Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (39939 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 9:12am On Jun 26, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
SMH.
There's nothing quite like seeing a tool, behaving as expected, posting a silly remark as one like this and mistaking my silence for weakness or lack of courage

If you havent and dont understand my words, am not surprised you dont understand the intermission and silence

Next time, try ''Hmmm finally found time and/or a suitable period to publish a rebut''

Yep will be nice and will be with great delight to have your self-conceited person for breakfast, lick, chew and crunch the bones before spitting them out

Hehehehehheh... E pain am. It's good you finally summoned the spine to write something.

Ehen, Joagbaje that hardmirror guy refused giving me names of folks he mentioned in his fairy tale. I wanted to do a Christine Amanpour on him, I feel he's a total scam. Abi be ko?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MuttleyLaff: 10:12am On Jun 26, 2016
Gombs:
Hehehehehheh... E pain am. It's good you finally summoned the spine to write something
Write what you like in abuse of me but I know you're smart enough to know it has nothing to do with finally summoning spine to write

I am never at loss for a response. I had 99% of all those already written up but never got to allocating time to publish them
My confidence is silent, it's your insecurities that are loud
Goshen360 earlier told you he doesnt have your time,
I too, am very protective of my time, and prefer to prioritise what I used my time for
Sorry, posting rebuts on this thread obviously is at the bottom of the pecking order

Gombs:
Ehen, Joagbaje that hardmirror guy refused giving me names of folks he mentioned in his fairy tale. I wanted to do a Christine Amanpour on him, I feel he's a total scam. Abi be ko?

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by openmine(m): 4:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
MuttleyLaff:
Write what you like in abuse of me but I know you're smart enough to know it has nothing to do with finally summoning spine to write

I am never at loss for a response. I had 99% of all those already written up but never got to allocating time to publish them
I too, am very protective of my time, and prefer to prioritise what I used my time for
Sorry, posting rebuts on this thread obviously is at the bottom of the pecking order

Bro u dey try ohhh....
Thats what they are...from pillar to post...
Shey he told u his "tithing" is based on a "kingdom principle" which has no backing from scripture? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Joagbaje(m): 5:32pm On Jun 26, 2016
Gombs:

Hehehehehheh... E pain am. It's good you finally summoned the spine to write something.

Omo mala bawo ni
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 5:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
MuttleyLaff:

But, it actually was. I can't say if it were testesterone or adrenalin though, Whatever it was... i like it. cheesy

Yeah, I actually first thought about green energy, I didn't just allocate time to publish it.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol, forget Goshen360. How can he? Fly fit perch on hot stove? undecided

like the time you protectively used in this thread "Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits"? Yeah, right.

You can take a vacation then. Retirement isn't a bad idea bro. cool
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 7:59pm On Jun 26, 2016
openmine:

Bro u dey try ohhh....
Shey he told u his "tithing" is based on a "kingdom principle" which has no backing from scripture? grin grin grin

Kingdom principles indeed.... grin. Same as it is with (DOMI) David Oyedepo Ministry International...that's their father in this "kingdom principles" thing without any scriptural backing...... grin

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MuttleyLaff: 9:20pm On Jun 26, 2016
openmine:
Bro u dey try ohhh....
I hail you jaare.
Pillar to post indeed and their weak diversionary tactic attempts
Looks like you know Joagbaje and Gombs a whole deal more than I thought I did

openmine:
Shey he told u his "tithing" is based on a "kingdom principle" which has no backing from scripture?
Well he said Tithes And Offerings are Eternal Principles but OP never gave an explanation or responded to Goshen360 asking:When you say "eternal principles", what does that mean?

