Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 (1611 Views)

Babigida To Write His Own Letter To The President To Forget 2015 Ambition / Jokolo’s Bombshell: North Should Forget 2015 Presidency / Al Mustapha Jokolo’s Bombshell: North Should Forget 2015 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:06pm On Sep 28, 2013
Lyndon B. Johnson was the Vice President of the United States of America. He rose to the position of president when his boss, John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963. He became President that year, and ruled upto 1965 when the tenure of his late boss would have ended. In 1964, however, he contested and won the Presidential Election, to serve as president for the next four years. Having served his country as an elected president for four years, he could have run for another four years but rather left his deputy, Hubert H. Humphrey to run.

Goodluck Jonathan, like Lydon B. Johnson, succeeded his boss. He completed the unexpired tenure of his boss, Musa Yar'Adua, who died in 2010, even though he (Jonathan) had been the President before now, though on acting capacity.
Good Jonathan should feel like Lyndon Johnson did, that the six years he would rule would be enough for him to transform the United States of America when he contested. Jonathan would ruled Nigeria for nothing less than six years when his first tenure ends in 2015.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by NnamdiN: 7:31pm On Sep 28, 2013
So because the American did it, GEJ should do it too? What is it with you people and this man I would vote for GEJ just to spite his haters (nothing else). Nigeria's problems cannot be fixed in 4yrs

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:36pm On Sep 28, 2013
NnamdiN: So because the American did it, GEJ should do it too? What is it with you people and this man I would vote for GEJ just to spite his haters (nothing else). Nigeria's problems cannot be fixed in 4yrs
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
NnamdiN: So because the American did it, GEJ should do it too? What is it with you people and this man I would vote for GEJ just to spite his haters (nothing else). Nigeria's problems cannot be fixed in 4yrs
When it soothes you you imitate the United States, but when it doesn't you devise selfish means. You claim our type of presidential system is American model, but are our political office holders receiving meagre salaries like their counterparts in America?

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by safepassage2015: 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2013
APC e-witches and wizzards, Tinubu rats and Buhari sympathisers have cme again!!!!! Now its glaring dat gej is working they nw want to play d 'american' card to stop hm in 2015. Let nigerians decide his fate and not Чσυя dumb idea

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by NnamdiN: 7:49pm On Sep 28, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
When it soothes you you imitate the United States, but when it doesn't you devise selfish means. You claim our type of presidential system is American model, but are our political office holders receiving meagre salaries like their counterparts in America?
is this GEJ's fault? Does quitting stop another fo ol from replacing him? IMHO, I think He's the best so far.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by Xfactoria: 7:52pm On Sep 28, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Goodluck Jonathan, like Lydon B. Johnson, succeeded his boss. He completed the unexpired tenure of his boss, Musa Yar'Adua, who died in 2010, even though he (Jonathan) had been the President before now, though on acting capacity.
Good Jonathan should feel like Lyndon Johnson did, that the six years he would rule would be enough for him to transform the United States of America when he contested. Jonathan would ruled Nigeria for nothing less than six years when his first tenure ends in 2015.

To relinquish power for who precisely?

If for anything, in 2015, Nigerians should rise up and teach the north some hard lessons. Power belongs to God. No one should be rewarded for harassing, intimidating, killing and maiming others for the ultimate goal of regaining power at all cost.

The results are pouring in daily for GEJ's government now. So many moribund agencies are now active. By 2015, there should be enough reasons to return him if people will leave out sentiments.

7 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by oldenglish: 7:52pm On Sep 28, 2013
@ op is Nigeria fighting any war with another country? You have no clue why Johnson quit, he quit cos of the Vietnam war. Read history ok.

Saying when it soothes Goodluck supporter they quote American, who doesn't do that in Nigeria? In your own case you have quoted USA but you support anointing of a candidate without primaries in ACN/APC, they dont do such in USA you quoted ala Johnson. In NIGERIA everybody is a sycophant whether you accept it no not. That is why we need Association of Dead Nigerians to fight the cabals and their sycophants across all board. We are on it and the result will be good. Keep glued in here.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 28, 2013
X-factoria:

If for anything, in 2015, Nigerians should rise up and teach the north some hard lessons. Power belongs to God. No one should be rewarded for harassing, intimidating, killing and maiming others for the ultimate goal of regaining power at all cost.

