Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,775 members, 7,955,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:52 PM

Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs (11506 Views)

NASS Officers Election: Crisis Brews In PDP / Fresh Crisis Brews In APC As Tinubu Posters Disappear From APC’s Secretariat / Trouble Brews In House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by asamaigho(m): 2:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
omenka: When Tunde Bakare said it's the president is on a mission to bankrupt the nation, people called him all sorts of unprintable names. Now, before our very own eyes, what he said is coming to pass.

The govt can't live up to it's financial obligations
We are borrowing every now and then from China
We run a huge deficit budget
Yet they tell us our economy is more robust that ever!!!

How do these people manage to sleep at night with all the lies they tell It really boggles the mind doesn't it?
! http://mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/president-jonathan’s-destiny-bankrupt-nigeria-–-tunde-bakare
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by asamaigho(m): 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2013
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by spacechuks(m): 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Jonathan should not realease any funds to tiffs
is that the best way to fight corruption
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
Akpa ife:
U r a big fool
you are so dumb ehn...
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by glory2glory: 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2013
I feel Gej knows what he is doing . He may be trying to restrict cash from opposition govs. The loyal govs may not be crying in silence as reported because there was a story weeks back about Gej giving them 20billion dollars to share for their loyalty. After all lawmakers are being offered 25 thousand dollars to remove Tambuwal.
Hmm...I see Okonjo resigning soon .
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 29, 2013
I know this, jonathan okonjo iweala n co r d worst thing that has ever happened to nigeria. they dont want to pay states allocation, what a worst government since the inception of democracy or let me say since d inception of nigeria!
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by kinguwem: 5:32pm On Sep 29, 2013
utumunta: This is a good development! Let the states begin to learn how to be self-dependent. Now, we know why a section of the country are proponents of "One Nigeria". They cannot sustain themselves without the free oil money from the FG.
Lagos state govt survived without allocations from the FG, when Obasanjo witheld it for over a year.
On fiscal federalism we stand!!
I support you absolutely. The governors are like beggars who go to the FG to get their meal. Fiscal federalism is the only way forward. How can a country have a large population of unproductive people including learned persons? As far as I'm concerned apart from few of them, the state governors have nothing to offer the people.
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by smemud(m): 6:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
nigeria is dead.We need revolution

Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by achinu(m): 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2013
While I don't support the withholding of allocations from the various states by the FG. What have all the silly/ incompetent governors done with the funds that's have been allocated to them so far besides squandering & looting the rest? Bunch of imbeciles calling themselves elected officials
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by muktarmtt(m): 1:05am On Sep 30, 2013
Akpa ife:
U r a big fool
Nope u r one who is fool of d forst oder wat d meaning of dat madness of d retarded prezdow ware is our money salary have not bein paid etc nd u go see one fool sayin GEJ 2015 while GEJ hold his monthly salary because of his stupid ambition mtsw,
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by Sloan: 3:22am On Sep 30, 2013
muktar mtt: Nope u r one who is fool of d forst oder wat d meaning of dat madness of d retarded prezdow ware is our money salary have not bein paid etc nd u go see one fool sayin GEJ 2015 while GEJ hold his monthly salary because of his stupid ambition mtsw,

Good comment! You know the governors now have a chance to extricate their states and resources from the FG! Let the states make it impossible and keep agitating for their taxes and natural resources to contribute a dime to the federal purse! Oh for FREEDOM! Let Nigeria fight for the freedom of its people but alas most of the governors are pusszies especially in the SE and ND and would rather remain bottom feeders than take the bull by the horn! Let the states that want to opt out do that at least, and whatever state contributes to the federal purse gets some allocation while states that opt out will generate their own revenue and keep all of it! I am sure the SW will NEED nothing from this useless, dead retardeen's government!
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by Nobody: 4:18am On Sep 30, 2013
Why cant the States Generate funds, why wait on the Federal Government for handouts?
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by skyfall: 6:25am On Sep 30, 2013
kingoflag: Why cant the States Generate funds, why wait on the Federal Government for handouts?

In that case the FG should hands off the resources of the states and let the owner states have full control. They'll then give the FG monthly subventions to run itself. That's how true federalism is run.

The FG is a money-wasting entity.
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 30, 2013
utumunta: This is a good development! Let the states begin to learn how to be self-dependent. Now, we know why a section of the country are proponents of "One Nigeria". They cannot sustain themselves without the free oil money from the FG.
Lagos state govt survived without allocations from the FG, when Obasanjo witheld it for over a year.
On fiscal federalism we stand!!
I think u've made gud assertions. I believe federal government shld be acting dis way at least 1s in a while. Allocations they've been collecting decades of yrs ago, what were they able 2 do with it? Only 2 pack d money 2 overseas. Idiot set of governors. I dnt even expect anybody to support them over this issue. This is an avenue 4 those governors 2 sit tight & come out with beta plans that will make them independent of d federal allocation. Not untill each of d governors starts 2 think of his state as a business enterprise that can have countless unshakeable passive revenues outside federal allocation, that's when Nigeria can move 2 d next level.
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by dailywealth1967: 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
GEJ should stop sending money to all the state governments.GEJ should as a matter of urgency stop every form of allocations,allowances and salaries to all senators,House of representatives and every counsillors in the country because they have all collectively connived to destroy GEJ lead government including all ministers.
Re: Revenue Shortfall: Fresh Crises Brews Between Jonathan And Govs by Nebeuwa(m): 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2013
Let the different state governments survive on their own without oil revenue. Then we shall see, which states are more dependent on oil than the others.

Oil has made some states lazy. Let them generate their own revenue.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Stop Your Obsession With Senate Presidency" - PDP Tells Oshiomhole / SaharaReporters' publication on IGP Adamu is "false and baseless" - Police / INEC Declares PDP Winner Of Cross River North Bye-Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.