Him and his lackey Gombs wont accept that tithe and offering are eternal principles, comparable to and just as the law of gravity is an eternal principle
They dont want to see that, giving is an eternal principle too, comparable to the law of aerodynamics, another eternal principle like the law of gravity

Are not agreeing that the principle of giving and the law of aerodynamics are not just run-of-the-mill eternal principles
but they are better eternal principles than tithe, offering and the law of gravity are
and this why the principle of giving superseded tithe and offering principles
This is why there is no where in the Bible it is found Jesus or Paul calling whatever the believers give or are to give tithe or offering
Tithe and/or offering, deliberately are not words used in any of the original text when talking about the believers' giving and/or collection

One or two religiously motivated and ulterior motive bible translations (e.g. TLP etcetera) have doctored original texts by inserting offering into their translation versions, in order to falsify the original content and deceive unsuspecting congregation for unclean personal gain or filthy lucre

What Joagbaje and Gombs dont want hear and accept is that giving, another eternal kingdom principle, has taken over, has taken the place of the old and no longer useful tithe and/or offering principles

Also Joagbaje and Gombs dont want hear and dont want to accept that the action or state of forcing or being forced to give tithe or do offering has been replaced with the principle of giving
Principle of giving, as meaning, freely transfering the possession of something or anything to someone, another or anyone without compulsion, manipulation or need of using curse or scare tactics and false information

Principle of giving is an easy and simpler doctrine to teach
The principle of giving, unlike the tithe & offering principles, has no hang-ups, it doesnt give anyone nightmares nor anxiety from not giving
The principle of giving, unlike the tithe & offering principles, it doesnt give you cause to feel worried, afraid, scared, frightened or embarrassed from not giving
The principle of giving for the believer has no penalties.
If you give, dey-dey, if you no give, dey-dey, God no dey vex

The principle of giving is a narrow gate, only few ever recognise or find it's narrow gate and this mainly because the principle of giving is often misunderstood.
For some like Joagbaje and Gombs, if or when the principle of giving's narrow gate is found, indoctrination makes it impossible to approach the gate.
For another lot, even if switched into, find it difficult to stay on the principle of giving road, so they exit to return back to the tithe & offering principles highway wide gate.

Just because the principle of giving path isnt always understandable, doesnt mean it is not a better and right path than the tithe & offering principle' highway
Avoid the tithe & offering principles highway with its gate that is wide for the Joagbaje and Gombs many who choose it's way
Exercise faith, by coming off this tithe & offering principles worn and beaten track for the principle of giving narrow gate

The tithe & offering principles have a gravitational pull and the properties to weigh down anyone clinging to or embracing them
but the principle of giving cancels out all gravitational pull, lifts you on to great heights, allowing you to soar.

So like the Wright brothers, did with the law of aerodynamics, dont be afraid to take unaccustomed paths, such as one like the principle of giving path, a right path approved by God, because it's always right unaccustomed paths that takes one to the best and high places

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MarkMiwerds(m): 1:07am On Sep 25, 2016
Many tithe proponents, in a feeble attempt to prove we are supposed to tithe today, will run to Genesis 14 as their proof-text.

Their argument is that tithing existed before the Mosaic Law, and is therefore “an eternal moral principle.”

But, is it really an “eternal moral principle” as they claim?

I believe Scripture proves it is not based on the following verse…

Exodus 10:26 (KJV) 26 Our cattle also shall go with us; there shall not an hoof be left behind; for thereof must we take to serve the LORD our God; and we know not with what we must serve the LORD, until we come thither.

In the text, Moses and Aaron argue with Pharaoh. Pharaoh wanted the Israelites to leave their cattle behind. Moses and Aaron said the animals would go with them, because they did not know what God would want them to serve Him with.

Had tithing been an eternal moral principle, there would have been no uncertainty.

Moses and Aaron would have known that ten percent of something would have been required. Yet they had no idea what would be required in serving God.

And, what was the sacrifice that was made when the Israelites left Egypt and arrived at the place God took them to? Was it a tenth of their monetary income?

Of course, it is easy to see that it was not a tenth of Moses’ monetary income. Nor did God require Moses to give a tenth of his livestock. as service to Him. As a matter of fact, many sacrifices were made prior to the Law. None of which was a tenth.

For this reason, we can know assuredly that the tithe that Abram gave to Melchizedek was not continued and could not be an “eternal moral principle”.

Nor was the tithe that the Israelites gave an eternal moral principle. Hebrews 7:18 states that the command to tithe was "weak and unprofitable," and was therfore, "disannulled."

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 6:15am On Sep 25, 2016
Hello mark, where have you been all the while?

shocked
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MarkMiwerds(m): 6:19am On Oct 01, 2016
Gombs:
Hello mark, where have you been all the while?

shocked
I have been around.

