Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,071 members, 7,832,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October (32710 Views)

NMA Dares Jonathan - Asks Resident Doctors To Reject Sack Letters / Breaking:- FG Sacks All Resident Doctors / FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by onagoodday1: 10:58pm On Oct 05, 2013
phantom: okay how do i say this now....your job ENDS in REMINDING me about drug-drug interactions.IF you dont like it,go ahead and inject yourself with aminophylline, PUSH and just end the misery.no one deserves to read a boring five year course and still come out and play THIRD fiddle.
why r your replies filled with death or points to it,you would have done better as an assasin instead of a dr

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by onagoodday1: 11:00pm On Oct 05, 2013
ketoprofen:

Mua na-agafegodi nwanne m kotochaa iru...4x
A na m achikwanu ...3x
Ifulu ukwu eze m?
see majek fashek on ward coat!!!

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 3:46am On Oct 06, 2013
joshuapharm: Heeeeyyyyyssssss!!!! Thread closed. No more bashing and insulting. Doctors go back to ur wards, pharmacists go back to ur wards. Que sera sera. *turns on pidgin mode*. If u talk am from today till tomorrow, naija docs no go hear.

This got me wondering. No wonder we have pple dying of wrong diagnosis and prescriptions. Smh *walks away*
as well as death due to mypikin syrups and wrong dispensing of pharmaceutical products.
joshuapharm:

Let me help your reasoning here.. Healthcare in ur statement shud be hospital. Healthcare is very wide, that's why I feel everyone shud ignore you from now on, cos u seem not to know what healthcare means. Just to let you know, healthcare doesn't stop in the hospital.

Then back to the original statement. It's a stupid one, I don't blame you for comparing healthcare to government where supposedly docs'll be the president shey? I blame Nigeria for the way they've limited us and the nurses, if things were to be done as it is in the west, then u'd just shurrup.

it is pharmacists that think hospital is healthcare and vice versa. pharmacists have more business to do in other areas of healthcare delivery than in hospitals. pharmacy is a loving profession and without it health sector move forward. virtually everybody uses drugs. my only problem with pharmacists is that are joing allied healthcare workers to air their complain or infiltrate the hospitals. physcians,pharmacists and nurses are traditional hospital workers. it is demand for healthcare assistants in various disciplines that give birth to allied healthcare workers and now uprising in hospitals. Allied healthcare workers are rising up against hospital leaders as citizens rise up against their leaders and nurses and pharmacists are aiding rebels. i am very sure that nurses and pharmacists can better air their grievances without joining rebels and still earn ur respects. last johesu strike was a success because of pharmacists and nurses aid it. my advice is that we should go to the basis .physcians,nurses and pharmacists should sit and settle differences then hospital segment of health sector can move forward. from history rebellion or uprising or radical change in an order always lead to bad end.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 3:54am On Oct 06, 2013
phantom: dude you are to dumb abeg.with people like you, making a case for abortion wouldnt be a problem.

"on a good day "is a prank and sycophant. it is only a silly person that reply him. better ignore him. joshuapharm and "me" just feel oppressed by doctors and their cry is understandable and reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 11:12am On Oct 06, 2013
guysmilee134: I wonder what's the problem with all health workers. Imagine what all you are saying here How important or unimportant one profession is. Trowing daggers at yourselves wouldn't improve the health sector.
@joshuapharm you don't need to scream before we know pharmacy is an important specialty all what we need is a change in the attitude, everybody can't be a DR so be contempted and try and impact on the health system of the country by being a good pharmacist and not a DR Antagonist. #justpassingthrough

Thanks for the comment, but I'm in no way a DR antagonist. The issue here is, there's hardly no profession that doesn't want to progress.. When another profession impedes the progress of your profession, what do you do? Pls reply.. Thanks in advance..

