Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Al-mustapha: Arewa Elders Misled Dokubo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-mustapha: Arewa Elders Misled Dokubo (1042 Views)

MASSOB Loyalists, Al-mustapha, Fasheun, Mrs. Ojukwu Other Storm Owerri / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE / Al Mustapha Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al-mustapha: Arewa Elders Misled Dokubo by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 29, 2013
Al-Mustapha: Arewa Elders Misled Dokubo

• North Will Soon Disown Him, Says Group

Former Chief Security Officer to the late Head of State, General Sani Abacha, Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, has said that the activities of some elders in the North were responsible for Asari Dokubo recent unpleasant utterances, saying that Dokubo would soon expose the names of the Northerners that misled him.

But a northern group north chided him for alleged romance with President Goodluck Jonathan, saying he was released from prison and engaged to dislodge the North from the 2015 general election.

Speaking during the one million match tagged, “National Unity Alliance,” organised by Al-Mustapha and Dokubo groups in Kaduna yesterday, Al-Mustapha said Dokubo’s utterances about the north was informed by the wrong impression the detractors from the region planted in him.

According to him, “At the moment, there is a big misconception about Asari Dokubo and the South South but I was privileged to get to the root of the matter when I was freed from the prison. Asari Dokubo and people from the South South talk to me about how to unite with the north and so I went after them and got to the root of the whole issue.

“Asari Dokubo got married here in the north. His first wife was a Fulani by tribe, the second is shuwa Arab and his children are grand children of the north.

“What I found out in the course of my visitation was that there were some detractors from the north that misled and misguided him. They are giving him wrong impression about the North. But Asari Dokubo has seen the light of truth; he has pleaded with the north and ready to expose the names of these detractors from the north that are going about giving wrong impression of the north,” Al-Mustapha said.

According to him, the unity and alliance he was struggling for was borne out of the need to unite and move the nation forward.

“After my release from detention, I took it upon myself to show appreciation to all those who rallied round me during my trial. It was at that time that youths and groups — both from South South and North —whispered into my ears, the need to unite the youths.

“But the whole thing you see here today has nothing to do with politics; I’m not bothered about power. We have carried this upon ourselves to ensure that unity and peaceful coexistence is achieved. I’m not doing this for the interest of anybody but for the love I have for this country.

“I’m from Yobe, and 30 out of 100 youths are going to school while the remaining 70 youths are out of school and the funds as well as their rights to go to school is being squandered by somebody. Gone are those days; everything must change now. We must put a stop to that,” Al-Mustapha added.

He however assured that youths in the North would come together “with a representative voice for the region, after which the South South would meet with the North for mutual understanding and agreement that would bring about positive development in the country.

But the Northern Coalition Movement, the Northern Youth Interactive Forum, the Youth Coalition Movement and the Northern Youth Revival Movement, through a spokesperson, Alhaji Kabiru Salihu Bako, jointly issued a statement on Thursday saying that it would be sad for Al-Mustapha, at 54, to be calling himself a youth and working to cause political disharmony in the national politics ahead 2015.

The group said the North would soon disown him

‘We hereby condemn the so-called ‘Al-Mustapha–Dokubo ‘ Kaduna conference under the auspices of the National United Alliance and call on northern youths to disassociate themselves from any act that is unprogressive to the region,’ he charged.

He added that Al-Mustapha could not speak on behalf of northern youths, even as the coalition condemned him for organising a rally in Owerri under the aegis of the Northern Youth Thought.

Source
Re: Al-mustapha: Arewa Elders Misled Dokubo by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 29, 2013
The re-invention of Al-Mustapha goes full steam. grin

1 Like

Re: Al-mustapha: Arewa Elders Misled Dokubo by musaajebor(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2013
Al mustapha is no lonfer the savior afterall
Re: Al-mustapha: Arewa Elders Misled Dokubo by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 29, 2013
Al-Mustapha for Governor of Yobe come 2015!
Re: Al-mustapha: Arewa Elders Misled Dokubo by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 29, 2013
Hahahahahaha!! They call him retardeen, yet he keeps thinking ahead of the time. Whoever muted the idea of Al-Mustapha's release is ...an evil genius!
GEJ has gotten all the support he needs from the north for the 2015 election. He has the young, vibrant and emerging leaders in his pocket, add that to the traditional rulers who detest ruffling of feathers or change of the old order and you will get the picture. The only man that commands followership in the north that opposes GEJ is Buhari. The rest, like El-rufa'I and Ribadu enjoy followership in the south, not north.

1 Like

Re: Al-mustapha: Arewa Elders Misled Dokubo by akpur1(m): 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
Dnt mind these bokos

(1) (Reply)

Why APC Is Scared Of National Dialogue - PDP / News:terrorists In Military Unifrom Kidnap Pastor And Six Of His Children[pics] / 100 Million Nigerians Have No Access To Electricity: PDP Is Working!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.