Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,496 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Muslims Are Liar? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims Are Liar? (1194 Views)

Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat / How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. / Muslims: Are We Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Are Liar? by Ayomivic(m): 10:32am On May 13, 2012
I think muslim are liar,why did they claimed that Deteronomy 18:15

("the lord the God will raise up unto thee a prophet from the midst of the,of the brethen,like unto me ,unto him ye shall hearken"1) is refering to prophet Muhammed when the Quran recorded that Jesus is the messiah, the messanger of God/allah?
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by LagosShia: 3:56pm On May 13, 2012
please review the below post and the post after it both by me on who the "comforter" is:

https://www.nairaland.com/871478/us-christian-jewish-actor-director-sean#10350892
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 13, 2012
LagosShia: please review the below post and the post after it both by me on who the "comforter" is:

https://www.nairaland.com/871478/us-christian-jewish-actor-director-sean#10350892
Nonsense.

I'm ready to take u up on a new thread regarding the comforter.

Mohammad is not the comforter Jesus promised to send.
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by LagosShia: 11:16pm On May 13, 2012
toba: Nonsense.

I'm ready to take u up on a new thread regarding the comforter.

Mohammad is not the comforter Jesus promised to send.

if Muhammad (sa) isn't then neither is your "holy spirit" the "comforter" as all christians imagine.it goes contrary to the evidence provided from the bible.but for certain,taking all prophecies into regard,will show that Muhammad (sa) is the one prophesied by Isa (as).

aside,do you just talk and open your mouth for the sake of doing that and arguing? have you gone through my posts in the link i presented? i doubt it.
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by Nobody: 11:19am On May 14, 2012
LagosShia:

if Muhammad (sa) isn't then neither is your "holy spirit" the "comforter" as all christians imagine.it goes contrary to the evidence provided from the bible.but for certain,taking all prophecies into regard,will show that Muhammad (sa) is the one prophesied by Isa (as).

aside,do you just talk and open your mouth for the sake of doing that and arguing? have you gone through my posts in the link i presented? i doubt it.

you better keep shut. what are the evidences available to prove that Mohammad is the comforter Jesus promised? Who is the holy spirit?
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by LagosShia: 2:50pm On May 14, 2012
toba:

you better keep shut. what are the evidences available to prove that Mohammad is the comforter Jesus promised? Who is the holy spirit?

LOL

you can't shut me up my friend.and stop making a mockery out of yourself.

check the link i presented.there is nothing even to argue.Jesus (as) promised a comforter to come after him.Jesus (as) himself is described as a "comforter"/advocate.Jesus (as) outlined the things the comforter would do.and the description fits Muhammad (sa).it even gets clearer when other prophecies of Jesus (as) are examined too.christians believe the comforter is the "holy spirit".Jesus (as) said if he doesn't go,the "comforter" would not come.but in the bible we see the "holy spirit" was there before Jesus (as),during his time and after he was gone.so definitely,the "comforter" has to be someone other than the "holy spirit".it is common sense if you are free from sentiments and bias.

"The New Islamic Nation In Undeniable Bible Prophecies "
https://www.nairaland.com/820160/new-islamic-nation-undeniable-bible
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 14, 2012
LagosShia:

LOL

you can't shut me up my friend.and stop making a mockery out of yourself.

check the link i presented.there is nothing even to argue.Jesus (as) promised a comforter to come after him.Jesus (as) himself is described as a "comforter"/advocate.Jesus (as) outlined the things the comforter would do.and the description fits Muhammad (sa).it even gets clearer when other prophecies of Jesus (as) are examined too.christians believe the comforter is the "holy spirit".Jesus (as) said if he doesn't go,the "comforter" would not come.but in the bible we see the "holy spirit" was there before Jesus (as),during his time and after he was gone.so definitely,the "comforter" has to be someone other than the "holy spirit".it is common sense if you are free from sentiments and bias.