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by guysmilee134: 11:18am On Oct 06, 2013
Ok. But in your opinion How are the physicians impinging on the development of pharmacy. Your comments are just antagonistic (sorry that's my view) i stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 11:21am On Oct 06, 2013
Laalamed:
as well as death due to mypikin syrups and wrong dispensing of pharmaceutical products.

it is pharmacists that think hospital is healthcare and vice versa. pharmacists have more business to do in other areas of healthcare delivery than in hospitals. pharmacy is a loving profession and without it health sector move forward. virtually everybody uses drugs. my only problem with pharmacists is that are joing allied healthcare workers to air their complain or infiltrate the hospitals. physcians,pharmacists and nurses are traditional hospital workers. it is demand for healthcare assistants in various disciplines that give birth to allied healthcare workers and now uprising in hospitals. Allied healthcare workers are rising up against hospital leaders as citizens rise up against their leaders and nurses and pharmacists are aiding rebels. i am very sure that nurses and pharmacists can better air their grievances without joining rebels and still earn ur respects. last johesu strike was a success because of pharmacists and nurses aid it. my advice is that we should go to the basis .physcians,nurses and pharmacists should sit and settle differences then hospital segment of health sector can move forward. from history rebellion or uprising or radical change in an order always lead to bad end.

Mypikin issue was a regulation issue, and the blame is on NAFDAC and DFDAC of FMOH..

phantom:
o please! i did your whole five-year course compressed into one-pharmacology in my year 4 and that was eleven years ago.no need to sound all cocky.you aint that special. grin grin grin grin grin cool

There's nothing special about medicine apart from surgery.. Doctors in the UK are leaving the prescribing sphere to nurses and pharmacists for more surgical specialties.. Surgery is ur glory, no one would take that away from you.. But let other professions, esp Rx and nurses progress, that's my issue..

Laalamed:

"on a good day "is a prank and sycophant. it is only a silly person that reply him. better ignore him. joshuapharm and "me" just feel oppressed by doctors and their cry is understandable and reasonable.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, did you say oppressed? You still don't get my argument, do you? It's okay, I'm out of here..
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by guysmilee134: 11:37am On Oct 06, 2013
So joshua if you happen to be ill. Would you go see a nurse, pharmacist or a Doctor. For me oh i would run to the doctor. #grabbing my bag and running to my doctor

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 11:41am On Oct 06, 2013
guysmilee134: Ok. But in your opinion How are the physicians impinging on the development of pharmacy. Your comments are just antagonistic (sorry that's my view) i stand to be corrected.

Here we go, tho this is exclusively a Nigerian issue. I won't talk about how they used politics to get in the way of the PharmD program, that's another issue for another day.. Even we B.pharm pharmacists challenge doctors comfortably.. Okay

Now, like I said earlier, in the developed world pharmacists are heavily involved in dosage regimen issues, route of administration and alternative medicines, but in this part of the world, docs don't wantu see Rxcists in the wards.. Theres no pharmacist-patients confidentiality, no access to pharmaceutical care, and they shud not even play ignorant, they blocked all these..
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 11:55am On Oct 06, 2013
guysmilee134: So joshua if you happen to be ill. Would you go see a nurse, pharmacist or a Doctor. For me oh i would run to the doctor. #grabbing my bag and running to my doctor

because I'm just meeting you, I'll repeat myself. U see, this three professions av their roles to play in ur illness.. Every patient has a right to get his/her prescription cross-checked by a pharmacist, administration and compliance issues belong to the nurses, diagnosis belongs to the meds, pathologist and lab scientists.. I get tired lately when I noticed doctors in my area prescribe antimalarials and antibiotics randomly to patients without any confirmation tests especially when treating general symptoms, that's not for you to worry about tho.

What you need to know is, there is a triad of care in the health-industry as proposed by helper and strand(google it).. Medical care, pharmaceutical care and nursing care. Each profession in this triad has a role to play, when one profession tries to limit another, opinions will be raised, concerns will be voiced.. So u see, theres no antagonism of any sort.. GBU