Had surgery on one of my eyes and am now able to see things I had not seen in more than thirty years. The surgeon gives God the glory.

4 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 9:17am On Oct 01, 2016
MarkMiwerds:
I have been around.

Had surgery on one of my eyes and am now able to see things I had not seen in more than thirty years. The surgeon gives God the glory.

WOW..

congratulation buddy!

i'm just too excited at the news....MORE THAN 30years you say? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
Gombs:

WOW..

congratulation buddy!

i'm just too excited at the news....MORE THAN 30years you say? shocked shocked shocked
Yes.

I was born with bad eyes. By the time I was two, I was wearing glasses.

In my twenties, I was declared to be blind, my vision had deteriorated that much. Wanting to be more independent, I was sent to a school for the blind in 1987 to learn to read and write braille and to walk with my folding white cane.

Still dependent in many areas though, such as being carried to doctor appointments, shopping, etc., etc..

Five years ago, a state doctor operated on my wife's eyes to correct some visual problems. (cataracts) He did such a good job on her, I visited him and asked if there was anything he could do for me.

He examined my eyes and put me under the knife a few weeks later. And today, I can see with one eye. The other, he said is not operable.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 5:02am On Oct 02, 2016
MarkMiwerds:
Yes.

I was born with bad eyes. By the time I was two, I was wearing glasses.

In my twenties, I was declared to be blind, my vision had deteriorated that much. Wanting to be more independent, I was sent to a school for the blind in 1987 to learn to read and write braille and to walk with my folding white cane.

Still dependent in many areas though, such as being carried to doctor appointments, shopping, etc., etc..

Five years ago, a state doctor operated on my wife's eyes to correct some visual problems. (cataracts) He did such a good job on her, I visited him and asked if there was anything he could do for me.

He examined my eyes and put me under the knife a few weeks later. And today, I can see with one eye. The other, he said is not operable.

You're a strong fellow!

One eye to see the beauty of the Lord isn't that bad ... You'll move this earth for Christ.

I'm so inspired by this story. God bless you buddy!

I've always had a sharp eye, never dimmed for a second... I'm sure I'm never going to need glasses too... These I could easily have taken for granted, but reading your story... I'm so so grateful I have them eyes to see.

Cheers bro!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MarkMiwerds(m): 12:32am On Oct 03, 2016
Gombs:

You're a strong fellow!

One eye to see the beauty of the Lord isn't that bad ... You'll move this earth for Christ.

I'm so inspired by this story. God bless you buddy!

I've always had a sharp eye, never dimmed for a second... I'm sure I'm never going to need glasses too... These I could easily have taken for granted, but reading your story... I'm so so grateful I have them eyes to see.

Cheers bro!
May your eyes never dim. But, as in the case of mine, if the ever do, hold on to what you have seen.

Before my surgery, I had to rely on memories of what I had seen in my pre-teen to early adult years. It helps to picture a bird singing in a tree when you hear his voice. Seeing the memories helps considerably to deal with the darkness I experienced.

Now, I walk with no cane at all. I still wear the sunglasses, as everything around me is so bright compared to before.

God be praised!

attaching a picture of me going into surgery. The eye covered is the one they operated on...

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by brocab: 8:54am On Oct 13, 2016
Tithes and offerings are eternal principles?
But it isn't written in the bible.

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by trustman: 10:02pm On Nov 03, 2016
One of the many questions 'tithers' have been unable to answer is this:
If tithing is so central to THE CHRISTIAN LIFE, how come the New Testament epistles missed giving it to us as clear command or instruction?

Until 'tithers' understand that the spiritual life for the CHRISTIAN is based on "a better covenant " and what that covenant consists of they can never move forward in their spiritual life.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 11:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
MarkMiwerds:
May your eyes never dim. But, as in the case of mine, if the ever do, hold on to what you have seen.

Before my surgery, I had to rely on memories of what I had seen in my pre-teen to early adult years. It helps to picture a bird singing in a tree when you hear his voice. Seeing the memories helps considerably to deal with the darkness I experienced.

Now, I walk with no cane at all. I still wear the sunglasses, as everything around me is so bright compared to before.

God be praised!

attaching a picture of me going into surgery. The eye covered is the one they operated on...