"The New Islamic Nation In Undeniable Bible Prophecies "
https://www.nairaland.com/820160/new-islamic-nation-undeniable-bible

Smh. U must be silly. Jesus promised sending the holy spirit in john 14 vs 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. right? Kindly define what Holy spirit is. U can ask google
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by LagosShia: 4:41pm On May 14, 2012
toba:

Smh. U must be silly. Jesus promised sending the holy spirit in john 14 vs 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. right? Kindly define what Holy spirit is. U can ask google

my friend,there is no need to employ one of those tactics being used to brainwash the christian masses.the word "holy spirit" in that verse is an interpretation of what Jesus (as) meant by the word he was using.Jesus (as) did not mention "holy spirit" in the greek manuscripts of the new testament.that word "holy spirit" becomes an interpolation just as the word "begotten" in John 3:16.the word most famously used are "advocate" and "comforter" referring to the "paraclete" that Jesus (as) said would come after him."paraclete" is not a word synonymous with "holy spirit".
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 14, 2012
LagosShia:

my friend,there is no need to employ one of those tactics being used to brainwash the christian masses.the word "holy spirit" in that verse is an interpretation of what Jesus (as) meant by the word he was using.Jesus (as) did not mention "holy spirit" in the greek manuscripts of the new testament.that word "holy spirit" becomes an interpolation just as the word "begotten" in John 3:16.the word most famously used are "advocate" and "comforter" referring to the "paraclete" that Jesus (as) said would come after him."paraclete" is not a word synonymous with "holy spirit".
u just keep making things up. where did u get such erroneous impression from? define holy spirit and stop all this act. Same way u said joseph was 90 yrs old without showing us from the bible
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by LagosShia: 5:15pm On May 14, 2012
toba: u just keep making things up. where did u get such erroneous impression from? define holy spirit and stop all this act. Same way u said joseph was 90 yrs old without showing us from the bible

what does "holy spirit" have to do with the prophecy Jesus (as) made that someone after him is to come? you believe it was the "holy spirit" he was making reference to,but i am not bound by your christian interpretation since i find that nonsensical.Jesus (as) said if he does not go the "comforter" will not come.but the "holy spirit" is portrayed in the bible as being present even in Jesus' (as) days regardless if Jesus (as) goes or stays.what i am simply telling you is not to be dishonest by replacing the word "comforter" with the words "holy spirit" in the verses in question.in the new testament manuscripts Jesus (as) is not reported to have used the word or refer to the "holy spirit" as the one to come after him.dont insert your interpretation into the bible because that becomes an interpolation.there are in fact many interpolations in the bible used as a way of interpretation to support christian doctrines unfounded in the bible e.g.trinity.that is how christians are brainwashed and indoctrinated with what Jesus (as) never taught or uttered.

if you insist i define "holy spirit",that is a word that has many meanings and could refer to many creations of God.to make it short,"holy spirit" is a manifestation of God's will to guide,inspire or perform an action.it could be an angel,it could a powerful force that is commanded by God to make an act become reality.

i said Joseph was 90 years old when 12 year old Mary was betrothed to him and God sent His angel to deliver to Mary the message of conceiving.but i never said those ages are recorded in the bible for you to ask me to show you where in the bible they are reported.stop being a $tupid.those ages are found in early christian writings.likewise,you cannot show me where in the Quran Aisha is reported to have being 9 years old when the Prophet (sa) married her.and hadiths give differnt accounts on Aisha's age and she could have been as old as 19 or 21 year old.
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 14, 2012
LagosShia:

what does "holy spirit" have to do with the prophecy Jesus (as) made that someone after him is to come? you believe it was the "holy spirit" he was making reference to,but i am not bound by your christian interpretation since i find that nonsensical.Jesus (as) said if he does not go the "comforter" will not come.but the "holy spirit" is portrayed in the bible as being present even in Jesus' (as) days regardless if Jesus (as) goes or stays.what i am simply telling you is not to be dishonest by replacing the word "comforter" with the words "holy spirit" in the verses in question.in the new testament manuscripts Jesus (as) is not reported to have used the word or refer to the "holy spirit" as the one to come after him.dont insert your interpretation into the bible because that becomes an interpolation.there are in fact many interpolations in the bible used as a way of interpretation to support christian doctrines unfounded in the bible e.g.trinity.that is how christians are brainwashed and indoctrinated with what Jesus (as) never taught or uttered.

simple. Kindly provide biblical eveidence where Mohammads name was mentioned?