No, you dont have to teach the "North" any of your fancy lessons. All yall gotta do is teach the corrupt and deceptive politicians whatever lessons your brain has thought up (regardless of their tribe and religion) by refusing to have them lead you in any capacity. Thats the lesson u ought to be teaching.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by atlwireles: 8:01pm On Sep 28, 2013
kingoflag:

No, you dont have to teach the "North" any of your fancy lessons. All yall gotta do is teach the corrupt and deceptive politicians whatever lessons your brain has thought up (regardless of their tribe and religion) by refusing to have them lead you in any capacity. Thats the lesson u ought to be teaching.

So there are saints among the politician that should be allowed to lead
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by druid06(m): 8:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
Mr President would not win the election come 2015. If you retards are too damn stupid to notice the irrefutable hole he's dragging the nation Nigeria into then I think I've lost all hope in humanity. He's been the president and acting for almost 4 years or more yet the 6 month governance of my great friend and father Yar'Adua was better and favourable than both the rule of the southern presidents combined. Let the mantle of leader change hands. I'm tired of imcompetence and mediocrity being the order of the day. I'm tired of GEJ and I'm sure millions of Nigerians feel the same way too.. Let's someone else carry that burden.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by atlwireles: 8:06pm On Sep 28, 2013
Orlando Owoh: Lyndon B. Johnson was the Vice President of the United States of America. He rose to the position of president when his boss, John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963. He became President that year, and ruled upto 1965 when the tenure of his late boss would have ended. In 1964, however, he contested and won the Presidential Election, to serve as president for the next four years. Having served his country as an elected president for four years, he could have run for another four years but rather left his deputy, Hubert H. Humphrey to run.

Why are you afraid of elections . Why is Jonah stepping down something most of you desire so much . Why not disgrace him at the ballot box

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by atlwireles: 8:08pm On Sep 28, 2013
druid06: Mr President would not win the election come 2015. If you retards are too damn stupid to notice the irrefutable hole he's dragging the nation Nigeria into then I think I've lost all hope in humanity. He's been the president and acting for almost 4 years or more yet the 6 month governance of my great friend and father Yar'Adua was better and favourable than both the rule of the southern presidents combined. Let the mantle of leader change hands. I'm tired of imcompetence and mediocrity being the order of the day. I'm tired of GEJ and I'm sure millions of Nigerians feel the same way too.. Let's someone else carry that burden.

Then wait for 2015 to settle scores. That's how things are done.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by druid06(m): 8:12pm On Sep 28, 2013
atlwireles:

Why are you afraid of elections . Why is Jonah stepping down something most of you desire so much . Why not disgrace him at the ballot box

He will be disgraced alright and I can't wait.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:13pm On Sep 28, 2013
atlwireles:

Read before commenting; I've not said the President should resign but that he shouldn't go for re-election in 2015, when he would have used six years.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2013
atlwireles:

Then wait for 2015 to settle scores. That's how things are done.
We shall wait till 2015, but don't forget he will have to go through a primary election because people will kick against a concensus candidate. And I doubt if he will win a free and fair primary, not to talk of the general election.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by israel007: 8:21pm On Sep 28, 2013
Bite me. He'll contest!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by atlwireles: 8:21pm On Sep 28, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Read before commenting; I've not said the President should resign but that he should go for re-election in 2015, when he would have used six years.

All about semantics, (don't run and resign because of 6yrs is all the same rubbish) your intent is clear. You are calling for resignation, pure and simple. Take your calls and battle to the ballot box. The Nigerian voter will make the determination for us.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by atlwireles: 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2013
druid06:

He will be disgraced alright and I can't wait.

I like that spirit, as long as you are willing to live with his victory come 2015.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
atlwireles:

All about semantics, (don't run and resign because of 6yrs is all the same rubbish) your intent is clear. You are calling for resignation, pure and simple. Take your calls and battle to the ballot box. The Nigerian voter will make the determination for us.
Nobody is saying he should resign but that he shouldn't contest again, blocked head. This is the second time I'm telling you. No wonder WAEC and NECO make millions from people like you that write English Language every year.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by mu2sa2: 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2013
Your suggestion is subject to vetting by powers behind the throne - pej, clark, even asari and " generals" in the MEND terrorist camp; of course the prophecy givers are very much in the equation ("god told me u are the messiah to take nigeria to the promised land..."wink. Gej is caged-in and cannot take decision on his own.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by druid06(m): 8:58pm On Sep 28, 2013
atlwireles:

I like that spirit, as long as you are willing to live with his victory come 2015.