Wow.. Congratulations sir!

Now, you can do much more... Awesome

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by petra1(m): 7:35am On Feb 26, 2017
cool
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by brocab: 3:41pm On Feb 26, 2017
I was actually invited into the El Shaddai Catholic Church yesterday, and behold the Catholic priest had written a letter, planting them on every seat inside the Church-explaining the story about Jacob.
{Genesis 28:19-22} Then Jacob made a Vow saying if God will be with me, and watch over me, {V's 22} Jacob then offered God a tenth.
Secretly in writing the priest was asking for a 10% tithe, from the Church to help build their Church.
They said if you would like to receive a bigger blessing pay more.
I didn't expect this coming out from a Catholic Church, usually they are pretty secret about asking for money in Genial-But It was interesting to see-their own corruption within the Church-finely came alive, what I found interesting was everything the Catholic's had denied from the beginning is slowly but surely coming out into the open.
I was so pleased to be there, I had learnt they aren't any different to the Prosperity Preachers-sent out to deceive the world, preachers that are willing to return back to there rightful religion..
All those of "The Word of Faith Movement" are returning back to their rightful place..
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by brocab: 6:08am On Oct 21, 2017
To be honest, if the Church ran the course the way Jesus wanted it to run, and if the Church read their bibles more often, all Christians would be equally the same as the other.
We have all been through the mill, preaching tithing is preaching another doctrine, between us Christians' one would think, we are all reading the same scriptures from the same bible?
But this isn't the case, many Christians don't read, most rely on their pastors, others pick and choose, this just shows the Spirit of the Lord, is not in every man, woman and child, who claim to be saved.
{Matthew 22:21} Jesus said: give to Caesar, what belongs to Caesar, and give to God, what belongs to God.
Caesar's inscription is on the coin, and God's inscription, is His Word.
The day the Lord called me into His kingdom, I just knew it was my time to be called by the Lord free of charge.
Being touched by the Lord is a incredible feeling, I felt my insides had instantly changed, after I had dedicated my life over to the Lord, I was overwhelmed by His Spirit, I couldn't believe how instant everything was, it took a split second to change me, my eye's had opened like it never opened before, and I could see a new inner man rise from the dead.
As soon as I entered the Church the battle began, Christians had giving me a new direction about Christ, at times I was completely confused, I felt myself walking away from God, and the Church will say, I am Cursed with a cursed if I didn't pay tithes and offerings.
It took some time before I would know the Lords voice, He answered my prayer, but He waited until I could learn to understand Him' and through Word, tithes is a problem among the brethren, it causes arguments and disputes, envy, strife, it reviles evil suspicions, tithes causes greed that causes God's people to backslide and walk away from the truth, it causes men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose that godliness is their means to financial gain. Then Jesus said: From such withdraw yourselves.
Don't you see, Preaching tithing isn't a smart move, its preaching another doctrine, that causes problems within the Church, there isn't enough information in the bible to prove we are meant to tithe. Ask yourself why didn't the disciples preached tithing, and why didn't Jesus preach tithing.
Your call...
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Klimaths: 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
Lemme make a little contribution to the thread.
First, i would that, it be clear that i'm not a pastor or whatsoever anyone might think. The thinking of some as regards to the subject that anyone who agrees to such is brain washed or a pastor is shameful.
That point made, i'd add to what has been said that the subject is yet in existence and is valid.
My point comes from the word of the Master himself. The words of the Master is greater than the words of every one in the scriptures. His words can never fail.
And i yet discover that the Lord did not intend that tithe should go extinct.
We know the Lord is supreme and He is greater than Moses. The authority He commands is one that Moses did not have.
And we read of how the Master showed that when He brought the law of Moses to a wrap and introduced Kingdom principles (which the law was trying to do).
The master showed it here,

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in
danger of the judgment.’
But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the
judgment. And whoever says
to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be
in danger of the council. But
whoever says, ‘You fool!’
shall be in danger of hell fire. Matthew 5:21-22

Here, the Lord showed Supremacy when He said, BUT I SAY UNTO YOU....
Again, the Master said on another occassion,

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou
shalt not commit adultery:
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a
woman to lust after her hath
committed adultery with her
already in his heart. Matthew 5:27-29

