Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

A Blatant Liar! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Blatant Liar! (1710 Views)

Muslims Are Liar? / Punishment Of A Liar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Blatant Liar! by AlBaqir(m): 5:16pm On Sep 29, 2013
When sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah wrote in his famous work 'Minhaj al-sunnah (vol. 1 pg 11) that:

"The Jews hate Jibrail and say: ‘He is our
enemy amongst the angels’ as do the Rafidah (SHIA), they say ‘Jibrail made a mistake by sending the revelation to Muhammad’'

The adherent followers of Ibn Taymiyyah forgot to ask their master the source of his claims; however, another Sheikh of ahl al-sunnah wrote:

"Those liars spread rumors that the Shi’a are the followers of Ali and the Sunnis are the followers of Muhammad, and the Shi’a consider Ali worthier of revelation or the revelation went by mistake to other than him. Surely this is an ugly lie and ignominious fabrication”

~Difa an al-Aqeda wa al-Sharia by
Sheikh Ghazali, page 220.

Likewise a prominent Shi'a scholar wrote:

"“There is no one amongst the Shia from the
past until present that claims that Amir al
Muminin(Ali) is worthier for revelation than the Prophet. Verily this is just a lie fabricated by the opponents of the Shia to defame the reputation of Shia.”

~Al-Ghadir by Sheikh Amini, Volume 3
page 312

And my humble self writes:

1. How is it possible for an angel (not to mention Jubrail) who doesn't even has a base free-will or carnal desire as human does to commit a mistake?

2. How was the alleged mistake will be so great that Jubrail will not be able to distinguish between a Man of 40years old Muhammad(saws) and a lad of 8years old Ali (a.s) during his 'selection'.?

3. How was the mistake be so great that Jibrail will miss the direction of where Ali (a.s) was (he was in the house of Rasul) and then proceeded to a cave deep inside raven where no human being except Muhammad stayed for seclusion?

4. There are many other LIES attributed to Shi'a by Ibn Taymiyyah in his books which happened to be the "Qur'an" of his adherents.

5. Little wonder why these adherents followers of Ibn Taymiyyah write and exclaim the same accusation( and many) over and over with NO single evidence from Shi'a source!

This is a baseless argument in which only a mad man will imagine it.

We (Shi'a) testify that Muhammad(saws) is the seal of the prophets of Allah (peace be upon him and his household). And we believe in the wilayah (leadership) of Ali (a.s) after the holy prophet (saws).

Lastly, how can a seeker of truth hold on to the words of Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah when abuse, curse and harshness were his style of approach to other sheikhs of his time.

He has used the words "fool, person of double anus, donkey, mad, effeminates of the Jahamis” etc" to the following Scholars and groups:
Ibn sina, Imam Ghazali, sheikh Najmudeen al-ketabi, Sufi, Muta'zilas, Asharis, shi'as et al.

These were few scholars and groups he reined abuses and words on to. (See: Majm'oa al-Fatawa, Fatawa al-kubra, Minhaj al-sunnah etc)?

In retrospect, many scholars of ahl sunnah has dubbed him heretic.

How can I follow he who never got married nor go to hajj in his entire life yet he claimed to know sunnah!

Ahl sunnah! Kindly wake up from the myth and disease of "Shi'a is this! Shi'a is that!
Re: A Blatant Liar! by vedaxcool(m): 11:09am On Sep 30, 2013
“With regard to me, two categories of people will be ruined, namely he who loves me too much and the love takes him away from rightfulness, and he who hates me too much and the hatred takes him away from rightfulness. The best man with regard to me is he who is on the middle course. So be with him and be with the great majority of Muslims because[b] Allah’s hand of protection is on keeping unity.[/b] You should beware of division because the one isolated from the group is a prey to Satan just as the one isolated from the flock of sheep is a prey to the wolf. Beware! Whoever calls to this course [of sectarianism], kill him, even though he may be under this headband of mine.”

(Source: Al-Islam.org, http://www.al-islam.org/nahjul/126.htm)

1 Like

Re: A Blatant Liar! by LagosShia: 9:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
vedaxcool: “With regard to me, two categories of people will be ruined, namely he who loves me too much and the love takes him away from rightfulness, and he who hates me too much and the hatred takes him away from rightfulness. The best man with regard to me is he who is on the middle course. So be with him and be with the great majority of Muslims because[b] Allah’s hand of protection is on keeping unity.[/b] You should beware of division because the one isolated from the group is a prey to Satan just as the one isolated from the flock of sheep is a prey to the wolf. Beware! Whoever calls to this course [of sectarianism], kill him, even though he may be under this headband of mine.”