Fucck that!. He's never going to win. He's going to loose by a landslide to an unstoppable opponent. I'm very sure of that.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by atlwireles: 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Nobody is saying he should resign but that he shouldn't contest again, blocked head. This is the second time I'm telling you. No wonder WAEC and NECO make millions from people like you that write English Language every year.

You don't have to say it wise guy. Your intent is clear.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
These slimy greaseballs never cease to amaze me. When your brother Obasanjo was there, why didn't you preach this Lyndon Johnson gospel to him. Not only did the greedy old fox enjoy a second term, he schemed, killed, bribed, and bullied his way to an abortive third term agenda!

Even your elitist messiah in Lagos - Fashola, why did you not preach the one-term gospel to him? And to the frog-eyed old rogue before him (Tinubu)? It seems that after too much Ewedu and Gbegiri, you suddenly remember Lyndon Johnson's "example", because an Ijaw man (who does not eat Amala) happens to be in power. May Sango disfigure that your oily mouth dia.

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by Afam4eva(m): 9:21pm On Sep 28, 2013
He shouldn't run just because Lyndon Johnson didn't? I don't get. Are they related? Is Lyndon Johnson an Ijaw man? Don't you think you should be giving us a good reason why Jonathan shouldn't run rather than telling us why he should copy Johnson.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
This op is sick. Get it into your head Mr Op that Goodluck must be our president till 2019. If you are tired of fresh air,please port to Somalia ASAP

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by Symphony007: 10:06pm On Sep 28, 2013
To be fair, LBJ did'nt seek another term because he was sure he will loose. The vietnam war was deeply unpopular and he was even going to fight tooth and nail for his party's nomination, so he just respected himself and above all the nation and stepped aside.

This speaks to a larger point about nigeria. The tribalism in this country will never allow an entire region turn their backs on their son. Jonathan knows he still has southern support, so he'll fight to an end. The average nigerian does'nt have the national interest at heart. Meanwhile for the average american, their national interest trumps all other affiliation. That's why they all turned their backs on the guy who gave them medicare, the voting rights acr,etc.. All because of vietnam which they say as a mistake and waste of money. We shall never see such unity of purpose amongs nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 28, 2013
atlwireles:

So there are saints among the politician that should be allowed to lead

I dont know about ANY human being EVER born with a heart or thats ever breathed oxygen that you can describe as a "Saint"... "Good man", maybe, but saint...eh, nah!

However, your biggest problem is Corruption so maybe you might want to try Buhari.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by hopilo: 4:00am On Sep 29, 2013
Jonathan would ruled Nigeria for nothing less than six years when his first tenure ends in 2015.

SIX YEARS INSTADE OF EIGHT YEARS? Why must one side concede 2years and the other side don't want to concede 2years to allow GEJ have 10years in govt. which constitution backs him.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by Nobody: 4:27am On Sep 29, 2013
hopilo: Jonathan would ruled Nigeria for nothing less than six years when his first tenure ends in 2015.

SIX YEARS INSTADE OF EIGHT YEARS? Why must one side concede 2years and the other side don't want to concede 2years to allow GEJ have 10years in govt. which constitution backs him.

Gbam!! Gbam!!

This hypocrites were here when their own son ruled Nigeria for 1976-1979 and came back in 1999 when he was running for second term no one remembered Lyndon johnson but rather he ended up ruling for 11 years.Now that an ijaw man has barely ruled for 4 years there are here calling for lyndon Johnson.Anuofia !! Ndi iru abuo

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Should Follow Lyndon Johnson And Forget 2015 by Nobody: 4:29am On Sep 29, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
We shall wait till 2015, but don't forget he will have to go through a primary election because people will kick against a concensus candidate. And I doubt if he will win a free and fair primary, not to talk of the general election.
Mumu he is in full control of the PDP structure.The so-called new PDP will never be recognised by INEC

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ezu River killings: Video Documentary / Mr President Sack Engr Amuchi Now! / Unizik SUG Nnewi Elections Heats Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.