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by guysmilee134: 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
Joshua don't force me to believe just answer my simple question who would you take your mother or daughter to see if she is ill. A doctor, nurse or pharmacist? Please be mindful of information you give us. like i said all i see is just something personal, the truth remains the truth.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by guysmilee134: 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
Have you taken a look at the MBBS curriculum and compare it to the RN curriculum or the B.pharm curriculum? Like i said be mindful of information you give us. As for me oh i should have the right to see my DR and after seeing him he tells me what to do next and advices me on prevention. When i come to buy drugs its left for you to tell me more because most times my doctor would have told me the side effects i should expect.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Chartey(m): 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
joshuapharm:

because I'm just meeting you, I'll repeat myself. U see, this three professions av their roles to play in ur illness.. Every patient has a right to get his/her prescription cross-checked by a pharmacist, administration and compliance issues belong to the nurses, diagnosis belongs to the meds, pathologist and lab scientists.. I get tired lately when I noticed doctors in my area prescribe antimalarials and antibiotics randomly to patients without any confirmation tests especially when treating general symptoms, that's not for you to worry about tho.

What you need to know is, there is a triad of care in the health-industry as proposed by helper and strand(google it).. Medical care, pharmaceutical care and nursing care. Each profession in this triad has a role to play, when one profession tries to limit another, opinions will be raised, concerns will be voiced.. So u see, theres no antagonism of any sort.. GBU
Pls enlighten me honestly. In that triad, who ranks highest?

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by guysmilee134: 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chartey:
To me its not about who ranks high. Every body contributes but to an extent. What i don't like is the way all of them are presenting their points .
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2013
@joshuapharm, in uk or usa,pharmacists,np,pa etc are allowed by medical countil funcion as primary care prescribers and to follow up stable patient in opd cos there are shortages of primary care doctors. doctors are becoming specialized in more than 50 specialities. see the link.

www.abms.org/who_we_help/physicians/specialties.aspx

get ur fact right . i believe u know about three or four level of healthcare delivery. doctors are focusing more secondary and tertiary care.

do not blame mypikin syrup, fake drugs and wrong dispensing on nafdac and moh, blame it on pcn just as u should blame mdcn for medical malpractice.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
guysmilee134: So joshua if you happen to be ill. Would you go see a nurse, pharmacist or a Doctor. For me oh i would run to the doctor. #grabbing my bag and running to my doctor
how many doc do we have in Nigeria? Esp rural areas? And we all know the rurals consist the majority.
In many places that I have beeen to, the public health workers are highly refered cos of their ubiqutousness(nt sure of spelling), infact, many have not seen a doc in their entire life apart from the TV, so what are we saying? Why the pride?
Now, u are asking how the docs are impeding others, u are certainly not current for u to have asked that.
When the PharmD program was suggested, the docs were all over, crying and swearing not to allow it. Sometin that has been in practise in the US close to 20 years now, 1985 precisely.
That is one out of many instances.
In my school here, I was surprised to see docs address themselvs as gods, so so surprised! Some are cool tho, the ladies esp.
Come down your high horses and allow for growth and progress, not too much to ask!

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chartey:
is that your pride? Is that a point?
How is Abu by the way, u should be in year 3 now. Takia
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 06, 2013
guysmilee134:
To me its not about who ranks high. Every body contributes but to an extent. What i don't like is the way all of them are presenting their points .
u wont like it because you are being close minded, u dont wanna learn oh well, u knw it all.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
guysmilee134: Have you taken a look at the MBBS curriculum and compare it to the RN curriculum or the B.pharm curriculum? Like i said be mindful of information you give us. As for me oh i should have the right to see my DR and after seeing him he tells me what to do next and advices me on prevention. When i come to buy drugs its left for you to tell me more because most times my doctor would have told me the side effects i should expect.

Now u're comparing MBBS curriculum to B.pharm.. Which country still offers b.pharm in this world? It's our Nigeria oo, and maybe Ghana(I'm not sure) *chuckles* Compare it wif pharm.D nw.. They know how they politicked Pharm.D out of the way.. No one is saying you shud see a pharmacist when u're sick, some other people do because of accessibility in the community. U just dey misquote me since morning.. I don taya Joor!!
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 4:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chartey:

guysmilee134:

Now this is like football, there are defenders, midfielders and strikers.. Who ranks highest abeg? The fact that attack starts from the defense doesn't mean they rank highest, the fact that the striker score the goals doesn't mean the rank highest, the fact that the DMs don't score doesn't mean they shudnt be recognized. It's teamwork my brother.. Google it and u'd see the profession at the top of the triad. Shikena..