Also provide evidence that Jesus wasnt referring to the holy spirit

if you insist i define "holy spirit",that is a word that has many meanings and could refer to many creations of God.to make it short,"holy spirit" is a manifestation of God's will to guide,inspire or perform an action.it could be an angel,it could a powerful force that is commanded by God to make an act become reality.

Ur definition is very faulty. Let me pretend its correct. How does this describe a common sinner like Mohammad?

i said Joseph was 90 years old when 12 year old Mary was betrothed to him and God sent His angel to deliver to Mary the message of conceiving.but i never said those ages are recorded in the bible for you to ask me to show you where in the bible they are reported.stop being a $tupid.those ages are found in early christian writings.likewise,you cannot show me where in the Quran Aisha is reported to have being 9 years old when the Prophet (sa) married her.and hadiths give differnt accounts on Aisha's age and she could have been as old as 19 or 21 year old.
I dont want probability or assumption. Kindly provide evidence by showing me where their ages were quoted in the bible or their birth certificate. If not, just keep quiet.

This world needs evidence. If u dont have strong evidence, just keep shut
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by LagosShia: 5:58pm On May 14, 2012
toba: simple. Kindly provide biblical eveidence where Mohammads name was mentioned?
the songs of solomon 5:16 is pointed out as a place where the name was mentioned.

regardless,why do you believe in Jesus (as),since Jesus' name was not mentioned in the old testament prophecies?

a prophecy does not have to mention names.prophecies give descriptions.right?

Also provide evidence that Jesus wasnt referring to the holy spirit
you are abnormal.really.but i would not let go of you.your $tupidity is just too shocking.

from all the verses in the differnt versions of the bible refering to the one to come after Jesus (as),the majority use either "comforter" or "advocate".anywhere "holy spirit" is used that is an interpolation.am i the one to prove to you "holy spirit" was not mentioned by Jesus (as),or are you the one to prove to me it was mentioned?

these are outdated tricks.try new ones!!!

Ur definition is very faulty. Let me pretend its correct. How does this describe a common sinner like Mohammad?
i have told you must be a common son of an adultress for you to have the gut to always spite others by insulting the Prophet (sa).do you know the name of your father at all?

I dont want probability or assumption. Kindly provide evidence by showing me where their ages were quoted in the bible or their birth certificate. If not, just keep quiet.
LOL grin grin grin grin grin

mumu! i just told you their ages are not recorded in the bible but in early christian sources out of the bible.

This world needs evidence. If u dont have strong evidence, just keep shut
the evidence is in early christian writings:

LagosShia: TURNING THE TABLES ON THE IGNORANT CHRISTIAN MISSIONARIES:

HOW OLD WAS MARY WHEN SHE CONCEIVED MIRACULOUSLY?

Mary was 12 or 13 years old! so says the Catholic Encyclopaedia and the Oxford Dictionary Bible.

source: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15464b.htm

furthermore,Mary (at a tender age) was engaged to Joseph who was at that time 90 years old!!!!

Regarding the Marriage of Mary to Joseph, Catholic Encyclopaedia(http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08504a.htm), says:

"When forty years of age, Joseph married a woman called Melcha or Escha by some, Salome by others; they lived forty-nine years together and had six children, two daughters and four sons, the youngest of whom was James (the Less, "the Lord's brother"wink. A year after his wife's death, as the priests announced through Judea that they wished to find in the tribe of Juda a respectable man to espouse [b]Mary, then twelve to fourteen years of age, Joseph, who was at the time ninety years old, [/b]went up to Jerusalem among the candidates; a miracle manifested the choice God had made of Joseph, and two years later the Annunciation took place."

