only that order could bless the tither.

Do u still think Melchizedek is long dead? grin

Good!!! At least like my brother Candour says, this shows your dishonesty. The question was, #1. Is Abraham's tithe from 'spoils of war', items from war acceptable under the levitical priesthood? Your answer was: Was Abraham a Levite? Or did he pay his tithe to the Levitical order? undecided

2. You just said "Malachi was talking about the Order of Melchizedek because only that order could bless the tither."

First I take it as assumption and 2 as emphatic answer. That's what I was saying - The Abraham tithe was, he was blessed BEFORE the tithe, it wasn't the tithe that provoked Abraham's blesssings. In Malachi, it was tithe that provoked blessings - bring tithe AND THEN YOU RECEIVE THE BLESSINGS. You don't see any difference still?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
Somebody should call kunle to come and help his crew.... grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
Gombs:

Go read what Abraham did with the remaining 90percent. If I decide to give it away, its a personal choice.....if I decide to keep it it isnin no way an offence.

But I thought u said he was long dead..I mean Melchizedek...if you dont acept is is alive, then we have no further thing to discuss...why? Because the Order of Melchizedek has no succession, if u said he died or is dead, then that means it has a successor.

So, accept u are wrong about that and the fact that he was horn of a woman...if not, then we have no bais to discuss further

So you now have a choice as to the rest of 90% right? I thought we are Abraham's seed and we must follow our father Abraham in tithe example. My father Abraham also gave the rest to rightful owner without CHOICE, why should my choice play role in returning 90% but only the tithe?

Yes, Melchi was dead long ago. If he is not dead, where is he? Do you mind telling us where he is now? Even Christ died and resurrected. Do you study Hebrew syntax? In Hebrew syntax, it reads: "whose father and mother are not written in the genealogies or there is no genealogical account of them"

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
Gombs: Somebody should call kunle to come and help his crew.... grin

Call who naw? cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 12:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
@Joagbaje aka Gombs, u shamelessly claim dat God was refering to Melchi's priesthood in malachi 3:10, was God dealing with two priesthood at d same time with d same prophet malachi, see mal 1:6 "the Lord almihhty says to the priests...." mal 2:1 "listen, you priests, this command is for you...." mal 4:4 "remember to obey the instructions of my servant Moses,all the laws and regulations that i gave him on mount sinai for all Israel".

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2013
Goshen360:

So you now have a choice as to the rest of 90% right? I thought we are Abraham's seed and we must follow our father Abraham in tithe example. My father Abraham also gave the rest to rightful owner without CHOICE, why should my choice play role in returning 90% but only the tithe?

Yes, Melchi was dead long ago. If he is not dead, where is he? Do you mind telling us where he is now? Even Christ died and resurrected. Do you study Hebrew syntax? In Hebrew syntax, it reads: "whose father and mother are not written in the genealogies or there is no genealogical account of them"

You can lie o! Which bible version is that? Goshen International version?

[size=32pt]
KJV: Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

NIV:Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.

[/size]

How then could you have concluded that he was born of a woman and that he is long dead.....are u blind to see that he remains a priest FOREVER..?

Somebody should help Goshen out na.....he is embarrasing himself and the anti tithe crew grin

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 12:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
christemmbassey: @Jogbaje aka Gombs, u shamelessly claim dat God was refering to Melchi's priesthood in malachi 3:10, was God dealing with two priesthood at d same time with d same prophet malachi, see mal 1:6 "the Lord almihhty says to the priests...." mal 2:1 "listen, you priests, this command is for you...." mal 4:4 "remember to obey the instructions of my servant Moses,all the laws and regulations that i gave him on mount sinai for all Israel".

Show me where it said in malachi 3v8-10 where God said his instructions there are for the livetical priesthood or the Law of Moses. angry

Go study Malachi 3
At first it talked of a promised messenger in verse 1

In verse 2 to 5 it talked about a time that will come....a day of Change

It had nothing to do with the law of moses or the levitical priesthood....
It spoke of the Messiah to come and the day of Change.

Hallelujah!

Thread carefully o! Candour, Zikky, Christembassey, theoctopus, and the biggest of them all Goshen has been put to flight......................remain u and Kunle to come fall una hand hy una self.....emmm, Goshen by Kunle I mean PASTOR KUN grin grin

And I am not Joagbaje. It is like he gives u cramps? grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
Let me go and watch Manchester City vs Everton

U guys should use the period to cool off and call Kunle while at it

Cheers
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 1:14pm On Oct 05, 2013
Gombs:

Show me where it said in malachi 3v8-10 where God said his instructions there are for the livetical priesthood or the Law of Moses. angry

Thread carefully o! Candour, Zikky, Christembassey, theoctopus, and the biggest of them all Goshen has been put to flight......................remain u and Kunle to come fall una hand hy una self.....emmm, Goshen by Kunle I mean PASTOR KUN grin grin

Like I said, keep spamming the thread. The purpose of my continued participation on this thread is not you but the innocent, naive and gullible that are seeing the truth about tithe for the first time and getting wiser thereby.

