Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

When The War Comes - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When The War Comes (506 Views)

Boy Soldier- Tales From The War / EPISODE 8: Eke(python) '...the War Begins... By Joy Akosa / ~~Memories Of The War Through My eyes~~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When The War Comes by Swaginton(m): 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
We have pleaded, and we have wept.
We have threatened, and we have cowered.
But when the war comes none of this will matter
anymore. In the streets and in the bars and in the schools,all patriots in the west and south and east will scream "BLOOD!", and we shall get it from the arms and necks and legs of these northerners who spite Nigeria.
When the war comes,friendships will be renounced.The hausa man who sells groundnut in front of his southern neighbor's house(and they've cracked jokes for 15 years together), will find himself alone and despised.He will be dragged through the streets by boys whose
parents his people murdered in cold blood.
He will be whipped by the blood-lusty girl who lost her
fiance.
He will be tied to the stake by a man whose wife was butchered by the bokos.
He will be prodded with hot metal by the widow whose husband's mangled body was recovered from a bomb site on christmas day.
He will be, slowly and methodically, cut open by the parents who lost their only son, a graduate, after years of school toil.
He will be bathed in oil by boys who lost their favorite girls to an explosion;
And then someone will toss a matchstick to the pile, and he will scream his way to the other world.
And he sold groundnuts to these people for 15 years...and yam sef!
No one wants this...but we're on the fast track to a brutal ethnic cleansing. very brutal. And make no mistake,despite my convictions of non-violence and desire for a united country and peaceful Nigeria, I'll be there. Zeus, I might even be the one to toss the matchstick. Sometimes,
violence is necessary that peace might reign.
   And a word to the "I am ontop of the situation" president.
Dear Johnny, the SSS and NSA and Police wont save your ineffective, effeminate and push-over arse. When the war comes, all that would matter is "are you one of us or not?", and one side will kill you.
  God bless Nigeria...MUST!
http://legalwatchmen..co.uk/2013/09/when-war-comes_29.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

What Are You Reading Presently? / Love Impossible / ONE LIFE: Poetic Reflections In Commemoration Of My Birthday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.