Note: That article on Catholic Encyclopaedia obtains its information from early Christian writing .
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 14, 2012
LagosShia:
the songs of solomon 5:16 is pointed out as a place where the name was mentioned.
Show me the name Mhammad na. Or the name disappeared ni?

regardless,why do you believe in Jesus (as),since Jesus' name was not mentioned in the old testament prophecies?
Nasty comparison. Emmanuel is the name. Google it and u'll see

a prophecy does not have to mention names.prophecies give descriptions.right?
In the case of mohammad, u just alleged above that his name was mentioned in songs of solomon, how come the name disappeared when i checked. what kind of prophecy is that?

you are abnormal
Nope u are the mad one.
.really.but i would not let go of you.your $tupidity is just too shocking.
What u ve been displaying is pure ignorance and lack of comprehension. U ve completely turned what u read into something else.

from all the verses in the differnt versions of the bible refering to the one to come after Jesus (as),the majority use either "comforter" or "advocate".anywhere "holy spirit" is used that is an interpolation.am i the one to prove to you "holy spirit" was not mentioned by Jesus (as),or are you the one to prove to me it was mentioned?
these are outdated tricks.try new ones!!!
U better shut up and stop displaying stupidity. The bible made it clear that The Comforter must abide with the believers forever (John 14:16). which is only possible if the Comforter remains within each and every human for the rest of the natural lives and beyond i.e., for all eternity. Now tell me Where da f4k is Mohammad now? his he living or abiding with me now in my house? whereas the holy spirit lives in me and direct me. Not any kind of human being

i have told you must be a common son of an adultress for you to have the gut to always spite others by insulting the Prophet (sa).do you know the name of your father at all?
Take it easy Boko Haram. Mohammad is not ur father and remember u are breaking the forum rules by resorting to personal attacks. U'll get banned cos Mohammad is not ur Father. Feel sorry 4 u cos im gonna insult him the more

LOL grin grin grin grin grin

mumu! i just told you their ages are not recorded in the bible but in early christian sources out of the bible.
If they are not in the bible then ur case is dead.

the evidence is in early christian writings:

are the early writings more correct than the bible?
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by LagosShia: 10:56am On May 16, 2012
toba: Show me the name Mhammad na. Or the name disappeared ni?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cur_6aYs_7k

Nasty comparison. Emmanuel is the name. Google it and u'll see

"Immanuel (or Emmanuel or Imanu'el, Hebrew עִמָּנוּאֵל meaning "God is with us" ) is a symbolic name which appears in chapters 7 and 8 of the Book of Isaiah as part of a prophecy assuring king Ahaz of Judah of God's protection against enemy kings; it is quoted in the Gospel of Matthew as a sign verifying the divine status of Jesus. It is a theophoric (a name which contains the name of a god) made up of two Hebrew words, אֵל, ’El, meaning "God", and עִמָּנוּ, ʻImmānū, meaning "with us".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanuel

[size=14pt]What Was His Name Given By His Parent And The Angel? Jesus or Immanuel?[/size]

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily. 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD [/b]appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and [b]thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS. (Matthew 1:18-25)

"If someone read that properly one would see a clear crystal clear contradiction and something very inconsistent, the contradiction is so blatant it becomes slightly amusing and comical!

The verse starts of by explaining that the angel of the Lord came to Joseph in a dream, and it told him this:

The angel of the lord says that Joseph and Mary shall name the baby Jesus, however so a few lines later the author Matthew tries to show this is a fulfilled prophecy when he writes:

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel

Now a few lines later it says that they will bring a child and they shall name him Emmanuel! Notice the contradiction between the two, I will post both verses for you:

His name is Jesus from Matthew 1: 20-21

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS:

No his name is Emmanuel from Matthew 1:22-23

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel

So here is a crystal contradiction, Matthew seems to be a little confused and over-zealous in trying to prove that the prophecy of Isaiah refers to Jesus that he gets so excited he doesn't know he contradicts himself and that one point from the prophecy is different and missing, which is the name! It gets comical at the end when Matthew writes:

24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

So now in verses 24-25 right after Matthew quoted the prophecy that the baby's name would be Emmanuel he writes that Joseph named the baby as Jesus! So you have 3 contradictions in the space 5 verses! In verses 20-21 it says the baby's name will be Jesus, in verses 22-23 it says the baby's name will be Emmanuel, then finally in verses 24-25 it says the baby was named Jesus!