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 4:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
#me@:

how many doc do we have in Nigeria? Esp rural areas? And we all know the rurals consist the majority.
In many places that I have beeen to, the public health workers are highly refered cos of their ubiqutousness(nt sure of spelling), infact, many have not seen a doc in their entire life apart from the TV, so what are we saying? Why the pride?
Now, u are asking how the docs are impeding others, u are certainly not current for u to have asked that.
When the PharmD program was suggested, the docs were all over, crying and swearing not to allow it. Sometin that has been in practise in the US close to 20 years now, 1985 precisely.
That is one out of many instances.
In my school here, I was surprised to see docs address themselvs as gods, so so surprised! Some are cool tho, the ladies esp.
Come down your high horses and allow for growth and progress, not too much to ask!

I was surprised too, Pharm.D started in the 80's.. That why I said its a Nigerian problem, but the doctors played their part. Thanks to them.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
Laalamed: @joshuapharm, in uk or usa,pharmacists,np,pa etc are allowed by medical countil funcion as primary care prescribers and to follow up stable patient in opd cos there are shortages of primary care doctors. doctors are becoming specialized in more than 50 specialities. see the link.

get ur fact right . i believe u know about three or four level of healthcare delivery. doctors are focusing more secondary and tertiary care.

do not blame mypikin syrup, fake drugs and wrong dispensing on nafdac and moh, blame it on pcn just as u should blame mdcn for medical malpractice.

U don't wanna argue this issue with me, do you? Go online and read the story plss.. It was a case of mislabeling.. Ethylene glycol was in the container that was labelled propylene glycol by the Igbo boys, the local distributors they bought it from.. This was in my pct exam in my 200l on NAFdAC regulations.. Propylene glycol been the co-solvent for paracetamol syrup for babies.. PCN has nothing to do with drug regulation now, Haba..
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by onagoodday1: 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2013
Laalamed:

on a good dauy is a prank and sychophant?, like seriously,...doctors can oppress you all they can,that is because you do not know the worth of being a pharmacist,pharmacy is an art,it is a science it is life wire on which the health sector revolves, and i, on a good day do not feel intimidated by anyone,as a pharmacist, i know my worth and a word of advice to you,we do not need those who feel oppressed and begging for importance instead showing how important they are to be representing us on threads like this.. you must understand that by my training i can match any profession word for word,gentility by gentility, etc etc, so i will tell it the way it is to anybody who tries to put my profession down by being saucey rather than being reasonable,i will drop to that person like it is hot. Diversity is the game brother not beggery.

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
Laalamed: @joshuapharm, in uk or usa,pharmacists,np,pa etc are allowed by medical countil funcion as primary care prescribers and to follow up stable patient in opd cos there are shortages of primary care doctors. doctors are becoming specialized in more than 50 specialities. see the link.

We and nurses also av specialty fields, so there nothing special abeg, say something else.. Moreover, for pharmacy to be in primary care over there, I feel and know was well thought about. But what do we have in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by joshuapharm(m): 6:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
Laalamed:

Did a doc actually say this? Oh, so you know we have differences to settle? What do you think are those differences? And how can we settle them? Pls be objective.. Thanks in advance..

2 Likes

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by Chartey(m): 7:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
#me@:

is that your pride? Is that a point?
How is Abu by the way, u should be in year 3 now. Takia
Fear don dey catch me o. Pls how did u know me? I see u joined in 2011.
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by chuksbogus: 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
i have written on this issue before.in health care proffession, the problem we are having is mutual respect and most times the drs are the culprit. you require six yrs to know all you needed to be a dr and you went. a nurse needed 5yrs to know all he needed to be nurse and the dr keep saying we stayed 6yr ! our corriculum this and that.the doctors have this notion that are being infiltrated in them that they are (gods) one of my dr friend once told me that they where told that even as a house officer they are bigger than the highest nurse or pharmacist or lab scientist.imagine the type of behaviour this stupid advice will bring about. these are 3 seprate proffessions with independent departments in the hospital but need each other to acheive the hospital goal.let the dr be a dr nd leave the nurse to be nurse nd the pharm to be.the dr want to be the cmd, the cmac the minister for health, minister for state for health ,nafdac boss etc haba .should other members of the team leave only the doctors to care for the patients?they stampede other health care team and would want their growth cos the 2ministers are drs, cmd ,cmac are drs so none of the other team policies are favoured.let there be a level playing ground that allowes every health team member to excell in his proffession and that cnt be goten when drs constitute the whole decision making bodies in health.i butress we are a team we need each other to function effectively.