Keep lying while we keep calling out your lies.You're actually a partner in progress whether you like it, know it or not grin

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
Gombs:

Go study Malachi 3
At first it talked of a promised messenger in verse 1

In verse 2 to 5 it talked about a time that will come....a day of Change

It had nothing to do with the law of moses or the levitical priesthood....
It spoke of the Messiah to come and the day of Change.

Hallelujah!

bros u well so, or u like to play 'klint da drunk' pls explain malachi 4:4, if u can't, pls say so.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2013
@ Gombs,

Is Melchi A MAN or not? Lemme me take it step by step with you now.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
^^
Are you blind? Or wanna fall hand this early?

Did I make reference to Malachi 3v8-10 or Malachi 4v4

Eh?
Why would you leave the context of Mal 3 and call for me Mal 4v4? Even after I explained Mal 3 for you.

grin grin

You should phone Kunle plz...cos now, you,Goshen, candour, zikky, theoctopus, and Christembassey needs his help. Make him do come fall him hand too
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2013

Is Melchi A MAN or not? Lemme me take it step by step with you now.

He is A MAN by sexx (gender)
But he is/was not a mortal ie he was/is immortal...but he had flesh.

If you now say how can an immortal have flesh...then I want you to answer whether those angels that came down from Heaven and slept with ladies on earth...did they have flesh? Yes or no
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 3:14pm On Oct 05, 2013
Gombs:

He is A MAN by sexx (gender)
But he is/was not a mortal ie he was/is immortal...but he had flesh.

If you now say how can an immortal have flesh...then I want you to answer whether those angels that came down from Heaven and slept with ladies on earth...did they have flesh? Yes or no

If he was not a mortal man, how did he became KING of Salem?

If he is A man, you agreed. How did he come into the earth or world?

Your reference to Angels is out of point, I'm focusing on Melchi with you for now. Melchi was a man you agreed, angels are spirit beings. Are both same being?

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
^^
You asking me how he became King of Salem?
Lol

You asking me how he came into d world? Refer the below

KJV: Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

Ask God if you don't still get it! grin

The angels were spirit beings, but when they came down to earth and had sexxx with ladies on earth, did they have flesh or not?
If you can't answer this...wait for Kunle. I'm done with u
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 4:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
Gombs: ^^
Lol

The angels were spirit beings, but when they came down to earth and had sexxx with ladies on earth, did they have flesh or not?

Mr, you can't be done with me. Please quote that in AMP version again please grin Does someone who is A MAN jump down from heaven? grin Look, I will expose you to the end. grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
Gombs: ^^
Lol

Hebrews 7:3-5
Amplified Bible (AMP)
3 Without [record of] father or mother or ancestral line, neither with beginning of days nor ending of life, but, resembling the Son of God, he continues to be a priest without interruption and without successor.

Hebrews 7:3-5
Expanded Bible (EXB)
3 ·No one knows who Melchizedek’s father or mother was [L …without father, without mother], ·where he came from [L without genealogy], ·when he was born, or when he died [L having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; C something unstated was assumed not to exist]. Melchizedek is like the Son of God; he continues being a priest forever [C Melchizedek’s unmentioned genealogy in Genesis is, by analogy, like Jesus’ eternal Sonship and priesthood].

O ya, let's start translation gyrations... grin

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 4:54pm On Oct 05, 2013
@ Candour, shey you dey see me see wahala so? People wan teach bible, them no efen understand simple English.

@ Gombs,
Where art thou? Does a MAN fall from heaven?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
Goshen360: @ Candour, shey you dey see me see wahala so? People wan teach bible, them no efen understand simple English.

@ Gombs,
Where art thou? Does a MAN fall from heaven?

dont worry my bro. Gombs is strictly and fully into spamming mode now. He's like the proverbial bull in a china shop....only this time, this particular bull is blindfolded and dazed so just imagine the destruction it will leave in its wake. grin cheesy

Maybe he needs Debosky's english skills grin

No wahala sha. i get plenty time to spend on him.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 5:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
@Gombs, did d Melchi's order CURSE ppl who refuse to pay tithe?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 5:04pm On Oct 05, 2013
Kenny4lyfe: @Gombs do you have the book Don't Stop Here by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome? Chapter 2 deals with Tithe and other giving. It'll help! I'll have my own review ready soon!

You can get the e book version , easy to copy and paste instead of typing.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 5:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
Goshen360:

Just tell us in plain language who Malachi 3:8 was refering to, no need playing card here.

Malachi 3 was written to Jews. What's the big deal there?

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 5:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
christemmbassey: @Gombs, did d Melchi's order CURSE ppl who refuse to pay tithe?

It pronounced a blessing for those who did....do the math if someone didn't

grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 5:14pm On Oct 05, 2013
Joagbaje:

Malachi 3 was written to Jews. What's the big deal there?

Tell Gonna that truth. Why then do you enforce it on Christians. In fact, tell Bidam, Image123, AlwaysLIE who always say every word of the bible is for us, gentile Christians.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (34) (Reply)

Which Prayer Mountain (ori-oke) Can One Go For Serious Prayers & Deliverance? / Calendar Souvenir Made For Apostle Suleman When He Got Married In 2004 / Is Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android Sin Before God. Pls Read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.