The contradiction is there for all to see, only a biased Christian will deny it, now watch how the Christian will bring so many twists and turns to try and explain this obvious contradiction away!

courtesy:
http://muslim-responses.com/Emmanuel_or_Jesus/Emmanuel_or_Jesus_

In the case of mohammad, u just alleged above that his name was mentioned in songs of solomon, how come the name disappeared when i checked. what kind of prophecy is that?
simply because the name as it appears in hebrew has been translated.it is like translating the symbolic name "Immanuel" in the bible to mean "God is with us".

Nope u are the mad one.
What u ve been displaying is pure ignorance and lack of comprehension. U ve completely turned what u read into something else.

U better shut up and stop displaying stupidity. The bible made it clear that The Comforter must abide with the believers forever (John 14:16). which is only possible if the Comforter remains within each and every human for the rest of the natural lives and beyond i.e., for all eternity. Now tell me Where da f4k is Mohammad now? his he living or abiding with me now in my house? whereas the holy spirit lives in me and direct me. Not any kind of human being
Take it easy Boko Haram. Mohammad is not ur father and remember u are breaking the forum rules by resorting to personal attacks. U'll get banned cos Mohammad is not ur Father. Feel sorry 4 u cos im gonna insult him the more

and here we have someone talking about morals:

toba:

You pple dont even have morals. Everything about u are insult and insult.

SMH
https://www.nairaland.com/933582/muslims-allowed-criticize-clerics-wrong/2#10829351

If they are not in the bible then ur case is dead.

are the early writings more correct than the bible?

but the bible is silent on the ages.so it is not a matter of which is more correct.the bible does not say anything.so therefore,you got to check early christian writing and treat them as historical records.
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by Gbamar(f): 11:05am On May 16, 2012
LagosShia:

"Immanuel (or Emmanuel or Imanu'el, Hebrew עִמָּנוּאֵל meaning "God is with us"wink is a symbolic name which appears in chapters 7 and 8 of the Book of Isaiah as part of a prophecy assuring king Ahaz of Judah of God's protection against enemy kings; it is quoted in the Gospel of Matthew as a sign verifying the divine status of Jesus. It is a theophoric (a name which contains the name of a god) made up of two Hebrew words, אֵל, ’El, meaning "God", and עִמָּנוּ, ʻImmānū, meaning "with us".

simply because the name as it appears in hebrew has been translated.it is like translating the symbolic name "Immanuel" in the bible to mean "God is with us".

but the bible is silent on the ages.so it is not a matter of which is more correct.the bible does not say anything.so therefore,you got to check early christian writing and treat them as historical records.
I'M VERY SORRY,i just need an answer{it's urgent} to a question.' WHEN DO YOU PRAY{during the day} A MISS TAHJUD.
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by LagosShia: 11:11am On May 16, 2012
toba:
U better shut up and stop displaying stupidity. The bible made it clear that The Comforter must abide with the believers forever (John 14:16). which is only possible if the Comforter remains within each and every human for the rest of the natural lives and beyond i.e., for all eternity.

come into my house you will find the Prophet Muhammad (sa) and into every Muslim house.

you claim the "holy spirit" is in you and it is divine but you believe that prophets of God in the bible (who were also "inspired" by the same "holy spirit" ) were not sinless because the bible portrays them as ra.pists,in.cetuos,adulterous and na.ked.the same way your pastors nowadays too claim "holy spirit" and "talk in tongues" but go ahead to finger women in the name of "annoiting" them in their private parts.which kind useless "spirit" are you claim?
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by LagosShia: 11:15am On May 16, 2012
Gbamar: I'M VERY SORRY,i just need an answer{it's urgent} to a question.' WHEN DO YOU PRAY{during the day} A MISS TAHJUD.

i do not think tahajudd can be prayed during the day.it is a mustahab prayer that you do in the darkness of the night by waking up from your sleep to perform it not as an obligatory prayer but supplementary .it is mustahab.so if the time has passed,you must wait for another night to wake up after sleep to pray it.it is not done during the day.and tahajjud being a supplementary prayer that is not obligatory,you will not be judged by Allah (swt) if you do not do it.since it is not compulsory,there is no way you can repeat it like when you miss the five obligatory prayers.

that is my own opinion.but you could ask a scholar.Allah (swt) knows best!