Again, we see the Lord's supremacy when He used the phrase "BUT I SAY UNTO YOU". The "BUT" showed He was bringing a change here.
But now, the Lord comes to the issue of tithe and behold what he said,
But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue
and every herb, and neglect
justice and the love of God.
These you ought to have
done, without neglecting the
others.
Luke 11:42ESV

Is it not revealing? The Lord did not use the phrase, "BUT I SAY UNTO YOU". Instead, He said, These you ought to have
done
. Thats one big reason to show the Lord never abolished it.
By this, we understand that the Lord never put an end to it, He commended it.
People ask why there was no record of tithe in the book of Acts of Apostles. And i tell them, the book of Acts shows the Church in its evolving stage. The Church as contained in Acts was not perfect, it was evolving. A good bible student will spot that maturity increased in the Church. The Church we read of in the early chapters is not the same in maturity as that we read of in the later chapters. The Church was still experiencing growth.
And the greatest reason why a thing should be done is not because the Apostles taught it but because the Master said so.
Tithing is not yet extinct. If the Master was aware of it and did not personally scrap it but approved it, i see no reason why some one should try to convince me other wise.
Shalom!
note Jesus Christ spoke to them according to the law, he did the same thing when those men to be first to cast the stone to that woman caught in the act of fornication , he would have told them that stoneing the women was moses law and hence wrong, but he said if you have not sin first cast the stone. There was no were in the bible Jesus cancelled the law of moses , does that mean then that we should still continued in that law of moses
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by brocab: 11:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
Are you are Jew?
Actually by changing one law, changed them all.
Mentally you don't see it, Psychically it's there.
Those men were armed and ready to caste the first stone, but Jesus came along and said to them, let those who have not sinned caste the first stone, the men actually walked away, and later as we read the scriptures the woman never received her punishment.
{Hebrews 10:28} Anyone who rejected the law of Moses, died without mercy on the testimony of two to three witnesses.
Only God can Change the law.
{Don't forget the word says, if one law was broken, you have broken them all, the men had broken the law of Moses they walked away} The law said: the woman must be stoned.
Don't you see it, In just a few words Jesus had changed the law, it was a sin to disobey the law of Moses, we are all sinners, and the sinners were casting stones against each other, Jesus stood up and said: those who don't sin caste the first stone, everyone walked away, this old law no longer applies to anybody.
{2 Corinthians 3:16} And even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts, But when anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. {Meaning we are no longer under the law of Moses}
Under the law of Moses, there were around 613 laws to be carried out by the Jews, disobey one law, you are guilty of them all. {James 2:10} "Jesus had taken away one law that changed all the laws of Moses in just a few words, it is a sin to disobey one law, and those men about to caste of their first stone were law breakers just like the woman.
Taking one law out of the 10 commandments, had changed them all. God said: they must obey all the 10 commandments, disobey one, you have disobeyed them all. {Exodus 20:8-10} For sample..
Jesus Christ is the only one that can take away, what God had given. {Job 1:21}
Instead we follow the laws Jesus had given us only two commandments love God with all our heart, mind and soul, and love your neighbour as yourselves.
Klimaths:
note Jesus Christ spoke to them according to the law, he did the same thing when those men to be first to cast the stone to that woman caught in the act of fornication , he would have told them that stoneing the women was moses law and hence wrong, but he said if you have not sin first cast the stone. There was no were in the bible Jesus cancelled the law of moses , does that mean then that we should still continued in that law of moses
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by brocab: 7:59am On Oct 26, 2017
Question: "What does it mean that Christians are not under the law?"

Answer: An exposition of {Romans 10:4} which says: "Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes," will help in understanding what is means that Christians are not under the law. The apostle Paul clarifies the effects of original sin in {Romans 2:12} stating "All who sin apart from the law will perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law." All men stand condemned before God, whether they are Jews or not, or to put it another way, whether they have the Law of God or not. Paul also states "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

If we are without Christ, we are justly condemned in God’s sight by the Law that was given to His servant Moses. However, we might argue that those who are not Jewish and therefore do not benefit from the knowledge of the Mosaic Law (including the moral and ceremonial laws), should not be condemned in the same way. This is dealt with by the Apostle in {Romans 2:14-15} where he states that the Gentiles have the essence of God’s legal requirements already ingrained and so are just as much without excuse.