(Source: Al-Islam.org, http://www.al-islam.org/nahjul/126.htm)

wont you stop to mislead yourself with open eyes using the above? cherry-picking and taking texts out of context doesn't help your case.open the link you posted and read its content fully.
Re: A Blatant Liar! by Shyeikulislam1(m): 6:31am On Oct 01, 2013
Pls i want to know the name of ahl sunnah scholars who called ibn taymiyyah a heretic? Thats all. Just the names
Re: A Blatant Liar! by AlBaqir(m): 8:01am On Oct 01, 2013
@Sheyikul islam,
Taqi al-Din Al-subki, chief judge of Damascus at his time.

Muhammad Ibn Abdullah popularly known as Ibn Battuta (1304-1369)

Al-safadi (A’yan al ‘Asr), al-Nabahani, Al-dhahabi (famous historian)
Qadi al Zamalkani, Jalal al Din al Qazwini, al-Qunawi, al Jariri

And Ibn Hajar, who wrote:

"Ibn Taymiyyah is a servant whom God forsook, misguided, blinded, deafened, and debased. That is the declaration of the imams who have exposed the corruption of his positions and the mendacity of his
sayings. Whoever wishes to pursue this must read the words of the Mujtahid Imam Abu al Hasan al Subki, of his son Taj al Din Subki, of the Imam al Izz ibn Jama and others of the Shafi, Maliki, and Hanafi
scholars... It must be considered that he is a
misguided and misguiding innovator and an ignorant who brought evil whom God treated with His justice. May He protect us from the likes of his path, doctrine, and actions.
Re: A Blatant Liar! by Shyeikulislam1(m): 10:22am On Oct 01, 2013
Why
are you not doing justice to yourself, are u angry that ibn taymiyyah
crushed the innovated doctrines of heretics using qur'anic verses and
authentic narrations without changing their meaning as you used to do. Where were your scholars when the tatars invaded egypt and syria? Why was ibn taymiyyah imprisoned? Ibn taymiyyahs books are used as references in passing fatwas by many sunni scholars, why? My friend are you angry due to the fact that he stood for the truth?
Re: A Blatant Liar! by AlBaqir(m): 11:05pm On Oct 01, 2013
@Sheyikul islam,
Why was sheikh ibn Taymiyyah imprisoned? Ibn Taymiyyah was never imprisoned as a result of tyranical ruler but rather it was the ijma of the leading imams of ahl sunna then to imprisoned him and they declared his books 'kafir'.
Many of these scholars named above wrote books to counter many of his claim esp on Tawhid. He was the first to make Allah corporal (anthromorphism).
In fact, there's no scholar of his time he did not argue with calling them names.
You see dear brother if you want to get the full gist of something, you don't seat confortably on what a single opinion says rather you see different opinion then you can deduce the fact.
Among Ibn Taymiyyah's verdict is:
- Allah seats on a throne in heaven
-Allah has real hand and fingers (haqiqi)
-Allah will be seen by people of Jannah
-Allah descends(Ibn batutta said he was at Jum'a khutabh in damascus when Ibn Taymiyyah made such claim and he descend from his minbar and claimed Allah descend just like I did; thereupon, people attacked him and nearly killed him)
-he declared all muslims who did not follow his creed 'kafir' and liable to be killed.
Etc. Please if truly u are a seeker of truth, read opinion of other scholars of ahlu sunna who opposed him and his work. Don't just bury yourself on what ibn Taymiyyah adherant followers says only.
Re: A Blatant Liar! by AlBaqir(m): 11:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
His (Ibn Taymiyyah) creed had died long ago until Muhammad Ibn Abdulwahab came to revive it with the help of Ibn Saud; who in turn reward Ibn Saud with a fatwa as the only clan for kingship in Hijaz.
And Ibn Saud too made "wahhabiyah" an official state creed that must be followed.

Upon all the so-called 'scholars' in saudi(and hijaz), tell me where kingship or kingdom has a way in Islam practiced by the holy prophet?

Why is the arabian peninsula plagued with terrorism? Muslims killing muslims! Muslims condemning muslim a kafir! Suicide bombings! Takfiris -salafis! All these were as a result of the fatwas of Ibn Abdulwahab vis-a-vis Ibn Taymiyyah.