NB:you can always perform nafillah day and night.so even if you perform nafilah during the day,it should not be with the intention of repeating the tahajud you missed.tahajjud itself falls under nafilah.
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by Gbamar(f): 11:31am On May 16, 2012
Thanks.May Almighty Allah enrich your knowledge{AMIN}
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 16, 2012
LagosShia:

U are a joker. show me the verse where Mohammads name was specifically mentioned in the bible

"Immanuel (or Emmanuel or Imanu'el, Hebrew עִמָּנוּאֵל meaning "God is with us" ) is a symbolic name which appears in chapters 7 and 8 of the Book of Isaiah as part of a prophecy assuring king Ahaz of Judah of God's protection against enemy kings; it is quoted in the Gospel of Matthew as a sign verifying the divine status of Jesus. It is a theophoric (a name which contains the name of a god) made up of two Hebrew words, אֵל, ’El, meaning "God", and עִמָּנוּ, ʻImmānū, meaning "with us".
[/i]

try to be serious. Thats wiki's interpretation. Stop all these acts of running to site to back up ur claims. U asked simple question from the bible and i gave u answers from the bible. All u need to do is to counter my response using the bible.

[size=14pt]What Was His Name Given By His Parent And The Angel? Jesus or Immanuel?[/size]

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost. 19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily. 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD [/b]appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and [b]thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS. (Matthew 1:18-25)

"If someone read that properly one would see a clear crystal clear contradiction and something very inconsistent, the contradiction is so blatant it becomes slightly amusing and comical!

The verse starts of by explaining that the angel of the Lord came to Joseph in a dream, and it told him this:

The angel of the lord says that Joseph and Mary shall name the baby Jesus, however so a few lines later the author Matthew tries to show this is a fulfilled prophecy when he writes:

Now a few lines later it says that they will bring a child and they shall name him Emmanuel! Notice the contradiction between the two, I will post both verses for you:

His name is Jesus from Matthew 1: 20-21

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS:

No his name is Emmanuel from Matthew 1:22-23

So here is a crystal contradiction, Matthew seems to be a little confused and over-zealous in trying to prove that the prophecy of Isaiah refers to Jesus that he gets so excited he doesn't know he contradicts himself and that one point from the prophecy is different and missing, which is the name! It gets comical at the end when Matthew writes:

24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

So now in verses 24-25 right after Matthew quoted the prophecy that the baby's name would be Emmanuel he writes that Joseph named the baby as Jesus! So you have 3 contradictions in the space 5 verses! In verses 20-21 it says the baby's name will be Jesus, in verses 22-23 it says the baby's name will be Emmanuel, then finally in verses 24-25 it says the baby was named Jesus!

The contradiction is there for all to see, only a biased Christian will deny it, now watch how the Christian will bring so many twists and turns to try and explain this obvious contradiction away!

courtesy:
http://muslim-responses.com/Emmanuel_or_Jesus/Emmanuel_or_Jesus_
Its too early for all these. U quoted from a biased site. Do u want me to also start lifting responses from sites? No, lets use our critical reasoning

Thats another lie. Any biblical evidence to back up ur claim?

Mr man, what we dont know or have biblical evidence for may be answered by probability or assumptions. If u say Joseph could have been 1000 years when he married Mary, thats an assumption or a probability which could be true or false.
Re: Muslims Are Liar? by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 16, 2012
LagosShia:

come into my house you will find the Prophet Muhammad (sa) and into every Muslim house.
So ur prophet has resurrected from death right?

[/quote]
you claim the "holy spirit" is in you and it is divine but you believe that prophets of God in the bible (who were also "inspired" by the same "holy spirit" ) were not sinless because the bible portrays them as ra.pists,in.cetuos,adulterous and na.ked.the same way your pastors nowadays too claim "holy spirit" and "talk in tongues" but go ahead to finger women in the name of "annoiting" them in their private parts.which kind useless "spirit" are you claim?[/quote]

Who knows? May its the Mohammedan spirit grin grin grin grin grin grin that entered into them to be promiscuous like he was. After all u said he's the holy spirit Jesus was talking about

(1) (Reply)

Why Islam Is A Threat To Global Peace / Happy Arafat Day! / Uk: Muslim Women Receive Death Threats For Trying To Rescue Others From Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.