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by onagoodday1: 11:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
chuksbogus: i have written on this issue before.in health care proffession, the problem we are having is mutual respect and most times the drs are the culprit. you require six yrs to know all you needed to be a dr and you went. a nurse needed 5yrs to know all he needed to be nurse and the dr keep saying we stayed 6yr ! our corriculum this and that.the doctors have this notion that are being infiltrated in them that they are (gods) one of my dr friend once told me that they where told that even as a house officer they are bigger than the highest nurse or pharmacist or lab scientist.imagine the type of behaviour this stupid advice will bring about. these are 3 seprate proffessions with independent departments in the hospital but need each other to acheive the hospital goal.let the dr be a dr nd leave the nurse to be nurse nd the pharm to be.the dr want to be the cmd, the cmac the minister for health, minister for state for health ,nafdac boss etc haba .should other members of the team leave only the doctors to care for the patients?they stampede other health care team and would want their growth cos the 2ministers are drs, cmd ,cmac are drs so none of the other team policies are favoured.let there be a level playing ground that allowes every health team member to excell in his proffession and that cnt be goten when drs constitute the whole decision making bodies in health.i butress we are a team we need each other to function effectively.
one million likes for you, one million likes for again, i owe one bottle at least.
you know One protester once said on national T.V that what we have today is a ministry of doctors not the ministry of health, thus the need to stress it here that the health sector is a multidisciplinary sector that encompasses the pharmacist, the nurses, the physicians, the lab scientists, the physiotherapist, the radiographers, just see this write up http://mypharmacymydream./2013/09/06/see-what-education-has-done-to-the-health-sector/#more-243
Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by onagoodday1: 11:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
Leopantro:

you obviously have a vendetta against doctors therefore further discussion is rendered moot. do you know that her husband is not a doctor but has a diploma in dentistry but she employed him and made him H.O.D of the department and back dated his employment with arrears.
like seriously durrh!!!!... why not set the country ablaze because a woman made her husband an H.O.D of a dpt in one hospital in Nigeria,so e dey pain una, eyahhh, when una dey do am people una no know,what goes around comes around. but for the main time.... excuuuse me

1 Like

Re: Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October by ketoprofen(m): 12:36am On Oct 07, 2013
inferiority complex at its peak in this thread.

doctors created all these health sciences for these ppl and one dolt called joshuapharm is talking trash.
go and read the history of medicine - a doctor usually diagnosed an illness, run the tests, prescribed the drugs, cost the drugs, gave the exact quantities to the patient before he sees another PX.

But there was a drive to make the process faster, we trained pips as nurses, lab workers, pharmacists,etc and the systems we evolved into professions.
even till now, doctors are in those various fields masterminding the activities there.

and one riff Raff is here basking in ignorance.
when non doctors went on strike, didn't the hospitals continue?
our pathologists, hematologists, radiologists, chem path doctors, pharmacists, took ur places, the house officers acted as nurses, it was kinda fun plus we were faster.

presently, the wards are empty because docs are on strike even though all of Una full ground.
so, who exactly do patients come to see in d Hosp again?

if u want to convince me u are educated, then u shd know that B.pharm is never equal to medicine even without the surgery.
that B.pharm is just abt conditions and their corresponding drugs but that's not what dpcs spent six years doing plus residency.

let me stop here for now, see u 2moro

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Polako, Bayelsa Youth President Raphael Commits Suicide / Impact Of Masturbation On Fertility / Profiling Nigerians Who Died Of COVID-19 Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.