Why should a 'muslim' result into violence simply because somebody else has an aqida different from yours?
Re: A Blatant Liar! by Shyeikulislam1(m): 5:17am On Oct 02, 2013
Lets start with no 1, Allah says he is on the throne its not an opinion but a Qur'anic verse. Its mentioned 7 times in the Qur'an. Or do u have an better explanation?
Re: A Blatant Liar! by AlBaqir(m): 9:34am On Oct 02, 2013
@Sheyikul islam,

Ma sha Allah!

Just as you've said dear brother, there are many verses like that in the holy Qur'an e.g

"...ar-Rahmanu alal Ar'sh istawa..." (The most beneficient Lord established himself on the throne)

"...wasi'a Qur'siyuhu samawati wal ar'di..."(His throne spread across the heaven and the earth)

"...yaduLLAH...(Hands of Allah)

"Looking at their Lord..."

And many more like that.

INTERPRETATION OF THE HOLY QUR'AN

In sura Al-Imran vs 7, we deduced there are two categories of Ayat in the entire Qur'an. Some verses are "Muhkamat", "very clear verses" and Allah says "unna ummul kitab", (they are the foundation of the book (Qur'an). Second category are "Mutashabihat", "verses having more than one meaning and not entirely clear". Allah however warns: "...So as for those in whose hearts there is a deviation they follow that which is not entirely clear thereof, seeking Al-Fitnah, and seeking for its hidden meanings..."

The Imams of the ahl al-bayt (a.s) explained that to interpret "Mutashabihat verses", one need to reconcile them with "Muhkamat verses" since 'a house can never Deviate from its foundation'.

I am of the firm belief that only Qur'an can interpret itself better for it has being made clear. However the holy prophet (saws) has taught his ahl al-bayt the Tafsir of each ayat that's why he said for example: "Ali is with the Qur'an and Qur'an is with Ali; the two will never part until they meet me at the pool of kawthar (Tirmidhi, Nisai, Mustadrak etc).

CONCLUSION
How do we reconcile those Ayatun Mutashabihat (above) with Muhkamat to arrive at a sensible meaning?

Muhkam verses says:
"Laysa kamislihi shay'un..." (There's NOTHING like him)

"Walam yakun lahu kufwan ahad"

"Subhana Rabika Rabil izzati aman yasifun...Glory be to your Lord, Lord of Majesty, FAR from what they ascribe unto Him
Etc etc etc.

By the time we interpret God being established Himself on the throne, then we have liken Him unto 'a body' occupying a space at a particular time (like an hadith which says Allah come down to the lowest heaven in the last part of the night). Compare this to bible verse (Genesis) which says God came down to search for Adam and Eve at the garden of eden.

Imam Ali(a.s): "He it is who has created whereness but nowhere can contain him..."

We should however interpret what "Ar'sh" dipict and not the symbol of "Ar'sh (as in mighty throne). Ar'sh dipict authority, power and majesty. What does Maze at the national assembly dipict? What does 'hammer' of a judge in the court of law dipict? What does scepter of a king dipict? Etc. All these 'symbols' dipict power. Allah talks to us in a similar fashion as we are of relative world.
Re: A Blatant Liar! by bintalabi(f): 7:36pm On Nov 17, 2013
Assalam alaekum, please what is the meaning of shia "no insult please"
Re: A Blatant Liar! by AlBaqir(m): 9:17pm On Nov 17, 2013
bintalabi: Assalam alaekum, please what is the meaning of shia "no insult please"

Wa alaykum salam,
In a simple term, Shi'a means "supporter". The word must be used in connection to something for it to make any sense. Hence, its "shiat ahl al-bayti Rasul or shiat Ali" meaning "supporter of household of the prophet or supporter of Ali".

It is not a secret that muslim divide on who should succeed the holy prophet after his demise (despite the prophet designating and nominating a figure). Those who never go with the majority but rather accept Ali vis-a-vis the ahl al-bayt as appointed and authentic successor of the prophet are called "Shi'a".

You can read more if you wish here:
en.shiapen.com/comprehensive/historic-background-of-shiism.html