The Law is the issue that has to be dealt with in order to bring us into a right relationship with God. "Know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified" (Galatians 2:16) This passage reveals that the Law cannot justify or make righteous any man in God’s sight, which is why God sent His Son to completely fulfil the requirements of the Law for all those who would ever believe in Him.

Christ Jesus redeemed us from the curse that has been brought through the law by becoming a curse for us (Galatians 3:13). He substituted Himself in our place and upon the cross took the punishment that is justly ours so that we are no longer under the curse of the Law. In doing so, He fulfilled and upheld the requirements of the Law. This does not mean that Christians are to be lawless, as some advocate today—a teaching called antinomianism. Rather, it means that we are free from the Mosaic Law and instead under the law of Christ, which is to love God with all of our being and to love our neighbors as we love ourselves.

Christ became the end of the Law by virtue of what He did on earth through His sinless life and His sacrifice on the cross. So, the Law no longer has any bearing over us because its demands have been fully met in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Faith in Christ who satisfied the righteous demands of the Law restores us into a pleasing relationship with God and keeps us there. No longer under the penalty of the Law, we now live under the law of grace in the love of God.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by An2elect2(f): 10:31am On Oct 26, 2017
Wolf agbaje got roasted on his thread cheesy
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by JoshMedia: 8:19am On Oct 27, 2017
brocab:
Question: "What does it mean that Christians are not under the law?"

Answer: An exposition of {Romans 10:4} which says: "Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes," will help in understanding what is means that Christians are not under the law. The apostle Paul clarifies the effects of original sin in {Romans 2:12} stating "All who sin apart from the law will perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law." All men stand condemned before God, whether they are Jews or not, or to put it another way, whether they have the Law of God or not. Paul also states "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

If we are without Christ, we are justly condemned in God’s sight by the Law that was given to His servant Moses. However, we might argue that those who are not Jewish and therefore do not benefit from the knowledge of the Mosaic Law (including the moral and ceremonial laws), should not be condemned in the same way. This is dealt with by the Apostle in {Romans 2:14-15} where he states that the Gentiles have the essence of God’s legal requirements already ingrained and so are just as much without excuse.

The Law is the issue that has to be dealt with in order to bring us into a right relationship with God. "Know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified" (Galatians 2:16) This passage reveals that the Law cannot justify or make righteous any man in God’s sight, which is why God sent His Son to completely fulfil the requirements of the Law for all those who would ever believe in Him.

Christ Jesus redeemed us from the curse that has been brought through the law by becoming a curse for us (Galatians 3:13). He substituted Himself in our place and upon the cross took the punishment that is justly ours so that we are no longer under the curse of the Law. In doing so, He fulfilled and upheld the requirements of the Law. This does not mean that Christians are to be lawless, as some advocate today—a teaching called antinomianism. Rather, it means that we are free from the Mosaic Law and instead under the law of Christ, which is to love God with all of our being and to love our neighbors as we love ourselves.

Christ became the end of the Law by virtue of what He did on earth through His sinless life and His sacrifice on the cross. So, the Law no longer has any bearing over us because its demands have been fully met in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Faith in Christ who satisfied the righteous demands of the Law restores us into a pleasing relationship with God and keeps us there. No longer under the penalty of the Law, we now live under the law of grace in the love of God.

So unfortunate that you're just a sign post, you put up those stuffs everyday (copy and paste,) without reading a line of it. Well, am not surprised at all, because it's in the Bible, people like you will always be found.
You considered yourself to be holy, but it's a pity, you're just a religious bigot. seek God And Not Popularity..

