Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts (6391 Views)

SHOCKING: See One Borehole Nigeria’s MDG Office Pays N154 Million For / Homosexuality Is NOT Un-African - The Evidence / President Buhari Stands Tall Amongst West African Leaders (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by VoteOutPDPJona: 2:23pm On Sep 28, 2013
Fresh Hair! grin

On a serious note, I say thanks to Mr President for the praises showered on him.
Now, one of the aims of the MDGs is 'eradicating extreme poverty and hunger' ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Development_Goals, [url] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_poverty[/url]).

Unfortunately, this will remain a mirage if Mr President is afraid to fight corruption, a major sustainer of poverty.

The President said “ When you talk about corruption, the private sector is involved; the public sector is involved; even individuals. But I wouldn’t want to mention names so that I will not be attacked.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerians-encourage-corruption-jonathan/
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 28, 2013
dirtymoney: GEJ FOR LIFE..
. Sorry guys for intruding, Mr dirtymoney, I sent u a pm, (nairaland custom pm) I guess u ddnt see it. Pls can I have a private audience wif u?
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 28, 2013
dirtymoney: GEJ FOR LIFE..
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by Stylz69(m): 3:11pm On Sep 28, 2013
chukwuinya: i hav neva heard of any social protection scheme before,what is it all about when that one start for this naija
It is a social safety net programme known as conditional cash transfer(cct). As the name implies it is conditional and if an individual or household meets certain conditions, they are entitled to join the scheme. It isn't always sharing of 'free' money; it varies from State to State. For instance, Ogun State targets pregnant women;who must attend ante natal and prenatal care sessions. In return, they are paid an allwance and are given a 'Mama Kit'. IN Ondo STate, beneficiaries are targeted frm househlds classified as extremely poor and are given a Basic INcome Guarantee(BIG) of 5000 mnthly for a certain number of months and then given a lump sum which I cannt remember called a PRAI (poverty reduction accelerator investment) to set up a business.

1 Like

Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by CCIECLASS: 3:30pm On Sep 28, 2013
I'm not saying GEJ has not tried, I'm just wondering why an average Nigerian like myself has not felt it

1 Like

Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 28, 2013
Excellent, I am not surprised at all. I keep saying that Dr. GEJ is the greatest black President ever(greater than Obama of US).

Congrat your Excellency Sir.

The Federal and States Min of Information and National Orientation Agency will do a lot of good to educate and enlighten Nigerians of every government program.

Long Live GEJ
No Vacancy in Aso Rock

2 Likes

Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by Rossikk(m): 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2013
CCIECLASS: I'm not saying GEJ has not tried, I'm just wondering why an average Nigerian like myself has not felt it
When last did you travel out of your current base by road, rail or air? Have you applied for a business loan lately? These are some of the areas where there are positive changes, but if you don't use them you won't feel their impact.
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by lateef4me(m): 4:43pm On Sep 28, 2013
GEJ is working ,God bless federal republic of Nigeria......
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by BrosPeter: 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2013
long live mr president, may your reign continue.
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by Mekanze: 5:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
Jonathan is working, haters are hating.
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by Oildichotomy(m): 5:48pm On Sep 28, 2013
This is a perfect example of how to lie to the world.
It takes dumb skills to sell statistics such as these to fellow politicians and get an applause.
I appreciate him for that.
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by comrChris(m): 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2013
Anybody who says he/she is yet to see the trans4mation going on in all the sectors can never ever see a truth n recognise it,u voted a president n started blackmailing him n even want him 2 fix things others spoiled for almost 50yrs in 3yrs,very unfair judgement l must say.
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by Ayowumie(m): 6:14pm On Sep 28, 2013
I'm not sure the report that Nigeria has attained 65% reduction in maternal mortality ratio (MMR) is right. I have spent the last 7 months researching maternal mortality trend in Nigeria. I never came across any proven research that supports the assertion that Nigeria has made such tremendous progress. Such assertion is only objectively possible if a nation-wide health survey is conducted. I havent been in Nigeria for some months though. However, if a survey was conducted, I surely would have known about it.
I have searched through all known databases (known to me), I didn't come any one reporting such massive drop in MMR for Nigeria. Even on UN agencies website, none of them could make such grand assertions without having any survey conducted. According to the UN MDG report, the MMR. The latest report on MDG puts MMR in Nigeria at 630 (WHO 2013). MMR in Nigeria has never dropped to 350. Facts don't lie but politicians and journalists do.
I wont allow my work to be ridicule abeg o smiley . My thesis is on 'reducing maternal mortality in Nigeria following the success in Bangladesh'

http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/81965/1/9789241564588_eng.pdf
Check page 72.
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by Tedpgrass: 7:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
^^^^^^^^

My thoughts exactly.

If the NBS findings were to be true, then I'm impressed at such laudable achievements with ongoing security issues, entrenched corruption and a large proportion of society not understanding and enacting the word... civic responsibility..

I suppose an independent, apolitical NGO should monitor these figures and make public, their verifiable results.

Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by Litmus: 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2013
Ayowumie: I'm not sure the report that Nigeria has attained 65% reduction in maternal mortality ratio (MMR) is right. I have spent the last 7 months researching maternal mortality trend in Nigeria. I never came across any proven research that supports the assertion that Nigeria has made such tremendous progress. Such assertion is only objectively possible if a nation-wide health survey is conducted. I havent been in Nigeria for some months though. However, if a survey was conducted, I surely would have known about it.
I have searched through all known databases (known to me), I didn't come any one reporting such massive drop in MMR for Nigeria. Even on UN agencies website, none of them could make such grand assertions without having any survey conducted. According to the UN MDG report, the MMR. The latest report on MDG puts MMR in Nigeria at 630 (WHO 2013). MMR in Nigeria has never dropped to 350. Facts don't lie but politicians and journalists do.
I wont allow my work to be ridicule abeg o smiley . My thesis is on 'reducing maternal mortality in Nigeria following the success in Bangladesh'

http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/81965/1/9789241564588_eng.pdf
Check page 72.