Salam.
Re: A Blatant Liar! by BetaThings: 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
Al-Baqir:
@Sheyikul islam,
Why was sheikh ibn Taymiyyah imprisoned? Ibn Taymiyyah was never imprisoned as a result of tyranical ruler but rather it was the ijma of the leading imams of ahl sunna then to imprisoned him and they declared his books 'kafir'.
Many of these scholars named above wrote books to counter many of his claim esp on Tawhid. He was the first to make Allah corporal (anthromorphism).
In fact, there's no scholar of his time he did not argue with calling them names.
You see dear brother if you want to get the full gist of something, you don't seat confortably on what a single opinion says rather you see different opinion then you can deduce the fact.
Among Ibn Taymiyyah's verdict is:
- Allah seats on a throne in heaven
-Allah has real hand and fingers (haqiqi)
-Allah will be seen by people of Jannah
-Allah descends(Ibn batutta said he was at Jum'a khutabh in damascus when Ibn Taymiyyah made such claim and he descend from his minbar and claimed Allah descend just like I did; thereupon, people attacked him and nearly killed him)
-he declared all muslims who did not follow his creed 'kafir' and liable to be killed.
Etc. Please if truly u are a seeker of truth, read opinion of other scholars of ahlu sunna who opposed him and his work. Don't just bury yourself on what ibn Taymiyyah adherant followers says only.

Were Shaykul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah alive he would have been imprisoned again. Why?
They would have lied against him again like they did then
Because he was very unrelenting in speaking against deviant groups who worship the dead in the name of intercession, a form of intercession refuted in the Qur'an

Unquestionably, for Allah is the pure religion. And those who take protectors besides Him [say], "We only worship them that they may bring us nearer to Allah in position." Indeed, Allah will judge between them concerning that over which they differ. Indeed, Allah does not guide he who is a liar and [confirmed] disbeliever
Qur'an 39:3

And they worship other than Allah that which neither harms them nor benefits them, and they say, "These are our intercessors with Allah " Say, "Do you inform Allah of something He does not know in the heavens or on the earth?" Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him
Qur'an 10:18

The lying continues till today. Here are two clear and wicked lies against Shaykul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah by a topmost SHIA scholar
Any objective person can see the inveterate hatred that leads a man to CONSISTENTLY quote a written material out of context to achieve a sinister goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM3TIRBhdk4&list=UU2Zh30AueGr3ZgcsZYMMuXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIlPTDJpMN0&list=UU2Zh30AueGr3ZgcsZYMMuXw

Here are Shias saying that they pray to one of their Imams
Were it halal to pray to the dead for intercession, why would anybody pray to an Imam who status is below that of the Messenger of Allah (SAW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnmdU_6sLUY

Contrary to the lies told about Shaykul-Islam many top scholars have praised him. He was human and made errors but his knowledge, insight etc was astounding

3 Likes

Re: A Blatant Liar! by AlBaqir(m): 7:17am On Nov 19, 2013
BetaThings:

Were Shaykul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah alive he would have been imprisoned again. Why?
They would have lied against him again like they did then
Because he was very unrelenting in speaking against deviant groups who worship the dead in the name of intercession, a form of intercession refuted in the Qur'an

Here are Shias saying that they pray to one of their Imams

Were it halal to pray to the dead for intercession, why would anybody pray to an Imam who status is below that of the Messenger of Allah (SAW)

Do you (salafi/Wahabi) even seek the intercession of the prophet? After all your claim and that of your 'sheik' (like Bilal phillip is that prophet is dead and can not answer you; therefore it is Haram to seek his help). So do not be hypocritical here that Shi'a seek tawasul of their Imam.

There are two ways preached by the holy Qur'an and Sunnah, in making Du'a:

a. Asking Allah without an intermediary.
b) And asking Allah through an intermediary.

So why making meat of one and fish of the other?

For now I will limit myself to the b. Part

B. ...TAWASUL OF THE PROPHET (or any other means)!

Haven't you read Qur'an?

Ayat al-Qur'siy: "...man dha ledhi YASHFA'U in'da-u ILAH BI IDH'NI..."(Who is it that can INTERCEDE with Him except by His
permission?).

NB:In this ayah, Allah makes the list of intercessors open not restricted but Muhammad is the fore-most and the best.

1. It was narrated from 'Uthman bin
Hunaif that a blind man came to the Prophet (saws) and said: "Pray to Allah to heal me." He said: "If you wish to store your reward for the Hereafter, that is better, or if you wish, I will supplicate for you." He said:Supplicate." So he told him to perform ablution and do it well, to pray two Rak'ah, and to say this supplication: "Allahumma lnni as'aluka wa atawajjahu ilaika bimuhammadin
nabiyyir-rahma. Ya Muhammadu inni qad tawajjahtu bika ila rabbi fi hajati hadhihi lituqda. Allahumma fashaffi’hu fiya (O Allah, I ask of You and I turn my face towards You by virtue of the intercession of Muhammad the Prophet of mercy. O Muhammad, I have turned to my Lord by virtue of your intercession concerning this need of mine so that it may be met. O Allah, accept his
intercession concerning me)".