Right now, you're nothing but an hypocrite, who copy and paste without having a glance.........
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by brocab: 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
Or maybe I am more then just a sign post, sharing the Word of God to people who have an interest in reading it, I can't please everybody, and I am not expecting to please you, call me what you please, its only words from a fool, that's right I don't agree on tithing, its unbiblical, get used to it, if you don't like it, turn the page.
Obviously you haven't taken into account, I am also writing stuff from my own experiences, but a little copying doesn't go are stray, plus it suits me fine knowing the Lord is speaking through others that tithing isn't biblical, obviously you aren't allowing the lord to speak to you, not while the cash is flowing in all directions..
Tithers can't seem to see the differences between the law of Christ and the Mosaic law, and tithing isn't a love offering..
And if you are a tither For example, the "new" "Law of Love" is NOT the Mosaic Law of the Old Covenant!
{Romans 8:2} For the law of the spirit of life is Christ Jesus, He had made me free from the law of sin and death.
When a preacher stands in the pulpit and insists that Christians must pay ten percent of their gross income to the church, that preacher is not grounded in Bible basics about the covenants, the law, national Israel, and the church, "He is not "rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Tim. 2:15)
He is preaching "another gospel" your gospel that is "perverting the gospel" (Gal. 1:6-7) While Paul said that he had "fully preached the gospel of Christ" and that he had "kept back nothing that was profitable", tithing is not once encouraged by Paul (Rom. 15:19; Acts 20:20) If the epistle of Hebrews is not written by Paul (as many think), then the word "tithe" never appears in his writings. But in a tithers case, they prefer to stay under the law of sin and death..
As previously mentioned, churches that preach tithing based on texts from the Mosaic Law have missed the differences between law and grace, the old and new covenants, and Israel and the church.
First, they preach a tithing message to believers who are dead to that law (Rom. 7:4)
Second, they preach a weak and unprofitable law that has ended at Calvary (Heb. 7:18)
Third, they preach a law that has absolutely no glory and, therefore, no power to revive the church (2 Cor. 3:10)
Fourth, they preach a law that has been canceled, blotted out, nailed to the cross, abolished annulled, and that has long since faded away, because it was obsolete (2 Corinthians. 3:11; Ephesians. 2:15; Col. 2:14; Heb. 7:18; 8:13)
Tithing, as part of the Mosaic Law, is now a spiritless, revival-less doctrine.
Tithing turns a good Christian into a fearful legalist who is afraid of the wrath and curse of God if he/she does not "pay up." It drives many away from the church because they are too poor to give 10% of their gross income. It also deprives well-qualified poor members from holding church leadership positions. Isn't that the truth.
And if you hate this page, don't worry i will give you more to fill up your day.,
JoshMedia:

So unfortunate that you're just a sign post, you put up those stuffs everyday (copy and paste,) without reading a line of it. Well, am not surprised at all, because it's in the Bible, people like you will always be found.
You considered yourself to be holy, but it's a pity, you're just a religious bigot. seek God And Not Popularity..

Right now, you're nothing but an hypocrite, who copy and paste without having a glance.........
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by brocab: 11:37pm On Nov 09, 2017
Men and women on drugs, drink, porn, and everything else that follows, these are prayed for..
It's the Church that needs our prayers, believers in Christ who have one foot in the door, and the other in the world, Christians that come to Church on Sunday, who does bible studies and fits in with the crowd are the ones that needs our prayers.
Young people coming to Christ-because mummy and daddy are Christians, they say to their Children, which way would you prefer, to be with Jesus in heaven in all His glory, or spend eternity burning in hell! Of course the Children will say they would rather spend eternity with Jesus, then Mummy and Daddy will say 'now say this prayer, and everything will be alright, you are saved.
Most Christians believe once saved always saved, this isn't true, those who are truly saved, are led by the Spirit changing for Christ.
{Romans 7:18-19} Paul makes himself clear, how he feels after sinning, "But now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me, {that is, in my flesh} nothing good dwells, but to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will do, I do not do, but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
This is a heart of a Christian living for Christ.
Are people coming to Christ for the right reasons, most of the time Mummy and Daddy haven't a clue where their Children are, they can pull the wool over their parents eye's, but they can't pull it over God's.
But not only the youth are to blame, of the street, or just out of prison Pastors, have learned new ways how to make plenty of money without them being caught by the law.
Legalism in Church have allowed criminals to turn a Church into a business, that's earning monies they themselves couldn't of made in a life time on the street.
Pastors preaching to be paid.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Oyedepo: Lagos, Ogun Now Infected With Anti-Church Virus / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Shoprite's Looting In Nigeria Over Xenophobia In SA / Pastor Victor Ativie: Osinachi Nwachukwu's Husband Hid Money Paid To Her (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.