Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics (8841 Views)

Medical Negligence In Nigerian University Clinics Has To Stop!!! / Nation Wide Strike By Resident Doctors From 1st October / Fertility Clinics Buy Sperm From Lagosians For N50,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by sogodihno: 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
NMASTRIKE: Stop Doctors on Govt Payroll from Establishing Private Clinics
Nurses in the country have condemned the ongoing strke by the medical doctors. They urged government to stop all doctors on it’s pay roll from establishing private clinics. Besides, the nurses under the umbrella of National Association of Nigeria Nurses andMidwives (NANNM) also condemned what it described unethical behavior or practice of Medical Practitioners whereby in-patients are compulsory discharged against their wish whenever Nigeria Medical Association calls for industrial action.The Nurses in a statement issued on Sunday and made available to newsmen in Abuja expressed displeasure over the strike, stressing that NMA always wants to make it appear that the patients left the hospital because doctors are on strike.The statement which was signed by Mr. Yusuf-Badmus, General Secretary, NANNM stressed that, “the public at large must be made to know that most in-patients are in the hospital for comprehensive healthcare (physical and psychological) and are being taken care of by the nurses and other health professionals, except those that have been booked for surgical procedures or surgical operation.”The medical practitioner therefore, has no moral nor ethical justification to compulsorily force them (in-patients) out of the hospital to make the hospital empty because doctors are on strike.”He explained further that “Ante natal care, deliveries and post natal cares are handled by skilled nurses or midwives even where we have or do not have medical practitioners. Most hospitals or health facilities in Nigeria are run today without medical practitioners especially in the rural or semi urban areas where the medical practitioners have distained and refused to work.“The public are therefore encouraged to attend and patronize the hospitals because other health professionals such as skill midwives, the accident and emergency (A& E) Nurses, intensive care nurses, orthopedic nurses pediatric nurses etc. including the medical laboratory scientists, medical record officers, the radiographers the physiotherapists and pharmacists etc are on ground to attend to their health needs.”He further stated, “All government health workers should have a unified salary scales. Difference should be entry/exit points and professional/peculiar allowances of the different cadres of workers. This will go a long way in checking. and prevent
unhealthy rivalry and end to the incessant strike action, that leaves the innocent patient to suffer.”

7 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by NaMe4: 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2014
See Beef!

But if the doctors discharge the patients from hospital, the patients have every right to go back for readmission, abi dem docs hire shekau put for gate?

Na wa o. If Nigerians fit direct dis kain energy towards looters and thieves for government, we for don go far by now. Instead they go dey fight demselves for crumbs!

27 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by adeoladrg(m): 9:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
We all know that the commitment level will be very low, simply put!

I don't need to explain how this affects the lives of the innocent patients!

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by adeoladrg(m): 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2014
NaMe4: See Beef!

But if the doctors discharge the patients from hospital, the patients have every right to go back for readmission, abi dem docs hire shekau put for gate?

Na wa o. If Nigerians fit direct dis kain energy towards looters and thieves for government, we for don go far by now. Instead they go dey fight demselves for crumbs!

Kini eleyi nso? :/

3 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by drkay(m): 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
Doctor owns the patient. Why will I keep them on bed when am nt going to be around to follow them up? This man is a character.

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by pembisco(m): 11:25pm On Jul 22, 2014
drkay: Doctor owns the patient. Why will I keep them on bed when am nt going to be around to follow them up? This man is a character.

..and u ar dulll. No iidiate owns any patient. Any moment a patient is at any health woka's service, dt woka is respnsible fo d patient. If a patient is at lab, he belongs to d scientist, same wit pharmacy nd ward.

13 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by drered(m): 11:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
Lol. Well. I don't see any reason why a doc shouldn't own a private hospital while working in a tertiary institution as long as other doctors will be on ground full time in his hospital and he wouldn't try and divert patients there and then rip them off. What I have an issue with his a doctor owning a pharmacy. Its almost like a conflict of interest cuz patients will almost always be diverted to their pharmacy and then even drugs that may not be needed/indicated might be prescribed just to keep business moving. Also the patient might be mis-informed about the superiority of the drugs in his pharmacy that might come at a way higher price when this drugs are really just therapeutic equivalents with drugs at any other pharmacy thus trampling on the patients right to make informed decisions..
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by drered(m): 11:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
drkay: Doctor owns the patient. Why will I keep them on bed when am nt going to be around to follow them up? This man is a character.
So you'd rather kick them out to the streets than let them stay where they can get care even without you there? What version of the hippocratic oath did you take?