References
Ibn Majah transmitted it in his Sunan, book of Iqamat al-salat wa al-sunnat (establishing prayer and its sunnahs)[Page 197, Hadith No1385); Tirmidhī in al-Jami-us-sahīh, book of da‘awa (supplications) ch.119(5:569 No3578) where he declared it "HASAN SAHIH GHARIB"

2. "We sent not the Messenger, but to be
obeyed, in accordance with the will of Allah. If they had only, when they were unjust to themselves, come to the Messenger and asked Allah's forgiveness, and the Messenger had (also) asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah indeed Oft-returning, Most Merciful."
~ Surah an-Nisa, 4:64.

This is a direct Divine order to seek intercession of the holy Prophet (saws) and this verse is Mutlaq (not restricted to any time).

TAFSIR IBN KATHIR on the above Ayah:

" Jama'at (Many scholars) have stated
this tradition. One of them is Abu Mansur al-Sabbagh who writes in his book Al-Shamil Al-Hikayat-ul-mashhurah that, according to ‘Utbi, once he was sitting beside the Prophet’s GRAVE when a bedouin came and he said, “Peace be on you, O Allah’s Messenger. I have heard that Allah says: ‘(O beloved!) And if they had come to you,
when they had wronged their souls, and asked forgiveness of Allah, and the Messenger also had asked forgiveness for them, they (on the basis of this means and intercession) would have surely found Allah the Granter of repentance, extremely Merciful.’ I have come to you, asking forgiveness for my sins and I make you as my intermediary before my Lord and I have come to you for this purpose.” Then he recited these verses: “O, the most exalted among the buried people who improved the worth of the plains and the hillocks! May I sacrifice my life for this grave which is made radiant by you, (the Prophet,) the one who is (an embodiment) of mercy and forgiveness.” Then the bedouin went away and I fell asleep. In my dream I saw the Holy Prophet(Peace Be Upon Him). He said to me: O ‘Utbi, the bedouin is right, go and give him the good news that Allah has forgiven his sins. [Ibn Kathir, Tafsir-ul-Qur'an al-azim Volume 004, Page No. 140, Under the Verse 4:64]

NB: This very narration has been REMOVED by the deceitful salafi from the English version of Tafsir Ibn Kathir but very much intact in the Arabic version. Ibn Kathir nowhere calls it shirk rather uses it as proof in his magnificent Tafsir.

3. Ibn Abu Shaybah transmitted it with a "SOUND CHAIN OF TRANSMISSION" the narration from Abi Salih as Samaan from Malik al Dar the treasurer of Umar that : The people were gripped by famine during the tenure of 'Umar (Ibn al-Khattab). Then a
man walked up to the Prophet's grave and said, "O Messenger of Allah, please ask for rain from Allah for your Ummah who is in dire straits." Then he saw the Prophet (SAW) in dream… till the end of hadith. Sayf
narrates in his Fatuh, the one who saw the dream was Bilal bin Harith al Mazni who was one of the sahaba. [Fath ul Bari : Volume No.2, Page No. 495]

Note: Nasir ud-din Albani deceivingly tried to prove that "Malik ad-Dar and Abu Salih as-Samaan" present in the chain of this hadith are unknown narrators who do not exist. So let's see the reality in light of
Authentic Islamic literature.
A) Imam Ibn Sa'ad said: “Malik ad-Dar was a slave freed by ‘Umar bin al-Khattab. He reported traditions from Abu Bakr as-Siddiq and ‘Umar, and Abu Salih Samman reported traditions from him. He was "WELL KNOWN (MAROOF)"
Reference: Ibn Sa‘d, at-Tabaqat-ul-kubra Volume 006, Page No. 12, Narrator No. 1423

4. Anas, "If there was a drought, 'Umar ibn al-Khattab would askal-'Abbas ibn
'Abdu'l-Muttalib to do the rain prayer. He would say, 'O Allah we would seek intercession with You by Your Prophet and we would ask you for rain, now we seek intercession with You by the uncle of our Prophet, so give us rain!'" He added, "And they were given rain."

References:
1) Sahih Bukhari Book:Al istasqa Chapter: Suaal An Nas Al Imam Alistasqa iza Qahatu Page : 245 Hadith no :1010.
2) Sahih Bukhari Book:Fadail e Ashaab An NABI(saws) Chapter: Zikr Al Abbas Bin Abdul Muttalib Page :914 Hadith no: 3710

(1) (Reply)

10 Lessons I Learnt From Islam On Nairaland / Beautiful Hadith Of The Prophet / Head of Sunni Muftis In France Embraces Shia Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.