Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Honda Accord 2005 Jerking During Accleration And Top Speed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2005 Jerking During Accleration And Top Speed (3242 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / My Car Is Stalling And Jerking When On Motion. / Jerking When Trying To Accelerate My 1998 Honda Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2005 Jerking During Accleration And Top Speed by Hayorowolahbi: 4:21am On Sep 29, 2013
I just bought a 2005 Honda Accord V6 Automatic Gear from the owner, and I noticed it jerks when one increases the speed. What can be the cause
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Jerking During Accleration And Top Speed by omenka(m): 9:16am On Sep 29, 2013
Check the rotors of your front wheels. They just might be warped or may have cracked.
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Jerking During Accleration And Top Speed by steffans(m): 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
Put Full tank and Put in a very gOod injector cleaner and try it.... Or check d fuel pump...

Or... Is d Jerk caused wen d gears are changing

Or do wats advised above!
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Jerking During Accleration And Top Speed by jam04(m): 11:51pm On Sep 29, 2013
Get it scanned and post the code(s)
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Jerking During Accleration And Top Speed by Hayorowolahbi: 8:30am On Oct 15, 2013
P0135, P0155, P2628, P2647.
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Jerking During Accleration And Top Speed by Hayorowolahbi: 8:46am On Oct 15, 2013
On the issue of My Honda Accord 2005, I noticed that it only starts jerking when it reaches 3000rpm. A mechanic has changed the car's VTEC switch (sensor) but the car is still jerking. I have scanned the car, and these are the codes, P0135, P0155, P2628, P2647. Thank you
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Jerking During Accleration And Top Speed by cardoctor(m): 10:30am On Oct 15, 2013
Hayorowolahbi: P0135, P0155, P2628, P2647.

P0135- Oxygen O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
Same as P2628 Honda Description
This code refers to the front oxygen sensor on Bank 1. The heated circuit in the oxygen sensor decreases time needed to enter closed loop. As the O2 heater reaches operating temperature, the oxygen sensor responds by switching according to oxygen content of the exhaust surrounding it. The ECM tracks how long it takes for the oxygen sensor to begin switching. It the ECM determines (based on coolant temp) that too much time elapsed before the oxygen sensor began operating properly, it will set P0135.

P0155- 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
This code refers to the front oxygen sensor on Bank 2. The heated circuit in the oxygen sensor decreases time needed to enter closed loop. As the O2 heater reaches operating temperature, the oxygen sensor responds by switching according to oxygen content of the exhaust surrounding it. The ECM tracks how long it takes for the oxygen sensor to begin switching. It the ECM determines (based on coolant temp) that too much time elapsed before the oxygen sensor began operating properly, it will set P0155.

P2647 Honda - VTEC Oil Pressure Switch Circuit High Voltage
P2647 Honda Description
The VTEC system activates the rocker arm oil control solenoid (VTEC solenoid valve) by command from the engine control module (ECM)/powertrain control module (PCM), and it charges/discharges the hydraulic circuit of the VTEC mechanism that switches valve timing between Low and High. The ECM/PCM monitors oil pressure in the hydraulic circuit of the VTEC mechanism using the rocker arm oil pressure switch (VTEC oil pressure switch) downstream of the rocker arm oil control solenoid (VTEC solenoid valve). If there is a difference between the oil pressure condition in the hydraulic circuit that is determined by the ECM/PCM command and the oil pressure condition that is determined by the status of the rocker arm oil pressure switch (VTEC oil pressure switch), the system is considered faulty, and a DTC is stored.

I hope these details above would point you in the right direction of diagnosing the faults on your car but I would still recommend that you check your fuel supply to the engine from the fuel tank.

What you described is typical of fuel supply restriction. At idle or low speeds, everything is fine but once you put your foot down for more power or speed, the engine starts cutting out and jerking yet it won't shut down.

The scan result DTC's that you posted may not be significant to this behavior but may be related.

Check your fuel pump pressure and filter and also check to see if there are constrictions in the fuel line. Probably some time earlier someone may have used jubilee clips to join the fuel pipes hence restricting full pressure flow in the pipes.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Honda Accord 2005 Jerking During Accleration And Top Speed by cardoctor(m): 6:04am On Oct 16, 2013
omenka: Check the rotors of your front wheels. They just might be warped or may have cracked.

Well out of point.

Car-Doctor.

(1) (Reply)

First Time Car Buyer / Selling Car Tyres At Affordable Prices / MTN Car Tracking Installation Process .help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.