Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,629 members, 7,816,592 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Secrets Of Great Writers - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Secrets Of Great Writers (568 Views)

Secrets Of the gods / Yoruba: The Nation Of Great Men And Fools. / The Secrets Of Great Men!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secrets Of Great Writers by Preceedo(m): 11:08am On Sep 28, 2013
Becoming a writer seems to be one of the most lucrative careers these days.
Being a writer goes beyond pouring ink on paper, obeying grammatical rules and narrating a story.

What are then the secrets of great writers and writings?

1. They loved writing:- while this sounds to be obvious, it is, in most cases, not considered by prospective writers. Researches show that great writers were people who wrote for the love of it. Many so called "writers" are unfortunately goaded by greeds and envy. These greedy writers write for the material purposes. They write big jaw-breaking grammars to soothe their ego. And unfortunately, because the foundation is built on the wrong motive little distractions send them off the pen.

2. Their Thoughts was their best friend:- History has it that most renowned writers were introvert. They were quiet men not talkatives. They listened to their thoughts. They could pick up the thiniest voice because of their quietness. They had time to think and allowed their pen to do the talking. They gained insight into ordinary, common, everyday happenings.

3. They were voracious readers:- relatives of great authors comfirm this. "you would always see him with a book" a friend of a celebrated author once said. They read all that came their way. Through which they were able to build their grammatical prowess, vocabulary, and see life through other great mind's eye. The truth is you can't vomit what you dont swallow. No matter how hard you try. When you pick up your pen to write words emanate from the subconscious to the conscious mind. These Ideas that come from the subconscious brain are from your past learnings. While you can choose whether to use or drop a produced idea in your conscious mind, you cant force the subconscious mind to bring an idea it does not have. And when these happens your writing would be a letter better than a secondary school essay.

THE SECRETS ARE NUMEROUS. YOU CAN DROP YOURS SO THAT EVERY FELLOW YOUNG WRITER WOULD LEARN!
pen is mightier than swords

1 Like

Re: Secrets Of Great Writers by repogirl(f): 11:12am On Sep 28, 2013
I concur.
Re: Secrets Of Great Writers by Preceedo(m): 11:34am On Sep 28, 2013
repogirl: I concur.
your a great writer. Ur narrative techniques and dictions are just breathtaking. I see another even better CHIMANDA ADICHIE emerging. You have the same potentials like her if not more. YES, life showed some people its white teeth but gives some people its dirty tongue to brush. Keep it up dear.
Re: Secrets Of Great Writers by repogirl(f): 12:08pm On Sep 28, 2013
Preceedo: your a great writer. Ur narrative techniques and dictions are just breathtaking. I see another even better CHIMANDA ADICHIE emerging. You have the same potentials like her if not more. YES, life showed some people its white teeth but gives some people its dirty tongue to brush. Keep it up dear.

woooooooow, all this for me? *bobs head up and down profusely* smiley thank you so very much, I so appreciate it.
Re: Secrets Of Great Writers by Obinnau(m): 2:31pm On Sep 28, 2013
great writers do not procrastinate. they pen down thier imaginations imediately they get the inspiration. am so bad at that though
Re: Secrets Of Great Writers by Preceedo(m): 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2013
Obinnau: great writers do not procrastinate. they pen down thier imaginations imediately they get the inspiration. am so bad at that though
thats absolutely true. Problem known is half solved.

(1) (Reply)

Gods Gift / I Am Not The Sun / A Plot With The Shadow.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.