5 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by armadeo(m): 12:11am On Jul 23, 2014
drered: So you'd rather kick them out to the streets than let them stay where they can get care even without you there? What version of the hippocratic oath did you take?

They weren't kicked out they were discharged because the dr would not be held liable for what happens when he isn't present.

However you are free to readmit them.

7 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Nobody: 1:03am On Jul 23, 2014
This whole saga is getting too comical. I used to think whoever admits discharges. If docs aren't gonna be on ground to monitor the patients they admitted, they should discharge them na. Then pAtients can go back to be readmitted by the records officer. Afterall, everybody owns the patient. So as gen. Sec. Don talk now, hospitals are fully functional except for surgical procedures. Baba suwe!

10 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by drkay(m): 4:39am On Jul 23, 2014
pembisco:

..and u ar dulll. No iidiate owns any patient. Any moment a patient is at any health woka's service, dt woka is respnsible fo d patient. If a patient is at lab, he belongs to d scientist, same wit pharmacy nd ward.
This is public display of lack of knowlege. Mr, that Doctor owns d patient is a statement of fact. And pls learn how not to insult ppl at random on a forum like this.

14 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by drkay(m): 4:45am On Jul 23, 2014
armadeo:

They weren't kicked out they were discharged because the dr would not be held liable for what happens when he isn't present.

However you are free to readmit them.
Thank you very much sir, am yet to see his own version of the oath directing me to leave the care of my patients in the hands of the consultant nurses and d lab scientists.

5 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 23, 2014
Very very good. They should also stop civil services and politicians on salary scale from going abroad for treatments any time they have fever and headache and food poisoning including Oga Jona. Everyone should patronize locally made government hospitals.... grin
Omo toni iya un oni sun, oun na ko nifo ju korun. shioor.

4 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by slimpoppa(m): 6:16am On Jul 23, 2014
no o
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by DaVinChiSam(m): 6:20am On Jul 23, 2014
No
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by sammieguze(m): 6:21am On Jul 23, 2014
And how can you guarantee that he won't divert patients to his hospital if he owns a private hospital
drered: Lol. Well. I don't see any reason why a doc shouldn't own a private hospital while working in a tertiary institution as long as other doctors will be on ground full time in his hospital and he wouldn't try and divert patients there and then rip them off. What I have an issue with his a doctor owning a pharmacy. Its almost like a conflict of interest cuz patients will almost always be diverted to their pharmacy and then even drugs that may not be needed/indicated might be prescribed just to keep business moving. Also the patient might be mis-informed about the superiority of the drugs in his pharmacy that might come at a way higher price when this drugs are really just therapeutic equivalents with drugs at any other pharmacy thus trampling on the patients right to make informed decisions..

3 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by jibbish(m): 6:23am On Jul 23, 2014
NO
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by madridguy(m): 6:25am On Jul 23, 2014
Let the federal Govt do the right thing to the medical expert and they should stop discouraging them. Afterall, politician are cancerous to us and they are benefiting more from Nigeria purse more than people saving lives.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Odunharry(m): 6:25am On Jul 23, 2014
grin
Wife was teaching husband English
grammar...
Wife: I AM BEAUTIFUL.Which tense is this?
Husband: Past Tense!!!!

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Akbee(m): 6:26am On Jul 23, 2014
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by ziccoit: 6:28am On Jul 23, 2014
Majority of "Hospitals" (that is what they called the centre ) in my state are owned by the nurses on government payroll. So what are they up to? Then let the government ready to pay them like their counterparts in other places.
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by creekman(m): 6:30am On Jul 23, 2014
I am not a doctor,but my suggestion to our government in resolving this fight btw doctors and nurses,should be in line with 'best practices' obtainable in developed nations.If in developed nations doctors and nurses are placed on d same salary scale,then we should adopt that.But if not,this fight btw them is unnecessary.