Wow, thorough; one only wishes the same rigor applied to all statistics on Nigeria not just the positives ones.
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by JosMon(m): 9:14pm On Sep 28, 2013
my first post pls
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by sonickay(m): 9:58pm On Sep 28, 2013
slimthugchimee: jonathan 4 life haters lyk u go 2 hell GEJ TIL 2019
Avn't you collected ů̶̲̥я̲ lapdog salary from the 40man laptop Coordinating Officer? This is a member of the team for God's sake! U av been warned!
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 29, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Millenium Development Goals aka MDGs cheesy

I heard about that shyt during NYSC. I was a member. During CDS meetings, MDG NYSC Ganye chapter used to sit under the huge mango trees in the Local government office and talk about how many female students or fellow female corpers they are currently fvcking. cheesy

Miss those good ol' days grin
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by richt75: 12:14am On Sep 29, 2013
Celebrating national airways with 50 aircrafts on the 53rd anniversary. Haters should hale this regime. He has revived so many things.

1 Like

Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by sleekman(m): 4:05am On Sep 29, 2013
http://businessdayonline.com/2013/03/nigerias-mortality-rate-fast-reducing-unicef/

Thank God for the internet. Research and believe. Fresh Air 2015.

By the way who says GEJ isn't fighting corruption? He is but that the way its been done in the past. The wise ones say prevention is better than cure. how many FG establishments see free money 2 steal these days? Don't worry in some months time he'll chase the likes of Aliyu Babaginda, Ameachi, Oshiomole and Lamido.

1 Like

Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by autchman144(m): 7:05am On Sep 29, 2013
taharqa: I can't fit shout.

'He is not doing anything'; 'He is clueless'; 'He will bankrupt Nigeria', they say... Yea, Right!!!

MODs, FP abeg. These are what others are Seeing and Saying about our nation; why some CLOWNS in-country are jossing

nay-sayer!
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by ElijahOguns: 7:13am On Sep 29, 2013
Those that are blind can now see d deaf can now hear transformation is taking Nigeria to d next level Gej should continue till 2019 , Apc and merger thief should wait for now no vacancy in Aso rock.
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by ilebaami: 8:07am On Sep 29, 2013
VoteOutPDPJona: Fresh Hair! grin

On a serious note, I say thanks to Mr President for the praises showered on him.
Now, one of the aims of the MDGs is 'eradicating extreme poverty and hunger' ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Development_Goals, [url] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_poverty[/url]).

Unfortunately, this will remain a mirage if Mr President is afraid to fight corruption, a major sustainer of poverty.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerians-encourage-corruption-jonathan/

You cannot fight corruption except you set up the Institutions. The first is a transparent Constitution which we do not have in Nigeria. The Constitution is CORRUPT. Something like a corrupt operating system in a computer. NOBODY can reduce corruption in Nigeria without FISCAL FEDERALISM. Stop hating JONA for nothing. In the circumstance, GEJ is very good.
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by igbo2011(m): 8:09am On Sep 29, 2013
Education doesn't mean anything unless it is education to uplift and make Nigerians nationalistic and give us self pride. If we are educated to feel inferior then it is useless.
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by Mogidi: 8:34am On Sep 29, 2013
FRESH AIR TINZ!!

NO SURRENDER
GEJ 2015
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by taharqa: 8:42am On Sep 29, 2013
richt75: Celebrating national airways with 50 aircrafts on the 53rd anniversary. Haters should hale this regime. He has revived so many things.
Where did you get this from, Bros. Abeg, share...
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by VoteOutPDPJona: 9:54am On Sep 29, 2013
ilebaami:

You cannot fight corruption except you set up the Institutions. The first is a transparent Constitution which we do not have in Nigeria. The Constitution is CORRUPT. Something like a corrupt operating system in a computer. NOBODY can reduce corruption in Nigeria without FISCAL FEDERALISM. Stop hating JONA for nothing. In the circumstance, GEJ is very good.

Thanks a lot for your concern. It would blow your mind to discover I love 'JONA' more than you do. You wrote about corrupt constitution aka corrupt operating system in a computer. What do you do when such scenario plays out. Is it not to reformat your Hard Disk Drive. [size=14pt]Tell me, what tangible effort has the ruling PDP made to enshrine 'FISCAL FEDERALISM' in our 'CORRUPT Constitution' since May 29, 1999?[/size]

'JONA' is good. Unfortunately, he is like the Biblical seed sowed among torns (PDP). He will never utilize his goodness as long as the CABAL (PDP) surround him. There's no doubt he has good intentions for Nigeria. But his hands are tied, as a loyal party man....We, as a nation can't continue with mediocre performance churned out since May 29, 1999 by the UGLY CABAL, the PDP!
Re: UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts by ShineuEye: 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2013
GEJ continues to confound his detractors.

(1) (2) (Reply)

TINUBU: Always Getting The Job Done. Femi Gbaja Is Next Speaker. / Ofili-Ajumogobia, Obla Granted Bail On Self Recognition / 23,000 Ghost Enrolees Uncovered – NHIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.