7 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by PassingShot(m): 6:36am On Jul 23, 2014
This type of confussion is what happens when everything is politicized.

Let those that the caps fit wear them. Give doctors their due RESPECT and there wont be any need for this brouhaha!

The field of health care profession is a pyramid in which the doctors sit at the top. No more no less!

Not until we stop all these unnecessary beefing, our health system will continue to be in limbo.

My 50 kobo.

14 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Smartsyn(m): 6:42am On Jul 23, 2014
hmmm
Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by DollyParton1(f): 6:59am On Jul 23, 2014
Nigeria cannot survive with only public health sector. We haven't gotten to that level yet.

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by lakamua: 7:03am On Jul 23, 2014
I like d silence of doctors. action speaks louder than words. still wondering why nurses should let pharmacist carry them along their selfish path. maybe somebody needs to let them know their job. you cant spend a whole 5yrs in school to be a drug dispenser and count yourself important in the hospital. leave the hospital for those who really know what patient care is about and go make drugs. stop poisining the minds of important health workers.

7 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Spuggie: 7:09am On Jul 23, 2014
pembisco:

Hey dude, dis just go to shows how conversant u are with the health sector,but here you are commenting....its not cool that you insulted drkay....just to minimize any confusion, am a doctor and a doctor owns the patient and that why a doctor is held reSponsible if anything goes wrong and a doctor gives referral letter should the patient decide to leave.......if the doctor who is in charge is going on strike wats the point of leaving the patient in bed.....go get some education dumbass and as for the JOHESU, I am yet to figure out between you and them who have a higher IQ

8 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 23, 2014
MR. NURSE ...
u can go to the streets and drag patients to the hospital,since its now by compulsion.
U have just XPOSED the IGNORANCE IN NURSE PRACTICE.
D most intriguing thing about this JOHESU...is dat.:::
1)dey buy cars and hang stethoscope inside, even a mortuary/LAB attendant does this.

2).Dey pay heavily/sort ,just to have their kids study medicine.
3).Dey feel elated and accomplished ..wen DATING medical doctors.
4)Dey want their kids to marry med. doctors.
5)I FEEL dis whole thing is INFERIORITY COMPLEX.

21 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by TCD: 7:18am On Jul 23, 2014
All useless propaganda. Only a fool will listen to this people. Just yesternight in the middle of the night I was woken up that a senior matrons child has been convulsing and unconsious I should please come and help. Last week was also called when one of thems children had sickle cell crises. And these are very senior nurses o. They themselves know they won't dare take their unconscious children to radiographers, lab scientists and A$E nurses. The other day the ones in labour room took delivery and the woman started pouring blood like tap she was discharged sharply to go find a doctor to sort her out in a private clinic. We had to eventually take out that womans womb to save her life. Poor woman had ruptured her uterus due to injudicious uses of oxytotics by those clowns in a woman with two previous scars. When they shyte hits the fan or when their own relations fall into serious trouble they know who to call, meanwhile they will be advising the gullible public to come patronise them. I laugh in french

30 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Noctec: 7:21am On Jul 23, 2014
[size=18pt]What a question?[/size]

1 Like

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by Ekpekus1: 7:23am On Jul 23, 2014
The Government owned hospital can't meet the health need of our teeming population. Even with the available private clinics, the health needs are still not met yet someone is screaming for these to be scrapped. Even in advance clime, private practice thrives.

Have you ever wondered, why it is now be encouraged to even train traditional birth attendants? Singularly so shed the burden of the workload especially in rural communities.

These people shouldn't allow hate becloud their sense of reasoning.

4 Likes

Re: FG Should Stop Doctors From Establishing Private Clinics by klodike(m): 7:24am On Jul 23, 2014
Did u see anything. About owning patient in the oath Gibberish.
drered: So you'd rather kick them out to the streets than let them stay where they can get care even without you there? What version of the hippocratic oath did you take?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Monavie - A Blend Of The Famous Brazilian Acai Berry / Hair Wonder:the Lasting Solution To Hair Loss And Hair Breakage / The Human Body Most Erogenous Zones ( Picture )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.